[merged] About the Skyscale Timegate...

Question guys, if Anet was to rework this to eliminate these terrible time gates.. after the first wave of players went through it..

Would you (being one of those first wavers) be upset knowing that you went through with this and suddenly everyone else doesn't have to?

Or would you be happy no one else has to go through this discouraging nonsense, like your friends/family guildies or anyone that comes along and questions how difficult it is because they wanted to give it a try.

@Gambino.2109 said:Question guys, if Anet was to rework this to eliminate these terrible time gates.. after the first wave of players went through it..

Would you (being one of those first wavers) be upset knowing that you went through with this and suddenly everyone else doesn't have to?

Or would you be happy no one else has to go through this discouraging nonsense, like your friends/family guildies or anyone that comes along and questions how difficult it is because they wanted to give it a try.

I wouldnt be happy. I spent all that time and others can get it easy?

The fact that this has dragged on to 28 pages and ANet has not done a single thing, says a lot.

May be people need to stop logging in all together. let the revenue drop.

I am probably going to focus on other games at this point.

@Teratus.2859 said:

I'm enjoying the quest but not the gates..

Having spent time since Tuesday on the whole Skyscale thing, I agree. I like the scavenger hunts (although going to the same places three times was silly) and the collections, but the timegates are a bummer. I rush to make sure I won't miss the reset, then if I'm done early, I can't progress. Of course I can do other things, and that's what I'm doing in-game, but I feel resigned, not happy.

Wish we had gotten a Skyscale of our own after the first couple of paths, maybe one that we could only use in Dragonfall but which we could start working on its masteries.

@Gambino.2109 said:Question guys, if Anet was to rework this to eliminate these terrible time gates.. after the first wave of players went through it..

I’ll be upset that I went through it, but at least it would indicate that this may not happen again in future releases. I do hope they improve the functionality of the mount either way though. That would certainly ease some of the annoyance of it all. And honestly, given this collection, I really don’t see why they couldn’t use this as a way to incorporate and in game obtainable skin for once. Even if it’s just minimally different with more due channels and something as subtle as different horns or an due changeable aura from the 20 different Magic’s we exposed the hatchling to. Maybe even a way to imbue it with some of Aurene’s magic as her parting gift. You’d think she would want to in some way given how much they helped her out during the story!

Also, it would be a good change for my Guildies. A few of them still have not touched or finished the other mount collections. It’s a good activity that they can do together or that we can help with, but if they’re all locked out of certain stages of the collection due to the timegates, then other guildmates that can’t play in the same day wouldn’t be able to.

@"Gambino.2109" said:Question guys, if Anet was to rework this to eliminate these terrible time gates.. after the first wave of players went through it..

I'd be happy, honestly. It's not like this mount warrants the amount of timegating that it has given it's known capabilities. Besides, I'd always get to play Old Gramps "back in my day, we went through two weeks of timegates for the skyscale, stop whining!" :P I wouldn't want anyone else to be faced with this wall when thinking of maybe getting a mediocre but situationally fun mount.

For me personally the final chapter was beautifully done, lots of fun and a great ending. As for the skyscale..i found out about griffon when it came out and HAD to have one. While the collections were not all that bad, it did take me some time to accrue the gold (selling mats mostly) but i was determined and when i want something i will do the thing. I have absolutely no issues putting in the work required for something like that. But this skyscale quest seems immensely more difficult than it has to be, as well as repetitive and boring on the first three collections especially. Time gating this mount was a terrible idea. Was it intended as an optional only mount or was it supposed to be tied into the story like the others (except griffon) Being able to use one during the final chapter left me with the feeling it was tied to story but now it feels like an optional grind, which left me somewhat confused.

The worst is the timing of the timegates for me personally. You patch on tuesdays (normal workday for me ... so I have a few hours in the evening), needless to say I didn't finish before reset (that's in the middle of the night and at this point my mindset was ... ok you can finish it later so you have it on the weekend to lvl mastery and enjoy it)Then I read about the timegate stuff and I managed to rush so I stayed in the timeframe from then on (you know burning myself out ingame while not having much fun because it becomes a chore very fast, sleeping less and so on) .So now we all know what happened on Friday for me ... did the collection and now I can't do anything to progress THE WHOLE WEEKEND, where I have the most time for gaming (besides 3 klicks per day).My guess is... tuesday I'm back to burning myself out with a big collection I have to rush so I can maybe enjoy it the weekend after.Dear ANet, are you trying to kitten off your working customers on purpose? OFC the nonworkers are restricted exactly the same... only they are not rushed during the week aswell, because for them everyday is the same.Hint: kittening off the group that is most likely to pay real money on not only one but two fronts is NOT a good idea

I sure hope I will never encounter this kind of "stuff" in this game ever again, this was never what gw2 was about... the opposite was true and if this is always gonna be the new way, its no more better than the other MMORPG.

I would be happy that no one would have to go through it but that’s not all.

I’d be happy that A-net listened to feed back and that we can instill tangible change (when reasonable, neither side should hold the other hostage) for the sake of improving the company-costumer relations and the quality of the product. At the end of the day GW2 is a business and when we do good business everyone wins.

I’d be happy to see this type of design fail and would either no longer be implemented, or if it was it would (hopefully) exist only to a reasonable degree, or is reasonably skipable; and doesn’t deter player agency allowing people to progress on their own terms.

I’d be happy the game I invested in all these years wasn’t changing to adopt a business model, practices, and standards similar to mobile games.(time-gating)

I feel it would be pointlessly selfish to be upset at the change, regardless of if you were forced to wait as a first or second waver, prior to any change no one could have completed it any earlier than the date time-gates were removed.

Anyone who abstained from the quest waited just as long.

Anyone new catching up on the content will have a slightly different experience but would still have to put the same level of effort into the collections.I find neither of the two egregious, or anything to be envious of.

The only thing I would be unhappy about is how long it would have taken. But I don’t presume to understand any difficulties that could arise with programming.

@"Daishi.6027" said:Prior to any change (if time constraints were removed,) no one could have completed it any earlier than the date time-gates were removed.

Anyone who abstained from the quest waited just as long.

Anyone new catching up on the content will have a slightly different experience but would still have to put the same level of effort into the collections.

I find neither of the two egregious, or anything to be envious of.

This is the simple truth of the matter, every bit of it.

However since people are conceited and do not care about the experience of everyone around them, if they had to wait, everyone has to wait. Anything against that is automatically considered cry-babying "wanting rewards immediately."

Frankly it's people who are like that which turn me away from 95% of online games, forums, and other places.

However, my point is there is no justified reason to bar any changes on a mechanic just because there is someone throwing a fit that those who waited do not have to anymore. If that was true we would never have any innovation in society.

Getting upset that you do not have to wait any longer, even if you did for half of it, is simply a fallacy.

I think anyone who is against it and wanted it fixed would be happy no one else has to do this ridiculous waiting game. It'd just be selfish otherwise. Sure, I'm doing it but it'd be better for people later for sure to not have to also do it this way.That being said, my only gripe with it is the waiting within waiting. It's an MMO with a vast variety of people form different walks of life, they should be able to progress at their pace. If hardcore person A does it in 2 days and casual person B does it in 10, but at their own comfortable pace, then who cares? They're both doing it the way they want. This way hurts both. Person A is purposely being held back, while person B is being rushed to finish long collections each day before reset (if they're close to finishing a collection, they have to finish it that day or can't make the most of the next time they get on because they'll have to wait).At this point, I know some casual people I'm going to recommend they don't even start or bother with it because it will be too frustrating for them the way it is now.

I would appreciate it for sure, because I'm really not overall upset for just [myself], I'd like to see it make [sense] and be something [positive] for those who don't like it and rightfully so. Keep the timegated stuff for cosmectics/legendaries, and with this mount warn your playerbase first if you try to do this.

They don't even have to remove it entirely, just tweak it to where it makes sense(Which I believe is possible). Starting with not keeping it on a daily reset. Try using in game time if you want to give people a [honest] and real sense of journey/raising your skyscale. Maybe that's asking for a lot but I just see that being an improvement and positive to the overall experience.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:FWIW, after a few days of running all over Dragonfall and Tyria doing collections, I'm kind of glad for a few days to be able to spend 5-10 minutes feeding, bathing and playing with my little hatchling and then get on with my usual dailies and map explorations.

This makes me actually wish we had had some sort of raising/training/bonding process with the previous mounts, rather than just 'Do this heart quest to prove you are worthy, then this critter is yours.' Think how much more the mounts would have meant if we had to herd and defend Skimmer tadpoles, choose and catch one favorite springer out of a wild herd and train it, engage in a battle of wills with our jackal before it would accept us. Even the griffon was instantly yours once you finished the collection. The roller beetle was the first mount to be personal and an actual character, and Anet has run with that. In fact, in some ways it's like they are trying to recreate our raising of Aurene, which was a very important and popular part of our story.

BTW, I think it's wrong for Anet and Gorrik to 'choose' the gender of our mount. I'm fine with a she, but there's no reason everyone has to have a female Skyscale. This ain't Jurassic Park. It is up to the player to decide that.

I agree that I'd have preferred to either choose my skyscale's gender, or have it be random. I'd rather that not be set in stone, but that's why I intend to just ignore anything Gorrik says and have a male skyscale, because who is going to tell me otherwise? lol. Unless they integrate it more into the story, of course.

While I disagree with you on necessarily having this process for all the mounts, I'm enjoying having it for the skyscale, and in a way it does make the skyscale feel special. I'm glad to see someone else who's been enjoying it along with me. I've seen people saying how they're going to "vote with their wallets" and not give Anet money, well, I will too. Except I will give them money, if for no other reason than to point out everyone has a different opinion, and this isn't "the way Anet is going" it's just a piece of their content that they decided to present in a different way. Frankly I'm looking forward to what mount skins they release for the Skyscale, and I want to make sure they keep on making the game. So for all the people who say "this is horrible I'm not buying," there are other people who will.

I get that not everyone wants to spend time doing it. At the same time, point heard. I say to those people: kindly realize that there are other factions of players who enjoy other things and it is not wrong for Anet to bring them content they enjoy too and that your tastes have already been largely catered to for most of the Living Story. This is a very dead horse to be beating, Anet has not delivered you some personal insult by making the skyscale more involved to achieve, it has delivered content for people who enjoy that content who paid just as much as you did. They gave the game variety. So if you want the Skyscale, do the collections like the rest of us and get it. If many of you spent the time actually doing the requirements instead of posting complaints here, you'd be that much farther along.

If we can just learn to share the game and realize that the game caters to a variety of experiences and not try to make Anet look like the devil for bringing that variety, we'd get along just fine. I do not "buy" that Anet is setting a precedent with this, nor that all mounts are going to be like this going forward. They were simply trying to make the Skyscale stand apart because they felt it was something significant and it gives the game more to experience. The rest of us aren't wrong for enjoying it.

I would be happy to tell the other people I play GW2 with that they don't have to worry about the daily reset so much, and that they could start the collection now.

@Thundabolt.8541 said:

I would be happy to tell the other people I play GW2 with that they don't have to worry about the daily reset so much, and that they could start the collection now.

Why wouldn't they start it anyway?

@Witch of Doom.5739 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Personally I think its a slippery slope cathering to the impatient and entitled.

While I hope I don't have an "entitled" mindset, I certainly agree that I'm impatient. It's one of my biggest flaws. I'm slogging through the Skyscale collections and timegating, and if ANet were to tweak things down the road so that others weren't timegated (or not as much), I wouldn't be angry or upset; I'd be happy for them and happy that the company listened to feedback. At this point I have all the treats and toys and wildly look forward to clicking on the ground three times for the next three evenings. I mean, is that fun or WHAT?!?

It's a "breather" between collections, and it's to simulate raising the skyscale without making the commitment overly involved. It takes less time to do than my dailies, so I just tack it onto my routine. I got all the food and snacks I needed in less than 2 hours, and then I was all set to go.

If they didn't timegate it there would be people who would run through it in 2 days. That's not how you keep a game, and the most recent map, alive. I'm glad it takes some long-term commitment. I also prefer the community slowly discovering the skyscale as more and more people unlock it, rather than knowing every trick you can do with it after a few days after the patch.

Ok, after doing the first part of the collection so far, my thoughts.

Love the collections. Even the first three, where you have to traverse Dragonfall 3 times (took me 3 days, I don't play that long on working days). But then the timegate hits. I was done with those first three collections in the early evening. Which meant I couldn't continue at all with it, till the next morning. So, on Saturday, I did the second set of collections. Got very unlucky with the events (all of them had just finished, so a lot of waiting time, time you couldn't really do anything else in the game, as the event would surely spawn as soon as you left). This took me most of my playing time for that day. So, no problems with the time gate there. Then on Sunday, I crafted the food (I've been keeping up on my charged crystal crafting, so I had enough of those) and gathered all the items. And now I'll have to wait till wednesday before I can continue? Just because I cannot give all that food in one go? Nothing else to do for that achievement, as I had too much fun collecting all the stuff I needed for the other two collections in that set to stop. Again, I would have been fine if I couldn't continue with the next set today, but having to wait for 2 more days before I can even start the next set, is something I don't like.

Then my second account. Did the story today, and the three collections of the first set. But tomorrow is a working day. I'll only be able to play a short time then, and in that short time I must hope that the Djinn event starts in Vabbi so I can even start the second set of collections. I'd have preferred to start that today, so I could work on the various collections during the rest of the week. I doubt I'll be even able to start those collections before the weekend (having to stand around, doing nothing, and hoping there are others in the area for a group event, when your playing time is limited is not fun!) Which means I must be hoping that people are actually still doing those Djinn events in 3 weeks time (I've never seen that event ever succeed before...)

In short, I don't mind the time gates per se, but the way it works now can be very restricting to the casual player. And time gates between sets are generally fine, but within a set is just horrible and feels like playing for time (I think would be the correct English saying). And starting a collection on the success of a group event is just the worst thing.

Since some people are claiming the same arguments that we have already covered, I'll quote my post on the previous page as no one takes the time to go through previous discussions.

@Rukario.1695 said:I don't know what Anet was thinking with the Server Reset process other than maybe a few things -

1) Allow the majority of players to all progress at the same pace and to keep a balanced and fair playing field.

• This failed because there are people who completed Collection 1 before the first Server Reset, most people did not.
  • Additionally, everyone rushing the Trading Post for materials caused everyone to have a different experience.
  • The Charged Quartz is limited to 1 per day as well, so if players could not afford the Trading Post prices, this hit them.
  • It did at least allow the first two waves of players complete the required events, but now the stragglers are having problems currently.
  • Those stragglers are mainly players who cannot play every day and lead active daily lives, in the end they suffer more than anyone.

2) They wanted your accumulated anticipation to turn into admiration and charm of raising your Skyscale.

• Though the sentiment is nice, they did not provide a warning for the players that this would lead to waiting for many hours at a time.
  • There are many loopholes in the cycle of time required for completion steps that inevitably only make you more aware you are waiting for no reason.
  • The same desired effect can be achieved simply by spacing out the Collections with meaningful and engaging content rather than artificial wait-times.
  • The former point including the idea they could have made the collections harder or longer and more time consuming, nothing about other content.

3) Obtain server metric data for mass log-ins and measure how active the playerbase actually is, even if they do not log in every day or as frequently as others.

• This is useful from a business perspective but in the end it's end result on the players so far does not seem to be worth the risk, that is just my opinion.

4) See how the playerbase reacts to time constraints on new content in the future and gauge how much they should do this or if they should at all in the future.

• Unfortunately this will inevitably go against the original basis of the game when it was created, in addition to pushing away many players permanently.

5) Extend the value of the current LWS content in a way that would engage some people long enough to reduce the lack of new content coming up.

• Myself and others would have rather dealt with no new content for awhile and some simple community events.
  • The time extension is at most 8 days so far (for devoted players) and two or three weeks for those who take their time.
  • It hits those harder whom cannot play much at all, it could take them months under the right circumstances; I find this absolutely horrible.

@"LadyRhonwyn.2501" said:Ok, after doing the first part of the collection so far, my thoughts.

In short, I don't mind the time gates per se, but the way it works now can be very restricting to the casual player. And time gates between sets are generally fine, but within a set is just horrible and feels like playing for time (I think would be the correct English saying). And starting a collection on the success of a group event is just the worst thing.

The event part initially threw me for a loop as well, but then I realized that every event in a lane (before the final meta events) counts. What I did to make that part easier was that I focused on just the quick "kill these things" events that pop up regularly and ignored the larger, longer events aside from the collections like the eternal embers in the fire lane. Doing that, I was able to fulfill the event requirements without much trouble. That might help you clear it easier on your second account as well. I helped a friend of mine get through the event section in about an hour that way, though we did switch maps at one point to avoid the meta.

@Judah Rahab.5716 said:

@Judah Rahab.5716 said:[...]Don't make only 1 voice out of this thread. I personally don't "hate" the collection. I think they could have handled some parts in a different way (like achievement 1 and 3), but I don't really care about the timegating itself.

My main concern is that the collection is not proportionate to the mount. When I saw Guild Chat I thought "well, nice, probably it's going to be used during the story so we are getting it as part of that".

Given this huge collection, I think the mount is not well tuned for the rarity/prestige it's going to have.

To clarify: I'm not asking to remove timegate or reduce the collection, just to
make the mount utility proportionate to the effort.

@"Stephane Lo Presti.7258" said:Hi everyone,

The message below is addressed at current and future participants to this discussion.

The discussion remained mostly civil so far and I want to thank all of you who contributed respectfully. All of you are passionate about the game and we're reading your posts. There are however tensions in this thread and I want to remind everyone here, whether you agree with a point being raised or not, that we ask all forum contributors to be
respectful and constructive
. No ad-hominem arguments will be accepted and, if you see a post like this, simply report it, the moderation team will action them (in passing, this is a friendly reminder about
). You can talk about various aspects of the game, how you feel about them, and generally share your feedback but the discussion here has to remain courteous.

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

In light of some recent posts, I figure this needs repeating since it's been a couple days and hasn't been seen by everyone.

Criticisms need to be civil on both sides. I don't care what your side of the argument is; no name-calling or fire-starting.

@Judah Rahab.5716 said:[...]Don't make only 1 voice out of this thread. I personally don't "hate" the collection. I think they could have handled some parts in a different way (like achievement 1 and 3), but I don't really care about the timegating itself.

My main concern is that the collection is not proportionate to the mount. When I saw Guild Chat I thought "well, nice, probably it's going to be used during the story so we are getting it as part of that".

Given this huge collection, I think the mount is not well tuned for the rarity/prestige it's going to have.

To clarify: I'm not asking to remove timegate or reduce the collection, just to
make the mount utility proportionate to the effort.

I haven't read all the posts for this thread true. But a lot of them I see are just destructive complaints; like a few of the posts above my first post. Which is the case in so many areas. Just cause something is timegated doesn't mean it's the lack of thought. I think this timegate is the opposite. To me this is very much like a tamagotchi. You get your pet you raise it and it takes some time but then you get to ride a dragon. A dragon with infinite hover so we can finally afk without dying XD. The story instance actually changes with the achievement too. It's not a stagnate collection at all. You even interact with the baby Skyscale and there is voice dialogue giving it depth.

My post doesn't make only 1 voice Kidel nor does it try to be disrespectful or destructive CJtheBigBear. I don't claim everything here is complaining nor do I do any name calling. I understand how reading something like what I wrote can be interpreted as hostile but pease try to read it in a non-hostile tone. But rather of someone talking in a calm manner about an issue of constantly seeing destructive complaining. Being firm in my post doesn't account for disrespect. I can see how you would consider it borderline because someone might try to take firm to the next level.

Addressing egos without calling out those particular players and addressing a very real issue of destructive complaining is not disrespectful. It is calling to attention a very real issue in our community. I'm sure I can be wrong and I'm willing to hear counter arguments but how will I ever know I'm wrong without dialogue? Trying to report my opinion while leaving others' opinions, with very similar tones I might ad, is poor censorship. This doesn't allow for the growth of conversation or further explanation of views. Which is in my opinion very far from constructive conversation that isn't stagnate.

I never said you were disrespectful, nor I intended to say that. I apologize if that's what transpired from my post.My intention was just to clarify my position (that, according to the other thread about skyscale improvements, seems to be decently shared among players).

I never thought that your post was out of place, I just wanted to clarify and maybe inform you (also sparing you from the trouble of reading 28 pages).

Peace :)

Staying on topic, before saying that people are just ungrateful and want an easy mount, think about the replies you got so far. A good chunk of them are repeating that the issue is not the difficulty, but some poor design choices and the general uselessness of the mount.

I'd also like to hear what you think about it.

@Starfall Leyline.2481 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:FWIW, after a few days of running all over Dragonfall and Tyria doing collections, I'm kind of glad for a few days to be able to spend 5-10 minutes feeding, bathing and playing with my little hatchling and then get on with my usual dailies and map explorations.

This makes me actually wish we had had some sort of raising/training/bonding process with the previous mounts, rather than just 'Do this heart quest to prove you are worthy, then this critter is yours.' Think how much more the mounts would have meant if we had to herd and defend Skimmer tadpoles, choose and catch one favorite springer out of a wild herd and train it, engage in a battle of wills with our jackal before it would accept us. Even the griffon was instantly yours once you finished the collection. The roller beetle was the first mount to be personal and an actual character, and Anet has run with that. In fact, in some ways it's like they are trying to recreate our raising of Aurene, which was a very important and popular part of our story.

BTW, I think it's wrong for Anet and Gorrik to 'choose' the gender of our mount. I'm fine with a she, but there's no reason everyone has to have a female Skyscale. This ain't Jurassic Park. It is up to the player to decide that.

I agree that I'd have preferred to either choose my skyscale's gender, or have it be random. I'd rather that not be set in stone, but that's why I intend to just ignore anything Gorrik says and have a male skyscale, because who is going to tell me otherwise? lol. Unless they integrate it more into the story, of course.

While I disagree with you on necessarily having this process for all the mounts, I'm enjoying having it for the skyscale, and in a way it does make the skyscale feel special. I'm glad to see someone else who's been enjoying it along with me. I've seen people saying how they're going to "vote with their wallets" and not give Anet money, well, I will too. Except I
will
give them money, if for no other reason than to point out everyone has a different opinion, and this isn't "the way Anet is going" it's just a piece of their content that they decided to present in a different way. Frankly I'm looking forward to what mount skins they release for the Skyscale, and I want to make sure they keep on making the game. So for all the people who say "this is horrible I'm not buying," there are other people who will.

I get that not everyone wants to spend time doing it. At the same time, point heard. I say to those people: kindly realize that there are other factions of players who enjoy other things and it is
not wrong
for Anet to bring them content
they
enjoy too and that your tastes have already been largely catered to for most of the Living Story. This is a very dead horse to be beating, Anet has
not
delivered you some personal insult by making the skyscale more involved to achieve, it has
delivered content for people who enjoy that content who paid just as much as you did
. They gave the game variety. So if you want the Skyscale, do the collections like the rest of us and get it. If many of you spent the time actually doing the requirements instead of posting complaints here, you'd be that much farther along.

If we can just learn to share the game and realize that the game caters to a variety of experiences and not try to make Anet look like the devil for bringing that variety, we'd get along just fine. I do not "buy" that Anet is setting a precedent with this, nor that all mounts are going to be like this going forward. They were simply trying to make the Skyscale stand apart because they felt it was something significant and it gives the game more to experience. The rest of us aren't wrong for enjoying it.

im on the last part of collection and complain about it because its just way to long and complicated for no real reasoni have played since launch and have played and enjoyed most of the open world stuff with 283 mastery pontsto me this is a massive change in the difficulty of the part of the game i play.its just to much

@misterman.1530 said:

@"Judah Rahab.5716" said:I don't understand why there are these
LOUDs
that hate the way to get this new mount. This wasn't just some copy and paste time gated content. It makes sense and has a whole story attached to it with new updates to SR. I honestly feel like
MOST
of you complaining are really ungrateful. You get a bunch of new content and you jump right to complaining. What happened to real gamers that play games for fun rather than just rewards and getting stuff right away with little to no effort. It's so annoying always hearing your guys complaining. When are you guys ever grateful? I can't even imagine being the devs and constantly having to hear this. I mean kitten guys. You play a game 24/7 and don't even try to enjoy it (it seems to me), grinding through everything fast as possible, most likely auto attacking everything in sight, ignoring mechanics to most things in game, running in circles zerging then spending half your time complaining on Reddit or the Forums about how the game sucks. When will I hear a valid argument from your kind of player and not just "Rabble rabble rabble my feels! I want in now! Give me Shiny! Push button!"? Can you guys, I don't know... actually give some
constructive criticism
other than just
whining
? Those of you who are whiners will mostly likely get mad at this post, even report it. All because it reveals the true form of your current egos. Egos festering and wallowing in their own bitterness, ready to jump on the next outrage. My answer to that... chill out, relax,
PLAY
a game.

PSLove the new map, the new mount, the new story and the new meta. I'll get my Skyscale in time, enjoying it all the way. Thanks for the awesome job Devs!

So waiting a day to click 2 three times when you talk to an NPC. Then do it the next day, then the next day, then the next day...to you that's "effort" and should be part of playing a game? You must LOVE mobile games. Love them. You should go to the forums for those then and let people with lives that don't have time to spend on time-gates have a conversation....now, you may get angry at this post and even report it...so be it.

They were certainly more pointed than I generally have been, but at the same time, I'm not bothered by the mid time-gate anymore. It means I wait longer, sure, but it's still attached to a story. They have this split into clear sections: saving the skyscales, raising the baby, training the baby, and taming the not-so-baby. With a baby there's a limit to what you can do, yeah. But I'm curious to see what they have planned for the training and taming sections. In the meantime, I just tack on the baby-feeding with my dailies.

@eldrin.6471 said:

While I disagree with you on necessarily having this process for all the mounts, I'm enjoying having it for the skyscale, and in a way it does make the skyscale feel special. I'm glad to see someone else who's been enjoying it along with me. I've seen people saying how they're going to "vote with their wallets" and not give Anet money, well, I will too. Except I
will
give them money, if for no other reason than to point out everyone has a different opinion, and this isn't "the way Anet is going" it's just a piece of their content that they decided to present in a different way. Frankly I'm looking forward to what mount skins they release for the Skyscale, and I want to make sure they keep on making the game. So for all the people who say "this is horrible I'm not buying," there are other people who will.

I get that not everyone wants to spend time doing it. At the same time, point heard. I say to those people: kindly realize that there are other factions of players who enjoy other things and it is
not wrong
for Anet to bring them content
they
enjoy too and that your tastes have already been largely catered to for most of the Living Story. This is a very dead horse to be beating, Anet has
not
delivered you some personal insult by making the skyscale more involved to achieve, it has
delivered content for people who enjoy that content who paid just as much as you did
. They gave the game variety. So if you want the Skyscale, do the collections like the rest of us and get it. If many of you spent the time actually doing the requirements instead of posting complaints here, you'd be that much farther along.

im on the last part of collection and complain about it because its just way to long and complicated for no real reasoni have played since launch and have played and enjoyed most of the open world stuff with 283 mastery pontsto me this is a massive change in the difficulty of the part of the game i play.its just to much

I have the same credentials. I've played since launch and I have 283 mastery points. This isn't such a huge change. It is different yes, but I don't find it otherworldly sorts of difficult or too much.

@Kidel.2057 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:Personally I think its a slippery slope cathering to the impatient and entitled.

The only use case for the Skyscale is to afk over mobs or in town.
Period
. This post here sums it up quite well:

Period? So, "My opinion" Period. - I enjoy flying it more than the griffon. I think it needs to be stronger and I still enjoy it more than the griffon, and once I get mine it will become my main flying mount. So the applicable use-cases for the Skyscale are well beyond an afk flying mount for those who enjoy it. I find it easier to fly, I find it easier to stay aloft. I can use the endurance refill to maintain altitude to cover a far longer distance than the griffon can, and eventually we'll be getting a stamina-renewing ability with the endurance bar. That's a highly capable mount.

@Starfall Leyline.2481 said:It means I wait longer, sure, but it's still attached to a story.1 real-life day is 12 days in gw2. That part is completely pointless outside the time sink and the need for daily logins.Not to mention that the skyscale can eat 14 monster parts in 10 seconds (even after a full meal) but needs to wait 12 days between meals.