Weapon Proficiencies Mastery Idea

InsaneQR.7412

A dude in my Gw2 community group suggested this and I thought it is a great idea.

The idea:Weapon proficiency Mastery:Mastery for each weapon type that unlocks a new skill tree to unlock with hero points that will grant you 5 new weaponskills for each profession that can wield said weapon.

I.eStaff:Druid:Healer: As it is nowProtector: More CC based, blocks, melee range and more boons less heals.

Hammer Guardian:Vanguard: As it is nowRearguard: 1200 Ranged AoE and burn heavy.

These are just examples how they could work.Main goal is to expand on the skill pool of each spec and increase diversity.This could be a way to further deepen the complexity of buildcraft without slapping additional e-specs in the game.Additionally it could give more room for weapon choices in regards of condi or power.

What do you think?

I don't want to be mean but either it will be PvE only and PvP players will complain that PvE always get the good stuff while they always have the short end of the stick, OR it will be opened to PvP and this will create tons of balance issue and, as mastery are a PvE thing, PvP players will complains that PvE is breaking balance again in PvP.

Conceptually the idea is very interesting but objectively it can only lead to more complains in the area of the forum in which devs seem to look the most: PvP.

@Dadnir.5038 said:I don't want to be mean but either it will be PvE only and PvP players will complain that PvE always get the good stuff while they always have the short end of the stick, OR it will be opened to PvP and this will create tons of balance issue and, as mastery are a PvE thing, PvP players will complains that PvE is breaking balance again in PvP.

Conceptually the idea is very interesting but objectively it can only lead to more complains in the area of the forum in which devs seem to look the most: PvP.

Well ofc it would be impacting balance.I'd rather see it as an option after e-spec roles are filled and skill extensions can be provided by other means.I think masteries are rather an elegant way to make it open for all players.The experience gain could be provided for all game modes in some way and the masterypoints too.Like you can buy mastery experience and points with PvP/WvW currency. Or just like with e-specs and other skills unlock it instantly when entering PvP.

Although interesting I don't think it can be inserted anywhere outside of pve where balance is wonky and things get changed every now and then without people given an idea of the directions or reasons why for certain changes that come out of the blue (it's like change for the sake of change in some traits/skills without things that were more impactful/matter). If they are having problems with the current skills and traits I think adding more stuff will become an additional detriment to overall balance.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:Although interesting I don't think it can be inserted anywhere outside of pve where balance is wonky and things get changed every now and then without people given an idea of the directions or reasons why for certain changes that come out of the blue (it's like change for the sake of change in some traits/skills without things that were more impactful/matter). If they are having problems with the current skills and traits I think adding more stuff will become an additional detriment to overall balance.

Yeah i don't think it's an option right now.Rather an option when a roster of lets say 3 e-specs is established and they want to expand on class skills without making new specs.

I think this could provide a good way to expand on the skills later on but first balance needs to be established to a greater extent that's clear and it shouldn't be something that could be implemented right now.

As much I find the idea great, that would realy mess up the fragile balance of the game. The mastery idea however could be used a bit other way: unlocking 1 other professions traitlines and weapons for the character (necroguardian or mesmerranger). OC only the original classes espec couldbe used, but could variate weaponskills with the seconagy profs weapon skill (reaper gs2 to guardian gs2). In traits 2 primary class traitlines and 1 secundary (spite-zeal-reaper). That could make interesting combinations. BUT the idea demands 1 hardline, what my community thought about amy times: ALL traitlines is working like the espec (u have shout and gs with necro if reaper is active, so axe and signet is awailable only if spite is active). more clear builds and opportunity to dual classingplayer could choose its secondary class with a medium lenght storyline permanently like with the orders of tyria arc in personal story