(Suggestion) Can we please have a item description about what ring can go on what hand?

I bought a ring and apparently, I can't equip it because I already have one of the same items on me and I never knew you need a completely different ringI thought you can just put on 2 rings on the hand slots even if they're the same, Turns out it doesn't work that way.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:"Unique" already covers that info... if you know what it means, which is only made clear on Wiki. So I guess I agree with you. ;)

My mind wasn't 100% at the time when I bought it, No wonder there were 2 rings that had the exact same stats.Smh part of me is dumb and part of me isn't.

@"TheUnknown.5204" said:I spent 30 Laurels on a ring and I just found out I can get a ring from Fractals.

That, too. Or in PvP. Or WvW. It's the same type of ring:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mist_Band

The best part about it is that you can reset its stats whenever required by buying a resetter. :)

The same goes for the three items (including a backpack) available in the LWS3 Ep. 1 map:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Scholar_Rakka#vendor3

Most trinkets have a another of that trinket type with the same stats.

I suspect if you open a ticket with support, they'll refund the purchase cost. That will allow you to buy the stat-matching one.

Optionally, you can give this ring to another character, and buy a second for your current character.

I got a reply back from them, Waited 4 days and they said to destroy the Royal Signet of Doric, I did then they gave me a bag and a chest of laurels and they gave me a total of 35 laurels back.I explained to them every detail on what happened, I bought a ring from a laurel merchant but I didn't know I can get it from the fractals and I should've got an amulet from the laurel merchant instead, They made me destroy the ring then they gave me mail of a laurel bag and chest and now I bought the amulet from the laurel merchant.Lovely game, Lovely support.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There's really no need (if there ever was) for this mechanic. There are so many non-unique rings and rings are so plentiful (as fractal and raid drops, for purchase from LS3 vendors for low-practical costs) that it's now only a handicap for new players.Historically ascended rings came with offensive or defensive infusion slots. They were unique so players had to take one of each type of infusion slot if they wanted to use the same stats on both rings.

The reason vanished when they unified infusions, but apparently adjusting the rings to not be unique any more wasn't possible in the course of that rework.

@TheUnknown.5204 said:I bought a ring and apparently, I can't equip it because I already have one of the same items on me and I never knew you need a completely different ringI thought you can just put on 2 rings on the hand slots even if they're the same, Turns out it doesn't work that way.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:"Unique" already covers that info... if you know what it means, which is only made clear on Wiki. So I guess I agree with you. ;)

I'm pretty sure the ring also says somewhere in the description that you can only wear one of them at a time, besides being described as Unique, but then it's been a while since I obtained one so I might be wrong.