Arc Divider: Reduced damage in PvP and WvW by 25%. The downfall of berserker!

Hitman.5829

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Beserker can take all the the elites making it tanky like endure pain etc and the less endure pain etc cant it? Than it would have decent dps,sustain and mobility. If u chose to build all for power u cant complain that it should have op dps because its sustain or mobility is less than squishy classes just like u cant expect squishy classes to have less dps than warrior because their mobility is better.

And etc and etc and which skills do you really mean?Any of the utilities berserker has access to does not provide him anything that could give him an edge over classes which could TP away and back or stealth, dodge whatever.Bulls charge has 1 sec casting time its literally just twice as faster than running. Stomp does not give you any mobility, neither sundering leap does, it has a cast time and pathetic range, running takes the same time to travel. The only thing that could give warrior any mobility is balanced stance which gives 33% movement speed with 40 seconds of cooldown.What kind of mobility do you mean man? If someone plays thief, mesmer or revenant and cannot run away from berserker then he is the king of the noobs.Endure pain, endure pain, endure pain, endure pain.It does not endure you from CC unless you sacrifice trait tree and take deffensive just for sake to not take CC into the face, but it does not help you much to catch aware thief or revenant.

@Sobx.1758 said:So you think there's a problem because people can react to a skill?

No, that's not what I said at all. I'm going to urge you to start a minimum of comprehending my posts if you want to continually troll me. Not much to ask.

I don't think it's a good situation where a skill is used primarily for it's secondary effects; people aren't using head butt to stun ... they are using it for a quick,adrenaline fill up. I don't think that's it's original intention, but that's how it's being used. That's not a hard concept to follow. I didn't say anything about reacting to a skill.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:So you think there's a problem because people can react to a skill?

No, that's not what I said
at all
. I'm going to urge you to start a minimum of comprehending my posts if you want to continually troll me. Not much to ask.

I don't think it's a good situation where a skill is used primarily for it's secondary effects; people aren't using head butt to stun ... they are using it for a quick,adrenaline fill up. I don't think that's it's original intention, but that's how it's being used. That's not a hard concept to follow. I didn't say anything about reacting to a skill.

Do people really use headbutt? i haven't seen a warrior use it in WvW, perhaps because it is a highly telegraphed skill that gives 0, nada, nothing if you miss. The only good thing about it, is that its on a low cooldown. I rather have a skill that will be reliable 90% of the time (rampage).

Also, headbutt is a one target skill, NO THANKS.

@Hitman.5829 said:

at all
. I'm going to urge you to start a minimum of comprehending my posts if you want to continually troll me. Not much to ask.

Do people really use headbutt? i haven't seen a warrior use it in WvW, perhaps because it is a highly telegraphed skill that gives 0, nada, nothing if you miss. The only good thing about it, is that its on a low cooldown. I rather have a skill that will be reliable 90% of the time (rampage).

Headbutt is amazing and a very viable part of Berserker. Besides it's breaking stuns,given full adren,can do about 10k dmg,and its a 3 sec stun,when using savage instinct you have a free break after entering berserk,and it also works great together with rousing.I have no issues landing this skill whatsoever.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Spellbreaker is one of the legit powercrept classes and needs toned down. Arc devider was broken and needed toned down. Berserker needs work in other areas so as to not depend on one broken skill(or two if u consider rampage op) also hitman if u think thief these days is OP next to spellbreaker than theirs really not going to be any point in arguing with u cuz u clearly are a warrior player who will not see their class for what it is pick a thief and fight a warrior spec,see how it goes.

It depends on the player skill level and the opponents that you face. For most of the time, I encounter thieves wannabes that don't know how to play their class, but when I face a master thief that knows each and every single skill and trait of their profession, then that's when the warrior stands no chance. It does not matter if you are #1 warrior in Guild wars 2, warrior is just not build to deal with thieves.

As a starter, thieves can disengage anytime they want, so just by doing that, the fight is a tie.The more skillful players will use stealth and stuns to wear down the warrior defenses.The even more skillful players will use stealth, stuns, blinds, poison and weakness to render the warrior completely useless. Yes, COMPLETELY USELESS!

Now, for those master thieves out there that know what I am talking about, you know that thieves are by far more overpower than the warrior and you well know that warrior stands no chance against your BS skills. It takes honesty and courage to accept this fact.

U are very wrong. A good warrior stomps a good theif pretty easily in a 1v1. A good thief knows this and avoids the fight altogether or unless it's a +1 or lastly they kno the warrior is a noob. I've played thief over 4 yrs almost exclusively,not saying I'm great by any means but I kno the class pretty well. I boosted a warrior almost month ago and have wrecked face far easier in wvw with warrior and spellbreaker it's not even close. Thiefs reward for high skill these days is low, I was winning 1v1 and doing ok out numbered on warrior by the next day lol.

lol people trying to convince that warriors wreck thieves like nothing. YES it is true if the thief is a noob, but if the thief is not a noob, then there is no way to beat him as a warrior.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

at all

Headbutt is amazing and a very viable part of Berserker. Besides it's breaking stuns,given full adren,can do about 10k dmg,and its a 3 sec stun,when using savage instinct you have a free break after entering berserk,and it also works great together with rousing.I have no issues landing this skill whatsoever.

Well, against players that have no skill everything works. But if the enemy is using competent builds that have stunbreak traits, then the stun is completely useless.This is why I do not use headdutt, but rather use other elite skills that are reliable all the time.

See, against noobs, headbutt works most of the time, but what happens when you encounter a competent player with the right build?Or in the worst case scenario, a random dodge or skill activation that blocks, blinds, or evades headbutt.

For this reason, I chose other elite skills, because I want to make sure that my elite is going to be there when I need it.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

at all

I have to second this. If you run Rousing Resilience and use HB after being stunned you get three things:1) Your enemy will be less likely to suspect HB after they CC you, thus is more likely to hit.2) HB gives you a small heal and 8s of +1000 toughness!3) Savage instinct will give you another small heal once you go into BMode!

Its cute, and while I still prefer to go full glass with Berserker, Rousing Resilience is strong with HB and Savage Instinct and I highly recommend it for Berserkers that spec Defense.

And yes I land HB often in WvW, even against players that I know are better than me. There is little tell if used at point blank range and comes out almost instantly in that case.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

at all

I have to second this. If you run Rousing Resilience and use HB after being stunned you get three things:1) Your enemy will be less likely to suspect HB after they CC you, thus is more likely to hit.2) HB gives you a small heal and 8s of +1000 toughness!3) Savage instinct will give you another small heal once you go into BMode!

Its cute, and while I still prefer to go full glass with Berserker, Rousing Resilience is strong with HB and Savage Instinct and I highly recommend it for Berserkers that spec Defense.

And yes I land HB often in WvW, even against players that I know are better than me. There is little tell if used at point blank range and comes out almost instantly in that case.

You guys are assuming that the enemy will stay stun for 3 seconds. If that is the case then yes it works, but in reality you have to account for all the stun breaks there are in the game and passive stun break traits. For this same reason, mace F1 skill is completely useless and nobody uses it because HoT introduce so many stun breaks that warrior mace became completely useless and nowadays there is not a single competent warrior that uses mace.

If you are using it as a source of adrenaline gain, then I pity you.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:So you think there's a problem because people can react to a skill?

at all

Pretty much any other skill does nothing if you miss, your ""argument"" is invalid.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@"Sobx.1758" said:So you think there's a problem because people can react to a skill?

at all

Well, against players that have no skill everything works. But if the enemy is using competent builds that have stunbreak traits, then the stun is completely useless.This is why I do not use headdutt, but rather use other elite skills that are reliable all the time.

See, against noobs, headbutt works most of the time, but what happens when you encounter a competent player with the right build?Or in the worst case scenario, a random dodge or skill activation that blocks, blinds, or evades headbutt.

For this reason, I chose other elite skills, because I want to make sure that my elite is going to be there when I need it.

It's awsome how you coimpletely discredit a stun skill "because people have stunbreaks", but at the same time (and day) in another thread you literally write that thieves win against warriors because they can use stuns:

@Hitman.5829 said:The more skillful players will use stealth and stuns to wear down the warrior defenses.The even more skillful players will use stealth, stuns, blinds, poison and weakness to render the warrior completely useless. Yes, COMPLETELY USELESS!

Come on, just decide on something already. You can't say that a competent player destroys you because they can stun you, but at the same time you can't stun anyone "because stun breaks exist in the game", lmao. Unless you're suggesting you're not a competent player, which I wouldn't dare to imply.

Also, as a sidenote, it's worth mentioning that limited skill slots and picking one skill over another is something that every class experience as well and in no way it's limited to warrior class.

• Confused 1

@Obtena.7952 said:

at all

Pretty sure the whole thing was started by someone claiming you can't land it, so the other person answered about using it for adrenaline. You hopped on the "if it's not used for stun, then there's a problem with a skill" idea. So yes, that's what you said if you actually understood the context of messages you were answering to. And now you're the one that tries to ridicule me about my reading comprehension? How ironic. Start using your own advices.

And then there's the part that you completely refused to acknowledge as you usually do when you know you're wrong: who are you to decide what is a primary/secondary effect of the skill? It's a skill that does multiple things on a single press of a key, you're not the one to decide which one is primary or secondary and then pretend you have an argument or that THAT'S a problem with a skill. Because it's not.

So yeah, there's no problem with the skill because the stun can be mitigated in one way or another.

• Confused 1

@"Hitman.5829" said:[w/e]

Don't forget to explain at which point Ghos said he thinks warrior is OP.Or how you say "knowing skills and traits" is "mastering a class" :lol:Or how disengaging is a "tie"Or how your on-paper theorycrafting is overally just bullkitten. :grin:

No? Oh well...

• Confused 1

people still arguing about berserker? lolwhen pre-nerf, there's 5x more weaver then berserker in plat and weaver werent even the most popular class at the time.

and arc divider was the only thing berserker has, with it nerfed by 25% that means the whole build got a 25% nerf.and if you know anything at all about the game you would know berserker were no where close to even meta to begin with, now it's just a C tier build after nerf

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Spellbreaker is one of the legit powercrept classes and needs toned down. Arc devider was broken and needed toned down. Berserker needs work in other areas so as to not depend on one broken skill(or two if u consider rampage op) also hitman if u think thief these days is OP next to spellbreaker than theirs really not going to be any point in arguing with u cuz u clearly are a warrior player who will not see their class for what it is pick a thief and fight a warrior spec,see how it goes.

It depends on the player skill level and the opponents that you face. For most of the time, I encounter thieves wannabes that don't know how to play their class, but when I face a master thief that knows each and every single skill and trait of their profession, then that's when the warrior stands no chance. It does not matter if you are #1 warrior in Guild wars 2, warrior is just not build to deal with thieves.

As a starter, thieves can disengage anytime they want, so just by doing that, the fight is a tie.The more skillful players will use stealth and stuns to wear down the warrior defenses.The even more skillful players will use stealth, stuns, blinds, poison and weakness to render the warrior completely useless. Yes, COMPLETELY USELESS!

Now, for those master thieves out there that know what I am talking about, you know that thieves are by far more overpower than the warrior and you well know that warrior stands no chance against your BS skills. It takes honesty and courage to accept this fact.

U are very wrong. A good warrior stomps a good theif pretty easily in a 1v1. A good thief knows this and avoids the fight altogether or unless it's a +1 or lastly they kno the warrior is a noob. I've played thief over 4 yrs almost exclusively,not saying I'm great by any means but I kno the class pretty well. I boosted a warrior almost month ago and have wrecked face far easier in wvw with warrior and spellbreaker it's not even close. Thiefs reward for high skill these days is low, I was winning 1v1 and doing ok out numbered on warrior by the next day lol.

lol people trying to convince that warriors wreck thieves like nothing. YES it is true if the thief is a noob, but if the thief is not a noob, then there is no way to beat him as a warrior.

Warrior is a top 1v1 and thief one of if not the worse 1v1 and ur saying a good thief beats a good warrior lmao are u new? Wow

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Warrior is a top 1v1 and thief one of if not the worse 1v1 and ur saying a good thief beats a good warrior lmao are u new? Wow

Your argument is null, if a class is good against majority of other node fighter class, doesnt mean it is good against all classes.paper beat rock but does not beat scissor.spellbreaker is good against other node fighter, main because other classes depend on protection but spellbreaker strip them from it.while thief relies on blind or evades that are implemented in their attacks which is bigger threat to warrior, since majority of warrior's attacks are single strike or telegraphed.not to mention a good thief will never die to a warrior, because warrior has no chase ability that can rival teleports. a losing thief can always disengage and +1 else where giving your team advantage in men number. or if you choose so, you can disengage and engage till you win.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Warrior is top 1 vs 1? lol you clearly are the new here.Warrior is mid tier in 1 vs 1.Warrior is strong in X vs X

Thief worse in 1 vs 1? HAHAHAHAHAH you are obviously new.Thief is top tier in 1 vs 1.Thief is trash in X vs X.

You need to play more GW2 boy.

@Sobx.1758 said:

at all

Pretty much any other skill does nothing if you miss, your ""argument"" is invalid.

We are talking about an elite skill. If your elite skill has 0 effect on you or the enemy, then you need a better strategy boy.

@Hitman.5829 said:

at all

We are talking about an elite skill. If your elite skill has 0 effect on you or the enemy, then you need a better strategy boy.

Again, not the first nor the last skill that is exactly like this. You're literally trying to say that if an elite skill is avoidable in any way, then it's useless, lmao. You really do need a better strategy in this thread, boy.

Also good job avoiding anything that calls you out on your bullshit (again) while limiting yourself to answering to a single sentece....and even then you still somehow manage to be wrong :anguished:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

at all

Again, not the first nor the last skill that is exactly like this. You're literally trying to say that if an elite skill is avoidable in any way, then it's useless, lmao. You really do need a better strategy in this thread, boy.

Also good job avoiding anything that calls you out on your kitten (again) while limiting yourself to answering to a single sentece....and even then you still somehow manage to be wrong :anguished:

Once again you missed the point, "We are talking about an elite skill. If your elite skill has 0 effect on you or the enemy, then you need a better strategy boy."If you like headbutt so much then use it. I am not stopping you from using it. I see the skill for what it is and I chose other elite skills that are more reliable.

Convince us that headbutt is better than I rampage.Convince us that headbutt is better than signet of fury.Convince us that headbutt is better than battle standard.

I can think of only one way to use headbutt and that is to break the "bar" of champions.I ain't going to roam WvW with an elite skill that has a 0% chance of giving me any benefit it if misses. That is a horrible strategy!

Intuition is what sets a master warrior from the rest.

@Hitman.5829 said:

at all

Also good job avoiding anything that calls you out on your kitten (again) while limiting yourself to answering to a single sentece....and even then you still somehow manage to be wrong :anguished:

Once again you missed the point, "We are talking about an elite skill. If your elite skill has 0 effect on you or the enemy, then
you need a better strategy
boy."

No, I didn't miss the point, the skill taking up an elite skill slot changes nothing of what I said.

If you like headbutt so much then use it. I am not stopping you from using it. I see the skill for what it is and I chose other elite skills that are more reliable.

I know you're not stopping anyone from using it, that's not the key point here. You're also free to use whatever you want. It's just that saying that there's a problem with a skill (from whichever kitten slot) because it can be played around or its effects can be mitigated in a multiplayer pvp game is fairly stupid and just wrong.

Convince us that headbutt is better than I rampage.Convince us that headbutt is better than signet of fury.Convince us that headbutt is better than battle standard.

I can think of only one way to use headbutt and that is to break the "bar" of champions.I ain't going to roam WvW with an elite skill that has a 0% chance of giving me any benefit it if misses. That is a horrible strategy!

Why would I need to convince you of anything? All of these skills have their situational use and all of them can be more or less played around. As I said before, your on-paper theorycrafting is kind of garbage and serves no purpose. In the meantime keep pretending you don't see the rest of the posts you got called out on. :+1:

Intuition is what sets a master warrior from the rest.

Oh, from your recent posts I thought "knowing your skills and traits" was enough :lol:For real though, not sure why you felt the need to edit your post just to include an empty slogan like this.

• Confused 1

450 range AoE max-malice+m7 malicious backstab on an already top-tier weapon for warrior and people are saying it was fine lol.

Soulbeast is stupidly OP but why in the world do people insist their class needs to be buffed to match the bonkers broken stuff on a select few builds/professions?

@Hitman.5829 said:

Warrior is top 1 vs 1? lol you clearly are the new here.Warrior is mid tier in 1 vs 1.Warrior is strong in X vs X

Thief worse in 1 vs 1? HAHAHAHAHAH you are obviously new.Thief is top tier in 1 vs 1.Thief is trash in X vs X.

You need to play more GW2Thief is a +1 decapper class because it is literally the worst class to 1v1 on lmao it's been this way for years and common knowledge. U literally are a noob trying to come of as somthing else lmao quit trolling or learn the game before posting arguements. And yeah warriors/spell breakers are the meta side noders due to their great 1v1 potential. Seriously u start playing this game few weeks ago or somthing lmao thief has never been even close to top tier 1v1. I'm done arguing with a warrior main that will literally argue the opposite of reality to defend its powercrept class. I cant even imagine someone thinking thief is a better 1v1 than a spellbreaker,I donnowhat to tell u but ur way off on what classes u think are good at what roles. I understand u probably got beat by a great thief while ur using warrior due to u not being that great yet but in time as u get better ull notice that warriors stomp thieves hard in 1v1 of equal skill,if the thief is stupid enough to try 1v1 a warrior in first place.

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:450 range AoE max-malice+m7 malicious backstab on an already top-tier weapon for warrior and people are saying it was fine lol.

Soulbeast is stupidly OP but why in the world do people insist their class needs to be buffed to match the bonkers broken stuff on a select few builds/professions?

It was 240-360-480 for each hit not 450 range on all.With the amount of mobility berserker had, you would not land two-three hits on anyone who played pvp for longer. Revenant has 1 single button to counter all your berserker effort into closing distance, landing head butt on him, activating berserker mode and then Arc Divider.Is it balanced class could entirely put all effort of another class into waste by just hitting one button which he could press multiple times? That one button is called "Riposting Shadows".You are making it up like berserker simply just appeared out of nowhere to someone and instantly killed everyone with one button press, and you entirely ignore all other aspects that comes with the use of that one skill.You have to get 30 adrenaline somehow, you have to cast berserker mode activation AND HIT WITH IT (or your lose 21% damage), you had to get close to the target with a class that basically has no mobility but 33% in one spell that only gives just that.This damage came with the share effort of executing each step, if you failed to close distance, or gain adrenaline you was a sitting duck without anything else left to show.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

You need to play more GW2Thief is a +1 decapper class because it is literally the worst class to 1v1 on lmao it's been this way for years and common knowledge. U literally are a noob trying to come of as somthing else lmao quit trolling or learn the game before posting arguements. And yeah warriors/spell breakers are the meta side noders due to their great 1v1 potential. Seriously u start playing this game few weeks ago or somthing lmao thief has never been even close to top tier 1v1. I'm done arguing with a warrior main that will literally argue the opposite of reality to defend its powercrept class. I cant even imagine someone thinking thief is a better 1v1 than a spellbreaker,I donnowhat to tell u but ur way off on what classes u think are good at what roles. I understand u probably got beat by a great thief while ur using warrior due to u not being that great yet but in time as u get better ull notice that warriors stomp thieves hard in 1v1 of equal skill,if the thief is stupid enough to try 1v1 a warrior in first place.

LMAO, are you really trying to say that warrior is top because warriors are "noders" LMAO that is the best joke I have ever heard.You know you are arguing with a new player, when that player brings the argument "warriors are to strong if you face tank them and stand in one place (a node)"Who would have tought that warrior could be devastating if you stay inside a node fighting with him face to face?It is like trying to fight a ranger by staying 1200 units away from the range.If you measure a class ability to 1 vs 1 based on "nodes" then you need to L2P.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

You need to play more GW2Thief is a +1 decapper class because it is literally the worst class to 1v1 on lmao

wrong, thief is a +1 decapper, because it is the best +1 decapper, not because it is the worst in other roles.farther more, a 1v1 without node, thief are more tolerable with mistakes and can disengage till it wins