Skyscale for gold option please?

I'm not going to rehash stuff others have said, so I would like to simply request a Skyscale for gold option... I (and I'm positive I'm not alone) would rather pay gold for a full grown Skyscale so I can spend time doing other things in-game. I believe this would be a good option to consider for all players.

Thanks for reading!

Edit- You can have Gorrik present a player the option to purchase a Skyscale or to continue on the journey after the Skyscale egg collection is completed.

(while half of the people does the collection and they already wasted about 330gold for all the process and days of tedious collections) .

I personally have not finished it. But that's quite a lot of gold for a precursor, I mean Black lion skin, sorry I mean a mount!!! it is just a mount...Aurene was less maintenance than this whole thing...

@Swagger.1459 said:I'm not going to rehash stuff others have said, so I would like to simply request a Skyscale for gold option... I (and I'm positive I'm not alone) would rather pay gold for a full grown Skyscale so I can spend time doing other things in-game. I believe this would be a good option to consider for all players.

Thanks for reading!

Edit- You can have Gorrik present a player the option to purchase a Skyscale or to continue on the journey after the Skyscale egg collection is completed.

For once we agree. Yes please!

I saved up almost 500 gold expecting it to be between griffon and beetle, and am at my play rate still weeks away from getting to the point where I can just pay for anything.

They should have made it around 200g as really it's just a poor mans griffin in terms of game value and use. Throw in some interesting and compelling achievements around the new map and I'd be more than happy to buy upcoming skins. And why always these same stinky collections? Some really difficult missions involving the free skyscales on the map would have been a start, seems actual skill isnt needed for anything these day's

Thousands wont bother with the grind just judging from my kin chat so won't be buying the skins either, anet will be the real loser in this one

Im fine either way, I'd like it sure, but wont be spending my time with this mess of a grind like a lot of others

For part 4 of the collection, you can buy or make skyscale treats (which add up to around 80g if you wanna skip everything on this step).

For part 3 of the collection, you can buy grow lamps (50g) and skyscale food, skipping 23 days of charged quartz charging.

I mean, the skyscale already has a paywall. Why impliment another? It's not like people who have the gold don't have the materials or knowhow to complete these collections.

I think the 2 hour achievement timegate is already a fair comprimise... I just wish they implimented it sooner!

I prefer spending gold on everything so I don't bother playing at all and just stand semi afk in Lion's Arch.I mean, I want to just skip raiding and get the legendary armor for gold.Also, you know these diamond legends in WvW? I wana skip leveling and buy my way to a diamond legend... so, you know, I can concentrate on more important things.And you know that trinket Aurora? Can't we just skip everything related to the time gate also, and just buy it with gold? I mean, every time gate and, overall, time consuming process should be skippable with gold.I 100% do not think, and it is ridiculous to think, that this is going to P2W (shame on you if you think of that). I am 100% sure that this will be THE BEST option for ALL PLAYERS. I asked every single one of them and they all agree.

@Swagger.1459 said:I believe this would be a good option to consider for all players.

Thanks for reading!

@"Gop.8713" said:I wouldn't be opposed to a straight purchase option, but I am generally a fan of including things in the game that you can only acquire by actually playing it . . .

I totally agree that noone will be opposed to a straight purchase option, also ANET can just add all legendary items, achievements and skins in the gemstore and we can all play with our credit cards - this means that we will actually play the game, in the gemstore.Also, I have a suggestion - after you skip all time gates and purchase every skin and legendary from the gemstore you get the title "Gemstore Master". This would be the true achievement and the only one that matters and only the BEST and most SKILLFUL players in GW2 will have it.But there is a massive flaw in this suggestion (I admit) - you have to spend several hours in purchases. I mean, imagine all the frustration searching and buying all these things! This would be a nightmare - a time gate. I suggest just 1 click = purchase everything + get the title.

@"derd.6413" said:sounds like pay to win.

It would be kind of pay2win if you could buy legendary gear from the gem-store, though if only the skins are sold then it's not pay2win.

Overall, the "content" of this game is being purchasable from the gem-store is quite the silly thought.

@Gop.8713 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@Gop.8713 said:I wouldn't be opposed to a straight purchase option, but I am generally a fan of including things in the game that you can only acquire by actually playing it . . .

I totally agree that noone will be opposed to a straight purchase option, also ANET can just add all legendary items, achievements and skins in the gemstore and we can all play with our credit cards - this means that we will actually play the game, in the gemstore.Also, I have a suggestion - after you skip all time gates and purchase every skin and legendary from the gemstore you get the title "Gemstore Master". This would be the true achievement and the only one that matters and only the BEST and most SKILLFUL players in GW2 will have it.But there is a massive flaw in this suggestion (I admit) - you have to spend several hours in purchases. I mean, imagine all the frustration searching and buying all these things! This would be a nightmare - a time gate. I suggest just 1 click = purchase everything + get the title.

You're not entirely sober rn are you . . ?

I am 100% sober. I rather pay gold for everything, not only the mount :)My hobby is show off in front of Lion's Arch bank. If I work for anything else in the game, how can I have time for my hobby?

Someone will make a thread soon showing the stats from gw2 efficiency. The % of people giving up after the 1st collections is already highlighting the scale of the problem. The number of completions is also hilarious.

Pure gold purchase is obviously not the way to go, neither are boring endless collections for a very mediocre mount.

Like many others I've earnt hundreds of mounts in different mmo's over 15 odd yrs, this is up definitely up there with the worst. Surprisingly, there are many ways of making it fun and compelling for the majority, who knew...

@Jangle.5986 said:Like many others I've earnt hundreds of mounts in different mmo's over 15 odd yrs, this is up definitely up there with the worst. Surprisingly, there are many ways of making it fun and compelling for the majority, who knew...Really? Most mounts I remember from other MMOs are either faction grind , event grind, or straight cash purchases. I can't remember a single one where aquisition of the mount was actually gameplay content, only mounts (or rather mount skins, as none of those other games had any special mount functionality beside a possible speed buff) that were given out as reward for content.

Mounts in GW2, unlike other MMOs, aren't just cosmetics/buffs, they are actual movement abilites that allow you to explore the game world in different ways. The basic mounts require a bit of gameplay (completion of the associated heart and coming up with the necessary currency), while the aquisition of the advanced mounts (griffon/beetle/warclaw/skyscale) is game content in itself in the form of collections that literally make you play different maps/events/parts of the game to finish them.

How many mounts you've earned in other games is irrelevant. This is GW2, they do a lot of things different than other things, and one of these things is mounts. And I'll take a guess here and say that the way this mount is aquired actually is fun to a lot of people in game (I'd even say the majority if I believed that there is a single aspect of the game that acutally does appeal to the majority of players). It's just that this collection is involved enough that many of those who enjoy it are not among those who devour new content on the day of release but rather take their time to enjoy the content without outside interference help.

Haha, I'm actually for this, which is un-expected and amusing. Was talking with some guildies yesterday, and one in particular that flat out falls asleep to literally every PVE mob in the game, was trying to get another more PVE active guildie to borrow his account and grind the SkyScale for him in exchange for a legendary from the TP. Doing the math for a water legendary, approx 60$, I was thinking "heck yeah, that's tempting!"

So yeah, can we get the option to trade in a Legendary weapon for bypassing the SkyScale grind ? Pretty please with sugar on top? Puppyeyes?

It would be the first time I'd actually find a use for a legendary! ;)

@Swagger.1459 said:I'm not going to rehash stuff others have said, so I would like to simply request a Skyscale for gold option... I (and I'm positive I'm not alone) would rather pay gold for a full grown Skyscale so I can spend time doing other things in-game. I believe this would be a good option to consider for all players.

Thanks for reading!

I would love to see it. Everyone has different issue with things as they stand.

One modifier, I would make Gorrik show up when you discover the skyscales. The wing and the instance are no fun for people with epilepsy or who have problems with extreme heights.

It pretty much already costs gold and there are gold bypasses for many of the collections. Dont wanna wait to charge your own quartz? You cam buy the items from someone else. Dont wanna do JPs? You can buy the items from other players. They're reducing the time gate next week, so the gold bypasses will be even better for you.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

This is GW2, they do a lot of things different than other things, and one of these things is mounts. And I'll take a guess here and say that the way this mount is aquired actually is fun to a lot of people in game (I'd even say the majority if I believed that there is a single aspect of the game that acutally does appeal to the majority of players). It's just that this collection is involved enough that many of those who enjoy it are not among those who devour new content on the day of release but rather take their time to enjoy the content without outside interference help.

As said, look up the gw2 efficiency stats for the percentage of people that have given up after doing just the first collection and the acquisition rate, clearly this gw2 way of doing things isn't working. Maybe they wont be selling skins, that would also explain the single colour of dye on it as well and the poor mechanics.

I agree, mounts I've collected in other games may be irreverent, unlocking thousands of endgame items in different games allows you to experience when devs get gating right though, (especially in the days before all this predatory micro transaction bs), for whatever the desired item. Just reading a large kins chat, the stats, these forums/reddit quickly shows what people think is fun, and this aint it :)

Fair play to the ones that have managed to drag themselves round the maps like sheep to acquire it, just a shame it's not worth it for most