Fair Balancing?

Oxytocin.4239

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

worldy impact is a hugely telegraphed skill. You also proved a point on which everyone is saying.. look at how pitiful rapid fire hits. It's not as strong as people like to claim it to be. Then we have someone getting hit by 2 hugely telegraphed skills. You realize the Rev hammers hit harder than that and virtually can't be seen, and are on a lower cool down..

The problem is not Rapidfire or GS skills, they are easily predictable/dodge-able. I got hit by auto attacks, 7k each, and the ranger could've had their auto-targeting up to make it even more challenging to land such high skill based auto attack from 1800 range. Just remove the damage increase based on range (it even defies physics), make them all as the lowest value of the three. Also, fix the damage modifiers, the base value of the auto attack and the co-efficient are almost the same as any other weapon, yet on SB with a 1800 range, it seems to hit the hardest.

@Auburner.6945 said:The problem is not Rapidfire or GS skills, they are easily predictable/dodge-able. I got hit by auto attacks, 7k each, and the ranger could've had their auto-targeting up to make it even more challenging to land such high skill based auto attack from 1800 range. Just remove the damage increase based on range (it even defies physics), make them all as the lowest value of the three. Also, fix the damage modifiers, the base value of the auto attack and the co-efficient are almost the same as any other weapon, yet on SB with a 1800 range, it seems to hit the hardest.

Even when i run with full glass, I never get hit for that much by an auto attack.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

@Auburner.6945 said:The problem is not Rapidfire or GS skills, they are easily predictable/dodge-able. I got hit by auto attacks, 7k each, and the ranger could've had their auto-targeting up to make it even more challenging to land such high skill based auto attack from 1800 range. Just remove the damage increase based on range (it even defies physics), make them all as the lowest value of the three. Also, fix the damage modifiers, the base value of the auto attack and the co-efficient are almost the same as any other weapon, yet on SB with a 1800 range, it seems to hit the hardest.

Even when i run with full glass, I never get hit for that much by an auto attack.

Well, the image of the thread shows a 6100 Long Range Shot hit, so it's close to my stated value, and it depends on class as armor varies, and on Might stacks/stacked modifiers.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

6k is nothing actually, auto attacks hits me for 8k-9k up to 11k with sic'em, i saw a soulbeast vídeo one shotting a mirage with a 17k auto attack, idk how

What armor do you have on,because just looking at that damage I know your running glass .Was the ranger in question externally booned up ?So throwing up a bunch of combat damage up is just testimonial BS that doesn't prove anything .Show us your armor stats and prove with the combat math that is provided .This is just more single sided BS that's completely biased with purely circumstantial evidence.The ranger is fine the way it is .People are just mad because it upsets their precious Meta.Ranger /Soulbeast running LB is power damage .Dump your Glass Meta build and put some armor on .I have Minstrels on with scholar runes and never get hit like that from any ranger or soulbeast .Your argument is empty and unfounded.

@"Mokk.2397" said:What armor do you have on,because just looking at that damage I know your running glass .Was the ranger in question externally booned up ?So throwing up a bunch of combat damage up is just testimonial BS that doesn't prove anything .Show us your armor stats and prove with the combat math that is provided .This is just more single sided BS that's completely biased with purely circumstantial evidence.The ranger is fine the way it is .People are just mad because it upsets their precious Meta.Ranger /Soulbeast running LB is power damage .Dump your Glass Meta build and put some armor on .I have Minstrels on with scholar runes and never get hit like that from any ranger or soulbeast .Your argument is empty and unfounded.

If you can defend this BS after watching this idk what to tell you

@spectrito.8513 said:

@"Mokk.2397" said:What armor do you have on,because just looking at that damage I know your running glass .Was the ranger in question externally booned up ?So throwing up a bunch of combat damage up is just testimonial BS that doesn't prove anything .Show us your armor stats and prove with the combat math that is provided .This is just more single sided BS that's completely biased with purely circumstantial evidence.The ranger is fine the way it is .People are just mad because it upsets their precious Meta.Ranger /Soulbeast running LB is power damage .Dump your Glass Meta build and put some armor on .I have Minstrels on with scholar runes and never get hit like that from any ranger or soulbeast .Your argument is empty and unfounded.

It's no use. The WvW forum is being run by players who mained ganker classes. Whatever evidence or proof you give, it will be shot down, flamed or otherwise they will try to confuse you.

Go reddit for unbaised discussions and opinions. And, weird enough, ANet officials posted most of their first hand news and info over there too.

@Mil.3562 said:

It's no use. The WvW forum is being run by players who mained ganker classes. Whatever evidence or proof you give, it will be shot down, flamed or otherwise they will try to confuse you.

Go reddit for unbaised discussions and opinions. And, weird enough, ANet officials posted most of their first hand news and info over there too.

What are ganking classes ?Because im being ganked by pretty much all of them at the same time

Ppl saying "hurr durr just dodge" make me laugh.Maul has 4sec cd (which is quicker than endurance regenerates, im pretty sure, its low af)It hits harder than any warrior or guard gs skill with lower cd, while those 2 are basically full melee and cant equip a longbow that has 1500 where you have to be scared of 1111 hits alone.

Paired with signets of stone and that soulbeast dmg reduction stuff + mobillity, ranger definately needs to be worked on

@"RedShark.9548" said:Ppl saying "hurr durr just dodge" make me laugh.Maul has 4sec cd (which is quicker than endurance regenerates, im pretty sure, its low af)-Here's the thing though, the stuff that make it hit incredibly hard does not have short cooldowns.-There are plenty of skills in this game that hit 3-4k base figures on relatively short cooldowns on a myriad of classes. All of those crit for 10-20k.-On the Warrior there are plenty of weapon choices that hit in that vicinity and not just on the burst skills (even if they can be regarded as low-CD skills).-Necros also has plenty of low-to-moderate cooldown skills that inflict high burst damage either with stacked or singular hits (even without shroud).-The Revenant we shouldn't even have to mention here or the Holosmith. It should be obvious by now.-Staff Thieves do not have a particularily long cooldown on Vault even if initiative is hard to compare. Anyone who has paid attention knows it.-Even Weavers have plenty of high burst skills and not just only on wonky Churning-builds, ice spike can even after the nerf reach around 3k base.-If you somehow factor in hits under openings/remorseless/stuns and Sic 'Ems you also need to consider the other classes long-CD skills, like Meteors.-The difference between skills hitting for 20k and 25k is also rather marginal, glass will be oneshot either way and tanked builds are hard to calculate.

As always, is damage over the top across the board? Sure. Does Soulbeasts have some decent niche in that now? Sure. The incessant whining about them though is more down to bad players than anything else. If you want to do high burst damage on virtually any class in the game, just visit GW2skills and go to work. Do that before you post another terrible thread without any form of basis for discussion or that can't be immidiately be shut down with simple common knowledge. Find something worthwhile to actually discuss instead of whining about base slow-auto figures or 5-sec burst skills that most classes have access to in some way. The real reason not all classes play pure gimmick burst builds is not that they lack the ability to build such builds, it is that they have access to something better that is more popular on them. There is a reason people play Firebrands rather than Glacial-blow Dragon Hunters on full glass even if they too can do stealth-burst gimmicks like that ridiculous multi-step video that mauls the air just to stack damage modifiers.

@"Anput.4620" said:Maul and Worly Impact, literally 2 most dodgable skills next to Deaths Judgment.

I dont think this is about being able to dodge or not,its the ability to hit so hard with one skill. Like how berserk gets insta nerfed by 25% cus they realized it hit too hard.Yet we have ranger going rampant since last year and its still possible.

Just dodguh.

Its kinda hilarious how Anet thinks "This is fine".

@"RedShark.9548" said:Ppl saying "hurr durr just dodge" make me laugh.Maul has 4sec cd (which is quicker than endurance regenerates, im pretty sure, its low af)It hits harder than any warrior or guard gs skill with lower cd, while those 2 are basically full melee and cant equip a longbow that has 1500 where you have to be scared of 1111 hits alone.

Paired with signets of stone and that soulbeast dmg reduction stuff + mobillity, ranger definately needs to be worked on

You must be a pretty terrible player to get hit by maul or the opponent is close to God status..choose one...I'd go for first one because you claim huge dmg then state defenses belong to another build, we're talking about ranger not engi on holosmith. A ranger stacked for maul dmg is super glass and has no sustain and if you claim signet of stone does anything at all....yes even more you're a terrible player, if you die to a glass ranger 1v1...you need to work on your skills ...for a long time