Hardest DPS Check?

Hmmm. Since your phrasing is, 'most difficult'. I would say dhuum cm. For a lot of reasons. Having to keep your eyes constantly on the linebacker as he runs around randomly makes it difficult to perform your rotation at the same time. Its quite a bit different to perform your rotation on one target, while looking at another. This is part of why the epi bounce method was so good, high dps went hand in hand with keeping your eyes on the linebacker. Additionally the fight has periods where you want high burst dps, such as the pre-phase and the final 10%. However the classes that are good at these burst parts, are usually not the classes good at the bulk of the fight. Condi necro and condi renegade, if you run a lot/all dps slots filled with them, you might have trouble with the pre-phase (which is a problem because you can't heal the guys, so if you don't kill the pre-phase mobs fast, you're gona have trouble).

There is still room to play around. On my kill run we had 2 power holos, 2 condi rengades and a condi soul beast, with a kiter druid (basically no boss dps). So its not like we were completely min/maxed. At the end of the day, I would say the reason dhuum cm is a dps check is just because its tough to get 10 people through the fight, rather than those 10 people needing to perform their rotation exceptionally well (good solid performance is enough). So in that way, maybe it should be considered more of a mechanics check? I don't know, how you should draw a distinction between the two terms.

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I think its Largos duo CM and Dhuum CM

This.

People need to remember: while Mirage makes the dps check a lot easier on Largos Twins, using any type of other dps can be challenging.

Dhuum CM was explained by thrag.9740 nicely.

Most other challenging dps checks are self imposed in nature. I guess Deimos CM can be challenging if Sauls life isn't managed properly or Prides handled, high dps will make this easier, but no where near the other 2.

Dhuum cm isn't really a hard dps check because it is low manned regularly. It's quite forgiving as long as everyone survives until last phase.There are no real hard "dps or die" checks but a lot of soft checks.With soft checks i mean skipping phases. Sloth 10% was mentioned. Also KC 1 orb.Fractals have a lot more like phasing Skorvald during stun, no anomaly artsaariv and arkk or skipping the rush on ensyl. These soft checks are way harder than any real raid dps check.

0 Soul split dhuum is one that has never been done but was probably possible during early pof when scourge DPS was insanely high and broken epi bounce damage was still possible. There was a group that got really close to hitting the DPS check with scourge having much lower normal DPS but still having broken epi bounces, epi bounce just wasn't widely used when scourge was at it's prime (and scourge might have been nerfed/bug fixed before hall of chains was released I can't remember the order). Currently it is probably not mathematically possible with epi bounce nerfed but maybe if some super op DPS builds sneak out of a balance patch it could become possible again.

Most of the DPS checks are self-imposed in the end. It is mostly about specific strategies requiring a certain amount of overall DPS to be successful. Strategies which make your life much easier of course but that is beside the point. Dhuum and Twins challenge modes are probably the hardest actual checks but even those are quite manageable unless you are forced to low-man.