[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

@"IDontKerr.9318" said:In the Hero Panel, under "Build" and "Weapon Skills," all available weapons to your class should show the full chain of attacks in the tool tip. For example: A Guardian's Greatsword skill 1 chain is: Strike --> Vengeful Strike --> Wrathful Strike. However, in the hero panel under the aforementioned windows, only the first attack is shown (Strike).

This would be useful when reviewing your build to see if a particular weapon type would work with it or not before you actually bought the weapon. I understand there is a wiki, etc. that can show this information, but having it in-game would be convenient - especially for those who may be using one monitor.

To add on that, other stuff is missing from there too. You cant see the skills within other skills.

WvW commander tags are too low (over head position) too hard to see, lost in the mess all the time and as well on mini map i should always be on top, please raise the Tag up into the air like 6 more inches. Its almost useless being in the mess of bodies and that the blue dots on mini map also cover it.

1) remove confirmation window when applying glyph to tool. When swapping a glyph from shared slot, the replaced glyph goes to that original shared slot2) set lfg window to remember last checked section - this can be limited to within map/login session3) set toggle in preview window (and char creation page) to show actual look and color based on current map's settings. The preview window is really different from in-game4) remove the locking of hot adventures5) make the spawn of leg champs in SW fixed - eg X min after hitting the final tier of security but not conflicting with other event timings. If you wish, tie their individual spawns to the def level of the specific outposts6) place launch pads in vb that can only be used during night defense, for quick travel within each camp's 4 defense points. Similar design with teq. Single reward so ppl dun tag and run7) in the auto-attack, give the toggle option to make the stage more obvious as we cycle through, either 123 or color coded. The final attack is always strongest, but some old ppl like me might have trouble distinguishing it. Especially in a messy fight where you cant even see your animations, your sprite or your cursor.8) please, toggle option to make cursor very obvious without needing an add-on9) option to adjust transparency of other players and graphics in big fights, so you can see what the boss is doing10) use X trans charges to change a skin to free-to-apply from wardrobe11) vastly speed up the refining speed of basic mats that require mass-refining12) increase stack size of common junk mats13) view inventory in char selection page14) create additional skin slots per item slot, that work similarly to outfits, that still require trans charges to apply, but is applied to char rather than to item, to switch back and forth at will. Can cost more to change, like 2-3 per slot. First column of skin slots is free, more can be purchased. Or something.15) allow holo Smith in holo mode to pick up bundles. I know that this is to prevent holos from abusing bundles to turn off their holo mode (and get the buff for exit). Picking up the bundle will not cause holo to exit mode. There's only 1 bundle that Im thinking of actually, the fragment in solid ocean. Any fix that targets that is fine. For eg, into a special action key. It is sad to enter holo mode, get targeted, and having to dodge jade maw's attack and waste the chance to charge the fragment. Or get downed if you mistime your dodge. Plus teammates might get annoyed16)

Either remove all time gates from the game, or move them to a once per character. It is extremely frustrating as a person that has OCD and only wants to work on one thing at a time that whenever a time gate comes up, I am not allowed to work on it anymore. Everytime there is a time gate that I encounter, I ultimately just end up doing whatever dailies I feel like doing, which gets diminished from said demoralizing time gate, and then get off GW2 until the next step can be taken on the next day.

Beyond common status of revenant being turned into worthlessness.. Maybe it would be nice if you could make all of the skills like other specs... That they cant be used unless have a target. The targetable/out of range ones that fail and get used when we are 1 range out of range and it just wastes energy especially in pvp. Its one of the only specs that actually spends and wastes skills over no target or out of range and really, Rev is so terrible lately that any thing wasted just makes it an easy target. The people who actually are working on rev should also play one for at least a year and notice how much it has been wrecked over the last two years to almost uselessness unless you have a healer right there, or another person with you that can revive you or stun an enemy. Etc Etc... Spend some real time on revenant and not just guess work, Its just so bad. We really can only face a ranger or warrior, the rest of the players if they are good eat a rev like its a wurm vs eagle. Pathetic, im sorry, im not trying to be mean but wow, who the heck is doing all this work that only leads rev into worse and worse. The armor is too low, then you take more DPS away? The fails on Rev are just too many to list.. .Please, actually play the thing awhile before you make another change as the last almost 2 years you made rev from viable to terribly easy to kill and almost useless with out a partner all of the time, at all times and never ever be alone unless its a ranger/warrior. Even ele bunkers and Firebrands can kill a rev solo, OMG, lol, fail fail fail.

Remove the crafting cap for items like Charged Quartz Crystals, leave ascended materials as is.

Fix time-gate things in collections like skyscale

Let us close the queue window that pops up in PvP while we are in the FFA Arena (annoying when I die because I can't close a bloody window)[some of us have tournaments]

LET US DYE ZODIAC ARMOR SKIN SECTIONS FOR FUDGE SAKE! - PLEASE, IF ANYONE SEES THIS ONE, QUOTE ME AND THUMBS UP!

Meeting Orders on TP:When meeting orders, there is a chance the order has already been met (as listings don't live refresh). Instead of automatically listing your items for the order price you were intending to meet, rather bring up a message saying the person's order has been met/no longer available, or waiver the listing fee. The unintended listing fee can hurt.

Howdy...I'd like to request that corresponding materials storage slots be created for existing crafting mats currently in game and in future, are included with new crafting materials as they are added into the game.

Crafting materials I have currently without a materials storage spot:Wintersday GiftsMug of EggnogAscalonian Royal IrisesShining Jade Orchid PetalsKodas Blossom PetalsKrytan Spiderwort BloomsLumber Cores

I created a thread (before I realised this one was here) so if anyone has any more mats, let me know and I'll add them to the list. To keep from spamming this thread, PM me.

Banking guilds taking over the trade post. They post huge buy orders so they can move people towards buying the regular priced items. Its a risk but they have moved onto almost all of the crafting materials. Its getting old... Limit buy orders on crafting items to like 5000 at a time? (meaning, they cant post 18 buy orders for 5000 as well).

They have buy orders for 300,000 and more, forcing people to pay what prices they want, or having to wait till the 300k is filled.

You all know this guild, ive talked to them before and this is how i learned it from them. This is just wrong to a degree. Sure, buy and sell is fine yet they are abusing this and also are locking down on the legendary market as well. This has been going on years, but in that time they have slowly locked everyone out. This has gone to far and I am sure you know exactly who it is. It is also well know these people are also selling gold online which is against the eula. There is no reason to do this much farming and manipulation unless you plan to sell the gold online for $$$..

Then also.... people cant remove items from the TP with out taking a loss... Some items should vary on how much loss you get...I always thought this was wrong, a listing fee.... Sure it helps on some things but when you loose 15 gold to remove an item due to price change that drops fast, its just not right for someone to loose so much when re-posting an item that is a high end item.

Time to put more fairness back into the trade post.

Add a hard/expert and extreme mode to old dungeons. new bosses, different mechanics- anti stacking.new but similar themed gear to each individual dungeon. special vendors offer specific rewards for completing these modes on higher difficulties.Tier 4 cultural armor.New Hairstyles for all races.

A way to spend our extra WvW points after everything is maxed.

[suggestion] Outfits + separate helmet

I get that it is difficult to turn outfits into armor (because of the separate pieces required).

But since their head pieces are already toggleable, how about offering us means to use different head armor instead? (For instance, I love the Timekeeper's outfit but have a helmet I would rather use with it.)

Okay a few more:

1. I want underwater mounts, perhaps a dolphin? Something to speed up and maybe have improved maneuverability underwater. (Think Abzu and how cool that water travel works)
  2. Warclaw (Battle Cat!) in PVE, would be nice if it had SOMEthing that made it special. A mastery track to something extra like maybe a double damage attack even.
  3. A big Chicken mount that has the special ability of letting you mount up even when targeted so you have the right to run away from battles/mobs you know you can't solo. The right to run would be awesome. Even if it is the slowest suckiest mount ever it would just be nice to have the option.
  4. What is up with that whole "something I can't even see, isn't firing upon me, but has me targeted so now I can't mount up for 10 minutes" BS?
  5. Shiverpeaks Guild Hall! ;)

Let us swap harvesting tools even if in combat. While I can understand the swapping equipment in combat could cause issues (different stat, sigil recharge, etc), harvesting tools do not affect the characters combat ability in any real way.Very annoying to not be able to swap tools because my pet or minion has aggrod something, or there is some other reason the game thinks I'm in combat.

I think it would be a great idea if they added a character tag, kind of like the commander tag but for roleplayers. One that could show where people who are in character are, and perhaps even when wearing the roleplay tag you are more likely to be put in a server with other people who are using the tag. Thus making roleplay more common and possible once again.

Got a big one for those of us ON Win7 and later - update the darn client to enable UAC Virtualization - Might improve performance a lot due to allowing the OS to handle the threading as it should.

Another is Optimize Divinity's Reach and Lion's Arch Maps - Only two I see CPU hitting 90 percent loading and FPS drops to 30 when nothing happening (quiet area's).

Remove the quantity-lock from salvage kits and gathering tools and allow us to stack & split them as we want.

Currently we have the following quantities of charges:

Harvesting Tools

a.) Copper/Iron/Steel/Darksteel/Mithril/OrichalcumHarvesting Sickle = 50Logging Axe = 100Mining Pick = 100

b.) Leatherworker's/Tailor's/Scavenger's/Watchknight's/Prospector's/Forester's/Herbalist's/Flying/Industrious/Bounty/Reaper'sHarvesting Sickle = 25Logging Axe = 50Mining Pick = 50

c.) AdvancedHarvesting Sickle = 125Logging Axe = 250Mining Pick = 250

d.) Volatile/UnboundHarvesting Sickle = 25Logging Axe = 50Mining Pick = 50

Salvage Kits

a.) General MarketCrude = 15Basic = 25Fine = 25Journeyman's = 25Master's = 25

b.) FractalAscended Tool = 1Ascended Kit = 5Ascended Kit = 10

c.) OtherBlack Lion Salvage Kit = 25Mystic Salvage kit = 250

The idea is to unlock the quantity-restriction of all of these and allow us to stack and split them as we like - same behavior as with any other stack-able item.

To save storage room in the bank and character-inventories. I totally understand the selling point of unlimited gathering tools and Gylphs. I do not want to ruin that. If you do not want to give us the option for free, add Mystic Forge recipes that allow us to fuse stacks. Use the Mystic Forge Stones. Limit the maximum stack value to 250 if you like. Would be still useful, especially for e. g. Black Lion Salvage kits: 10 to 1.

@"fizzypetal.7936" said:QoL for Soulbeast - in Soulbeast mode: Soulbeast is dropped and pets swapped to the one in the top pet slot with map changes. If it isn't possible to keep Soulbeast form with map changes, can the pet swapping be stopped?

I agree something needs to be done with soulbeast because the class mechanic can feel really clunky at times.However to add on to what's been said here I'd recommend that Beastmode should be "locked-in" even after the soulbeast goes into down state.At present even using a singularity pulls a soulbeast out of beastmode in fractals which leads to significant DPS drops and rotations get messed up.On top of this, instead of coming out of beastmode, swapping pets and then going back into beastmode after a 10s CD, pet swapping should be made available in beastmode to give a new dynamic to the class so I can swap directly from 1 beastmode to another.

Doing this could also make other pets more viable instead of the standard gazelle build in PvE whilst also making the class mechanics more engaging for players.

Some fractal instabilities need to be reworked.The idea of instabilities is to provide a "challenge" for players but some of them are more annoying than anything.As such I suggest the following changes:

Flux Bomb - Should be changed to a Sabetha style bomb mechanic where someone can stop the bomb from exploding by interacting with it. Flux bomb right now has to rank up there with the worst instabilities because they mess up rotations at important times during a fight. A Sabetha style mechanic would allow for players to designate someone to be the "bomb guy" and would remove randomness which generally messes with the gameplay.

Social Awkwardness - Why is this even a thing? It's just beyond idiotic how someone can be pushed away from a boss by someone else who needs to use a movement skill on the boss. This inevitably leads to skills missing their mark. If it's meant as a gag it really isn't funny at all. It's just annoying. Everyone hated it before the change and still hate it after the change.

No Pain No Gain - This is used to encourage boonstripping in certain comps but is there really any point at all? Most groups outside elite ones cannot boonstrip fast enough or at all which just leads to pointlessly dragged out fights. To encourage better play, the boons should be removed and the boss should be given a stacking offensive buff which goes on 20s CD after it is stripped. This gives better groups the option of whether to boonstrip or not as most elite groups are strong enough to avoid mechanics, whilst emphasizing the need for it in weaker groups. As it is it doesn't add any challenge to the game. Better groups just change builds while weaker groups get longer fights.

Outflanked - The damage taken on certain fights is just way too high especially when paired with something like sugar rush, frailty or boon overload. Should either be removed or a "protective barrier" skill should be provided to players with similar mechanics to the thaumanova anomaly fight. This encourages better teamplay and coordination. Not just players constantly getting 1 shot if they're surrounded by mobs. Either that or outflanked damage should be negated when a retaliation/protection buff is active or something of that ilk.

Last Laugh - How can anyone realistically be expected to stun a group of mobs before they are killed during a battle? Another annoying mechanic that is just there to stop rotations rather than provide any engaging gameplay. This should be changed to "mobs spawn lesser versions of themselves upon death with 20% of their original HP, lesser mobs explode if they are not killed within 5 secs" or something similar. This encourages more aoe presence in certain fights.

Suggestions for new instabilities:

Confined - Similar to the thaumanova anomaly mechanic where each player takes turns to activate this mechanic. Whilst standing in the AoE players receive 20% damage buff but if standing outside the AoE or if AoE is not active, players have damage reduced by 20%. A 240 radius AoE would be reasonable for such a mechanic. Timer should also be included for AoE duration.

Strength in Unity - Players have to stand in an AoE similar to the Arkk Green Circle mechanic. When the circle expires, player's collectively release an attack at the boss that deals damage and provides a damage buff for 5s (20s cooldown). 1% damage increase per player in the circle. Players who are not in the circle take 30% damage from initial impact and 10% increased damage for 5s.