30000 damage on a 4 second cooldown with 45% stealth uptime

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure SB is dangerous if you just leave em sit. Apply ANY amount of competent pressure to them and they fold up like wet paper And some times that means, gasp taking the initiative, moving off the point, thinking tactically. Or just thinking in general. Your wiki build will only carry you so far.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:Potentially unblockable, unreflectable, unasorbable damage at that. Important caveat I think, because when the only real counterplay is to just dodge we get C-Tier quality memes.

I'll show you a quality meme.

Pay attention, it contains the secret knowledge of how to counter-play a Ranger with a longbow.

g7KAaWj.gif

Priceless knowledge! :D

@"Zenix.6198" said:"Just LoS" is my new favorite meme.Especially in node-holding gamemode.Finally all that dungeon farming experience pays off.

Well I mean, if you already have the node capped (And I'm working on the basis this is a 1v1, because that's the implication I'm getting from the comment. Sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong), you don't have to stand on the node and let him fire at you. The initiative is on him to decap the node, meaning he has to walk on the bloody thing.And if it's not your node, while it's easier said than done, get on the cap in-between his bursts?

Seems to be a common misconception that because it's a node-oriented game mode, you have to stand on the cap at all costs in all scenarios.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Multicolorhipster.9751" said:Potentially unblockable, unreflectable, unasorbable damage at that. Important caveat I think, because when the only real counterplay is to just dodge we get C-Tier quality memes.

Pay attention, it contains the secret knowledge of how to counter-play a Ranger with a longbow.

g7KAaWj.gif

Dunno, to me it looks more like the Anet balance team is doing a "are you not entertaint!!1!" meme, meanwhile the playerbase is facepalming hard in background.

I think, really, the best thing you could do is find when/if the balance devs play, and try and get in PvP or WvW against them and just run around focusing them with a glass soulbeast.

After they've taken 20k unblockable damage from 1800 range away before latency + human reaction time gives them a chance to react, they might start to get it.

@coro.3176 said:I think, really, the best thing you could do is find when/if the balance devs play, and try and get in PvP or WvW against them and just run around focusing them with a glass soulbeast.

After they've taken 20k unblockable damage from 1800 range away before latency + human reaction time gives them a chance to react, they might start to get it.I have seen few on FFA but they were melted by 10 people who were not satisfied with PvP state...

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Some classes also have invulns they can use =]

Warriors do. (Way to much actually)Guardians do.Rangers do.Mesmers do.Necromancers dont.Engineers do.Thief's do. (Evasion up the wazzoo)Rev's do.Elementalist do.

Poor necros, just gotta hope to soak it up, but everyone else can atleast build against it. And please dont give me that.

Only helps, if you know the SB is near you.Also, if a skill 100 to 0 you, even passive traits that make you invulnerable won't proc

Also, what do you do as such a SB, if you see the enemy using their invuln. Blow everything in there? I guess not

@Nimon.7840 said:

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Some classes also have invulns they can use =]

Warriors do. (Way to much actually)Guardians do.Rangers do.Mesmers do.Necromancers dont.Engineers do.Thief's do. (Evasion up the wazzoo)Rev's do.Elementalist do.

Poor necros, just gotta hope to soak it up, but everyone else can atleast build against it. And please dont give me that.

Only helps, if you know the SB is near you.Also, if a skill 100 to 0 you, even passive traits that make you invulnerable won't proc

Also, what do you do as such a SB, if you see the enemy using their invuln. Blow everything in there? I guess not

If its over 4 seconds im pretty sure there is a tell that signifies the start of the combo. Being revealed is a huge tell to either dodge or pop a invuln.

The soulbeast hate is amazing. This can't be from spvp. I have no issue fighting them with reaper or scoruge. Play warrior and you eat them for lunch. The maps have plenty of spots to los and they don't have good defense at all. I die way more to builds that can teleport burst like rev. That is much more dangerous if done well than pew pew. Watch Rom's stream. He isn't laying waste to people with it

I'd much rather have glass cannon builds in the game than sustain builds. The bunker meta killed GW2 pvp.

@Solori.6025 said:@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Zenix.6198" said:"Just LoS" is my new favorite meme.Especially in node-holding gamemode.Finally all that dungeon farming experience pays off.

All I'm saying is, if "Just LoS", while sound advice, justifies heavy unblockable damage from 1500 range, I want Deaths Judgement back to where it was.

lmao, worth a shot

@FyzE.3472 said:

g7KAaWj.gif

So if you're not hiding behind LOS every millisecond of every match that's completely on you and you deserve to die!

@Faux Play.6104 said:The soulbeast hate is amazing. This can't be from spvp. I have no issue fighting them with reaper or scoruge. Play warrior and you eat them for lunch. The maps have plenty of spots to los and they don't have good defense at all. I die way more to builds that can teleport burst like rev. That is much more dangerous if done well than pew pew. Watch Rom's stream. He isn't laying waste to people with it

I'd much rather have glass cannon builds in the game than sustain builds. The bunker meta killed GW2 pvp.

Whispers Shhh! This is not the place for reason, this is the land of emotionally fueled absurdity, blend in. Clears throat Ah yes! SB so OP, too much everything, perma stealth, 3 weapon sets, can swap in beast mode and out of beast mode with 4 pets to utilize every invuln/stealth, 30k auto attacks, Shroud even 360 no scoped a warrior through endure pain! The mad lad! Pliz nerf. /sarcasm

@Deax.1572 said:

@"Faux Play.6104" said:The soulbeast hate is amazing. This can't be from spvp. I have no issue fighting them with reaper or scoruge. Play warrior and you eat them for lunch. The maps have plenty of spots to los and they don't have good defense at all. I die way more to builds that can teleport burst like rev. That is much more dangerous if done well than pew pew. Watch Rom's stream. He isn't laying waste to people with it

Whispers
Shhh! This is not the place for reason, this is the land of emotionally fueled absurdity, blend in.
Clears throat
Ah yes! SB so OP, too much everything, perma stealth, 3 weapon sets, can swap in beast mode and out of beast mode with 4 pets to utilize every invuln/stealth, 30k auto attacks, Shroud even 360 no scoped a warrior through endure pain! The mad lad! Pliz nerf.
/sarcasm

Right?! Why should SLB be the first and only spec ever to get targeted by a lot of the community and "balanced" accordingly? :wink:

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"Faux Play.6104" said:The soulbeast hate is amazing. This can't be from spvp. I have no issue fighting them with reaper or scoruge. Play warrior and you eat them for lunch. The maps have plenty of spots to los and they don't have good defense at all. I die way more to builds that can teleport burst like rev. That is much more dangerous if done well than pew pew. Watch Rom's stream. He isn't laying waste to people with it

Whispers
Shhh! This is not the place for reason, this is the land of emotionally fueled absurdity, blend in.
Clears throat
Ah yes! SB so OP, too much everything, perma stealth, 3 weapon sets, can swap in beast mode and out of beast mode with 4 pets to utilize every invuln/stealth, 30k auto attacks, Shroud even 360 no scoped a warrior through endure pain! The mad lad! Pliz nerf.
/sarcasm

Right?! Why should SLB be the first and only spec ever to get targeted by a lot of the community and "balanced" accordingly? :wink:

It's funny when the popular classes are the OP offenders lol oh how the people change.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

Whispers
Clears throat
/sarcasm

It's funny when the popular classes are the OP offenders lol oh how the people change.

And by balance it's:"Nerf it to the point where it doesn't have a single viable build so i can play what i like to play with less or nothing countering me/being an annoyance. If you do decide to 1v1 me than be prepared to get annihilated coz of mah superior skillz, but if you beat me than it's obvious to anyone that the class/buils is OP and there is nothing under the sun that can defeat it."Basically summarizes the whole ordeal with crying in the "pvp community" by low silver - mid gold tier players for years. This isn't new by any means, practically every class has faced this at some point and because of this emotionally filled absurdity i'm sort of glad Anet doesn't take these opinions into consideration for patches.In any case it was a nice chuckle, i'll get my back-piece done and for all i care this game mode can die. WvW is superior anyways. :wink: Ta ta!

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

g7KAaWj.gif

So if you're not hiding behind LOS every millisecond of every match that's completely on you and you deserve to die!

So if you exaggerate every single statement how is it possible to talk to you? Hope you see what I mean.

@"FyzE.3472" said:So if you exaggerate every single statement how is it possible to talk to you? Hope you see what I mean.

To be fair, people are laying out precisely what they think is OP about soulbeast, and being met with LoS memes and "just dodge", so it's understandable that it would break down to absurdity very quickly. Tempest in particular was level headed regarding this pretty often, and at this point she is being sarcastic.

At the risk of parroting, so far, comments boil down to:

Soulbeast opening on you with longbow in the current state of the game feels unfair because of how much access they have to unblockable. This is aggravated by the fact that projectile hate that would reflect or destroy any incoming projectiles now counts as a block, which reduces counterplay to the opener.

Also there's the fact that Longbow says it hits targets at 1500 range but it actually hits for much farther than that, so things like deadeye cannot trade with it.

Oneshot maul feels unfair because its telegraph can be hidden by several means, including forage and leaping through a smokescale field, ~~which you cannot rightly interrupt because standing in the field counts as an evade (If I am incorrect about that field, let me know.). ~~ Corrected by Shadowpass, appreciated.

Everything seems to stem from either a combination or a subset of those issues. If just LoSing or just dodging, while sound advice, was the correct counterplay, we would not have suffered nerfs to Deadeye and Berserker after their respective reworks, since both of those classes followed less intense versions of those mechanics. (namely, high damage from 1500 range, but there is a telegraph and it was nerfed to be blockable, and high damage up close, but there is a telegraph and the damage was nerfed by 25%.) Especially not Deadeye, since by nature of its build it cannot contest points.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding you, but I don't think its fair to take someone's quote and say they exaggerate in every context when it is clear they do not have that tendency very frequently. Not to mention voicing that things might be overtuned seems to be met by similar exaggeration...

@"Deax.1572" said:And by balance it's:"Nerf it to the point where it doesn't have a single viable build so i can play what i like to play with less or nothing countering me/being an annoyance. If you do decide to 1v1 me than be prepared to get annihilated coz of mah superior skillz, but if you beat me than it's obvious to anyone that the class/buils is OP and there is nothing under the sun that can defeat it."Basically summarizes the whole ordeal with crying in the "pvp community" by low silver - mid gold tier players for years. This isn't new by any means, practically every class has faced this at some point and because of this emotionally filled absurdity i'm sort of glad Anet doesn't take these opinions into consideration for patches.In any case it was a nice chuckle, i'll get my back-piece done and for all i care this game mode can die. WvW is superior anyways. :wink: Ta ta!

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:So if you exaggerate every single statement how is it possible to talk to you? Hope you see what I mean.

To be fair, people are laying out precisely what they think is OP about soulbeast, and being met with LoS memes and "just dodge", so it's understandable that it would break down to absurdity very quickly. Tempest in particular was level headed regarding this pretty often, and at this point she is being sarcastic.

At the risk of parroting, so far, comments boil down to:

Soulbeast opening on you with longbow in the current state of the game feels unfair because of how much access they have to unblockable. This is aggravated by the fact that projectile hate that would reflect or destroy any incoming projectiles now counts as a block, which reduces counterplay to the opener.

Also there's the fact that Longbow says it hits targets at 1500 range but it actually hits for much farther than that, so things like deadeye cannot trade with it.

Oneshot maul feels unfair because its telegraph can be hidden by several means, including forage and leaping through a smokescale field, which you cannot rightly interrupt because standing in the field counts as an evade (If I am incorrect about that field, let me know.).

Everything seems to stem from either a combination or a subset of those issues. If just LoSing or just dodging, while sound advice, was the correct counterplay, we would not have suffered nerfs to Deadeye and Berserker after their respective reworks, since both of those classes followed less intense versions of those mechanics. (namely, high damage from 1500 range, but there is a telegraph and it was nerfed to be blockable, and high damage up close, but there is a telegraph and the damage was nerfed by 25%.) Especially not Deadeye, since by nature of its build it cannot contest points.

Apologies if I am misunderstanding you, but I don't think its fair to take someone's quote and say they exaggerate in every context when it is clear they do not have that tendency very frequently. Not to mention voicing that things might be overtuned seems to be met by similar exaggeration...

@"Deax.1572" said:And by balance it's:"Nerf it to the point where it doesn't have a single viable build so i can play what i like to play with less or nothing countering me/being an annoyance. If you do decide to 1v1 me than be prepared to get annihilated coz of mah superior skillz, but if you beat me than it's obvious to anyone that the class/buils is OP and there is nothing under the sun that can defeat it."Basically summarizes the whole ordeal with crying in the "pvp community" by low silver - mid gold tier players for years. This isn't new by any means, practically every class has faced this at some point and because of this emotionally filled absurdity i'm sort of glad Anet doesn't take these opinions into consideration for patches.In any case it was a nice chuckle, i'll get my back-piece done and for all i care this game mode can die. WvW is superior anyways. :wink: Ta ta!

Spot on. And way better said than I would have. :smile:

"JuSt dOdgE" and "JuSt LoS" are memes for a reason people. Imagine if condi-mirage were still a thing and everyone who felt it was busted was met with "JuSt cLeaNse".