Critical nerf/ Condition Pressure Nerf

This area used to be a complicated protection boon idea

But it was just easier to

Just nerf critical rates

Also, if ferocity/crit rates are taking a hit, we all know that condition pressure must as well. We need a complete condition application nerf across the board. We do not nerf their damage, only how many intensity stacks a ability can apply from a specific skill. Then remove conditions from abilities that really do not need them unless traited otherwise. This makes combat a lot more fluid instead of randomly receiving a students debt amount of conditions out of no where.

Combat needs to go back to actually thinking about how to outsmart your opponent instead of this nonsense of burst burst burst. Where Power is met with 100% critical chance and high amounts of ferocity can blow up any player that doesnt have the devs blessing of a dmg negation trait/ability or a spidey sense to out react the games unfixable bugged state of lag and terrible geometry.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:So nerf holo, soulbeast, duelist FB, and herald?

what the heck is duelist fb?

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:weakness/10weaks

Oh your right, it does. Yet never stays on a player to have much effect. =/

well it does wonders for me.

I apply and its literally the fastest thing cleansed lol.

Guess it would have been easier to say, just nerf critical chance.

Depending on what you mean about boon uptime, i'm going to hardpass on the protection buff. Pretty much everything has access to protection already, but if the damage or critical chance is changed to those who do it's going to be a whole lot harder to kill bunker builds. I kind of doubt anyone wants to go back to the early PoF days where FB/Scourge and Spellbreaker just wouldn't die. Now add protection holo and Scrapper.

If you mean everything should have less protection uptime, but it should be stronger to compensate for that... maybe, but certain builds; Scrapper and Firebrand in particular are going to need some big protection cuts if that is.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Lol i know the life. Weakness is just on skills im not allowed to use as a firebrand sadly =[.

huh? fb has a mantra that applies weakness.

Im aware. Not able to slot it on though.

@Multicolorhipster.9751 said:Depending on what you mean about boon uptime, i'm going to hardpass on the protection buff. Pretty much everything has access to protection already, but if the damage or critical chance is changed to those who do it's going to be a whole lot harder to kill bunker builds. I kind of doubt anyone wants to go back to the early PoF days where FB/Scourge and Spellbreaker just wouldn't die. Now add protection holo and Scrapper.

If you mean everything should have less protection uptime, but it should be stronger to compensate for that... maybe, but certain builds; Scrapper and Firebrand in particular are going to need some big protection cuts if that is.

Boon uptime, pretty much what concentration is now.

And yeah Im aware of that, would have to strip classes that are supposed to be damage based/burst roles of the buff. But at the same time if they would want the boon uptime then they would have to take the risk of getting rid of another stat.

In the end, just nerfing critical rate would be an easier solution.

Game is a mess. The amount of passive AoE damage, AoE CC, AoE boonspam, AoE condi cleanse is just ridiculous. The top meta builds don't even have to target anything. Just walk in spamming all their skills on recharge and accidentally kill everyone. Power attacks are doing 2-3x more damage instantly than a condi attack over it's full duration (except scourge, which does more single target damage than any other condi build, but instead in a massive aoe).

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:I don't know what the OP is smoking, condition builds are almost completely out of the meta and have been for a long time now.

Why does the game need to be balanced around the meta instead of the things that ruin the pvp experience?

Balancing around the meta hasnt done much of anything for the game aside from lowering the player count for pvp. The idea is to think outside the box on what could be a easier solution instead of constantly doing a hit or miss on balance for another X amount of years.

@Darth.7623 said:Game is a mess. The amount of passive AoE damage, AoE CC, AoE boonspam, AoE condi cleanse is just ridiculous. The top meta builds don't even have to target anything. Just walk in spamming all their skills on recharge and accidentally kill everyone. Power attacks are doing 2-3x more damage instantly than a condi attack over it's full duration (except scourge, which does more single target damage than any other condi build, but instead in a massive aoe).

Couldnt agree more with you.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:This area used to be a complicated protection boon idea

But it was just easier to

Just nerf critical rates

Also, if ferocity/crit rates are taking a hit, we all know that condition pressure must as well. We need a complete condition application nerf across the board. We do not nerf their damage, only how many intensity stacks a ability can apply from a specific skill. Then remove conditions from abilities that really do not need them unless traited otherwise. This makes combat a lot more fluid instead of randomly receiving a students debt amount of conditions out of no where.

Combat needs to go back to actually thinking about how to outsmart your opponent instead of this nonsense of burst burst burst. Where Power is met with 100% critical chance and high amounts of ferocity can blow up any player that doesnt have the devs blessing of a dmg negation trait/ability or a spidey sense to out react the games unfixable bugged state of lag and terrible geometry.

Better reduce Power and/or Ferocity scaling instead of critical rate. Or remove traits that gives more critical hit rates making runes and/or sigil more attractive. But right know it's more the amoutn of damage that is dealt in one single attack the issue rather than the frequency of these hits (or maybe both actually)

I don't know what to think of the state of the game anymore.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Lol i know the life. Weakness is just on skills im not allowed to use as a firebrand sadly =[.

huh? fb has a mantra that applies weakness.

Mantra of truth applies weakness, cripple and blindness. Third charge also applies root. The dps variants of support FB use it with condi damage. The idea is that you use axe 3 followed by symbol, then you apply mantra of truth. Played right you just protected your burns with bleed, chill, weakness, blind and cripple. You then follow with ToJ.

This is guardian’s strongest solo build. It is not that great against condi damage though, but no one plays that but scourge.