Please revert warhorn life leech back to normal damage..

Ghoulify.8027

As a PvE power Reaper I've been abusing the swarm right before I went into shroud so those damage ticks would also get +600 Ferocity boost. Now as life leech;

1. Doesn't crit -> No ferocity effect
  2. Doesn't siphon through shroud

I do like the change that it takes half the time to finish the swarm ticks.Offhand focus is in my opinion lame to use in PvE content (Unless you really need a boon corrupt, even with the change to bouncing scythe skill the damage numbers still aren't that great.

@LucianDK.8615 said:I think you are overlooking that focus 4 is a fairly bursty lifeforce regain compared to locust swarm, and available a lot more often.

And also has one of the most annoying aftercasts ever sadly enough.. If they would revert the change to warhorn we could've profited from new our +10% damage at close range trait + damage against chilled + damage against targets below 50%, scholar runes, etc. etc..I don't find myself running out of shroud that much at all so don't really care about the bursty life force gain, I prefer my daze CC over the limited use focus 5 skill anytime aswel.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Entering shroud ends some aftercasts, so it doesnt seem that bad.

I understand what you mean, but you want to throw a well of suffering before you enter shroud so you can maximize your ferocity gain on the background damage ticking and thus increasing your DPS overall.. not possible with the aftercast of focus 4, if you go warhorn 5 you can instantly throw your well after it and enter shroud so ferocity increase on both swarm and well.. at least that's how it used to work b4, not possible anymore.. sad face..

@LucianDK.8615 said:What sustain? Old locust swarm did not heal.

Old Locust Swarm sustained Shroud better due to better spacing on the life force gains. Healing isn't all there is to Necro sustain. Plus, old Locust Swarm did better indirectly at sustain due to the larger radius and cripple keeping the ticks rolling more easily (as well as everything else you did).

• 4 weeks later...

What I discovered today is that WH 5 and focus 4 not only can't crit, not only don't apply "on hit" effects (like vampiric traits), but also kills with them don't count towards weapon master achievements! Now that's just silly xD

@"Faish.4238" said:What I discovered today is that WH 5 and focus 4 not only can't crit, not only don't apply "on hit" effects (like vampiric traits), but also kills with them don't count towards weapon master achievements! Now that's just silly xDSo no warhorn achievement for necros because it can not deal "real" damage... it's getting better and better with these poor reworks.

@"Faish.4238" said:What I discovered today is that WH 5 and focus 4 not only can't crit, not only don't apply "on hit" effects (like vampiric traits), but also kills with them don't count towards weapon master achievements! Now that's just silly xD

We join the Warrior club of not being able to complete warhorn kills.

@LucianDK.8615 said:I think you are overlooking that focus 4 is a fairly bursty lifeforce regain compared to locust swarm, and available a lot more often.

Not to mention Soul Grasp adds 5 Vulnerability per use which gives and additional 10-20% crit chance if you're running Decimate Defences, and it steals a significant amount of health compared to basic lifesteal.And of course there's Spinal Shivers which can remove upto 3 boons dealing increased damage per boon and applies chill.Since the OP clearly stated they're running a reaper too that means they are using the trait Cold Shoulder which means that Spinal Shivers not only applies an extended 6s Chill effect per use but also means that they get a universal 15% damage increase against any chilled foe.. so that easily makes Focus a pretty great weapon for Necromancer in my book.