Well actually it's pretty easy to guess what's next as there are few options left, but also the location of the newest map "Dragonfall" teases it.
We could have ended up anywhere after getting out of the Mists, however we crash landed far out at the beginning of the Unending Ocean, in other words right on DSD's doorstep.
Not only that, but the island that was created there because of it is made up of piecess of the Mists, add to that all that's happened during the episode and it's certain it will attract the DSD's attention.
Personally I find that interesting, as I think the DSD is the most dangerous of all the Elder Dragons. Why? Because it's element is Water. So imgine for a moment where we find ourselves in a situation where all water becomes corrupted and turns anyone who drinks it into minions of the DSD. I mean all life is in danger as nearly every living oraganism in existance requires water to survive, be it animals or plants. Yeah it would be interesting to find the world in a situation where you either become a slave to the DSD or die of dehydration. I bet Taimi could come up with a way to filter the water to make it drinkable, but if the corruption were to reach global scale there would be no way to save everyone from it.
However let's forget about that and talk about what new features could come with the conflict with the DSD:
- First the obvious i.e. an Exclusive DSD Dye Kit, as it's the only Elder Drakon Kit we don't have yet.
- Possibly 2nd gen Aquatic Legendary Weapons - I mean why not?
- This would also be the best time to introduce a Legendary Aquabreather, like it could be a collection requiring all 6 season 5 episodes unlocked, just like it was with Aurora and season 3.
- An Aquatic Mount i.e. one that we can ride underwater, since there won't be any 3rd expac so far, meaning we will continue with more PoF masteries, so another mount is certainly coming along.
- Possibly Aquatic only Elite Specs, if this were introduced then they would probably be unlocked for players that have either HoT or PoF unlocked, just like with the Revenant profession, not to mention we have enough Hero Points to master a 2nd Elite Spec by having either of them so it wouldn't be a problem for those who lack one or the other. And while Elite Specs normally are introduced with expansions this situation is different, as most players would not be keen on paying extra for aquatic only Elites, so intoducing them with LW5 would be a far better option.
So what does everyone else think? Is it time we get to know the DSD better? And if so what other possibilities do you think it will open?