Rank Transparency - Implement It

Chilli.2976

Most people will come to a conclusion straight away and think that it will induce toxicity, but really as if its not bad already?If I know I have a Support Guardian and he is silver, I the Scourge will not go full damage as I won't trust him, instead i'll stick to Blood Scourge and expect the healing to not be up to par.

Knowing that I have a silver player on my team, will help/change my play style as opposed to expecting the silver player to win home or far and been disappointed with the outcome.I don't get why it was removed in the first place, because a few people complained they got called out?

@Chilli.2976 said:Most people will come to a conclusion straight away and think that it will induce toxicity, but really as if its not bad already?If I know I have a Support Guardian and he is silver, I the Scourge will not go full damage as I won't trust him, instead i'll stick to Blood Scourge and expect the healing to not be up to par.

Knowing that I have a silver player on my team, will help/change my play style as opposed to expecting the silver player to win home or far and been disappointed with the outcome.I don't get why it was removed in the first place, because a few people complained they got called out?

I've been in platinum, gold and silver at the same time on the same build across 3 different alt accounts and my position on each fluctuates completely unpredictably based on placements luck and my time of day queues. I play the three accounts out of mild interest as to the actual meaning of the rating system, not to manipulate.

I have concluded that rating in low population is completely meaningless.

That being said, you play scourge on NA? I main FB and would love to have your opinion of what is above par. Duo sometime? Unranked?

@bladezero.9470 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:Most people will come to a conclusion straight away and think that it will induce toxicity, but really as if its not bad already?If I know I have a Support Guardian and he is silver, I the Scourge will not go full damage as I won't trust him, instead i'll stick to Blood Scourge and expect the healing to not be up to par.

I've been in platinum, gold and silver at the same time on the same build across 3 different alt accounts and my position on each fluctuates completely unpredictably based on placements luck and my time of day queues. I play the three accounts out of mild interest as to the actual meaning of the rating system, not to manipulate.

That being said, you play scourge on NA? I main FB and would love to have your opinion of what is above par. Duo sometime? Unranked?

I dunno about having 3 accounts. I am in plat. If I see a game with other plat players I know I have a fight on my hands. If I know I am in a lower game. I m pretty confident no 1 is going to win the 1v1 against me. Just I just sit at far and force 2v1s Every season I get placed in some g1-2 and Within2 days I am back in plat. Lower level players don't even think about counting dodges and or cool downs. So for my experience. It's pretty meaningful.

I also mess around with my build when I see players I don't know. Because I haven't seen then in plat. With players I ve seen b4 I always go standard meta. That's just my 2 cents.

@TorQ.7041 said:

I dunno about having 3 accounts. I am in plat. If I see a game with other plat players I know I have a fight on my hands. If I know I am in a lower game. I m pretty confident no 1 is going to win the 1v1 against me. Just I just sit at far and force 2v1s Every season I get placed in some g1-2 and Within2 days I am back in plat. Lower level players don't even think about counting dodges and or cool downs. So for my experience. It's pretty meaningful.

I also mess around with my build when I see players I don't know. Because I haven't seen then in plat. With players I ve seen b4 I always go standard meta. That's just my 2 cents.

Fair enough. But this is a duelist perspective. If you enjoy also playing fb support or scourge (even to a lesser extend id include rev and thief) the climb through gold is a lot more random and lengthy.

I agree there are skillful duelists who are in plat and belong there, but that is just one role and the easiest to maintain rating. The rest is a coin toss.

@bladezero.9470 said:That being said, you play scourge on NA? I main FB and would love to have your opinion of what is above par. Duo sometime? Unranked?

I would say that Scourge is my main yes, but I can multi-class and play most classes at a high standard. Above par I mean as it the Support Firebrand knows how to kite, use his skills correctly and focus support mainly on me. In most instances this does not happen.

I usually only duo with people I know or have seen you in ranked games and are some what decent, no offence.

@bladezero.9470 said:

You can best gauge a player by their peak ratings vs. lowest ratings. Using myself as example, I play mostly solo que and do not use any methods of match manipulation. I play as high as 1650ish in a good week, or as low as 1450 in a bad week if I'm being que sniped and/or getting unlucky with being caught in the crossfire of win trade wars. I agree with you that the rating system means little to nothing at this point, but you can still see the relative skill factor of player if you look at it in this way.

@bladezero.9470 said:

Fair enough. But this is a duelist perspective. If you enjoy also playing fb support or scourge (even to a lesser extend id include rev and thief) the climb through gold is a lot more random and lengthy.

I agree there are skillful duelists who are in plat and belong there, but that is just one role and the easiest to maintain rating. The rest is a coin toss.

Yeah that's true. I was thief before. Just could not climb with out a partner. I basically only play duelist or dps classes now. Just hard to carry when not.

I wouldn't mind this, but keep in mind that while

Knowing that I have a silver player on my team, will help/change [your] play styleThat will also cause the more salt-encrusted players to immediately DC or bash specifically the lowest rated player for their mistakes/the teams loss.The last thing we need is new players feeling ostracized. I'd rather the angriest person on the team not know which player to focus his/her anger to, especially in pick up groups.

It's weird you use a support class as the example as generally support classes are much harder to climb on due to how it relies more on the team not being completely inept to win the game. Sure it can do some good saves and support the team but if the team clowns no FB can really save the game.

Meanwhile a class that can "make the plays" will often be able to swing and carry games much more. If I saw a silver FB I'd be far less concerned about their performance than say a silver rev, holo or warrior as these classes have all the tools to be able to swing games and take them to their actual rating/skill level.

I know someone will jump on and say something like "There's loads of supports in legend/high plat so you're wrong" yeah they're exceptional players but they're stilll at the mercy of their team and usually duo to minimise the number of clowns on their team in lower matches.