The Skyscale Saddle

I don't really have a reason to log tomorrow... I guess... goes plays others games that was taking the dust for too long. I had approximatively 225 of each until I saw nothing was coming out, then this, nah I throw the sponge, will get the daily home instance, and skip the skins as well. Some others bugs are still not fixed either, I just lost the motivation to continue to play for a while, see you in LS5 or whenever those issues are addressed.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAAHAHAA

Why did I think we'd be out of the woods after waiting so many days, this is fantastic absolutely..

I don't know where they think I'm gonna have all this massive time to farm 250 of every single map resource.. I mean I have the toons to farm hearts over and over and over for hours and hours...

But holy moly... Really Anet? REAAAlly!!?

I wonder, will the saddle come with acutally usable stirrups? Because I haven't seen those so far and it's been buggin' me a bit, to be honest. Seriously, how comfy can it be riding a springer without stirrups with all the bouncing? Or is it just that my toon is a masochist?

The sad thing about being a pioneer is you get to give everyone behind you the roadmap, so while they're trotting along a few days behind, they can plan for the future.

I'll reach this step tomorrow and am only lacking Kourna and DF currencies right now, so, Im sorry to those that are there currently and stuck, but THANK YOU from one of the ones behind you :).

And this is why we can't have nice things. It was pretty clear that map currencies will be required after the massive collections showed that the Skyscale is the equivalent to Aurora from LS3.Also the vendor in Dragonfall sells Map 1-5 currencies for 20 Magic each.

You want ANet to communicate more but rage at every occassion. MMORPG communities continue to be the worst with developer communication.

People with 5 character slots going to take "awhile", provided that all 5 are 80 and geared up decently. Tho i have 10 but only 9 can be used, it still took me a 3 days straight for the first half of requiem collection. I could see how difficult it can be to obtain 250 of each LWS4 map. Gonna take this slow from now on, ppl are upset with the timegate but with this, even without timegate it still takes days to complete.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Isn't there a vendor in the new map that sells all the ls4 currencies for magic . . ?

yest but only 5 each day

Okay, thx :)

I didn't know there was a limit, I'm not sure what the purpose of that vendor would be now, it's just like a bonus home instance node . . .

@Miellyn.6847 said:You want ANet to communicate more but rage at every occassion. MMORPG communities continue to be the worst with developer communication.

This is certainly true but I for one greatly appreciate that anet has moved towards being more open in its communications with players over the past several months. There will always be players who -- either honestly or intentionally-- misinterpret what they say. But having the information out there is still far better than leaving everyone to guess . . .

Wow, Anet. What a nice F.U. considering how hard it can be to get that currency. I've never had a stack of anything but the Istan one and only because of the farm (that got nerfed and with it, my source).

This isn't fun but I guess at least these parts can be soloed...

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Miellyn.6847" said:You want ANet to communicate more but rage at every occassion. MMORPG communities continue to be the worst with developer communication.

This is certainly true but I for one greatly appreciate that anet has moved towards being more open in its communications with players over the past several months. There will always be players who -- either honestly or intentionally-- misinterpret what they say. But having the information out there is still far better than leaving everyone to guess . . .

it would be great if they talk before and not after a release and then saying "our bad, we will be better in the future". they are not new in the business.in other MMOs this doesnt happen, because auf PTR and/or Betatest.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Miellyn.6847" said:You want ANet to communicate more but rage at every occassion. MMORPG communities continue to be the worst with developer communication.

it would be great if they talk before and not after a release and then saying "our bad, we will be better in the future". they are not new in the business.in other MMOs this doesnt happen, because auf PTR and/or Betatest.

Oh I'm also a huge proponent of them drastically slowing their release schedule to allow them more time to 'get it right' before release. What I would really love is for them to become confident enough through that process to stand up to player backlash on release and just say 'this is why we did what we did and this is why we think it's good for the game'. But 1) I don't think they'd ever do that and 2) I don't think there are very many other players who would appreciate it if they did . . .

In summary, you'll need the following for the Skyscale Saddle :

1. 35 Gold
  2. 1500 Volatile Magic
  3. 500 Trade Contracts (Crystal Desert)

And, one stack (250) of each of the following currencies/tokens :

1. Kralkatite Ore (Domain of Istan)
  2. Difluorite Crystals (Sandswept Isles)
  3. Inscribed Shards (Domain of Kourna)
  4. Lumps of Mistonium (Jahai Bluffs)
  5. Branded Masses (Thunderhead Peaks)
  6. Mistborn Motes (Dragonfall)

Remember that you can do reward tracks in WvW and PvP to get the currency. Each completed reward track of the specific map will give you the choice to pick 50 of the currency. If you have 500 Potions of WvW Rewards in your bank, that's 300 currency of your choice. Or you simply do the reward track, which in case of Blood Rubies for Aurora was my choice ^^

Also, I rather do map completion with all characters than doing events. I think each completion gives 25. Plus, a chance to get a BLC key.