Nevermind the Timegate, Farmgate is waaay worse

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Blocki.4931 said:

@"Blacksarevok.8104" said:i wish they gave some kinda heads up how progressively worse and worse the collection gets. im like 75% done but if knew i needed 20+ charged quartz and 250 of each map currency (which i consumed many of not too long ago because how tf was i suppose to know i would need for a goddang mount?) i would have not even started the collections to begin with.

but now that im close i feel obligated to finish and then take a few months off from the game

Many people have simply expected it because Aurora had the same requirement. People weren't upset at all to "be forced to play old maps", everybody loved it.

Weird, I saw complaints at the time. Im not saying that they were valid complaints, but, "everybody loved it," is not true.

@Minna.7895 said:Why? Why do you hate casuals all of a sudden? Please at least give us alternatives for the 250 currency of each map

What, you don't enjoy mindlessly running around pressing WASD and 1 for hours, maybe 2-5 and 6-0 on occasion, or just your left mouse button (wow), while your brain cells yearn for an intellectual challenge? I don't understand why. ;)

Jokes aside, there are a few hearts that can be fun to do, but most are just as described and truly seem to drag on forever.

@"Blocki.4931" said:People weren't upset at all to "be forced to play old maps", everybody loved it.

Grinding isn't playing a map, which is what we do now: grind. I was super happy about all the scavenger hunts we got in this mount collection, and the crafting, and the JPs, and the mini games. But then nothing for four days, and now this grind? Meh.

If I were in anet's shoes, I would have "leaked" the information that you'd need map currency for the next step during the time everyone was shitting on them for the timegating. Would've given people something to do during the time-gated steps, and would've softened the surprise farm step. But eh :3

@Arkantos.7460 said:yea ... and when ppl had their new mount ; what to do ... go offline waiting for the next part of livingstory ..GG

Not true, at least not in my case.Skyscale would motivate me to play more, especially on new map and finish off all the achievements as well. Grab all the masteries for it too.Right now, that motivation is disappearing and making me feel quite burned out.Reasons have been stated in my previous posts here.

@"Minna.7895" said:Why? Why do you hate casuals all of a sudden? Please at least give us alternatives for the 250 currency of each map (tradeable or better buyable for a fixed price in either gold or gems). You know I read the statement about lowering the timegates and wanted to vote with my wallet. I have a PSC lying around now, but not sure how and where (ANet?) to use it atm.You wrote in your statement you didn't want a hard gold price... but that would have been preferable because everyone would have the choice to farm for gold or to buy with gems (win/win right there for you, too). The way it is you have to farm (in my case for weeks maybe even months) .

And btw for those of you thinking " Yeah its exclusive for farmers" ... how would you feel if you can't buy gems for gold anymore and all skins would be exclusively for shoppers? (I would not like that either, for me its about balance and options, wich up to this point we had)

Because it's a game thats meant to be played, if you don't have time to play, then you don't get further in said game, as fast.

It's an entertainment business, supposed to entertain you for some time , while playing. And farming, droning, grinding in one location is boring, and quite besides the point. Flipping open your wallet, swinging your creditcard around, saying its "win-win" clearly missed the point completely of what this or any other game is all about.

@Minna.7895 said:Actually one of the great strenghts was that you are able to pick your way to do it... not being forced to do specific grinds. (Play the way you want...remember?)Maybe I would have someday even enjoyed ls4 maps with a skyscale to explore them more, but surely not if im forced to grind them beforehand. TO GET A MOUNT, not a legendary item or anything- thats the issue here. Please stop comparing it to those.

A mount you don't actually need, btw. Everybody have played this game for kitten 7 years, and never needed it. I don't even have griffon, and I don't really need it that much that I would do some stupid grind. And legendaries are a total joke, imo, with enormous grind - yet somehow it's ok for everybody. At least the mount is actually useful, and even not that grindy, comparing to the legendaries. Yet for some reason it's a problem. Why? How?

Ok, having played through all the steps myself. At reset tonight, I am on the last step. Most other steps I had all the items necessary or could buy them easily. I did the jumping puzzles which to me was fun going through all the maps I haven’t visited in forever. When I saw the last step requirements I had 3/6 currencies already. The others I can play and get 50-100 easily daily. Do the renown hearts, traverse the maps and harvest. Yes, it is not necessary immediately doable so you are the first one to get a skyscale, but if you don’t like it then don’t do it. I may or may not get everything this week, but if I don’t no big deal. I am just happy to be on the last steps and I see the end in sight.

I'm just glad I'd put off crafting the last 7 Incriptions I needed to start the Dragons Blood Weapons. I decided to save up 350 of them so I could knock out all 7 inscriptions at once, and had only gotten up to 288 masses when I heard about the LS4 currency requirements for Little Smoosh.

Oh well, the saving starts over :(

@"Bawi.9541" said:If I were in anet's shoes, I would have "leaked" the information that you'd need map currency for the next step during the time everyone was kitten on them for the timegating. Would've given people something to do during the time-gated steps, and would've softened the surprise farm step. But eh :3

Quite a few people have predicted there would be something that needs 250 of every LS4 currencies. They might have been wrong about what it was for but they were right about needing them.

How is this farmgate worse than timegate? the latter one actually has no way around it other than to wait. Moreover, like many have said, it's not even that bad of a farm and it's on something that doesnt affect gameplay. There's also something called the griffon that's strictly more useful than this farmgated content.

The farmgate for mastery that came at the beginning of HoT was actually bad because it affected gameplay by blocking maps and stories.

The only issue i can see with this skyscale farmgate are for people that like to not actually play the game and instead like to show off by afking in DR or LA with their shiny new toy/skin (often times obtainable through their credit card)

I'll link this Reddit thread about the skyscale stuff you need to get for the saddle: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/br8kjl/how_to_easily_obtain_season_4_currencies/

It's doable in a reasonable amount of time - I'd approximate it to lower than the time I sent above from PvP/WvW grinding, possibly doable in 3 to 5 days from scratch. There's going to be a lot of trains for those, at least I anticipate them, so keep your eyes open!

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:Time gating was a fundamental flaw in their design, and will be rectified. As for farming, while you could say this collection is way too massive, that's just a preference. I don't think the Skyscale mount is worth the amount of work required, so I'm not going to bother. IF my opinion on that should change when players actually HAVE the mount and can showcase it's abilities, I'll go back and complete it.

People already have it, so you might want to start asking...just go to Dragonfall and find one...there were several of them yesterday during the Meta. As for LS4 map currencies, those are easily obtainable while just roaming the maps doing events, won't take weeks and weeks to gather the 250 each necessary, and people should stop wasting them on Volatile Magic, everyone should know by now that ArenaNet will always find a use for something many months down the road after introduction, better to just store it in the Wallet and leave it there for future use.

Unpopular opinion I guess but I'm cool with the living world season 4 currency requirement. Just take your time and do some events/meta/hearts/story on alt on map and gather all you pass by. You have the required amount before you notice. And you can also get it via reward tracks if pvp/wvw is more your thing. Idk why ppl always want new shinies on day 1 for the least effort possible. Unlock mount, get masteries on day 1 and be bored again.... And indeed, don't touch your map currencies unless you really need it (be it an item/fast volatile magic).

It feels like a punch in the face .... sigh

dramatic realization parody"Hey guys you want our new mount!?" Is nothing THAT fancy is not even a legendary. But hey ! you have to go all over Tyria for this one!.Return to Guild wars 2 Classic. Play the whole core Tyria once more ~ Enjoy our forgotten Jumping Puzzles that nobody really jumps anymore.Explore and come back to living world season 4. ~ Cause there's nothing important or exiting metas to do there. Except for our new map Dragonfall (awesome map though ) which is actually rewarding.

Join into the timegate of Skyscale you will waste your precious time on collections and golds without thinking how much you wasted on it already. Just to have the new part of the content you all been waiting for months!! Just to have your precious a normal default new mount called the Skyscale !!!.

imagine the small font pls(you might use this by just afk on LA or maybe use it 5% of the time for uuhmm something_) Enjoy ~Can't believe this mount costs more than a griffon now. Aurene had less maintenance.

@Blur.3465 said:

Thanks, I have no problem with dropping more gold (I have 3 paid accounts and the login rewards tend to pile up) or spending the time. Even the 250 mats is no biggie as I have all the S4 nodes, the only one I probably do not have around 250 of is the new one. What gets me is the content gate: The blood collection and the final instance aggravate real world conditions for me and I am not about to trade that for a game item.

which step we have to get 250 of map currencies?

I think people have said it is the 4th one? That might be wrong though. In any case, I would look to party up with someone who has all the S4 nodes ... you will get them 3 times as fast as just buying them and the only gold you will spend is on the gathering tools.

:rip:i guess i wont be rushing "troublesome skyscales" then... 250 of each map is A LOT....and am not casual...

Yup...As I said in my previous posts, I used to live on the maps before and farm these for volatile magic to exchange for leather crates.I literally have to do it all over again.

I'd lie had I said this didn't make me feel sick and unmotivated now :D

If anything, the previous season should have showed you to save at least a full stack of each, as was required by aurora. I expected something like this and was prepared with 1/2 of them (took a break from game, only logged in for story updates).

The game punish you hard for having 5 character slots and one or two lv80, i have 10 but using 9 for this and still feel the farm is just too much, otherwise my friends who new to the game, they really want skyscale but after heard what i said they all feel very depressing to the point i have to halt all my progress and only bring 1 or 2 characters farming with my friend to encourage them not to give up.

Have fun farming, take it slow guys, the skyscale will be your sooner or later.

@Minna.7895 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Crackmonster.2790 said:I get what you are saying i just wanna nitpick about one thing.

Lets say you make a game, where you can buy everything. Does this not affect the game for everyone that wants to earn it?

yes it does, it's not always win/win as you want to make it look like, i love the things that take effort unless its waaaaaaaay over the top or requires commitment to raid groups. If it's just about me putting in effort myself, i'm all for it.

This is a really good point. One of the great strengths of gw2 is that it offers a variety of rewards that require different types of assets to unlock. So there are things for ppl who want to spend a lot, who want to invest a lot of time, who want to do competitive content or 'high-end' pve things, even rng-only items are great. All of these different means of acquisition are good for the game bc it emphasizes that having all the things isn't the goal. The point is to do the things you like and then enjoy whatever rewards follow . . .

What makes the new mount not quite fall into that category is that it is story related, and anet has made clear that story-related content is intended for everyone. Happily, they created no obstacle to that in this case, which is why I continue to be mystified by the complaints about it. The highest hurdle to overcome in this collection is just access to all the LS4 maps, and I haven't really seen anyone complain about that at all . . .

Actually one of the great strenghts was that you are able to pick your way to do it... not being forced to do specific grinds. (Play the way you want...remember?)Maybe I would have someday even enjoyed ls4 maps with a skyscale to explore them more, but surely not if im forced to grind them beforehand. TO GET A MOUNT, not a legendary item or anything- thats the issue here. Please stop comparing it to those.

I didn't. Sry if you misread . . .