For WvW, can the new berserker be played in both a zerg and roaming (1vX)?

Joshewwah.2956

Depends what you mean by versatile.It could rekt faces due to the absurd amount of damage, but is vulnerable to classes and specs that could keep distance from him. Its one of those classes that you ohshiiirun half a time and the other half you could fight him.

For roaming Berserker's good at killing noobs, but against good players they are not very viable for roaming just as they aren't viable in higher ranked sPvP. It is however a pretty good +1 because you often can catch people offguard.

For zerging, berserkers do not replace any of the existing meta classes. However some commanders will let you play the zerker, but they often limit the #'s of them to like 1 or 2. The melee cleave damage on the berserker is insane, it beats scourge and herald quite often in dps chart, and challenges weavers who top the dps in WvW engagements. Berserker only works with push comps and drivers that are willing to go in for melee hits. It becomes completely useless if you're following a pirateship driver. So keep that in mind.

@gavyne.6847 said:For roaming Berserker's good at killing noobs, but against good players they are not very viable for roaming just as they aren't viable in higher ranked sPvP. It is however a pretty good +1 because you often can catch people offguard.

For zerging, berserkers do not replace any of the existing meta classes. However some commanders will let you play the zerker, but they often limit the #'s of them to like 1 or 2. The melee cleave damage on the berserker is insane, it beats scourge and herald quite often in dps chart, and challenges weavers who top the dps in WvW engagements. Berserker only works with push comps and drivers that are willing to go in for melee hits. It becomes completely useless if you're following a pirateship driver. So keep that in mind.

If Berserker's are only good for killing noobs, then there are a suspiciously high amount of noobs in WvW...

Other than that you are right in the zerg dynamic. It is a fantastic melee pusher, if your zerg is expecting it.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@SkyFurY.6057 said:-25% dmg... its not worth to use it anymore.

5k less damage on a 20k burst only seems reasonable.Oh wow,now we actually have to switch weapons while bursting instead of hanging on gs only..The horror !!!!

5k less damage on a 20k burst only seems reasonable.Oh wow,now we actually have to switch weapons while bursting instead of hanging on gs only..The horror !!!!

have to rely heavily on fast hand again like every single war spec out here, definitely the horror

@Lighter.5631 said:

have to rely heavily on fast hand again like every single war spec out here, definitely the horror

Yeah terrible,completely broken !!!! Having to switch weapons now ?! What do they think i am,some piano player ?

@Caedmon.6798 said:

Yeah terrible,completely broken !!!! Having to switch weapons now ?! What do they think i am,some piano player ?

such an immature and illogical response with full of bias.warrior has relied on fast hand since it existed, it was never competitive without it and thanks to this, war's play style has always being the same.for the first time, war is actually good without fast hand and has a new playstyle and can actually compete going in plat 3 soloq.

yet you talk like warrior has not been playing with fast hand for years already and already has tons of spec that fills your need of switching weapon.farther more, berserker did not even make it to meta, meta still requires you to swap.two point above completely destroy your badly though-after sarcasm

additional :if you talking about wvw berserker build, yes, yes it has fast hand and requires weapon swap for maximum damage output

@Lighter.5631 said:

such an immature and illogical response with full of bias.warrior has relied on fast hand since it existed, it was never competitive without it and thanks to this, war's play style has always being the same.for the first time, war is actually good without fast hand and has a new playstyle and can actually compete going in plat 3 soloq.

yet you talk like warrior has not been playing with fast hand for years already and already has tons of spec that fills your need of switching weapon.farther more, berserker did not even make it to meta, meta still requires you to swap.two point above completely destroy your badly though-after sarcasm

additional :if you talking about wvw berserker build, yes, yes it has fast hand and requires weapon swap for maximum damage output

It was sarcasm dude. I was already switching weaps... The ones complaining about this nerf prob want to oneshot people only while just hanging on gs , and now they just do 5k less damage on a 20k hit and maybe have to switch weaps for double bursting instead of hanging on gs.I dont know what youre trying to explain to me for making a simple sarcastic joke but whatever. Besides i made a reply on someone saying its not worth using anymore after the 25% dmg los,if youve read carefully you could have seen my sarcastic joke was meant that its definetely not the case and berserk is still doing fine.

Its also completely new to me that warrior has been relying on fast hands since launch...Wow what an eye opener !

@Caedmon.6798 said:

It was sarcasm dude. I was already switching weaps... The ones complaining about this nerf prob want to oneshot people only while just hanging on gs , and now they just do 5k less damage on a 20k hit and maybe have to switch weaps for double bursting instead of hanging on gs.I dont know what youre trying to explain to me for making a simple sarcastic joke but whatever. Besides i made a reply on someone saying its not worth using anymore after the 25% dmg los,if youve read carefully you could have seen my sarcastic joke was meant that its definetely not the case and berserk is still doing fine.

Its also completely new to me that warrior has been relying on fast hands since launch...Wow what an eye opener !

No need to switch weapons. Use WWA afterwards.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@gavyne.6847 said:For roaming Berserker's good at killing noobs, but against good players they are not very viable for roaming just as they aren't viable in higher ranked sPvP. It is however a pretty good +1 because you often can catch people offguard.

If Berserker's are only good for killing noobs, then there are a suspiciously high amount of noobs in WvW...

Other than that you are right in the zerg dynamic. It is a fantastic melee pusher, if your zerg is expecting it.

Ofc you will cleave down noobs/veterans with your full yolo berserker in a zergfight. Because the enemy wont see everything coming their way and its too easy to hit ppl.

This other guy was talking about smallscale Scenarios where you stomp noobs with it and get played with against ppl who know their class and how berserker works.

Its just a silly thing to say, 25% nerf and its "Omg class broken, completely uselesss !!!". Its just a load of bull,you can get the damage back in several ways anyways. Besides doing 25% less on a 20 or 30k burst..Come onnn.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Ofc you will cleave down noobs/veterans with your full yolo berserker in a zergfight. Because the enemy wont see everything coming their way and its too easy to hit ppl.

This other guy was talking about smallscale Scenarios where you stomp noobs with it and get played with against ppl who know their class and how berserker works.

I don't zerg much in WvW though. I mostly roam, and if Berserk is (was?) only good for stomping noobs, then I have encountered a suspiciously large amount of noobs these past few weeks.> @Caedmon.6798 said:

Its just a silly thing to say, 25% nerf and its "Omg class broken, completely uselesss !!!". Its just a load of bull,you can get the damage back in several ways anyways. Besides doing 25% less on a 20 or 30k burst..Come onnn.

Not sure if you are replying to me or meant for somebody else, but I agree with you that the burst is still high and can still be built to instadown other players.

I don't zerg much in WvW though. I mostly roam, and if Berserk is (was?) only good for stomping noobs, then I have encountered a suspiciously large amount of noobs these past few weeks.> @Caedmon.6798 said:

Not sure if you are replying to me or meant for somebody else, but I agree with you that the burst is still high and can still be built to instadown other players.

Yeah was meant to add it in my previous post actually but oh well.

I'm with Caedmon, this warrior community needs to honestly suck it up. -25% damage is not a big deal considering how hard it hits. It's still going to be faceroll at the expense of everything else, the spec is clearly carried by GS. Berserker has way more problems than just Arc Divider:

1. No adrenaline gain - I immediately understood why Headbutt is taken so often...that's a problem....Berserker as a theme even fails because the whole point of the berserker transformation in lore and fantasy is to be in an ADRENALINE RUSH

2. Toughness penalty- Yeah 300 isn't much but, come on! Berserker was squishy BEFORE the rework

3. NO f1- Considering the lack of adrenaline and the need to proc burst skills for defense line this is - bad, bad, BAD!

Honestly, I don't have much sympathy for us. I mean, some of us ASKED for this rework. This whole new "play style" did jack for us in the long run. What I find is that this entire rework didn't even need to happen! I and many others knew Berserker lacked damage. All you really needed was to buff it! You didn't need to gut everything else!