Remember the The Wayfarer's Henge?

@Daniel Handler.4816 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:No. The Wayfarer's Henge exists as its own item, and is its own goal. There was also two and half months were people worked for and aquired Wayfarer's Henge with no knowledge of the coming Aurora.

But the developers did.

Absolutely. That still doesn't remove WH's independence - it is a main reward of an episode. Aurora then builds on the concept of "do all the big things of the season", one of which is WH.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:No. The Wayfarer's Henge exists as its own item, and is its own goal. There was also two and half months were people worked for and aquired Wayfarer's Henge with no knowledge of the coming Aurora.

But the developers did.

Absolutely. That still doesn't remove WH's independence - it is a main reward of an episode. Aurora then builds on the concept of "do all the big things of the season", one of which is WH.

The other backpacks that season don't have those requirements and they are just as much "main rewards". It is different because Aurora requires it. Nothing more.

Do I remember? Yes but apparently ANet did not.

@"Aerlen.5326" said:You mean that backpiece that took me six months because I started it way later than everyone else and on my Day One, map chat was full of "RIP THIS MAP TOMORROW!" and "Never coming back when I get mine!"?

Yeah I remember. I remember the LFGs. I remember asking for people to help me. I remember no one wanting to or not being able to get enough people. I remember doing the meta and everyone fighting the boss I didn't need the item from every time. Six months and I completed it randomly by stumbling onto a map where a group was killing the boss I needed.

Not fun, should be soloable.

That is what happens when content relies on a crutch like a time gate to extend its life instead trying to design something genuinely interesting that people will replay.

@Rikimaru.7890 said:But I still don't understand the rage here, I get it you want your new mount as quickly as possible, however I see no reason to be so angry.With that in mind I would like to remind you about The Wayfarer's Henge it's an ascended back item from LW3 E5, which you earned by also completing a time gate collection chain.It seems you don't remember, but the forums had a meltdown about that collection chain as well. The timegating wasn't liked then, so it's no surprise people reacted the same way now. It's also no surprising (for the reasons you've already mentioned - WH being just one of many LS backpacks, versus skyscale offering some unique mechanics) that the reactons now are even stronger.

So, i don't understand the point you're trying to make.