Aurene and Taimi's illness

Tekoneiric.6817

I'm not sure that would work. What she did to Caithe gave them a psychic connection and made some physical changes, but there wasn't anything wrong with Caithe and it didn't cure her of anything.

If she did the same to Taimi it might just mean she's still dying, but with flowers.

If there is something Aurene could do to help I'm sure she would, but it would have to be different to what she did to Caithe and I'm not sure she has that kind of magic.

We will have to see, I was thinking about it myself. Now that she is an elder dragon and has powers of Kralk, Mordy and Zhaitan, there could be something she can do to save Taimi. Or maybe Taimi will be working with Gorrik to put her mind into a golem, like Blish?

I'm worried though that now that Aurene is an elder dragon, they will make her in future seasons into some sort of elusive deity - you know, the "she's out there, guiding us, even though we don't see or hear her" thing, and she will never manifest her self in a physical form to us or any other character. Which means no cure for Taimi even if she could create it. And no interview. I actually want to see her give Taimi that interview she wants so badly. After all the care, right from the very beginning when Aurene was just an egg, watching over her from Rata Novus day after day after day making sure she's okay, making a nest in Sun's Refuge, and all those tears shed when Aurene died... She deserves it, dang it.

Not to mention all the other things we could do with our grown up little dragon, like maybe trying to heal the brand that her grandpa was carelessly leaving behind everywhere, or maybe even figuring out the ghosts of Ascalon... Or taking a trip to mists and asking Glint if she knew Kralk was in pain. Or if she knew that she possibly has a grandmother. Or anything, like smashing our beloved councillor Phlunt's face into Rata Sum's pavement for treating Taimi like trash. That would have been something.But I digress.

@Danikat.8537 said:I'm not sure that would work. What she did to Caithe gave them a psychic connection and made some physical changes, but there wasn't anything wrong with Caithe and it didn't cure her of anything.

If she did the same to Taimi it might just mean she's still dying, but with flowers.

If there is something Aurene could do to help I'm sure she would, but it would have to be different to what she did to Caithe and I'm not sure she has that kind of magic.

My reasoning is that branded creatures are more resilient so a light branding like w/Caithe might be the nudge Taimi's body needs to heal.

Regarding Caithe; since Aurene is nearly a god now does that make Caithe her priestess? It would have been interesting if Aurene had lightly branded the Commander and the player got a new branded commander armor set or outfit out of it.

"Dragon corruption" on the physical side alters the very body itself. With Kralkatorrik's branded, it turned muscle into crystal leaving skin and, based on concept art, bone. Aurene's is no doubt not as changing given Caithe's appearance (we do see a crystalline glow beneath her skin, but not nearly as much as with Kralk's branded).

Since Caithe wasn't ill, and Taimi's disease is a degenerative bone disease, it's hard to tell just how Aurene's "corruption" (for lack of a better term) would play on Taimi. But given that ArenaNet writers have officially stated in the last Guild Chat that they basically just write what they think is cool then think of the ramifications afterwards, it could go either way.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:Regarding Caithe; since Aurene is nearly a god now does that make Caithe her priestess? It would have been interesting if Aurene had lightly branded the Commander and the player got a new branded commander armor set or outfit out of it.

Aurene's not a god, really. Though the Order of the Crystal Bloom do revere her, they do not worship her (for now). Caithe's more a sect leader (and forced into that position).

And seeing how Fashion Wars is the main thing for GW2, they wouldn't be able to get away with branding the Commander. An infusion to mirror such a look, however...

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:And seeing how Fashion Wars is the main thing for GW2, they wouldn't be able to get away with branding the Commander. An infusion to mirror such a look, however...

oh my god yes! I must have that NOW. It would push my cutevari to ultimate prettiness!

Make it 'vari exclusive! Humans already got the 'human female with glasses and scarf' thing and norn their tattooed supermodels. Charr dont need it. Nothing there that can be done. And Asura I like to pretend are all just npc anyway...

Whose soul do I need to tell to whom to get it?

I do hope that eventually we get to see a possible curing for Taimi in the future but I don't know how Aurene can help there since she actually isn't in her materialized for and more of a star now as I could interpret from the ending sequence from the last episode. :(

I don't think Aurene will be the key to Taimi's cure for sure, as many suggest. I'm pretty sure Aurene will sit on the back burner for now, at least for S5 (but hell, could be wrong about that, too).

I doubt that ANet will permanently kill her off after this season. She might come close, but something at the last minute will save her (either being forced to become a golem or a miracle cure out of nowhere). I don't have a lot of faith in the writing team at this point so it's anyone's guess what'll happen there.