Okay so you're reducing the collection timegate, but...

...What about the Charged Quartz requirements? There's no way around that. Most people will still take 12 days to get all the quartz. This doesn't really change anything for most people, especially when there was no heads up about this to begin with.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still going to be over a week until they patch it so chop chop.

And I firmly believe most people won't have a shortage of charged quartz at all. A majority of people stuck with this game for many years and there aren't many sinks for it. Even I had 36 of them and all I ever did was farm the node every other day at the most.

@Blocki.4931 said:It's still going to be over a week until they patch it so chop chop.

And I firmly believe most people won't have a shortage of charged quartz at all. A majority of people stuck with this game for many years and there aren't many sinks for it. Even I had 36 of them and all I ever did was farm the node every other day at the most.

Im not sure about that. I doubt many people stockpile them since they have extremely few sources to drop directly, so people tend to make when they need rather than think ahead snd prep. There will be a fair few with enough, but id be surprised if its anywhere a majority esp with so many new and returning players

The daily collection time gating is nothing compared to the gating of the charged quartz. Myself and one other person, out of our 20-person guild, are the ONLY people who have any charged quartz. And very few have of them have the gold to buy the crafted items off the trade post. 95% of these friends don't gold farm. Don't care about or have nodes in their home instance. And I doubt their alone. It will take some of my friends WEEKS to get the mount because of this.

Heck, keep the daily reset time gate -- that actually makes sense story-wise. Get rid of the charge quartz requirement.

I will never understand why the dev team thinks it's ever a good idea to gate highly desired content behind a limited and difficult to get item. Didn't you learn anything from the massive mistake of makiong Sigil of Nullification required for the Requiem gear??? STOP placing content behind ridiculous exclusive and hard to get items. It's not compelling or engaging content.

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:It's still going to be over a week until they patch it so chop chop.

And I firmly believe
most people
won't have a shortage of charged quartz at all. A majority of people stuck with this game for many years and there aren't many sinks for it. Even I had 36 of them and all I ever did was farm the node every other day at the most.

Im not sure about that. I doubt people stockpile them since they have extremely few sources to drop directly, so people tend to make when they need rather than think ahead snd prep. There will be a fair few with enough, but id be surprised if its anywhere a majority esp with so many new and returning players

I had 156 in bank and havent charged any since before hot came out.OP were did they say they were reducing the collection times?

@Linken.6345 said:

And I firmly believe
most people
won't have a shortage of charged quartz at all. A majority of people stuck with this game for many years and there aren't many sinks for it. Even I had 36 of them and all I ever did was farm the node every other day at the most.

Im not sure about that. I doubt people stockpile them since they have extremely few sources to drop directly, so people tend to make when they need rather than think ahead snd prep. There will be a fair few with enough, but id be surprised if its anywhere a majority esp with so many new and returning players

I had 156 in bank and havent charged any since before hot came out.OP were did they say they were reducing the collection times?

It's in the News and Announcements area of the forums. As for the charged quatz, I'd be glad to sell mine if we were able to sell them. I just went ahead and bought the food. frustrating, but I'll live. I wasn't aware until I looked it up that we actually had a need for those things anyway.

Charged quartz drop from wintersday gifts. I'm surprised this is even an issue. I had almost two stacks a few months ago but turned them into gold, so I'm starting from scratch. I guess I won't be able to hover in LA like the rest of the angry lot... :/

@sirjarros.4107 said:The daily collection time gating is nothing compared to the gating of the charged quartz. Myself and one other person, out of our 20-person guild, are the ONLY people who have any charged quartz. And very few have of them have the gold to buy the crafted items off the trade post. 95% of these friends don't gold farm. Don't care about or have nodes in their home instance. And I doubt their alone. It will take some of my friends WEEKS to get the mount because of this.

Heck, keep the daily reset time gate -- that actually makes sense story-wise. Get rid of the charge quartz requirement.

I will never understand why the dev team thinks it's ever a good idea to gate highly desired content behind a limited and difficult to get item. Didn't you learn anything from the massive mistake of makiong Sigil of Nullification required for the Requiem gear??? STOP placing content behind ridiculous exclusive and hard to get items. It's not compelling or engaging content.

I take it none of them have the Griffin or Beetle or any elite specs or Legendary gear or other prestige items? Fake/contrived outrage doesn't prove the point you think it does...

(Btw, about how many of these down trodden guildies have a similar posts in one of the many threads on the subject? I bet it's a minimal number, which also says plenty.)

@PhantomGoddess.5174 said:

And I firmly believe
most people

It's in the News and Announcements area of the forums. As for the charged quatz, I'd be glad to sell mine if we were able to sell them. I just went ahead and bought the food. frustrating, but I'll live. I wasn't aware until I looked it up that we actually had a need for those things anyway.

I sold most of my excess by crafting food and grow lamps

I mentioned this vaguely a couple of days ago, but the thread got closed and perhaps merged.

Anyway, Charged Quartz have a chance to drop from Wintersday presents. A festival that a lot of people participated in 6 months ago and where a lot of people opened presents in the hopes of getting the infusion and a festival that gives you a tree (if you did the collection) and that tree gives you a present every day.

tldr; open your Wintersday Presents!

I doubt most will have much charged quartz — doesn’t it only drop from Dry Top and some special events and personal instance nodes? I don’t know where the nodes are available from and it is not something I ever looked into as I’ve rarely needed quartz or charged quartz for anything.

I’m not complaining about it — regular quartz is super cheap on the TP. Plus, one can buy grow lamps and food on the TP, right? This gives the option of alternately investing gold or more time if one doesn’t have it stockpiled.

Charged quartz has a faster method already in place. You can buy the finished item you need off the TP. You can make the gold necessary in a fraction of the time it would take to make the items, thus the option of progressing at your pace and how you want. This time gate was never a problem as there was an option around it.The others had no such option.

Charged Quartz Acquisition:

GuaranteedCharging quartz at a "place of power" — limited to 1x/day(the easiest is at the Krait Obelisk in anyone's home instance)

5 from a single achievement: Labyrinth Runner (completing Into the Labyrinth in 20 minutes; easy enough with a friend or two)

Gathering (Random)Sole source: the quartz node in one's home instance. (Maybe 1-3/week.)The quartz in the wild no longer drops charged quartz.

From Foes (Random)None

From Containers (Random)

• Trick or Treat Bag — ~0.1%, i.e. to get 22 on average, you need ~82 stacks of ToTs
  • Wintersday Gift — ~0.2%, i.e. to get 22 on average, you need ~36 stacks of gifts
  • Zephyrite Curio Box & Zephyrite Supply Box — only available during Festival of the Four Winds, which isn't for a while
  • Various containers that sometimes drop from BL chests, historical loot, etc... — we can ignore these, because they aren't available to most people

@"Mil.3562" said:The party that makes the most noise in the forum, wins.Not really. People complain about all sorts of things on the forums; ANet only addresses some of them.

If "most noise" made the difference, thieves & mesmers would have lost stealth and condi in 2012, we'd be in Cantha since 2015, landspears would be a thing, and we'd either have bacon or poutine as foods (or both).

@sirjarros.4107 said:The daily collection time gating is nothing compared to the gating of the charged quartz. Myself and one other person, out of our 20-person guild, are the ONLY people who have any charged quartz. And very few have of them have the gold to buy the crafted items off the trade post. 95% of these friends don't gold farm. Don't care about or have nodes in their home instance. And I doubt their alone. It will take some of my friends WEEKS to get the mount because of this.

I would hazard a guess there are more players than you might think that do create their own stocks of all kinds of things that have limited uses.. for that very reason, because it is usually those few uses that have large requirements (maybe not in numbers but in time/value).I personally have over 80 in the bank, but have used a fair few on stuff in game that have requirements for them, especially guild hall upgrades.The fact that some items come at a monetary or time based cost is what prompts me to think, yep maybe I should make some stock for future use knowing the what the process to get them entails.TBH there is at least routes of supply in order for any player to get their charged quartz.. Drytop nodes, seasonal content, RNG drops, Home Instance node and of course the good ole TP.

@Gambit.9501 said:...What about the Charged Quartz requirements? There's no way around that. Most people will still take 12 days to get all the quartz. This doesn't really change anything for most people, especially when there was no heads up about this to begin with.

There is a way around that - you can buy the food (which you create with the Charged Quartz) and the lamp from the TP, enjoy it :)

@VDAC.2137 said:I doubt most will have much charged quartz — doesn’t it only drop from Dry Top and some special events and personal instance nodes? I don’t know where the nodes are available from and it is not something I ever looked into as I’ve rarely needed quartz or charged quartz for anything.

I’m not complaining about it — regular quartz is super cheap on the TP. Plus, one can buy grow lamps and food on the TP, right? This gives the option of alternately investing gold or more time if one doesn’t have it stockpiled.

charged quartz can be made once per day by taking 25 regular quartz to a place of power

People that have Charged Quartz stocked are pretty hardcore imo and in no way represent the average population. Hardcore in this case meaning that they are aware of timegated content, know the potential value of stocking up on it for future use (either for gold or for themselves), and are most likely notorious harvesters, either in the Open World or their home instance. If you are none of those, but just happen to have accumulated lots of Charged Quartz in 6 years of playing, this at least means you play a LOT. You need 25 quartz for each Charged crystal and it's not that these Quartz nodes are everywhere.

Most people probably hardly ever come across the need for a Charged Quartz Crystal. I play quit a bit, I have a pretty full home instance(that I hardly ever harvest since it is SO boring) and I used to play in Dry top a lot for the Ambrite Collection, but I could not be bothered to harvest Quartz there either. Untill I decided to make Celestial armor and had to work through time-gated content. No problem for me, just saying that not everyone is so efficient and diligent when it comes to these aspects of the game.

People on these forums are also not representative for the population.

Btw, I am totally fine with the timegate.