Nevermind the Timegate, Farmgate is waaay worse

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, I don't care anymore. This Skyscale has been a farce since it launched.I'm going to do it the super casual way and just buy 5 of each currency from the Volatile Magic vendor in Dragons Fall daily. Games are supposed to be fun. Implementing timegates and tedious grinds are the exact opposite of that. I'm in no rush for a mount that is inferior to the ones I already have, so at least I have this option of just slowly buying the currency and can go back to playing how I want to play.See you in 6~7 weeks Skyscale!

I would say that contributing aspect of the frustration was that this future requirement was unknown but remained hidden behind the timegate. And people likely would have used their time during that timegate more efficiently had they known about this upcoming requirement.

@"Kyumy.5370" said:Oh my God people never stops complaining. I'm starting to wonder if you guys really want to play this game in the end x)

It's that part of the community that don't want to actually play the game at all under the excuse of "they are casual"

The reason Time gating was bad is because it meant progression came to a full stop meaning players can't do anything at that point regardless of any other forms of farming they do. Farm gating is an excuse because people don't want to work to get what they want.

@MrRuin.9740 said:Meh, I don't care anymore. This Skyscale has been a farce since it launched.I'm going to do it the super casual way and just buy 5 of each currency from the Volatile Magic vendor in Dragons Fall daily. Games are supposed to be fun. Implementing timegates and tedious grinds are the exact opposite of that. I'm in no rush for a mount that is inferior to the ones I already have, so at least I have this option of just slowly buying the currency and can go back to playing how I want to play.See you in 6~7 weeks Skyscale!

Thanks for reminding me you can just buy them now. Even less of a thing to complain about now

The problem is when you've farmed them like there was no tomorrow before ... like me in this case.I used to live on these maps and farm like crazy!!!Now after consuming them all, I have to do it all over again, whyyyyyyyyy? :cry:

No I am not casual, yes I have been playing the game from GW1 to GW2 since the beginning, I don't mind farming or collecting things, I lived through the time-gate as I was in no rush, but having to repeat the same thing that I've done for X achievements, items and gold (currency for volatile magic - volatile magic for crates) is killing me again.Literally killing me. I used to farm LS3 currencies a lot, then LS4 currencies a ton!!!To put it lightly I'm a little frustrated right now, for had I known I never would've consumed them or wasted them for crates and gold x_x iiiiiiuhhh...it pains me to think of having to re-do all those hearts which I've done so many times all over again...

Oh and to add...I am still waiting to get Skyscale so I can properly play through the map. I had hoped I'd be able to obtain this beauty after feeding her and completing the jumping puzzles, but this 250 map currency per map is the biggest killer for me now as it's going to consume a lot of time and energy, draining me in every way...especially as I've done this so many times before...it feels like being sentenced to some punishment which keeps repeating and repeating... x_x

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Samnang.1879 said:for me jumping-puzzle-gate is my worst nightmare...

From what I understand you can buy the items? I would hate to have to do JPs but having to do all of the finale (with those flashing lights and the vertigo heights) was the showstopper for me.

You can skip all jumping puzzle related achieves on step 4. The price is around 4 gold per sub achievement skipped (some are very easy and literally just require you to walk somewhere), so you would have to invest around 80 additional gold (there is 21 sub-achieves and you get 1 free food item for skipping) if you literally want to skip the entire section.

Thanks, I have no problem with dropping more gold (I have 3 paid accounts and the login rewards tend to pile up) or spending the time. Even the 250 mats is no biggie as I have all the S4 nodes, the only one I probably do not have around 250 of is the new one. What gets me is the content gate: The blood collection and the final instance aggravate real world conditions for me and I am not about to trade that for a game item.

@Menadena.7482 said:

Thanks, I have no problem with dropping more gold (I have 3 paid accounts and the login rewards tend to pile up) or spending the time. Even the 250 mats is no biggie as I have all the S4 nodes, the only one I probably do not have around 250 of is the new one. What gets me is the content gate: The blood collection and the final instance aggravate real world conditions for me and I am not about to trade that for a game item.

which step we have to get 250 of map currencies?

@Crackmonster.2790 said:I get what you are saying i just wanna nitpick about one thing.

Lets say you make a game, where you can buy everything. Does this not affect the game for everyone that wants to earn it?

yes it does, it's not always win/win as you want to make it look like, i love the things that take effort unless its waaaaaaaay over the top or requires commitment to raid groups. If it's just about me putting in effort myself, i'm all for it.

This is a really good point. One of the great strengths of gw2 is that it offers a variety of rewards that require different types of assets to unlock. So there are things for ppl who want to spend a lot, who want to invest a lot of time, who want to do competitive content or 'high-end' pve things, even rng-only items are great. All of these different means of acquisition are good for the game bc it emphasizes that having all the things isn't the goal. The point is to do the things you like and then enjoy whatever rewards follow . . .

What makes the new mount not quite fall into that category is that it is story related, and anet has made clear that story-related content is intended for everyone. Happily, they created no obstacle to that in this case, which is why I continue to be mystified by the complaints about it. The highest hurdle to overcome in this collection is just access to all the LS4 maps, and I haven't really seen anyone complain about that at all . . .

@Samnang.1879 said:

I think people have said it is the 4th one? That might be wrong though. In any case, I would look to party up with someone who has all the S4 nodes ... you will get them 3 times as fast as just buying them and the only gold you will spend is on the gathering tools.

@Menadena.7482 said:

I think people have said it is the 4th one? That might be wrong though. In any case, I would look to party up with someone who has all the S4 nodes ... you will get them 3 times as fast as just buying them and the only gold you will spend is on the gathering tools.

:rip:i guess i wont be rushing "troublesome skyscales" then... 250 of each map is A LOT....and am not casual...

@Gop.8713 said:

@Crackmonster.2790 said:I get what you are saying i just wanna nitpick about one thing.

Lets say you make a game, where you can buy everything. Does this not affect the game for everyone that wants to earn it?

yes it does, it's not always win/win as you want to make it look like, i love the things that take effort unless its waaaaaaaay over the top or requires commitment to raid groups. If it's just about me putting in effort myself, i'm all for it.

This is a really good point. One of the great strengths of gw2 is that it offers a variety of rewards that require different types of assets to unlock. So there are things for ppl who want to spend a lot, who want to invest a lot of time, who want to do competitive content or 'high-end' pve things, even rng-only items are great. All of these different means of acquisition are good for the game bc it emphasizes that having all the things isn't the goal. The point is to do the things you like and then enjoy whatever rewards follow . . .

What makes the new mount not quite fall into that category is that it is story related, and anet has made clear that story-related content is intended for everyone. Happily, they created no obstacle to that in this case, which is why I continue to be mystified by the complaints about it. The highest hurdle to overcome in this collection is just access to all the LS4 maps, and I haven't really seen anyone complain about that at all . . .

Yes, there is some content I plain refuse to do (like raids) .... however given the rewards do not affect me in PVE I do not mind as much. The frustrating thing about this though is it is targeted at what I do and is still out of reach because of a couple of design decisions that affect me in RL and did not have to be made. I am just hoping in the future none of the open world content gives you a leg up if you have either of the flying mounts so they stay a 'fun but not giving advantages' thing.

@Samnang.1879 said:

:rip:i guess i wont be rushing "troublesome skyscales" then... 250 of each map is A LOT....and am not casual...

Yup...As I said in my previous posts, I used to live on the maps before and farm these for volatile magic to exchange for leather crates.I literally have to do it all over again.

I'd lie had I said this didn't make me feel sick and unmotivated now :D

@Genesis.8572 said:I would say that contributing aspect of the frustration was that this future requirement was unknown but remained hidden behind the timegate. And people likely would have used their time during that timegate more efficiently had they known about this upcoming requirement.

Completely agree. Feeling very discouraged now.

Edited to add: My beef is not that we need currencies, it's that if we had been told about this while we were twiddling our thumbs during the Skyscale timegates, we could have been acquiring what we needed versus spending time on things that were not needed for the Skyscale.

@Genesis.8572 said:I would say that contributing aspect of the frustration was that this future requirement was unknown but remained hidden behind the timegate. And people likely would have used their time during that timegate more efficiently had they known about this upcoming requirement.

This. I don't mind grinding these maps but would have liked to know I should be doing it when all I could do was feed the baby for 5 seconds each day this past weekend. Thankfully I thought this might be a requirement a few days ago and did start farming some, so I might actually be done today

@"Minna.7895" said:Why? Why do you hate casuals all of a sudden? Please at least give us alternatives for the 250 currency of each map (tradeable or better buyable for a fixed price in either gold or gems). You know I read the statement about lowering the timegates and wanted to vote with my wallet. I have a PSC lying around now, but not sure how and where (ANet?) to use it atm.

What? Anything farm-related is strictly casual thing. As a gamer who likes challenge, I detest any kind of farming and give it wide berth whenever possible. Things like "kill a mob with 3 strikes, rinse-repeat 100500 times" are as casual as they come. I would really like to see Skyscale gated with content equivalent to raids or 4tier fractals in difficulty, then I would like to see how casuals feel about it :D

@Blocki.4931 said:Implying that casuals are absoloutely unable to play on maps and get currency. 250 is not much. Half of that you can easily get in a single day without selling your life. Hint: This is not a race. If you are already on that step you must have rushed it from the start. That's not something a casual would do.

Yeah doubt most casuals have 6 hours a day to play. I just played all night and got lumps from 18 to 130. Using 10 characters and was a huge grindfest. That time couldn't have been spent doing meta events or WvW or something. But It would take months to unlock the mount that way.

@MoriMoriMori.5349 said:

@"Minna.7895" said:Why? Why do you hate casuals all of a sudden? Please at least give us alternatives for the 250 currency of each map (tradeable or better buyable for a fixed price in either gold or gems). You know I read the statement about lowering the timegates and wanted to vote with my wallet. I have a PSC lying around now, but not sure how and where (ANet?) to use it atm.

What? Anything farm-related is strictly casual thing. As a
gamer
who likes challenge, I detest any kind of farming and give it wide berth whenever possible. Things like "kill a mob with 3 strikes, rinse-repeat 100500 times" are as casual as they come. I would really like to see Skyscale gated with content equivalent to raids or 4tier fractals in difficulty, then I would like to see how casuals feel about it :D

Maybe I did not make myself clear on that one... Im casual timewise, not all that much else... I raid too, just not every week till lootcap... so 1k magnetite chards i would have stored just not grindy stuff like map currency. I usually play content i enjoy it the time i have, in that sense im casual... its not like i don't wanna put efford into obtaining a mount at all...but since when do mounts count as legendary weapons or something? (And even there you can usually buy the grindiest part and just have to do the other stuff)My limit on efford with stuff i don't enjoy was reached lets say on day3 or so.

i wish they gave some kinda heads up how progressively worse and worse the collection gets. im like 75% done but if knew i needed 20+ charged quartz and 250 of each map currency (which i consumed many of not too long ago because how tf was i suppose to know i would need for a goddang mount?) i would have not even started the collections to begin with.

but now that im close i feel obligated to finish and then take a few months off from the game