My Heals Are Bad

Ironhand.9081

After years of mesmering, I've come to the conclusion that my heals are bad.

Technically, I already knew this since I've used various means of supporting it (food, for instance) but it wasn't until recently I realized that there was something seriously lacking to begin with in the core profession.

Why are they bad? Very simply put, between managing clones and wells and aoes, I rarely have the time to heal up as well. So the reason I fail is almost always not being able to pull off a heal when it's needed, which is constantly unless we're talking low-level mobs and they're never a concern anyway.

The thief profession handles this much, much better; you can add plenty of sustain with heals on using initiative, heals on crits, heals on attack, heals on evade, heals on struck with low health.... you can find the level you want easily and actually focus on playing. Elementalists have a much better balance too, I find, and these are the professions I would compare with with a similar high mobility squishiness playstyle.

All I've got is the crappy Ether Feast and random chance. Avoid being hit? Good in theory, in practice this is the reason why playing mesmer well is difficult, especially since it's all about the shatter these days. We can't all be mirages, you know. Being hard to master is one of the things that drew me to the profession, but y'know what? Artificial difficulty isn't what it should be like. Yes, you can be pretty godlike provided that you have the time to git gud and maybe I'll get there too but that's irrelevant because it applies to everything.

The point is that few of us have that much time to put in and that's what leaves mesmer a crappy class for everyone beginner to moderate. Very simply put, the class should require less micromanaging and thus less elitist so that we may be enjoyed by everyone. Balancing is the name of the game.

You do realize you also invulnerability frames? On demand f4 distortion ? Blocks ? Teleports? And stealth? Actually like a thief to some extent, except you have a higher health pool.

You obviously can’t rely exclusively on heals to sustain yourself.

@flog.3485 said:You do realize you also invulnerability frames? On demand f4 distortion ? Blocks ? Teleports? And stealth? Actually like a thief to some extent, except you have a higher health pool.

You obviously can’t rely exclusively on heals to sustain yourself.That doesnt make bad heals any better, the only good heal I would call is mirage heal

@flog.3485 said:You do realize you also invulnerability frames? On demand f4 distortion ? Blocks ? Teleports? And stealth? Actually like a thief to some extent, except you have a higher health pool.

You obviously can’t rely exclusively on heals to sustain yourself.

Like mesmer were the only ones with access to invulnerability frames.In fact, even in such department mesmer are in the worst places possible, considering most other professions have heals with INBUILT invulnerabilities.

Still, it doesn't change the fact mesmer heals are on the bottom of healing list, pared with conditional performance making them harder to throw their already limited potential.

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Core mesmer is bad, Chronomancer can be extremely tanky and Mirage can be extremely evasive.A lot of other classes outevade mesmer without a sweat. Chronomancer is "tanky" only because of signet-distortion trait, if you are looking for tanky build you should look after scrapper

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"LolLookAtMyAP.8394" said:Core mesmer is bad, Chronomancer can be extremely tanky and Mirage can be extremely evasive.A lot of other classes outevade mesmer without a sweat. Chronomancer is "tanky" only because of signet-distortion trait, if you are looking for tanky build you should look after scrapper

You also have continuum split, echo of memory, blurred frenzy, invisibility, and blinks. It may not be able to face tank like a scrapper or warrior but they are still pretty good at mitigating damage. A well played chrono can be hard as hell to kill.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

You also have continuum split, echo of memory, blurred frenzy, invisibility, and blinks. It may not be able to face tank like a scrapper or warrior but they are still pretty good at mitigating damage. A well played chrono can be hard as hell to kill.What the point of having such chrono which is the only thing he can do is try to not die ?

@praqtos.9035 said:

You also have continuum split, echo of memory, blurred frenzy, invisibility, and blinks. It may not be able to face tank like a scrapper or warrior but they are still pretty good at mitigating damage. A well played chrono can be hard as hell to kill.What the point of having such chrono which is the only thing he can do is try to not die ?

They can do decent enough damage. They also provide excellent utility and group support. The point I'm getting at is you don't have to heal if you don't take the damage in the first place.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

They can do decent enough damage. They also provide excellent utility and group support. The point I'm getting at is you don't have to heal if you don't take the damage in the first place.Yet, you have to present such build as I dont know any chrono build that can facetank as good and do damage in same time. Last time I dueled top10 mesmer friend with a warrior, I trashed his chrono bunker/power chrono/mirage power/mirage condi with 1 hand

@praqtos.9035 said:

They can do decent enough damage. They also provide excellent utility and group support. The point I'm getting at is you don't have to heal if you don't take the damage in the first place.Yet, you have to present such build as I dont know any chrono build that can facetank as good and do damage in same time. Last time I dueled top10 mesmer friend with a warrior, I trashed his chrono bunker/power chrono/mirage power/mirage condi with 1 hand

that is because warrior rampage is just overtuned. It has nothing to do with how weak mesmer heal is.Edit: And frankly, if mesmer heals were so good to the point where you got high heals with high damages, it would become unbalanced and OP as hell.

@Zexanima.7851 said:

They can do decent enough damage. They also provide excellent utility and group support. The point I'm getting at is you don't have to heal if you don't take the damage in the first place.

I would love to see that build. So far it hasGreat dps, personal and group utility, is tanky, and has good heals.If this build exist ( it doesn't)makes you wonder why people are complaining about holo and not mes right?

@flog.3485 said:

that is because warrior rampage is just overtuned. It has nothing to do with how weak mesmer heal is.Edit: And frankly, if mesmer heals were so good to the point where you got high heals with high damages, it would become unbalanced and OP as hell.

Never used rampage in any of the duels. It was suddenly about "great facetanksmer chrono'Mesmer healing skill is high tier garbage.Healing skill doesnt do damage unless its revenant shiro heal. Which healing skill does damage aside this?Would you like to explain yourself ?

@praqtos.9035 said:

You obviously can’t rely exclusively on heals to sustain yourself.That doesnt make bad heals any better, the only good heal I would call is mirage heal

And yet, you don't need to heal that much if you have so many ways to evade/mitigate damages.

@flog.3485 said:

And yet, you don't need to heal that much if you have so many ways to evade/mitigate damages.As good example of GREAT damage and GREAT heal in same time you dont need to walk too far, holosmith - healing turret,AED .As I said , mesmer evades got gudded through nerfing core weapons that had block/evasion, vigor access lowered to necromancer/guardian level. Many classes has more evades than mesmer as they have not just vigor but special traits that boost it beyond normal vigor endurance gain.More questions ?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Never used rampage in any of the duels. It was suddenly about "great facetanksmer chrono'Mesmer healing skill is high tier garbage.Healing skill doesnt do damage unless its revenant shiro heal. Which healing skill does damage aside this?Would like like to explain yourself ?

Sorry for the confusion. I never wanted to say that mesmer heals were doing damages, I was only trying to say that good damages paired with high heals is unbalanced, especially when you get so many ways to mitigate/evade damages.I would also like to add 1v1 balance should never be taken consideration since the only mode you have is 5v5.

@flog.3485 said:

Never used rampage in any of the duels. It was suddenly about "great facetanksmer chrono'Mesmer healing skill is high tier garbage.Healing skill doesnt do damage unless its revenant shiro heal. Which healing skill does damage aside this?Would like like to explain yourself ?

Sorry for the confusion. I never wanted to say that mesmer heals were doing damages, I was only trying to say that good damages paired with high heals is unbalanced, especially when you get so many ways to mitigate/evade damages.Holosmith out-evading poor mesmers with ease, take adrenal implant which is pretty much taken by everyone, what this 6 seconds of quickness when you evade spam like you are daredevil and cooling forge to never be in danger for overheat ? 3 seconds block that can do 10k damage to you ? Invul? Their healing skill can be safely blasted to get 10-12k heals on 20s cd. Stealth on toolbelt for 6s.Have you ever seen holos or only mesmers?

@praqtos.9035 said:

Sorry for the confusion. I never wanted to say that mesmer heals were doing damages, I was only trying to say that good damages paired with high heals is unbalanced, especially when you get so many ways to mitigate/evade damages.Holosmith out-evading poor mesmers with ease, take adrenal implant which is pretty much taken by everyone, what this 6 seconds of quickness when you evade spam like you are daredevil and cooling forge to never be in danger for overheat ? 3 seconds block that can do 10k damage to you ? Invul? Their healing skill can be safely blasted to get 10-12k heals on 20s cd. Stealth on toolbelt for 6s.Have you ever seen holos or only mesmers?

Yes we all know this. And obviously, the good solution here is not to powercreep mesmer to the level of holosmith but rather to tone down the high uptime on dodges and heal paired with good damages.

@praqtos.9035 said:

Sorry for the confusion. I never wanted to say that mesmer heals were doing damages, I was only trying to say that good damages paired with high heals is unbalanced, especially when you get so many ways to mitigate/evade damages.Holosmith out-evading poor mesmers with ease, take adrenal implant which is pretty much taken by everyone, what this 6 seconds of quickness when you evade spam like you are daredevil and cooling forge to never be in danger for overheat ? 3 seconds block that can do 10k damage to you ? Invul? Their healing skill can be safely blasted to get 10-12k heals on 20s cd.

Kite, wait for them to deactivate photon forge then pressure them. If you just jump a holosmith and role your face across the keyboard then yeah, they are going to blow you up. I'm really at a loss to see what the point you're trying to make is. I really just think this is a l2p issue.

@Solori.6025 said:

I would love to see that build. So far it hasGreat dps, personal and group utility, is tanky, and has good heals.If this build exist ( it doesn't)makes you wonder why people are complaining about holo and not mes right?

Where did I say they can do all that in one build? That's the tools they have available to them and you have to build yourself for what you plan on doing. The OP was addressing core mesmer's lack of a good heal. It's good that mesmer doesn't have a strong heal since they already have so many tools to mitigate damage. Could you imagine the kind of monster mesmer would be if it had something like healing signet, consume conditions, or withdraw? I'm not saying mesmer is easy, I'm just saying you shouldn't be relying on your heal to keep you alive.

@"Zexanima.7851" said:I'm just saying you shouldn't be relying on your heal to keep you aliveWhat a pile of BS did I just read...?That's the tools they have available to themClassic argument "but but ... you have it ! Doesnt matter that you cant pack everything in one build, this will make my argument looks better!"

@praqtos.9035 said:

Sorry for the confusion. I never wanted to say that mesmer heals were doing damages, I was only trying to say that good damages paired with high heals is unbalanced, especially when you get so many ways to mitigate/evade damages.Holosmith out-evading poor mesmers with ease, take adrenal implant which is pretty much taken by everyone, what this 6 seconds of quickness when you evade spam like you are daredevil and cooling forge to never be in danger for overheat ? 3 seconds block that can do 10k damage to you ? Invul? Their healing skill can be safely blasted to get 10-12k heals on 20s cd.

Kite, wait for them to deactivate photon forge then pressure them. If you just jump a holosmith and role your face across the keyboard then yeah, they are going to blow you up. I'm really at a loss to see what the point you're trying to make is. I really just think this is a l2p issue.So I have to outplay them hard and they can jump on me, roll their face across the keyboard and win its fine.Why everyone didnt L2P and cry about cmirage all the time? Not just even mirage, mesmer in general. Scepter3 did 10k on demolisher amulet with 2.25 cast time, why didnt everyone just l2p ?In fact I listen that holosmith is overtuned and has too much of everything and best great healing skills , this has nothing to do with "l2p"

What are you even going on about? I just came here to say that mesmer doesnt really need a stronger heal because they have plenty of damage mitigation and now you're whinging about holosmith. You do you though.

@"flog.3485" said:Yes we all know this. And obviously, the good solution here is not to powercreep mesmer to the level of holosmith but rather to tone down the high uptime on dodges and heal paired with good damages.Apparently this special snowflake doesnt. What you talking about, really? After all nerf its hard to find any mesmer in ranked/ good AT team.I dont understand how this would suddenly "break" mesmer if they would have slightly better healing skill.Tbh thats pretty much retarded to see this community devolved to level "you dont need healing skill,just dodge".

@Zexanima.7851 said:

Kite, wait for them to deactivate photon forge then pressure them. If you just jump a holosmith and role your face across the keyboard then yeah, they are going to blow you up. I'm really at a loss to see what the point you're trying to make is. I really just think this is a l2p issue.

Where did I say they can do all that in one build? That's the tools they have available to them and you have to build yourself for what you plan on doing. The OP was addressing core mesmer's lack of a good heal. It's good that mesmer doesn't have a strong heal since they already have so many tools to mitigate damage. Could you imagine the kind of monster mesmer would be if it had something like healing signet, consume conditions, or withdraw? I'm not saying mesmer is easy, I'm just saying you shouldn't be relying on your heal to keep you alive.

. . . . .So this was one of the poor constructed arguments a lot of people had to deal with like 5 months ago. With people listing tools and being like " here you go, you have everything you need" While not putting those tools together in a working build. Their was already an egotistic streamer that tried this, please learn from his mistakes. I could go on to list every tool out of the wiki every class has to make it seem like it works and is present in every working build 100% of the time. When reality is much much different.When you begin to list things a class can do, I and others expect you to have a build ( or something at least )that showcases exactly what you are claiming.

You also have continuum split, echo of memory, blurred frenzy, invisibility,

^ show me a build that can do what you claim, that has what you listed.

IF you can't provide evidence that can back up the claims you make then you are A) Lying about it OR B.) talking about something you have no clue about.

It's like if I said Warriors have a bunker build - List a bunch of traits and utilities- Then claim they have all the tools to 1v5 and it's up to the warrior mains to figure it out.

Telling a class to play like other classes is a non-argument and a little bit silly. "You should kite and not die" is literally what everyone has to do. That type of argument holds literally no ground when talking about a singular aspect of the class. In this case, the healing.ALSO funny you should mention mesmer being a monster. If the damage was anything close to monstrous you would know, because everyone on the forums would be up in arms about how monstrous it is. It already happened, it already got nerfed. So you are late with that claim. By a good 5+ months.

I will tell you about my heals as a chrono main. I use mostly signet of ether and i use it for damage. In openworld basicaly everything dies before it reaches me to my phantasms. If something reaches me i have many blocks and evades.

Mesmer doesnt need healing. It would be much wiser to give better heals to ele for example.

During trio raid encounter on last boss you can chain block/evade/distortion bedorethe boss dies to its burning. Where is the need for heals?