Shadow Trap - Can we stop beating a dead horse now?

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Shadowstep: The window to use Shadow Return after using this skill has been increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. A tool tip has been added to show the window's duration.

For (i typed it this way, no profanity) KITTEN SAKE! It's been posted time and time again to get the Shadow TRAP to have a tooltip to show the window...well, shadow step got it, so lets add it to shadow trap and while were at it, fix the bloody pathing issue with it!

I'd like an icon but that said it's a bit of a giveaway to your enemy that you've placed a shadow trap somewhere to port away with, which defeats the point of having a trap.

If they could fix the pathing to work like portal that would be swell tho. I use the trap a lot and I know the spots to get the most from it on most maps, but yeah, it's a right pain when it's blocked by a stone.

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I'd like an icon but that said it's a bit of a giveaway to your enemy that you've placed a shadow trap somewhere to port away with, which defeats the point of having a trap.

If they could fix the pathing to work like portal that would be swell tho. I use the trap a lot and I know the spots to get the most from it on most maps, but yeah, it's a right pain when it's blocked by a stone.

they could....dont know if they would, make the icon client side

@Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:I'd like an icon but that said it's a bit of a giveaway to your enemy that you've placed a shadow trap somewhere to port away with, which defeats the point of having a trap.

If they were going to do that with anything, I imagine they would have done it with mirage to hide signets etc that give away the real mesmer.

• 2 months later...

@Jugglemonkey.8741 said:

If they were going to do that with anything, I imagine they would have done it with mirage to hide signets etc that give away the real mesmer.

i know your post is old, but the thread got necroed.

i think the guild enchantment buffs are client side. the mesmer signets, like every signet are shown because they provide a passive effect that affects the mesmers stats. but they could make the mesmers portal weaving icon client side.

@MUDse.7623 said:

i know your post is old, but the thread got necroed.

i think the guild enchantment buffs are client side. the mesmer signets, like every signet are shown because they provide a passive effect that affects the mesmers stats. but they could make the mesmers portal weaving icon client side.

Haha, no worries :) I guess my point is that they want the signets to be visible as they provide some form of counterplay by knowing when they're on cooldown, hiding it for shadow trap is an option but if it was going to be only visible to the thief for a thief skill they probably would have done it by now for mesmer.