So, what did you do this weekend in Guild Wars 2?

I did log in, double click, go to Suns Refuge, play ball, give food, give food, give food, log off at Friday.

I did log in, double click, go to Suns Refuge, play ball, give food, give food, give food, log off at Saturday.

I did log in, double click, go to Suns Refuge, play ball, give food, give food, give food, log off at Sunday.

Was someone able to do more this weekend or can we only get busy at Weekdays?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work weekends so I don’t really play gw2 as I’m too tired in the evening to sit at my desk nor was there anything to pull me into the game.

My urge to rush through content is diminishing with every episode, but I might hunt some more scales this week. Ideally I want to catch some alts up though.

You clearly had fun tho ;)

As usual, login at reset, do dailies and feeding my Skyscale and then log off again since I already got everything done and I need to do stuff in real life like working on some productions or just trying to spend my weekend relaxed.Edit 3 because I forgot something: did the weekly BLC Keyfarm

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, by the way.

Friday - played WvWvW, Lagged hard (/care), went to pve, did stuff, logged offSaturday - logged on, played PvE, lagged a little (/care), logged offSunday - played PvE (gained 3 levels on a lowlevel character of an account), popped PvP, lagged hard (/care) and won, logged off.

Tomorrow I think will be epic.

Saturday: Logged on got login reward, thought about starting to do skyscale, then remembered I'd have to progress at the pace ANet thinks I should play there game and logged out. Played Apex instead.

Sunday: logged in grabbed daily login reward, logged out and played Apex instead.

I can see a pattern forming here.

Thursday Night: Started feeding SS on my main

Friday - Saturday:

Crafted 24 foods and 2 Grow Lamps (for my alts) and started crafting every other daily timegate craftable I could think of...just in case.

Finished wvw Wood chest on all 3 accounts

Yesterday: Finished story on both alts

Today: Finished lane achievements on both alts

Current: Waiting till daily feeding on main today before starting to embark on scales, meds and eggs on alts so I'll know tomorrow if there are any suprises with the next collection come reset.

I've been away most of this weekend, so not a lot. This evening I finally managed to do the Dragonfall meta event for the first time, completed the Skyscale medicine collection and found 4 scales along the way. Which means I also got 3 pieces of the mist shard armour, and various achievements completed and bought 2 new minis. Which for me is a lot to get done in one evening, even if it is all on the same map.

Tomorrow I'm going to try and find as many scales as I can, although I'm doing it without a guide and I have a lot of other (non-GW2) stuff to get done, so I may not get all of them in one day.

At this point I'm kind of curious about whether I can actually get enough done in this collection in one go to be affected by the time-gating.

Aside from the dumb feeding Skyscale and having to wait 24 hours the only real thing of significance I did in Gw2 was obtain the recipies and make 2 of the 3 Revenant Mist weapons and i'm about to obtain the 3rd recipie in a few minutes.

EditScratch that last part.. merchant didn't spawn >.< No Rev Hammer for me..

@BadHealer.3608 said:I did log in, double click, go to Suns Refuge, play ball, give food, give food, give food, log off at Friday.I did log in, double click, go to Suns Refuge, play ball, give food, give food, give food, log off at Saturday.I did log in, double click, go to Suns Refuge, play ball, give food, give food, give food, log off at Sunday.

Sounds like the only reason you logged on to GW this weekend was feeding the Skyscale chick. Without it, you apparently wouldn't have bothered.

That progressed your login reward three days and proved to ANet that time gates work.

I hate hard gates (anything that a clever player can't work around) and object to them on principle. Still: this one is less onerous than the Wayfarer's Henge backpack (minimum 15 days for a single backpack, forced repetition of identical content, or several months of visiting a single vendor).

There really are worse/duller requirements in the game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Sounds like the only reason you logged on to GW this weekend was feeding the Skyscale chick. Without it, you apparently wouldn't have bothered.

That progressed your login reward three days and proved to ANet that time gates work.

I typically log in every day at least for log in reward.. sometimes I do dailies but since I don't get AP from them anymore I sometimes don't bother as 2g is hardly much incentive tbh specially when the requirements are tedious or just boring.. Daily activity Crab Toss for example is usually enough to make me resent the game on the day and not want to play at all.. I don't know why but I genuinely hate Crab Toss for some reason, might be because when it first came out I played a ton of it and got all the achievements for it but I can't stand it anymore.

The feeding Skyscales collection is having a similar effect right now as the amount of time i'ts making me waste to progress for no good reason is annoying me to the point of making me want to log out and play something else instead of Gw2.

@BrotherBelial.3094 said:Saturday: Logged on got login reward, thought about starting to do skyscale, then remembered I'd have to progress at the pace ANet thinks I should play there game and logged out. Played Apex instead.

Sunday: logged in grabbed daily login reward, logged out and played Apex instead.

I can see a pattern forming here.

same here, with the only exception being I played some Tomb Raider