Warclaw allows me to play support build!

Ryudnard.2587

@noot.8641 said:I’m glad you made me notice ESO, since they actually do kitten right in terms of balance and content.And if you google cyrodiil dead I am sure absolutely no word about it dying or having cheaters and imbalance will pop up. Its just hunkydory log right in and have fights in minutes.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roaming? It died long before mounts, with people either relying on broken permastealth/powercreep/disengage and retry builds, or they stick in packs of 5-10. Roaming.

Roaming was still fun before the mount, the mount just destroyed it completely. I used to log into wvw, and always found some small scale fight, the last weeks i just can’t find any decent fight anymore, besides blobbing.People just pass you by with the mount, and run to the tag. Good fun anet, you rly know what your true wvw players want!Thing anet needs to learn is to put a PTS server, so stuff can get tested by players, who know better what is good for the mode.The direction anet is going towards is just pure casual play, blobbing where no skill is required, just mindlessly follow the tag.How long till wvw dies? You are driving your true wvw players away, the ppl that keep wvw alive.Your casual wvw players are not gonna keep the mode alive.You are lucky many ppl invested so much time into the game, that it is hard for them to leave, but one day, things are gonna turn, and i will be here with “i told you so”.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@noot.8641 said:I’m glad you made me notice ESO, since they actually do kitten right in terms of balance and content.And if you google cyrodiil dead I am sure absolutely no word about it dying or having cheaters and imbalance will pop up. Its just hunkydory log right in and have fights in minutes.

Ofcourse people will always say some game mode is dead, and ive been hearing that about wvw for so long, did i believe them? No!I always found wvw fun to play.The mounts just destroyed the game mode that i loved so much.Eso also has mounts in cyrodill, but guess what, devs in eso know what pvp is a about, so they dont give the mount an extra hp bar with not being able to cc, which is a pretty logical decision.What anet cares about is how can we put pve players into wvw without getting ganked, so they can spend more money into the game.The casualness is so filthy in gw2.

The only thing that could get me back playing every day again, is a vanilla server, without all the bs.

@noot.8641 said:

Roaming? It died long before mounts, with people either relying on broken permastealth/powercreep/disengage and retry builds, or they stick in packs of 5-10. Roaming.

Roaming was still fun before the mount, the mount just destroyed it completely. I used to log into wvw, and always found some small scale fight, the last weeks i just can’t find any decent fight anymore, besides blobbing.People just pass you by with the mount, and run to the tag. Good fun anet, you rly know what your true wvw players want!Thing anet needs to learn is to put a PTS server, so stuff can get tested by players, who know better what is good for the mode.The direction anet is going towards is just pure casual play, blobbing where no skill is required, just mindlessly follow the tag.How long till wvw dies? You are driving your true wvw players away, the ppl that keep wvw alive.Your casual wvw players are not gonna keep the mode alive.You are lucky many ppl invested so much time into the game, that it is hard for them to leave, but one day, things are gonna turn, and i will be here with “i told you so”.

Roaming was fun for those who oneshot, gankers, condimesmers, the usual stuff of sheer powercreep that destroyed the game long before mounts did. Plus, the mount WILL get fixed in the future.

@Voltekka.2375 said:Roaming? It died long before mounts, with people either relying on broken permastealth/powercreep/disengage and retry builds, or they stick in packs of 5-10. Roaming.

You can say the same for people blobling too.People using broken support builds to allow broken classes to spam broken AoE skills in packs of 30-50

People will use what they have at their disposal to win, to difference is on roaming i used to see more than just FB's, Scourges and Revenants playing the same build

@noot.8641 said:Roaming is so dead since the release of the mount, sad that they always look after the noob players. This game has become a meme.The only thing that kept me here was the combat, and ofcourse with every balance patch stuff just gets worse.WvW is a blobbing thing only now, congratz anet in killing roaming, you finally did it!I hope you get more money now from all the pve players, because lets face it, that’s always been your goal.I’m glad you made me notice ESO, since they actually do kitten right in terms of balance and content.

Wow you are so salty lol.

@"Anput.4620" said:Literally your comment from the other thread:

Stealth itself is already a problematic issue, as it flat-out denies the opposing player many means of interacting with the stealthed party.

You can replace stealth with mounts, same thing.

Because only 4 of the 9 professions having access to stealth vs. everyone having access to the mount = totally the same thing, right?

But seriously man, why bother? The mount isn't going anywhere, and nothing, no future changes will make you like it. What you "thought" was WvW is over and isn't coming back. Perhaps you should look at other games, rather than coming here and trashing this one on a daily basis?

Choose to be happy, right?

@spectrito.8513 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:Roaming? It died long before mounts, with people either relying on broken permastealth/powercreep/disengage and retry builds, or they stick in packs of 5-10. Roaming.

You can say the same for people blobling too.People using broken support builds to allow broken classes to spam broken AoE skills in packs of 30-50

People will use what they have at their disposal to win, to difference is on roaming i used to see more than just FB's, Scourges and Revenants playing the same build

Only a Sith believe in extremes. Not every zerg is 50 players running around with 20 Scourges, 20 FBs, and 10 Revenants y'know. I recognize that hyperbolic stances like that support your narrative, but it's factually incorrect.

FBs, Scourges and Revenants are staples of zergs, that is true.But so are Staff ElesSo are Healing TempestsSo are Medi ScrappersSo are various Mesmer buildsSo are Spellbreakers

It's easy to crap on a style of gameplay by accusing it of only using 3 professions and running only in 50 person blobs, but the truth is many a time a zerg is running 20-30 players, with 7 of the 9 professions regularly represented, and sometimes they even let LB Rangers and Staff DD join the fun.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

Only a Sith believe in extremes. Not every zerg is 50 players running around with 20 Scourges, 20 FBs, and 10 Revenants y'know. I recognize that hyperbolic stances like that support your narrative, but it's factually incorrect.

FBs, Scourges and Revenants are staples of zergs, that is true.But so are Staff ElesSo are Healing TempestsSo are Medi ScrappersSo are various Mesmer buildsSo are Spellbreakers

It's easy to kitten on a style of gameplay by accusing it of only using 3 professions and running only in 50 person blobs, but the truth is many a time a zerg is running 20-30 players, with 7 of the 9 professions regularly represented, and sometimes they even let LB Rangers and Staff DD join the fun.

Ur misconstruing classes or builds being used in zergs that are the most viable for their prefered class/spec with classes that have actual impact in zergs ie fb,scourge,herald and to a lesser extent staff ele and splb.The rest are used by people not caring about being the most impactful but wanting to use their preferred class and choosing a build that at least allows them to add something to the zerg. Not to say that some people dont enjoy fb or scourge themselves.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

I give you scrappers, but there's no point to bring tempests when FB's and scrappers offers way more support and raw healing, auras are still just meh.Mesmer and Warriors are there to cast a single skill there's no point to have more than 2-3 of themEles are just too unreliable and skill lag makes even worse. If you miss a meteor shower you wont do much in a fight.Revs offers boon support, consistent reliable damage and they wont kill themselves from retal.

It's easy to kitten on a style of gameplay by accusing it of only using 3 professions and running only in 50 person blobs, but the truth is many a time a zerg is running 20-30 players, with 7 of the 9 professions regularly represented, and sometimes they even let LB Rangers and Staff DD join the fun.

Sure you can play anything in a pug, just like you can go to a war wearing a swimsuit.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:FBs, Scourges and Revenants are staples of zergs, that is true.But so are Staff ElesSo are Healing TempestsSo are Medi ScrappersSo are various Mesmer buildsSo are SpellbreakersStaples, lol. Bubbles are no longer used, any spellbreaker in the zerg is mostly just a token kindness from the commander to poor guildies wanting to play warriors. "Various mesmer builds" is just because commanders dont care about what builds mesmers use, they bring maybe 1 along for a veil... which they then promptly never use because stealth is better stacked with gyros. Healing tempests is not needed nor wanted. Staff eles well I give you that, they are wanted for meteor showers... maybe 2-3 people. Hardly "staples". The only class that would be a staple is the scrapper because it's often as much as 1 per party that is desired.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@Ryudnard.2587 said:Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

This, so much. I roam, and I play in zergs, and I get it. Of course, there are people complaining now, that they can't just gank the kitten out of anyone, alone. Well? I also think that's fair. It's fair if I am on my build, which more suited for roaming. Chances are that those who run from fights are anyway not the people giving good fights or even wanting to fight. I don't see what's wrong with that. It's fair if I'm only my zerg-build and
don't want to get into those fights
, because I get nothing out of them. No participation, no loot, no xp, no nothing!

And you know what? I guess many of those people complaining are the ones, that use their own movement skills, stealth and teleports to disengage from a fight, that's going south.. They
get on their mount
and escape! Oh the hypocrisy.I say thee nay! I'd definitely do the same, when I am in trouble. And so it's only fair, there is no need to complain.

Mounts are a good thing, they're there to stay and I hope Anet does not make them irrelevant with some kind of too easily obtainable and usable dismount trap or skill from which you cannot escape.

It is not fair because that is how PvP works. Builds have up and downsides and aren't good for every situation, that doesn't naje we should just make their weaker situations skippable. Also ignoring it is objectively overtuned here.

Also killing someone is fun, the poeple that like to kill poeple don't do it for the loot or the XP or whatever. See: most PvP games.

Literally your comment from the other thread:

Stealth itself is already a problematic issue, as it flat-out denies the opposing player many means of interacting with the stealthed party.

You can replace stealth with mounts, same thing.Except that the builds still have their downsides. The warclaw offer more flexibility, it doesnt change the build of the player. Same thing with stealth. It doesnt change any of the inherent flaws of the build/class using it.

The downsides these builds have apply to a situation that the mount allows you to avoid, thus negating such downsides.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@Anput.4620 said:Literally your comment from the other thread:

You can replace stealth with mounts, same thing.

Because only 4 of the 9 professions having access to stealth vs. everyone having access to the mount = totally the same thing, right?

But seriously man, why bother? The mount isn't going anywhere, and nothing, no future changes will make you like it. What you "thought" was WvW is over and isn't coming back. Perhaps you should look at other games, rather than coming here and trashing this one on a daily basis?

Choose to be happy, right?

Not asking for removal, just adjustments to make it not-objectively overtuned

This also makes it even worse, you give something few porfessions can do to every profession without any compensation to those whom can which meanse that relatively the warclaw is way more of a buff to some than other professions which skews balance, also, why is being non-interactable suddenly ok when everyone can do it? That just creates a toxic situation overall.

@Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:Yes mounts are great, roaming isnt an intended playstyle anyways.

What are all these small-scale objectives? What did they say about ruins again? Something something solo players fighting over them finding small skirmishes something?

Incentive was there, mount is objectively overtuned. There is a reason they are still looking into it Soontm.

@Hitman.5829 said:

@Hesacon.8735 said:My thief can outrun a centaur.

But in all seriousness, I had roamed on thief for about 2 years because it was the fastest way to get anywhere and could win 1v1s against most things that weren't spamming conditions (in which case I'd just run away since I can't usually win that one). Nothing could catch my build unmounted, maybe a couple revs (yes, revs) got close, but ultimately I could lose them or they were so far ahead of their friends I could properly 1v1 them.

Now with mounts, I no longer feel compelled to play thief, since all classes and builds get across the map equally quickly. Once I'm in combat on most classes I have to fight, which is fine, but I no longer have to kitten myself with a swiftness build or runes of the traveler to roam on anything that isn't a thief.

Thief is still one of the top speed classes in the game and yes war claw makes them ever more overpowered speed-wise.All you need to do is have some stealth, get out of combat and mount again. The only classes that can do this are:
  • Thieves
  • mesmers
  • Rangers
  • Engineers

And this is thanks to the BS mechanic of stealth and their high mobility, everyone else is doomed.They also have the option to portal away while in stealth it they are facing a huge number of enemy players.

I have to agree with you on this one.It is really annoying that when they get very low on health, they just stealth and are able to OOC so fast and mount up.

They could disengage before, the mount doesn't change anything.

The mount helps stealth classes a lot, even more than non stealth classes.A stealth class has high mobility, they can disengage and mount then use 3 mount dodges to travel more distance.

The more skillful players will dismount then use more stealth to throw enemies off. A skillful thief will follow this rotation:1.- get out of combat2.- Mount3.- Press mount dodge 3 times4.- dismount5.- Stealth again6.- remain in stealth or port away

Easy.Non stealth players follow these rotations:1.- Try to get out of combat2.- Run3.- Block, evade, invul4.- Heal.5.- Run6.- Die

before warclaw, stealth classes could escapeAfter warclaw, stealth classes can escape

Before warclaw, non-stealth classes could escapeAfter warclaw, non-stealth classes cannot escape.

For you to say that "the mount doesn't change anything" is a very wrong statement.

what? you say exactly what im saying whole time already beside last part which doesnt make sense

roamers are still in massive advantage over all other classes who now think they can roam cus they have warclaw cus moment u dismount u lose all mobility over the roamer classes..but

before warclaw, stealth classes could escapeAfter warclaw, stealth classes can escape

Before warclaw, non-stealth classes could escapeAfter warclaw, non-stealth classes cannot escape.

yes before we could escapeafter we can escape.

other classesbefore couldnt escapeafter can escape.

i mean if im the thief and ur w/eif i stealth up and get out of combat, then u got out of combat also which means u can mount up and escape.at this point i might be able to catch up if i have ports etc up but i might not be able to dismount u so u got far greater chance to get away now with mount.if we didnt had mount u would have to run which u would never ever out run me on thief.

@Obtena.7952 said:Oh nice, the same usual suspects complaining about mounts because they don't like that the game isn't how they think it should be. How's that working for you fellas?

A lot better than your reading skills apparently lmao

I dont think you even read the OP whereas a dismount skill and dismount trap are on the way. (Bit off topic now)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Obtena.7952 said:Oh nice, the same usual suspects complaining about mounts because they don't like that the game isn't how they think it should be. How's that working for you fellas?

I dont think you even read the OP whereas a dismount skill and dismount trap are on the way. (Bit off topic now)

I read th OP and I'm aware of these developments ... yet I still see the same people complaining about mounts with these things coming. bad craftsmen always blame their tools.

@Obtena.7952 said:

I read th OP and I'm aware of these developments ... yet I still see the same people complaining about mounts with these things coming. bad craftsmen always blame their tools.

Can I have what you're having?

Also I see no complaints, unless criticism, observations and feedback count as complaints?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Also I see no complaints, unless criticism, observations and feedback count as complaints?

I don't know, can you? Still the same complaints from the same people. I think the best part is that they have adapted to the change ... just like they were told they will have to. Feels good to know how things will shape up.

@Obtena.7952 said:

I don't know, can you? Still the same complaints from the same people. I think the best part is that they have adapted to the change ... just like they were told they will have to. Feels good to know how things will shape up.

Yes it was good to hear from Anet they will be adding dismounts and various mechanics to the mount. This should open up build diversity again, I can go back to using Celestial builds and it took a while to craft a full set.

I assume the quality of my fights will go up again once its implemented and the roamers come back to the game (the ones who adapted).

If they can handle it of course as a dismount skill would ultimately make it harder for "gankers" and roamers alike.. predator will become prey to the masses.

As I said to another user, maybe ive got you guys pegged all wrong, I thought you guys were zergers afraid to be ganked but maybe youre actually one of these "gankers" you claim to hate knowing full well that a dismount skill would ultimately make your life harder.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yes it was good to hear from Anet they will be adding dismounts and various mechanics to the mount. This should open up build diversity again, I can go back to using Celestial builds and it took a while to craft a full set.

I assume the quality of my fights will go up again once its implemented and the roamers come back to the game (the ones who adapted).

If they can handle it of course as a dismount skill would ultimately make it harder for "gankers" and roamers alike.. predator will become prey to the masses.

As I said to another user, maybe ive got you guys pegged all wrong, I thought you guys were zergers afraid to be ganked but maybe youre actually one of these "gankers" you claim to hate knowing full well that a dismount skill would ultimately make your life harder.

Assume what you will about whoever you want if it satisfies your desire to play those games with yourself. I doubt actually that the dismount skill will prevent the complaining from the people who dislike the mount because the issue isn't that people can't be dismounted for them ... it's the fact that the mount simply exists. There are already ways to dismount people.

@Ryudnard.2587 said:Back in the day, I would have never been able to play my healing ele in WvW. It was near impossible for me to reach to the tag.

There were thiefs and the small elite group camping/ganking me and I had no means to escape or survive. It almost felt like griefing. I hated WvW for that reason. It reminded me of the corpse camping in WoW.

Now that I have a warclaw, they only catch me if theres more than 4 people nuking the hell out of me at the same time, and my position was bad and did not dodge. Under my territory, I find myself very comfortable surviving from them. If it is the enemey terriotry, highly likely they will outrun me and I die eventually.

I think this is fair. I always have a choice. If i want to fight the roamers that are camping, i can dismount and fight. If I want to ditch them, I will do it but they can still catch me fairly easy if it is their territory.

It makes ppt matters.Very well said. This is why I am so unhappy with ANet wanting to nerf the Warclaw so badly.

@Klipso.8653 said:Warclaw needs to be nerfed because it unintentionally allows elementalists to be played.So ANet's Ele hate is real? And, their continuous nerfing of the Warclaw is actually a message to tempest healers; you guys deserved to be ganked.