Fix balance disparity between classes please.

Devs maybe when u get a chance can u evaluate the balance disparity between classes such as firebrand,scourge,soulbeast,holo/scrapper and spellbreaker as compared to the rest of the specs? Maybe shaving these down to be more in line with other specs might change this perma meta as well as add class and build diversity to the competitive modes of your game. Maybe let them draw ur attention for a bit.

Game is working has devs want, they only nerf something that is useless already or there’s masss complain about something, sadly game is ment to playboverperformance builds and classes.

Expect more aoe spam, easier and faster gimmicks next expansion....

It's not like Mirage, Chrono, Reaper, Weaver, Thief in general, Berserker, Herald are far away from the specs you claim have a huge power advantage. Put a competent player behind the wheel of any of these specs and you will crush. Many of these implied 'leftover' are far better than monster specs like Scourge/FB in environments like un-organized ranked queue, or other situations too. We're just a few balance tweaks from re-shuffling the top 6 commonly seen specs that will be moaned about instead.

The only specs that are really objectively trapped by a power disadvantage are things like: Most core specs, Dragonhunter, Druid, Renegade, Tempest. There's really not a lot.. hopefully some uplifting tweaks to these as well as more shaves to the top 12 popular specs (not just the top 6).

As nice as it would be to have real balance & build diversity in gw2 pvp/wvw, it really seems like the meta has been set in stone and wont be changed again. FB, Scourge, engi and Herald will continue to dominate any other competition. Even though you can play as other specs and do well with them, in many situations you are just limiting your effectiveness. If you want group support, FB is the best, no question about it. If you want condi, boon stripping/corrupting, and point control? scourge is the best, no question about it. Power dps? Play herald. Scrapper if you need a bunker, holo to fill empty spots since they can play almost any role.

@"Paradoxoglanis.1904" said:As nice as it would be to have real balance & build diversity in gw2 pvp/wvw, it really seems like the meta has been set in stone and wont be changed again. FB, Scourge, engi and Herald will continue to dominate any other competition. Even though you can play as other specs and do well with them, in many situations you are just limiting your effectiveness. If you want group support, FB is the best, no question about it. If you want condi, boon stripping/corrupting, and point control? scourge is the best, no question about it. Power dps? Play herald. Scrapper if you need a bunker, holo to fill empty spots since they can play almost any role.

This claim, that the "meta won't be changed again" is silly.

Scourge/FB is a good point but Necro has always been paired with an ele post D/D era. Just that it's now Necro with Guardian instead of ele.

But now let's move on to your holo/scrapper/herald claim. I'd like to remind that a few months ago Chronobunker and Soulbeast and even bunker-bruiser Spellbreaker were considered top-tier side noders instead of Scrapper. Holo was in a weird spot few months ago where it wasn't the best but it was above average. In fact it feels a bit like that ATM.

Herald is a good point but honestly Anet has the power to squish it at any given moment. Let's not kid ourselves here when we say Herald is a delicate spec.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:This claim, that the "meta won't be changed again" is silly.

Scourge/FB is a good point but Necro has always been paired with an ele post D/D era. Just that it's now Necro with Guardian instead of ele.

But now let's move on to your holo/scrapper/herald claim. I'd like to remind that a few months ago Chronobunker and Soulbeast and even bunker-bruiser Spellbreaker were considered top-tier side noders instead of Scrapper. Holo was in a weird spot few months ago where it wasn't the best but it was above average. In fact it feels a bit like that ATM.

Herald is a good point but honestly Anet has the power to squish it at any given moment. Let's not kid ourselves here when we say Herald is a delicate spec.

Again, I havent claimed anything as undeniable fact. I am merely stating that the meta has been run, more or less by those 4 classes in pvp and wvw for a long time.

@Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:This claim, that the "meta won't be changed again" is silly.

Again, I havent claimed anything as undeniable fact. I am merely stating that the meta has been run, more or less by those 4 classes in pvp and wvw for a long time.

Engi as a top4 dominant class in WvW as well for a long time? Anyone want to fact check this

@Chaith.8256 said:

Engi as a top4 dominant class in WvW as well for a long time? Anyone want to fact check this

Not really. Holo has been a good roamer for a while, but not "dominant" like mirage or thief have been in the past.

In larger comped fights engi was virtually nonexistent until support scrapper became a thing after the reworks (purity of purpose, medkit, scrapper gyros).

So no, engi being "dominant" in WvW is a recent thing for sure.

@"coro.3176" said:

So no, engi being "dominant" in WvW is a recent thing for sure.

Support scrapper has been pretty much a requirement in zerg fights for nearly a year.

@Chaith.8256 said:

I played, and played with support scrappers for nearly 8 months every night. They are a requirement for any party that wants insane amounts of condi cleanse, multiple skills applying superspeed, and they have one of, if not the highest heal rate in the game, which is incredibly important for keeping party hp topped up.

think it's already discussed multiple times, the general consensus from the community is PoF elites specs seem to be designed from PoF PvE content from ground up to handle pressure from large number of mobs, hence they are so imbalanced in PvP situations; and it's going to be a huge pain for the devs to retune them

Whereas HoT elite specs were designed from the perspective to handle single target raid boss, hence they arent as imbalanced compared to PoF specs

i think most people will agree is we need a huge dmg nerf to all classes and elite specs to wind back the massive power creep we've had for the past couple of years

@Chaith.8256 said:It's not like Mirage, Chrono, Reaper, Weaver, Thief in general, Berserker, Herald are far away from the specs you claim have a huge power advantage. Put a competent player behind the wheel of any of these specs and you will crush. Many of these implied 'leftover' are far better than monster specs like Scourge/FB in environments like un-organized ranked queue, or other situations too. We're just a few balance tweaks from re-shuffling the top 6 commonly seen specs that will be moaned about instead.

The only specs that are really objectively trapped by a power disadvantage are things like: Most core specs, Dragonhunter, Druid, Renegade, Tempest. There's really not a lot.. hopefully some uplifting tweaks to these as well as more shaves to the top 12 popular specs (not just the top 6).

This is not correct. If I use S tier - D model rating, with S being Over performing and D not viable.

All core builds except guardian and thief is a D. Renegade is a D. Any condi build except scourge and mirage is D.Core guardian, berserker, DH, tempest, condi mirage, scepter weaver, DD brawler (staff or sword) and deadeye are C.Weaver sword, reaper, DD decapper, core thief and are B.Rev, scrapper, scourge and soul beast are A.Holo, FB and SB are S.

Anything below A level is underperforming. The B ones have a fighting chance, but everything else does not. So we have 7 highly competitive builds? And good luck with few tweaks. The S tier has been locked for almost a year now, with only soul beast moving down to A with removal of boon beast. And the movement in A was removing core guardian, deadeye and mirage from A and putting scrapper instead.

The balance is shit and diversity is non-existent. So let’s not sugarcoat it. The devs have been doing very poor work for the last few month.

@crepuscular.9047 said:think it's already discussed multiple times, the general consensus from the community is PoF elites specs seem to be designed from PoF PvE content from ground up to handle pressure from large number of mobs, hence they are so imbalanced in PvP situations; and it's going to be a huge pain for the devs to retune them

Whereas HoT elite specs were designed from the perspective to handle single target raid boss, hence they arent as imbalanced compared to PoF specs

i think most people will agree is we need a huge dmg nerf to all classes and elite specs to wind back the massive power creep we've had for the past couple of years

I actually like this observation. Never thought of the PoF and HoT classes like that. Doesn't mean it's any better for us PvPers, but it, at least, gives us insight on WHY everything is so damn AOE based in PoF and at bigger radius's.

@Aza.2105 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:they working on that I think, with the tradeoffs

I don't think it will work well. But I guess its worth a shot.

Anet is not fair they won’t create fine trade offs on classes they want overperforming in damage output.

It will end for sure in placebos.

In 6 years they failed to make gw2 as good gw1 pvp was and even gw1 had its own gimmicks and metas... game player skill is still far away by miles, gw2 compared with that still the lamers and scrubs pvp mmo not only for the lack of decent iteration on skill and class design but the pvp game mode itself.