I quit until skyscale is easier — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I quit until skyscale is easier

Literally got burnt out after playing an entire day, up to and including the eggs.

Haven't bothered to long on because I don't want to be time hated... will just play wow or apex until my new PC arrives in a month or so, maybe I'll be craving gw2 then?

Can somebody let me know if arena net will remove the time gate in the near future? I saw that the pof mastery is enabled again which is nice... but already I've lost so much exp from that one day of playing all day and not getting any I feel cheated. And I could really use spirit shards too... only have 17 and need to craft full asc wvw gear for one toon... I've also seen them say they will look into some achievement for jormag or something??

That plus I'm waiting to see what the other collections will be like. Have fun going ham at it guys... I've learned my lesson. Will treat this as astralaria version of the mount and take my damnedest sweetest time. Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

PLEASE anet remove the living world season 4 requirement.. do I have to complete all of them to talk to gorrik? Ridiculous! Teletported to friends suns refuge and couldn't talk to him.... more gates... ugh...

Tagged:
<13

Comments

  • Vavume.8065Vavume.8065 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LaFurion.3167 said:
    Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

    That is very unlikely.

  • LaFurion.3167LaFurion.3167 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @LaFurion.3167 said:
    Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

    That is very unlikely.

    Why?? Did they specifically say they would not??

    I feel so cheated having to do all of the lws4.... I hate story.... I prefer wvw or open world chilling you know? Most of my toons don't have any story completed except for required for Griffin and beetle... now I have to do all of las4 before I can even start on 2nd time gate??

  • LaFurion.3167LaFurion.3167 Member ✭✭✭

    @Etria.3642 said:
    Awhile ago a poster ranted and ranted about the Griffon collection, and how he wanted to just pay for it, and essentially, the forum community, by and large, agreed it was a lot of work, but that getting it easier, wasn't about playing the game.

    They say upfront in the mail that LS4 is required; LS4 was given away free not once but twice, and on sale after that. LS4 was begun a LONG time ago. Heck, it has been a good four MONTHS since the last episode. I just don't see why they would remove any of these requirements. In fact, I personally don't WANT them to. When my friends eventually give in to my persuading them to give this game a try, I want to redo the story along with them, so they can experience the story and episodes.

    I realize you don't like the story but it doesn't take that long. While you're waiting to see what else is time-gated, why not enjoy an episode a day?

    I'll try. But it's not just the living world holding me and a lot of others back. Nothing warrants the truly frustrating design and implementation of some or the collections achievements. I'm hearing horror stories. And how people have to race or compete with each other to try and get stuff done.

    Its totally not fun. Cant even go at my own pace!

  • LaFurion.3167LaFurion.3167 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gop.8713 said:
    I can't believe it's been twenty minutes and no one has asked for your stuff yet . . .

    Because I'm not quitting lol I'll just take my sweet time as stated above. Begrudgingly, but still do it. Even if I hate it....

  • preacher.9370preacher.9370 Member ✭✭✭

    eggs can be done in a few hours, its really just going to different spots and talking to npc and pressing f. after that, its talk to npc's for the toys, (i think, already don't remember, maybe some events), kill some stuff for the treats which takes maybe hour or two, after that you just go to suns refuge and throw food at it three times for four days.... nothing super time consuming atm after the egg collections so far.

  • Goettel.4389Goettel.4389 Member ✭✭✭✭

    You don't need stufz now yes? Send?

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LaFurion.3167 said:

    @Gop.8713 said:
    I can't believe it's been twenty minutes and no one has asked for your stuff yet . . .

    Because I'm not quitting lol I'll just take my sweet time as stated above. Begrudgingly, but still do it. Even if I hate it....

    Yeah it was just a joke. That's usually one of the first responses in threads like this . . .

  • Rubedo.8769Rubedo.8769 Member ✭✭

    Can I have all your gold?

  • Gop.8713Gop.8713 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Rubedo.8769 said:
    Can I have all your gold?

    See . . ?

  • PervMonk.4891PervMonk.4891 Member ✭✭

    big surprise, they wont change any thing
    because from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chat
    and you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

  • Rukario.1695Rukario.1695 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    @PervMonk.4891 said:
    big surprise, they wont change any thing
    because from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chat
    and you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

    Anyone that can only play for 2 hours or less a day, or can only play as such a few times a week, is likely not going to have the mount by the 24th. Unfortunately.

    What's truly unfortunate is everyone having to waste days at a time when they could be completing the collection as they wish.

    More violence, less violets I say. I'm rich you know, because I watch the ledges.

  • Nemo.8759Nemo.8759 Member ✭✭

    It 99.99% wont happen, just like druid stone backpack ;)

  • cNd.1096cNd.1096 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    Why people are in such a hurry with Skyscale? Just do it slowly and enjoy your collection, it's not a race, besides - this is completely new mount, which you get for FREE, not just some stupid skin, it shouldn't be easy to unlock. And if you really don't like doing collections like this, then don't do it, this mount is completely optional and you don't have to own it.

  • To be honest I'm with OP on that one. After brilliant HoT and LWS3, I've swallowed empty PoF, having to do 1 thing over and over again to get the stupid bird, that can't fly.. playing Barbie dressing dolls for months, went through complete bunch of nonsense balance patches, absolutely bad LWS4 story (killing Joko, getting dragon pet, having zero idea of Magic and dragons storyline).. to end all in 15min by spamming special skill and find I can't even explore the island as it's locked behind ala "dragon stand" event. But there I was never pushed to spend weeks and weeks in it..

    Sorry for the noise and whine, but I don't tolerate gameplay for whales. My patience is gone, sadly..

    P.S. Anet graphic design, level design, animations - all great as usual. Thank you guys for your hard and beautiful work.

  • LaFurion.3167LaFurion.3167 Member ✭✭✭

    @PervMonk.4891 said:
    big surprise, they wont change any thing
    because from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chat
    and you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

    I have all living world s4 stories though. I own them, i was active while they were active....

    So do I only need to unlock suns refuge so its my instance to talk to Gorrick? Or do i need to do the start of each story part to take me to said maps? Ive tp to friend to all the maps and stuff.... cant talk to him. its really putting me off that living world requirement is gating me from the mount lol

  • Safandula.8723Safandula.8723 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Bye bye . I hope they won't remove time gate. Like kitten ppl, u waited 4 or 5 months, and u can't wait 8 more days? I would be a bit annoyed if there will be even more time gates, but plz...

  • PervMonk.4891PervMonk.4891 Member ✭✭

    @LaFurion.3167 said:

    @PervMonk.4891 said:
    big surprise, they wont change any thing
    because from the leaks the last 2 collections are just fetch quests and most ppl will have their mount before the 24th when they talk about the mount in the guild chat
    and you dont need to do the lw s4 story you just need to own the maps "except for the one needed to unlock sun's refuge" and they gave them for free twice

    I have all living world s4 stories though. I own them, i was active while they were active....

    So do I only need to unlock suns refuge so its my instance to talk to Gorrick? Or do i need to do the start of each story part to take me to said maps? Ive tp to friend to all the maps and stuff.... cant talk to him. its really putting me off that living world requirement is gating me from the mount lol

    you need to do ep4 story to access sun's refuge, when you finish the first collection after the daily reset you will receive a mail from gorrik and he will appear there

  • tekhiun.8653tekhiun.8653 Member ✭✭✭

    They won't change it. I hope this isn't a trend they will keep doing. Low quality time gated content just to give a reward that they hyped for months and even made a live stream about.

  • Kidel.2057Kidel.2057 Member ✭✭✭

    @LaFurion.3167 said:

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @LaFurion.3167 said:
    Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

    That is very unlikely.

    Why?? Did they specifically say they would not??

    I feel so cheated having to do all of the lws4.... I hate story.... I prefer wvw or open world chilling you know? Most of my toons don't have any story completed except for required for Griffin and beetle... now I have to do all of las4 before I can even start on 2nd time gate??

    It would be a bit unfair to us who did this part already. I would not mind, however, a reduction in waiting time for you and new players.

    I also like that the mount is exclusive.

    I don't like that the mount sucks, and can be objectively worse than gliding+Springer.

  • Eloc Freidon.5692Eloc Freidon.5692 Member ✭✭✭✭

    They never make changes to collections after they launch. They intentionally aren't open about such things and hide behind systems that cannot be adjusted, since they don't want accountability.

  • zoomborg.9462zoomborg.9462 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    There is a lot of speculation here about the collection.Yes the timegate is annoying but saying that u have to play 8h a day is simply preposterous. The only part that actually takes some time is the first part of the collection (scales,sick scyscales,eggs). The second part is ez, you revive people, u kill mobs and thats pretty much it, ez and straightforward. The third part is simply feeding your skyscale which takes like 5 seconds each day.

    In conclusion a player who's on for 2h a day instead of 8h will take 2 days longer at most to complete the 3 parts of the collection (due to first collection). I hope the other 2 dont have additional timegate apart from the daily reset....i hope...

    Now as far as utility goes, skyscale with 3rd mastery is simply broken. U can refresh flight energy twice from endurance and half a bar with bond of faith. This automatically means that there is no wall that the skyscale cant climb. It's not meant to fly from point A to point B, that's the griffons job. The skyscale will basically compete with the springer (explains why anet buffed it). How good it will be remains to be seen after we max masteries. If people remember griffon without masteries was simply garbage and it became probably the best mount after we maxed the masteries.

  • Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It's already extremely easy. But if you aren't interested in putting time into it then I guess that works too.

    Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Just follow a guide, it does not take that long. Even the biggest collection so far of x50 items took me around 2 hours.

  • Yamazuki.6073Yamazuki.6073 Member ✭✭✭

    @Sila.6748 said:
    Honestly, I recommend seeing for yourself the collection and not reading what other peopl have to say about it. If you break it down into steps it REALLY is not hard at all.
    Flying around the map to each item three different times? That's nothing.
    Visiting a bunch of different maps and doing different things on there like, gasp, participating in an event or drowning yourself in quicksand? Not hard.
    Killing a few monsters to get drops to feed the hatchling? Still not hard.

    Literally, nothing about this quest line so far is hard. Time-consuming, yes, but not hard. And time is only a barrier if you let it be. If you want to get the mount RIGHT AWAY then sure, rush to do all of the content as soon as possible and whine about the time gates not letting you get the mount right then and there. But if you don't care, then just do it at your own pace. I took 4 days to do what other people did in two days. And I enjoyed myself a hell of a lot more, did other achievements alongside it, meta events, map completion, etc.

    Take a step back, breathe, and remember it's just a game. Don't go insulting other people who DO have time to play just because you don't. (Not everyone who has time to play is some "sweaty basement dweller" - many of us have jobs, careers, lives outside of the game. We just know how to make good use of our time.)

    Most people who complained aren't even complaining about the difficulty of the collection, not even the op talked about difficulty. It doesn't matter if something is easy, or not, I'm sure most people would've preferred a more difficult collection if it was less dull.

  • ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭

    Timegate aside, I haven't actually had any issues with Skyscale.

    And I'm not even trying to get it. It's just something I pass along the way whenever I get certain stuff for it.

  • Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

    This equals to say that you'll quit forever, byebye.

  • AlexxxDelta.1806AlexxxDelta.1806 Member ✭✭✭

    I see quite a few posters being 100% sure they won't change anything about the skyscale collections because people have already progressed in it and it would be unfair. I remember a pretty similar situation back in HoT launch. Many players had done their mastery grind to be able to progress in the maps and yet Anet changed the requirements. If they think something needs to be changed, they will do so despite it being perceived as unfair.

  • ChronoPinoyX.7923ChronoPinoyX.7923 Member ✭✭✭

    @AlexxxDelta.1806 said:
    I see quite a few posters being 100% sure they won't change anything about the skyscale collections because people have already progressed in it and it would be unfair. I remember a pretty similar situation back in HoT launch. Many players had done their mastery grind to be able to progress in the maps and yet Anet changed the requirements. If they think something needs to be changed, they will do so despite it being perceived as unfair.

    As far as I know Stephane already said it's being discussed with developers what to do with Skyscale anyway

    @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Hi everyone,

    I wanted to provide a brief update after talking to various developers. We’re aware of the concerns expressed in this thread. The team is currently regrouping and we’re aiming to communicate more about this topic as soon as we possibly can.

  • misterman.1530misterman.1530 Member ✭✭✭

    @Vavume.8065 said:

    @LaFurion.3167 said:

    Why?? Did they specifically say they would not??

    Because as far as I am aware I don't think they have ever nerfed a collection, and besides I don't feel it needs nerfing, the reward justifies the difficulty.

    You know that "Difficulty" <> "Time-gated grind", right? I mean, "difficulty" would be complex mission quests, perhaps with a jumping puzzle or some other logic puzzle. But time-gating something doesn't make it "difficult" it makes it tedious.

  • Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LaFurion.3167 said:

    @Etria.3642 said:
    Awhile ago a poster ranted and ranted about the Griffon collection, and how he wanted to just pay for it, and essentially, the forum community, by and large, agreed it was a lot of work, but that getting it easier, wasn't about playing the game.

    They say upfront in the mail that LS4 is required; LS4 was given away free not once but twice, and on sale after that. LS4 was begun a LONG time ago. Heck, it has been a good four MONTHS since the last episode. I just don't see why they would remove any of these requirements. In fact, I personally don't WANT them to. When my friends eventually give in to my persuading them to give this game a try, I want to redo the story along with them, so they can experience the story and episodes.

    I realize you don't like the story but it doesn't take that long. While you're waiting to see what else is time-gated, why not enjoy an episode a day?

    I'll try. But it's not just the living world holding me and a lot of others back. Nothing warrants the truly frustrating design and implementation of some or the collections achievements. I'm hearing horror stories. And how people have to race or compete with each other to try and get stuff done.

    Its totally not fun. Cant even go at my own pace!

    Totally not true..

    This just sounds like some really poorly written troll post .. ANET please close the thread before it gets really messy

    Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

  • Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I mean, I get that some people are frustrated by the time gate, but time gates don't make it hard.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    funny OP .

    Why the rush? it will most likely be months before the next content with in the game (if any at all) that will take advantage or needed with this new mount.

  • rogermkiihl.1967rogermkiihl.1967 Member ✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    This week I finally finished my first legendary, the Sunrise. Crafted from precursor to every single gift.

    It was months (two or three, not sure) full of time gates, flying around the map, reading wiki and tips, checking prices, farming and cursing jumping puzzles designers.

    It was a journey, something I will always remember when I look to that shiny long sword. I hope ANet keep the journey about the new mount the way it is.

    At some moment I will do it and I will probably curse it too. But that's de price and it is my option to pay or not.

  • bOTEB.1573bOTEB.1573 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @LaFurion.3167 said:
    Literally got burnt out after playing an entire day, up to and including the eggs.

    Haven't bothered to long on because I don't want to be time hated... will just play wow or apex until my new PC arrives in a month or so, maybe I'll be craving gw2 then?

    Can somebody let me know if arena net will remove the time gate in the near future? I saw that the pof mastery is enabled again which is nice... but already I've lost so much exp from that one day of playing all day and not getting any I feel cheated. And I could really use spirit shards too... only have 17 and need to craft full asc wvw gear for one toon... I've also seen them say they will look into some achievement for jormag or something??

    That plus I'm waiting to see what the other collections will be like. Have fun going ham at it guys... I've learned my lesson. Will treat this as astralaria version of the mount and take my damnedest sweetest time. Hopefully they make it easier in the next month or so.

    PLEASE anet remove the living world season 4 requirement.. do I have to complete all of them to talk to gorrik? Ridiculous! Teletported to friends suns refuge and couldn't talk to him.... more gates... ugh...

    I hope they add some more collections like this one, even harder.

    Wishlist:
    Everything that kills me should be nerfed
    Remove all time gates - I play more than some people yet I receive the same rewards per day/week (PvP/WvW tickets etc)
    ANET developments/events and everything else should be in a schedule with the time I play

  • MrRuin.9740MrRuin.9740 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    Edit - posted in the Skyscale thread instead and I don't see how to delete a post.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭

    Ehm, if I can do it, everyone can do it. Super casual here.

  • gateless gate.8406gateless gate.8406 Member ✭✭✭

    Why would you play an entire day for a subpar mount that's gated behind a bunch of annoying collections? Serious question, I don't really understand the motivation.

    I will get it eventually, but I'm definitely not rushing it. I doubt I will really use the mount at all. Maybe to afk without getting aggro?

  • LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Now thats just hyperbole. The events served so far takes 2-3 hours of the biggest one. No full day ones.

  • Kylden Ar.3724Kylden Ar.3724 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2019

    @ChronoPinoyX.7923 said:

    @AlexxxDelta.1806 said:
    I see quite a few posters being 100% sure they won't change anything about the skyscale collections because people have already progressed in it and it would be unfair. I remember a pretty similar situation back in HoT launch. Many players had done their mastery grind to be able to progress in the maps and yet Anet changed the requirements. If they think something needs to be changed, they will do so despite it being perceived as unfair.

    As far as I know Stephane already said it's being discussed with developers what to do with Skyscale anyway

    @Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:
    Hi everyone,

    I wanted to provide a brief update after talking to various developers. We’re aware of the concerns expressed in this thread. The team is currently regrouping and we’re aiming to communicate more about this topic as soon as we possibly can.

    I think if you got the base Skyscale (and maybe 1st Mastery track if needed to make the code work) unlocked as part of the story, and the higher mastery tracks were locked behind the collection, that could do a lot to appease the general anger. Then at least you could use it elsewhere while working on the collection.

    Lore wise it would make sense, you already befriended one in the course of the story. Raising and taking care of the sick ones and babies shows you care and then deepens the bond to your new mount.

    Also, a great many of their 'whales' are also really casual players, with low AP but a steady income and credit cards. ANet really wants those players to have a useable Skyscale before they release the (we all know it's) inevitable Aurene skin for the Skyscale.

    How many times we gotta tell you GRIND IS NOT CONTENT there ANet?

    Leader of Tyrian Adventure Corp [TACO], [RaW][TACO] Alliance, Kaineng.

  • Shiyo.3578Shiyo.3578 Member ✭✭✭

    I quit mega man until it got made easier.
    However, that never happened..............

  • Kalocin.5982Kalocin.5982 Member ✭✭✭

    For people saying stuff about putting effort into it, there are a ton of people who only play on the weekends due to work and family. They probably put a ton of effort into the game, maybe even play all weekend. Those folks are punished for no real reason. Don't say some shenanigans like if I can do it they can too because everyone's lives are different.

    For my own self, I definitely don't have the time to play every day. I'm not even going to bother with this mount as well, I have no desire to feel stressed out because I need to get a list done every day. That stuff leads to burn out, same stuff happened to people playing WoW which is why it had a large dip in subs recently.

  • coso.9173coso.9173 Member ✭✭✭

    People who complain about the collection because they just feed the scale and log out. If you had the scale by now, you'd do nothing then.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.