[Idea] Caps Should Have a "Neutral" State (and a tactic suggestion)

archmagus.7249

I think that after the defending team loses an objective, it should go into a "neutral" state before another team can cap it. Once it becomes neutral, then another team can start capping the point. However, another team cannot start capping until they return the point to neutral. In order to capture a point, they would an attacking team would need to kill the lord, get the objective to neutral, and then fill it with their color. To make up for having to through the neutral state, points should be easier to cap. Should a point be partially capped but no (valid) players be inside the ring, the capture point progress won't decay. For the purposes of world score, an objective will still be held until another team fully captures the objective.

As an idea for a new tactic, how about a downstate lord? One where when the lord is killed, he goes into a downstate and has to be stomped before the point can be capped. When he is first downed, he is also broken, meaning stunned and 50% increased damage for a few seconds to allow for cleaves. This will be for keeps and smc only, and can only be used once. Meaning after a keep's lord has been downed, he won't he can't be downed again as long as that that team holds the objective; after that, the lord will simply die when he is killed.

Oh i like the the Nuetral State idea .Like , If the keep has no defenders it goes in netraul state , that offer half the points for the Ofeenders that capture it .Also the gate is broken , and the Lord has a bazilion Hp , till the gates are repaired (froem the zerg) , or 1 friendly dolyaks have reached your gate(or he boss loose percentage hp for each enemy dolyak reaching him)

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:hmm neutral state is interesting, it would slow down karma train zergs and make defending slightly more necessary. sounds good to me.

It's more to stop "cap stealing" where one team kills the lord and starts capping the point. Right before the point is capped, another team comes in and kills them while they are weak and their skills are on cooldown. Once they're dead, the ring changes color and they take over the last few ticks.

@archmagus.7249 said:

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:hmm neutral state is interesting, it would slow down karma train zergs and make defending slightly more necessary. sounds good to me.

It's more to stop "cap stealing" where one team kills the lord and starts capping the point. Right before the point is capped, another team comes in and kills them while they are weak and their skills are on cooldown. Once they're dead, the ring changes color and they take over the last few ticks.

If your idea is to prevent "cap stealing".

I strongly wouldn't recommend doing this btw (without first understanding the full impact & ripple effects of such a coding will do to the nature of capping objectives), but it's far quicker & simpler to code the ring up feature to do this:

First team that changes the ring color is coded to get invulnerability against ANY non-defending enemy team player until the objective is capped. Leaving the ring removes this temporary buff.

This should quickly put a stop to "cap stealing" by any non-defending enemy team, but still allow the defending team to continue fighting against the team that First changed their defended objective's ring color.

Abuse Alert - Feature may be used with un-intended purposes. Would make it possible for any non-defending team to assist the original capping team to capture the defended objective without inflicting damage to the original capping team.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Why would we discourage three-ways? The kind of caps you describe are muuuch more exciting than, say, backcapping.Its a three team game, if two teams are fighting the the third wants to be opportunistic, all the more power to them. That's on the two teams (defenders and primary attackers) to pay attention.

~ Kovu

@Diku.2546 said:

If your idea is to prevent "cap stealing".

I strongly wouldn't recommend doing this btw (without first understanding the full impact & ripple effects of such a coding will do to the nature of capping objectives), but it's far quicker & simpler to code the ring up feature to do this:

First team that changes the ring color is coded to get invulnerability against
ANY non-defending
enemy team player until the objective is capped. Leaving the ring removes this temporary buff.

This should quickly put a stop to "cap stealing" by any non-defending enemy team, but still allow the defending team to continue fighting against the team that
First
changed their defended objective's ring color.

Abuse Alert - Feature may be used with un-intended purposes. Would make it possible for any non-defending team to assist the original capping team to capture the defended objective without inflicting damage to the original capping team.

Yours truly,Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Invulnerabiliy? I don't think that's the answer; maybe something like Iron hide which gives them damage and condition resistance, but still allows them to be cc'd off the point.

The neutral state for the point would make for a fight to the death for every objective, not "who can stand in the circle the longest" to capture the point. Also, I think that if the defenders manage to fight off the attackers but the lord is down and a ring was up, resing the lord would reset the ring. Though the lord would remain at 25% health until the objective is no longer under attack then he will regenerate health.