The Skyscale Saddle - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Skyscale Saddle

Comments

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

Oh dear...
    I...I don't even know...
    There's a problem if you just main ONE character and not a ton of alts too...and I am maining one character indeed, where all my alts are just waaaaaaaaaay behind in absolutely everything, untouched and just there for armor to show off...meaning I won't even be able to use my alts to help me out in this.
    I used to have a lot of these mats, but I consumed them for volatile magic, assuming I'll never need them outside of merchants per zone.
    This just made me feel dizzy and very destroyed...

So this is just repeatable things over and over...
    Do hearts > Do events > Do meta on map;
    Wait for daily reset for hearts again to repeat the same thing again per zone.
    Especially if you have 0 of these, it's going to be super long and tedious.

Mind you, I have finished Nevermore faster than Skyscale now...

• Zaklex.6308Zaklex.6308 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    is this something crafted that can be sold?

No. You go to each of the VM vendors (plus Elisa in the Desert maps) and purchase an item for 250 map currency. After that the step completed and you go to NE Jahai to unlock the final collection.

WTH...?! I don't have 250 if each currency, because I only store what I need (and am certain I am not the only one who does). I always consume the items for magic instead, except Blood Rubies (LWS3) and Kralkatite (LWS4) and the new Mist Motes. What a drag. Now I know how the people must feel who did not hoard Charged Quartz.

What, why would you limit yourself to 250 of each map currency...since it goes to your wallet/storage and has unlimited storage space, not saying I have 250 of each(though I probably do since I almost never use them for anything other than the portal stone for that episode, because I find almost nothing else of use or interest for those things).

Yes...no...maybe...what do you want, can't you see I'm busy saving the world...AGAIN!

• Nemezijus.6851Nemezijus.6851 Member ✭✭✭

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:
    The mount is not aurora, it is not a legendary item. Honestly maybe half the map currency requirement (or 50-100) and maybe ppl might think "oh its not a whole stack, one or two alts can help!"

Of course it's not.
    One is something that you can use accountwide on all your characters and can customize the colors in your own preference, let alone future skins. And it adds extra mobility to your movement.
    The other is... well just a shiny which you can keep only on one character and it looks the same on you as it does on everyone else.

If anything Skyscale >>> Aurora functionality wise and 250 of each currency is a reasonable request if you compare it with Aurora

• yoni.7015yoni.7015 Member ✭✭✭

It is actually easy and fast to farm the currencies. I thought we might ger something similar to Aurora and farmed them before. You can do PvP reward tracks as well.

• Eros.6801Eros.6801 Member ✭✭✭

@Blur.3465 said:
    Oh dear...
    I...I don't even know...
    There's a problem if you just main ONE character and not a ton of alts too...and I am maining one character indeed, where all my alts are just waaaaaaaaaay behind in absolutely everything, untouched and just there for armor to show off...meaning I won't even be able to use my alts to help me out in this.
    I used to have a lot of these mats, but I consumed them for volatile magic, assuming I'll never need them outside of merchants per zone.

With this, players are forced to return and farm in every LWS4 map this might leads to higher population per maps for awhile, so if you feels like your alts are too weak i suggest just get them quick trash gears then join them rather than solo. I too have to utilize 9 alts, Jahai is one of the easiest map to get full 250 first.

MEH !!!

• Blur.3465Blur.3465 Member ✭✭✭

@Eros.6801 said:

@Blur.3465 said:
    Oh dear...
    I...I don't even know...

With this, players are forced to return and farm in every LWS4 map this might leads to higher population per maps for awhile, so if you feels like your alts are too weak i suggest just get them quick trash gears then join them rather than solo. I too have to utilize 9 alts, Jahai is one of the easiest map to get full 250 first.

Thanks, I'll definitely be busy these days with farming for sure and I have no intentions to give up!
    Time to nudge a few friends to get to this so we can farm it together.

• Mil.3562Mil.3562 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

Post deleted. Got my answer :P

• ragingpuma.4618ragingpuma.4618 Member ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

@Lahmia.2193 said:
    I have 13 characters... I best get heart farming.

me too but they all need to get updated in the storymode :(. I also need to learn how to play them considering i only just came back to the game from years of not playing. But i was planning to do that anyway after i got the new mount.

@ragingpuma.4618 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

me too but they all need to get updated in the storymode :(

Why? All you need is lvl 80 characters and the portal scroll/tp to friend to go to the map and do hearts/events.

• @Nemezijus.6851 said:

@ragingpuma.4618 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:

me too but they all need to get updated in the storymode :(

Why? All you need is lvl 80 characters and the portal scroll/tp to friend to go to the map and do hearts/events.

really? oh good

• JustTrogdor.7892JustTrogdor.7892 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

Now I think I see why they added the Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat that lets you instantly complete the nearest Skyscale Lost collection item on the map. Many people will probably want to spend more time farming the map currencies instead of time on Troublesome Skyscales. :)

• You riding a dragon that allows you to fly, ofcourse it's going to cost you. It's way better then a legendary.

Having said that it will take a long time to farm that many mats.

• Klipso.8653Klipso.8653 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:
    The mount is not aurora, it is not a legendary item. Honestly maybe half the map currency requirement (or 50-100) and maybe ppl might think "oh its not a whole stack, one or two alts can help!"

But it still replaces it as the capstone reward for the LS season. It essentially plays the exact same roll.

-Balwarc [ICoa]

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    is this something crafted that can be sold?

No. You go to each of the VM vendors (plus Elisa in the Desert maps) and purchase an item for 250 map currency. After that the step completed and you go to NE Jahai to unlock the final collection.

WTH...?! I don't have 250 if each currency, because I only store what I need (and am certain I am not the only one who does). I always consume the items for magic instead, except Blood Rubies (LWS3) and Kralkatite (LWS4) and the new Mist Motes. What a drag. Now I know how the people must feel who did not hoard Charged Quartz.

What, why would you limit yourself to 250 of each map currency...since it goes to your wallet and has unlimited storage space, not saying I have 250 of each(though I probably do since I almost never use them for anything other than the portal stone for that episode, because I find almost nothing else of use or interest for those things).

They dont go into your wallet all the map currencies from s3 and 4 are in the material storge.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

Oh my, just a few more days, or one, or... who knows. ;)

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Palador.2170 said:
    That sickening "crunch" you hear is many players slamming headlong into this barrier, especially the Mistborn Motes.

Also, how the HELL does this make sense? For the Roller Beetle, we brought in a few things and Gorrik managed to craft a floating, high-tech saddle for us. But the saddle for the creature we've shown we can ride without any saddle at all needs huge amounts of resources? From a storytelling front, this is absolutely horrid.

I have over a stack of them and I haven't even played for the last 4 days... All it takes is a couple meta events.

Also this is the same situation we've had for Aurora ;) I definitely expected as much for the end of the season, so I don't have to farm anything. My storage is perfectly balanced at 250 of each just in case :)

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Miellyn.6847 said:
    You want ANet to communicate more but rage at every occassion. MMORPG communities continue to be the worst with developer communication.

This is certainly true but I for one greatly appreciate that anet has moved towards being more open in its communications with players over the past several months. There will always be players who -- either honestly or intentionally-- misinterpret what they say. But having the information out there is still far better than leaving everyone to guess . . .

it would be great if they talk before and not after a release and then saying "our bad, we will be better in the future". they are not new in the business.
    in other MMOs this doesnt happen, because auf PTR and/or Betatest.

No? Anthem, Fallout 76 both come to mind...I'll stick with Gw2

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

@Blur.3465 said:
    Oh dear...
    I...I don't even know...

You can use the tome and pages to simply port your other toons in. Do a map complete. If a meta is up do that.

• Neworder.7981Neworder.7981 Member ✭✭

Well, I have been looking around for another game to play, this has just pushed me to pick one sooner rather than later. Pity really as I have time to play ( 7,257hrs over 686 days) and disposable income to spend.

@Neworder.7981 said:
    Well, I have been looking around for another game to play, this has just pushed me to pick one sooner rather than later. Pity really as I have time to play ( 7,257hrs over 686 days) and disposable income to spend.

Just because you couldn't get an optional mount as fast as you would have liked? Too bad.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

@Neworder.7981 said:

7,257 hours and after all these years you never considered to keep a minimum stock of materials on hand? Especially after Aurora and Season 3? I kind of get new players being affected but veterans?

Well guess only thing left is to wish you well and good luck.

• Knighthonor.4061Knighthonor.4061 Member ✭✭✭✭

this kind of have me fearful of the next mount they add. will it be this grindy and take me away from gameplay I like doing for days/weeks/months?

@Knighthonor.4061 said:
    this kind of have me fearful of the next mount they add. will it be this grindy and take me away from gameplay I like doing for days/weeks/months?

No. It's a prestige mount like the Griffon and they called it such in their latest post about it. This just comes in place of a 250g requirement. It's still more like the beetle.

Their big mistake was not saying "prestige mount" when they advertised it before.

My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Neworder.7981Neworder.7981 Member ✭✭

@Nemezijus.6851 said:

@Neworder.7981 said:

Just because you couldn't get an optional mount as fast as you would have liked? Too bad.

No, just because i'm being forced to replay maps/ hearts, like i said i have the time. Just don't force something on me. I did say this was the final push been a few things that got me looking around. btw speed of acquisition has nothing to do with it..

@Cyninja.2954 I started just before PoF Cy, Just running round maps, never settled on a main. have 17 character slots had more than that in char's though. Most have at least ascended trinkets a few are fully ascended. Dabbled with fractals and WvW, never looked at raids. Like the look of some legendary weapons but never been pulled enough to do such big collections. If I wanted one so badly I'd look into buying one off the TP. btw looking for another game doesn't mean uninstalling this one still have to at least login ever day..

@Neworder.7981 said:

@Nemezijus.6851 said:

@Neworder.7981 said:

No, just because i'm being forced to replay maps/ hearts, like i said i have the time. Just don't force something on me. I did say this was the final push been a few things that got me looking around. btw speed of acquisition has nothing to do with it..

@Cyninja.2954 I started just before PoF Cy, Just running round maps, never settled on a main. have 17 character slots had more than that in char's though. Most have at least ascended trinkets a few are fully ascended. Dabbled with fractals and WvW, never looked at raids. Like the look of some legendary weapons but never been pulled enough to do such big collections. If I wanted one so badly I'd look into buying one off the TP. btw looking for another game doesn't mean uninstalling this one still have to at least login ever day..

Fair enough, but with this amount of time spent since PoF, and this amount of available characters, you are looking at maybe 4 days of material farm (assuming 50-60 map material per day, for the maps which have a cap). You could even leave 1-2 characters per map and just log in 1nce, run around the map harvesting nodes, and log out. That's not counting things like the new map which basically throws map currency at one (which could be converted into VM and used to purchase additional Episode 1-5 currencies at 5 per day).

@Neworder.7981 said:

@Nemezijus.6851 said:

@Neworder.7981 said:

But that's the thing - you don't have to! Its an OPTIONAL mount. You don't need it to progress story, or do meta in the new map or anything for that matter. Do things at your own pace and the currencies will accumulate in your storage. Even the jumping puzzle part can be overcome by crafting items, when you have enough gold just buy some and skip the JPs if you dont want to do it. I really don't see how you are forced to do this? If it would block any progress then I would understand.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:
    An entire stack for each LS4 map currency.... WTH this is beyond ridiculous and if ONLY we were warned to start farming and everything.
    Not to mention those who are just unlucky enough to not get the entire LS4 looks like they have to buy more gems to get that mount!

Well to be fair, they did offer each S4 episode for free over the past month'ish, and Aurora (the S3 legendary trinket) also required you to visit each S3 map, so it isn't as unreasonable as it sounds.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Mil.3562 said:
    In summary, you'll need the following for the Skyscale Saddle :

1. 35 Gold

Anyone keeping count? The Devs said they wanted to make sure this mount wasn't a huge gold sink like the Griffon, but at one point the Grow Map was selling for about 50-65g, and with those two steps alone, you're 1/3rd the way there....

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

1. 35 Gold

Anyone keeping count? The Devs said they wanted to make sure this mount wasn't a huge gold sink like the Griffon, but at one point the Grow Map was selling for about 50-65g, and with those two steps alone, you're 1/3rd the way there....

That's because technically you don't have to spend any gold on that item. However, you need to buy several items for a few gold, I think it adds up to about 12g. So 47g and quartz.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Mil.3562 said:

1. 35 Gold

The Grow Lamp currently costs around 15 gold to craft, that is with still higher than usual prices. If people want to pay TP premiums, that is up to each individual (and those 55-60 gold were day 1 prices, dropping to sub 40 gold on day 2 and down to average 35 gold currently).

• Menadena.7482Menadena.7482 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Uhkam.2164 said:

@Ronharshadow.5246 said:

This. Make it 50 or 100 for each map except Istan which can still stay as 250 (given each heart gives 25 in Istan so it's easier to get that 250).

You do not need the hearts. Or even to visit all of the S4 zones. Just find someone with all the nodes in their home instance and you will get ~3 of each per day. Yes, that is about 3 months but is next to no time for each mat and you can do other stuff with your time like event farming for the gold.

New to the game? Feel free to give a yell if you need PVE help.

@Zaklex.6308 said:
    What, why would you limit yourself to 250 of each map currency...since it goes to your wallet and has unlimited storage space, not saying I have 250 of each(though I probably do since I almost never use them for anything other than the portal stone for that episode, because I find almost nothing else of use or interest for those things).

They are not wallet currencies.

@Palador.2170 said:
    That sickening "crunch" you hear is many players slamming headlong into this barrier, especially the Mistborn Motes.

Also, how the HELL does this make sense? For the Roller Beetle, we brought in a few things and Gorrik managed to craft a floating, high-tech saddle for us. But the saddle for the creature we've shown we can ride without any saddle at all needs huge amounts of resources? From a storytelling front, this is absolutely horrid.

From a storytelling front there are many things that do not make sense. Like why can we not start in on the collection right after Aurene introduces us to the Skyscales?

@Ash.5274 said:
    Said it before in one of the innumerable Skyscale threads, all Anet had to do was let people know what was involved beforehand, ideally during that preview stream, with a brief blog post here echoing the details. That's all. There would still be complaints of course, because there are always are, but at this point any good or positivity coming from the potential of a new mount is being washed away by the deluge of anger, disappointment and frustration. What a shame.

The result would have been similar. People who watched the stream would have immediately changed the value of trade-able materials on the TP. We would be in a similar situation as with the Superior Sigil of Nullification and the Requiem armor (which surprise surprise has dropped significantly since its introduction).

Now one could argue that they could have hinted at requirements for Living World Season 4 materials, since those do take a few days to farm. Or at the very least let people know at the beginning of the collection to start saving (would have made the time-gates actually useful). Then we have precedent though for needing before hand hints and information. Then the issue becomes: what should and what shouldn't be told, etc. etc.

• Ash.5274Ash.5274 Member ✭✭

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Ash.5274 said:
    Said it before in one of the innumerable Skyscale threads, all Anet had to do was let people know what was involved beforehand, ideally during that preview stream, with a brief blog post here echoing the details. That's all. There would still be complaints of course, because there are always are, but at this point any good or positivity coming from the potential of a new mount is being washed away by the deluge of anger, disappointment and frustration. What a shame.

The result would have been similar. People who watched the stream would have immediately changed the value of trade-able materials on the TP. We would be in a similar situation as with the Superior Sigil of Nullification and the Requiem armor (which surprise surprise has dropped significantly since its introduction).

Now one could argue that they could have hinted at requirements for Living World Season 4 materials, since those do take a few days to farm. Or at the very least let people know at the beginning of the collection to start saving (would have made the time-gates actually useful). Then we have precedent though for needing before hand hints and information. Then the issue becomes: what should and what shouldn't be told, etc. etc.

The two points I think they absolutely should have made beforehand are 1) It will take you around a week to unlock the Skyscale, and 2) a heads-up about the requirements for the saddle. No need to potentially spoil things by revealing too much, but enough to say 'you have a few days before the patch drops, start prepping.'

• DarkForcE.9210DarkForcE.9210 Member ✭✭
    edited May 21, 2019

Totally silly if we can get over Aurora crafting and this happens...

why people complain about LS4 map currency where you can spend 420 Volatile Magic each day to buy 5 of each LS4 currency per day from NPC at 20 each (Kralkatite Ore costs 4 each)

How to buy? Talk to Volatile Magic Vendor and select "Curious Stones from Afar" tab

excluded new LS4 map currency (which you all have over 250 as of now I believe), total of 50 days and 21,000 Volatile Magic needed from scratch if you don't want to farm them...

Farm heart, home nodes, and field nodes for good lump sum of extra currency

(but seriously... this mount get treated like wealthy person, compare to other mounts eating dog snack food lolol)

• Miellyn.6847Miellyn.6847 Member ✭✭✭

@Ash.5274 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Ash.5274 said:

The two points I think they absolutely should have made beforehand are 1) It will take you around a week to unlock the Skyscale, and 2) a heads-up about the requirements for the saddle. No need to potentially spoil things by revealing too much, but enough to say 'you have a few days before the patch drops, start prepping.'

They kinda did imply that all maps are needed. They gave away all 5 episodes for free before releasing Episode 6. Also there was Aurora and the chance that something similiar will happen at the end of this season.
    And why should they have any interest that players burn through content and leave quickly afterwards?

• Cynder.2509Cynder.2509 Member ✭✭✭

Well... time to make use of these 35+ characters again...

I'm Hunter, he/him/they
    Check out my Tumblr for more GW2 content if you want: http://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/
    Character infos: https://is-it-because-im-charr.tumblr.com/characters

• Arzurag.7506Arzurag.7506 Member ✭✭✭

@kurfu.5623 said:

Are you starting to feel like a poodle at a dog show being made to jump through endless hoops to get a stale cookie yet?

That's exactly how it feels like.^^
    Hopefully, more ppl voice their concerns and anet feels inclined to make further changes.
    Even dropping the amount to 200 per currency would be fine.

"I´m not big on sermons, Broken bones teach better lessons."

• Zalani.9827Zalani.9827 Member ✭✭✭

I don’t know what I did with everything but I somehow have zero of ls4 mats aside from some mistonium and the motes lol.

What map mat would you guys say is the best to get out of the way via trading?

Jadis Narnia, Sylvari Ranger of [VoS]

Praise Joko!

@FONGORE.7410 said:
    I'm just done & over trying to get this mount. Not going to grind out 250 of each of those map currency. Especially since Anet once said & advertised its not ok to make players grind. Just gonna go spend my time elsewhere.

Just find someone who has all the S4 home nodes when they do their dailies, 3 times as fast as buying from the merchant and it does not inhale gold. I will try to remember to start putting up a LFG listing when I am about to make my dayend run.

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.