Nevermind the Timegate, Farmgate is waaay worse

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Menadena.7482 said:Well, results of putting a listing on LFG to farm my instance. No takers for 18 S4 mats. Only one person joined the party but they decided they wanted to farm Teq instead.

I wonder if people just want to complain?
sigh

Getting 3 of each mat once per day will take 84 days. Your map instance isn't worth anything.

Surely you wouldn't just leave it there? For example I needed a few branded crystal. 4 hearts gave me 20, 5 from new instance plus a few from gathering the node on the map and the 3 from my hubby's home. It mounts up (no pun)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Draeyon.4392 said:Anyone got a list of easy hearts I can run through on my 18 characters?

If you don't have the mats you can do the WvW and/or PvP reward tracks.You get 250 kralkatite ore per track or 50 from the other 5 mats per track again.If you were saving potions with WvW/PvP experience you can buff with WvW/PvP reward track boosts and drink these in order to skip or minimize the hearts/meta events farming on multiple characters.Without buffs, 80 potions are needed to complete a reward track. With buffs - a lot less. So if you have 1-2 stacks you can complete the whole farm for 10 min.

@Draeyon.4392 said:Anyone got a list of easy hearts I can run through on my 18 characters?

Domain of Istan: The one by Astralarium.Sandswept Isles: easiest one is at the Invariant Enclave, but it is far away.Domain of Kourna: I don't go to this map.Jahai Bluffs: The one at Soul's Vendetta waypoint. Just spam shards on the dummies.Thunderhead Peaks: Moorage Waypoint.

Well now that all the time-gated stuff is out of the way, I can work on the other stuff at my leisure knowing that I won't ever hit a "sorry there's nothing to do but wait" wall in any sitting. I really wanted this thing to actually play the game. But the way this collection has been, and it's ending will mean I will probably not want to look at GW2 aside from PvP at all by time I'm done with it.

@Arkantos.7460 said:yea ... and when ppl had their new mount ; what to do ... go offline waiting for the next part of livingstory ..GG

Well they will be so sick of LS4 maps by time they get their skyscale, even with it they won't want to go back to those maps. And it can't be used in PvP. Hopefully they have non-LS4 goals that they' love their skyscale for.

@"preacher.9370" said:If anything, the previous season should have showed you to save at least a full stack of each, as was required by aurora. I expected something like this and was prepared with 1/2 of them (took a break from game, only logged in for story updates).

All more reasons to know you'll never need these currencies except for legendaries.I haven't even worked to get Aurora, as I have no interest in it and neither do I find it fun to farm. I got Nevermore and said "never more".I preferred hoarding gold and focusing on things I liked and wanted from Gem store and getting things from TP I liked, leveling up crafting and having a nice steady income thanks to the LS4 maps and these currencies.Why the heck would I save up a full stack of those when I could convert them to gold and get things I wanted instantly? Nobody guessed a mount would be locked behind a legendary requirement of 250 materials per map!

EDIT:At this point, Skyscale should be the top notch mount in every way, considering the amount of requirements and gold it takes.It's still worse than griffon, which is sad, considering it's a dragon...and considering it is a TON harder to get it. We're practically grinding the 'legendary' mount now.All would have been fine had Skyscale been able to stay in air a lot longer, despite it being slower. I believe I would not voice my complaints then at all, as it would be a reward worthy of this mess.

Getting 3 of each mat once per day will take 84 days. Your map instance isn't worth anything.

Think long term. How does anyone think I got all the S3 goodies for over a dozen alts? Not stressing over how many of each mat it would take (which I worked out exactly and often anticipated what trinkets would come in future maps). It was not trying to do it all in a day. I enjoyed various things in the game and let the mats slowly stack up in my bank.

I guess people just want to complain. In either my instance or another any of you could have gotten partway there in almost no time. It is even better than the maps, especially for someone missing any chapters, as there is 0 chance of a random mob to delay you while you are gathering.

Like I said, I would encourage people thinking long term rather than this havetodoitalltoday mentality that seems so prevalent. It makes things much less stressful than complaining about the situation, actually make progress on it.

No, I am not pointing fingers at anyone, so that is why the quote is not attributed. I am talking about the general way of looking at things. You even see this with different countries/cultures.

@"Dami.5046" said:Surely you wouldn't just leave it there? For example I needed a few branded crystal. 4 hearts gave me 20, 5 from new instance plus a few from gathering the node on the map and the 3 from my hubby's home. It mounts up (no pun)

Exactly, if you need 250 mats you do not just say "3 is not 250 so I will ignore it". Get the 3, do the same the next day, on some day go to the new map, maybe a heart and buy more from the vendor. Eventually you will get to the 250, none of them by themselves is a way to get to 250 fast on their own.

Take S3. I was using mats constantly during it for ascended trinkets. Now I am eating stacks all the time because I do not have the space and wishing I could just sell them on the TP. If you are not looking at how many of a given mat you have every few seconds it is amazing how fast a stack will fill up, especially if you have other things (in GW2 or RL) to do. I may be too busy to do a long event at a given moment but I rarely am unable to farm my instance so the piles grow slowly but surely.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Crackmonster.2790 said:I get what you are saying i just wanna nitpick about one thing.

Lets say you make a game, where you can buy everything. Does this not affect the game for everyone that wants to earn it?

yes it does, it's not always win/win as you want to make it look like, i love the things that take effort unless its waaaaaaaay over the top or requires commitment to raid groups. If it's just about me putting in effort myself, i'm all for it.

This is a really good point. One of the great strengths of gw2 is that it offers a variety of rewards that require different types of assets to unlock. So there are things for ppl who want to spend a lot, who want to invest a lot of time, who want to do competitive content or 'high-end' pve things, even rng-only items are great. All of these different means of acquisition are good for the game bc it emphasizes that having all the things isn't the goal. The point is to do the things you like and then enjoy whatever rewards follow . . .

What makes the new mount not quite fall into that category is that it is story related, and anet has made clear that story-related content is intended for everyone. Happily, they created no obstacle to that in this case, which is why I continue to be mystified by the complaints about it. The highest hurdle to overcome in this collection is just access to all the LS4 maps, and I haven't really seen anyone complain about that at all . . .

Actually one of the great strenghts was that you are able to pick your way to do it... not being forced to do specific grinds. (Play the way you want...remember?)Maybe I would have someday even enjoyed ls4 maps with a skyscale to explore them more, but surely not if im forced to grind them beforehand. TO GET A MOUNT, not a legendary item or anything- thats the issue here. Please stop comparing it to those.

I didn't. Sry if you misread . . .

Sry you were only quoted for the first half... the other thing was meant in general.

@navystylz.9745 said:

@"Arkantos.7460" said:yea ... and when ppl had their new mount ; what to do ... go offline waiting for the next part of livingstory ..GG

Well they will be so sick of LS4 maps by time they get their skyscale, even with it they won't want to go back to those maps. And it can't be used in PvP. Hopefully they have non-LS4 goals that they' love their skyscale for.

Yeah, I feel like they shouldve made "mastering the skyscale" the end, and you then get the mount halfwaythrough, albeit not fully able yet.

If they wanted you to bond with it it would need to be present on at least some your travels. Either not fully mastered/gimped or through an item that temporarily spawns it or something.

It would also make it a long track with rewards along the way, which paces you better than a long list with just the one reward at the end.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

If you don't have the mats you can do the WvW and/or PvP reward tracks.You get 250 kralkatite ore per track or 50 from the other 5 mats per track again.

Without buffs it takes around 8 hours per trackWith maxed out buffs it takes around 4 hours

40 hours does seem like a great alternative

The dailies do speed it up but some aren't so reliable to get especially for people who aren't familiar with WvW.

If you were saving potions with WvW/PvP experience you can buff with WvW/PvP reward track boosts and drink these in order to skip or minimize the hearts/meta events farming on multiple characters.Without buffs, 80 potions are needed to complete a reward track. With buffs - a lot less. So if you have 1-2 stacks you can complete the whole farm for 10 min.

Potions are not affected by the buffs. They just give 250 points.

Istan: Champion of Dawn and Astralarium

Sandswept: The one with the eggs, Inquest one to the east, and inquest one at the SE

Kourna: All but the east one

Jahai: All go quickly

Thunderhead: The one in the keep to rally troops and the dredge on to the SW are quick

Do easy dailies.

Istan: Cache, Adventure, Race

Sandswept: Hearts, Adventure, Race, Slayer (inquest one is easier than awakened)

Kourna: VM collector, shards, meta

Jahai: Tornado, jp, rift

Thunderhead: Dwarven chests, x10 map currency, boss, kill 25 branded (when done with boss), tomb related ones as you can buy the key piece(s)

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Get the home instance nodes, especially for any maps you actively dislike! That'll let ju almost passively accrue currency.

10,000 Volatile magic and 50g per nodeThat's 300g and 60,000 Volatile Magic.. Casuals are not going to make that kind of investment on something they dont need and probably won't use once Season 5 starts.

If they are done as maps come up, that's not a lot. 50g and 10,000 magic isn't hard to come by in three months time, and this is coming from someone that plays an hour a night on average. You can look up routes for volatile magic, and the currency comes from (almost?) all events.