The Skyscale Saddle

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear...I...I don't even know...There's a problem if you just main ONE character and not a ton of alts too...and I am maining one character indeed, where all my alts are just waaaaaaaaaay behind in absolutely everything, untouched and just there for armor to show off...meaning I won't even be able to use my alts to help me out in this.I used to have a lot of these mats, but I consumed them for volatile magic, assuming I'll never need them outside of merchants per zone.This just made me feel dizzy and very destroyed...

So this is just repeatable things over and over...Do hearts > Do events > Do meta on map;Wait for daily reset for hearts again to repeat the same thing again per zone.Especially if you have 0 of these, it's going to be super long and tedious.

Mind you, I have finished Nevermore faster than Skyscale now...

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:is this something crafted that can be sold?

No. You go to each of the VM vendors (plus Elisa in the Desert maps) and purchase an item for 250 map currency. After that the step completed and you go to NE Jahai to unlock the
final
collection.

WTH...?! I don't have 250 if each currency, because I only store what I need (and am certain I am not the only one who does). I always consume the items for magic instead, except Blood Rubies (LWS3) and Kralkatite (LWS4) and the new Mist Motes. What a drag. Now I know how the people must feel who did not hoard Charged Quartz.

What, why would you limit yourself to 250 of each map currency...since it goes to your wallet/storage and has unlimited storage space, not saying I have 250 of each(though I probably do since I almost never use them for anything other than the portal stone for that episode, because I find almost nothing else of use or interest for those things).

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:The mount is not aurora, it is not a legendary item. Honestly maybe half the map currency requirement (or 50-100) and maybe ppl might think "oh its not a whole stack, one or two alts can help!"

Of course it's not.One is something that you can use accountwide on all your characters and can customize the colors in your own preference, let alone future skins. And it adds extra mobility to your movement.The other is... well just a shiny which you can keep only on one character and it looks the same on you as it does on everyone else.

If anything Skyscale >>> Aurora functionality wise and 250 of each currency is a reasonable request if you compare it with Aurora

@Blur.3465 said:Oh dear...I...I don't even know...There's a problem if you just main ONE character and not a ton of alts too...and I am maining one character indeed, where all my alts are just waaaaaaaaaay behind in absolutely everything, untouched and just there for armor to show off...meaning I won't even be able to use my alts to help me out in this.I used to have a lot of these mats, but I consumed them for volatile magic, assuming I'll never need them outside of merchants per zone.This just made me feel dizzy and very destroyed...

So this is just repeatable things over and over...Do hearts > Do events > Do meta on map;Wait for daily reset for hearts again to repeat the same thing again per zone.Especially if you have 0 of these, it's going to be super long and tedious.

With this, players are forced to return and farm in every LWS4 map this might leads to higher population per maps for awhile, so if you feels like your alts are too weak i suggest just get them quick trash gears then join them rather than solo. I too have to utilize 9 alts, Jahai is one of the easiest map to get full 250 first.

That sickening "crunch" you hear is many players slamming headlong into this barrier, especially the Mistborn Motes.

Also, how the HELL does this make sense? For the Roller Beetle, we brought in a few things and Gorrik managed to craft a floating, high-tech saddle for us. But the saddle for the creature we've shown we can ride without any saddle at all needs huge amounts of resources? From a storytelling front, this is absolutely horrid.

@Eros.6801 said:

@Blur.3465 said:Oh dear...I...I don't even know...There's a problem if you just main ONE character and not a ton of alts too...and I am maining one character indeed, where all my alts are just waaaaaaaaaay behind in absolutely everything, untouched and just there for armor to show off...meaning I won't even be able to use my alts to help me out in this.I used to have a lot of these mats, but I consumed them for volatile magic, assuming I'll never need them outside of merchants per zone.This just made me feel dizzy and very destroyed...

With this, players are forced to return and farm in every LWS4 map this might leads to higher population per maps for awhile, so if you feels like your alts are too weak i suggest just get them quick trash gears then join them rather than solo. I too have to utilize 9 alts, Jahai is one of the easiest map to get full 250 first.

Thanks, I'll definitely be busy these days with farming for sure and I have no intentions to give up!Time to nudge a few friends to get to this so we can farm it together.

@"Ronharshadow.5246" said:The mount is not aurora, it is not a legendary item. Honestly maybe half the map currency requirement (or 50-100) and maybe ppl might think "oh its not a whole stack, one or two alts can help!"

But it still replaces it as the capstone reward for the LS season. It essentially plays the exact same roll.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:is this something crafted that can be sold?

No. You go to each of the VM vendors (plus Elisa in the Desert maps) and purchase an item for 250 map currency. After that the step completed and you go to NE Jahai to unlock the
final
collection.

WTH...?! I don't have 250 if each currency, because I only store what I need (and am certain I am not the only one who does). I always consume the items for magic instead, except Blood Rubies (LWS3) and Kralkatite (LWS4) and the new Mist Motes. What a drag. Now I know how the people must feel who did not hoard Charged Quartz.

What, why would you limit yourself to 250 of each map currency...since it goes to your wallet and has unlimited storage space, not saying I have 250 of each(though I probably do since I almost never use them for anything other than the portal stone for that episode, because I find almost nothing else of use or interest for those things).

They dont go into your wallet all the map currencies from s3 and 4 are in the material storge.

@"Palador.2170" said:That sickening "crunch" you hear is many players slamming headlong into this barrier, especially the Mistborn Motes.

Also, how the HELL does this make sense? For the Roller Beetle, we brought in a few things and Gorrik managed to craft a floating, high-tech saddle for us. But the saddle for the creature we've shown we can ride without any saddle at all needs huge amounts of resources? From a storytelling front, this is absolutely horrid.

I have over a stack of them and I haven't even played for the last 4 days... All it takes is a couple meta events.

Also this is the same situation we've had for Aurora ;) I definitely expected as much for the end of the season, so I don't have to farm anything. My storage is perfectly balanced at 250 of each just in case :)

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@"Miellyn.6847" said:You want ANet to communicate more but rage at every occassion. MMORPG communities continue to be the worst with developer communication.

This is certainly true but I for one greatly appreciate that anet has moved towards being more open in its communications with players over the past several months. There will always be players who -- either honestly or intentionally-- misinterpret what they say. But having the information out there is still far better than leaving everyone to guess . . .

it would be great if they talk before and not after a release and then saying "our bad, we will be better in the future". they are not new in the business.in other MMOs this doesnt happen, because auf PTR and/or Betatest.

No? Anthem, Fallout 76 both come to mind...I'll stick with Gw2

You can use the tome and pages to simply port your other toons in. Do a map complete. If a meta is up do that.

@Neworder.7981 said:Well, I have been looking around for another game to play, this has just pushed me to pick one sooner rather than later. Pity really as I have time to play ( 7,257hrs over 686 days) and disposable income to spend.

7,257 hours and after all these years you never considered to keep a minimum stock of materials on hand? Especially after Aurora and Season 3? I kind of get new players being affected but veterans?

Well guess only thing left is to wish you well and good luck.