I can't buy the expansion because of some payment authorization failure

You can try buying it in-game. There is a purchase option in the gem store panel, note can't be bought with gems. Just make sure you are on the account you want the expansion applied to as purchasing in-game automatically adds it to your account. If that doesn't work you will probably need to submit a support ticket for assistance.

Have you previously bought the game for anyone else? Has there been someone else who has bought the game on your IP or with your card?

My boyfriend was buying us both the game, he bought mine first and then couldn't buy his because of this issue. We had to get a friend to buy him his copy and pay them back.No one is really sure what causes this, definitely put in a support ticket and make sure they allow you to still get pre-order bonuses because it isn't your fault it isn't working.

@onevstheworld.2419 said:Another possibility is a browser issue. Using a different browser can get around it.

Maybe, but my bf tried different browsers and whole different computers in my house and even tried when he went back home in another state but he couldn't buy it still with this problem. A friend who hadn't bought the game could buy it though, so that's how we got around it.

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

@onevstheworld.2419 said:Another possibility is a browser issue. Using a different browser can get around it.

Maybe, but my bf tried different browsers and whole different computers in my house and even tried when he went back home in another state but he couldn't buy it still with this problem. A friend who hadn't bought the game could buy it though, so that's how we got around it.

In your case, something has tripped the automated fraud detection. I was talking to someone else in the old forum who had a similar situation. It was only after she had contacted CS that the issue was fixed.

@onevstheworld.2419 said:

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

In your case, something has tripped the automated fraud detection. I was talking to someone else in the old forum who had a similar situation. It was only after she had contacted CS that the issue was fixed.

My BF contacted support who hardly helped at all, they didn't even seem to understand the issue. He contacted his credit card company and made sure there was no problem there, which there wasn't.From what we observed on the forum post we made on the issue, it seemed that people couldn't buy more than one copy in most cases because it automatically triggered the fraud system and the company they use to process these purchases has a history with these kind of failures.

• 1 year later...