* How to block a mail sender? * ISSUE SOLVED

Hi

I have a little problem: Since some days, I receive mails from a player and I don't know how to block him, because at time I find the mails, he is offline, and the mail system does not allow to right click on sender name for any actions. The only thing I was able to do was to report him for spam, but will that block his mails?

Thanks for info. :)

Edited: I was lucky! He sent one more mail to me, at time I was on line. I did rapidly add him as friend, so that I can act on his name, and I then blocked him. :)

Open Contacts Menue (LFG) => Friends => type in the character name you have received the mail from and press Enter.

You will now have the account of the person in your friendlist. Right click it, and select block. The account will be moved from friendlist to blocklist. Blocked people cannot whisper you or send you mails. However if they have added you as a friend, they can still see when you are online and your location ingame.

Note: If you want to save some time with guessing, just make a screenshot of your current friendlist before you add him. So you can easily spot the new one.

EDIT: I was a little too slow.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:Open Contacts Menue (LFG) => Friends => type in the character name you have received the mail from and press Enter.

You will now have the account of the person in your friendlist. Right click it, and select block. The account will be moved from friendlist to blocklist. Blocked people cannot whisper you or send you mails. However if they have added you as a friend, they can still see when you are online and your location ingame.

Note: If you want to save some time with guessing, just make a screenshot of your current friendlist before you add him. So you can easily spot the new one.

EDIT: I was a little too slow.

You could just add the name directly to the block list section :p

No need to add to friend then block.

Also if the name has some characters that you don't know how to type you click on Reply and copy the name from the To field. Actually you might want to do that regardless because some letters might be hard to tell apart like l and I

Thanks for the feedback. Are you sure about that? Because when I have tried to use his name from the mail, I could not do anything with it. It has worked first when he was online same time than me. That's why I thought that the fact he was offline for the earlier mails was the counter.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Thanks for the feedback. Are you sure about that? Because when I have tried to use his name from the mail, I could not do anything with it. It has worked first when he was online same time than me. That's why I thought that the fact he was offline for the earlier mails was the counter.

Yes. I tried it with my offline friends' characters but as I mentioned above there are two exceptions.

1. if they deleted the character
  2. typed the wrong name because some characters are hard to tell apart

Also add to note that some players who do wind up shooting a rather sass mail are marked as invisible, so it's like they don't exist. Now if that mail is particularly insulting to the point it was meant to offend you, forward a screen of that to support. IIRC using the in-game system to harrass others is against the rules. Check the Terms of Use.