WORLD BOSS MARATHON - Saturday 11 May - 18:00 UK (19:00 CEST)

Hi everyone.

As you may be aware, from 6 until 13 May, players will receive a Bonus Box of Goods from killing world bosses in core Tyria zones. This is a cool reason to get together and farm some world bosses together for fun and profit. More details about the bonus can be found in this thread.

Me and my guild have held many open PvE events in the past, and so what better reason to get together with the wider community again and beat down some classic bosses?

Next Saturday, we are going to host three hours of beating down world bosses across the map. We will be on voice chat, and probably put on some music too. We always have fun with these events and it would be great if you came along too.

If you want a flavour for the sort of thing we do, check out this:satKZhd.png...and this...61yxVt8.png...and this!USdG0sr.jpg

If you want to join in next Saturday, do the following:

1. Make sure you are on any of the EU servers (sorry NA).
  2. Make sure you have a character that can access all the world bosses that spawn between 18:00 and 20:45 UK time. This will cover almost all the world bosses in core Tyria zones, and so coming on a character with the most map completion will make sense. Alternatively, you can use the World Boss Portal Device.
  3. Come down to Lion's Arch at 18:00 UK time on Saturday 11 May. I recommend you attend a bit before 18:00 because the squad will probably fill up quickly.
  4. Look out for the commander tag of Duke Witherheart on your map (that's me!) and ask for a squad invite. If you can't see Duke Witherheart on your map, you can always whisper me directly using my username (Krathor.9514).
  5. Join the Discord server to participate in voice chat - I will give out invites on the night. This is not required but is recommended.
  6. Pay attention to squad chat and have fun!

Here is a full list of the world bosses we will be taking on (all times are UK):uTpcE8d.png

Put any questions below, and see you next Saturday!

I'm not too sure how many people actually read this section of the forum, so I've not posted this as a separate thread, but I am hosting another event Saturday (tomorrow). It's a celebration of the Eurovision Song Contest, called "Jokovision".

The idea is that we play the new zone together, doing events etc. as a squad while watching the international Eurovision stream.

Eurovision is quite close to my stance on life when it comes to togetherness and diversity, which is something that I really like about hosting events in-game too. It should be fun.

I posted a lot more details (including the poster) in a thread on the subreddit earlier in the week, so please read that for more details. :)