Bunker builds has a bit too much presence

Ferahn.2896

Bunker builds are very dominant right now. If you're alone and you see one standing on a point there's next to no chance that you gonna be able to take it off him. Depending on the build that you're using you might be able to do it if you spend a ludicrous amount of time, but that is as far from efficient that you can get. I know that myself and others find bunker builds to be as anti-fun that you can get. Fighting them feels hopeless unless you're 3 people, 2 depending on builds. The amount of times I've seen people write in chat "Just leave the scrapper there" when people kept running and spending 2-3 minutes fighting him is starting to stack up. I really hope something is in the works for bunker builds, its killing the fun for both me and my buddy that I usually play PvP with. I really like this game and it sucks to see so many people getting riled up about builds that are next to immortal.

Another note about bunker builds is the lack of skill expression. Even if the bunker player is worse then the other player, the bunker might win the fight just by being able to stand there for a century. This feels really bad for the player that is better then him, knowing that they can't do anything to kill the guy even though the bunker is performing worse feels hopeless. It's not fun in any shape of form.

Any thoughts or something to add to the discussion? I'd like to know your thoughts about bunker builds or any tips on what I can do against them. I used to play as a condition sage but recently moved over to a power mirage that I found on Shorts channel. I usually focus on killing necros and rangers but sometimes I'm faced against a bunker and currently I find it easier to weep in a corner then to face them unless I have 2 others with me.

I saw an engineer with a CC build where he just constantly punted an enemy scrapper off point until they got bored and went elsewhere. He then proceeded to follow the scrapper all match and deny him the ability to camp a point, it was pretty brutal. In short, excessive cc will allow you to bypass paying attention to the scrapper, otherwise you have to wait for their barrier and stability to go down for an opening.

@Ranageki.2491 said:I saw an engineer with a CC build where he just constantly punted an enemy scrapper off point until they got bored and went elsewhere. He then proceeded to follow the scrapper all match and deny him the ability to camp a point, it was pretty brutal. In short, excessive cc will allow you to bypass paying attention to the scrapper, otherwise you have to wait for their barrier and stability to go down for an opening.

Oh, I do this all the time when I'm playing prot holo. I'll punt scrappers around, decap points from them, then full cap the points, then follow them around when they try to leave.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses.

You're being surprisingly hostile. I never claimed that any of the classes are common or that this is a bunker meta. I do however feel like scrappers and weavers are quite common, I see them nearly every game. I don't believe you are reading the same text that I wrote judging by your reply, you might want to invest in some new glasses.

@"FyzE.3472" said:Yeah I'm so tired of people not dying to my one-shot build! I mean, I invested everything to one-shot things and I can't. This is obviously not how it should be!

I know it's sarcasm from you probably but the thing is a player that facetankes a full predictable burst combo should not be able to surivive - no matter if he's "bunker" or not.Lazy and bad gameplay never should be rewarded and when a firebrand, scrapper or soulbeast fails to evade obvious animations he should be punished and not faceroll over the keyboard acting like nothing happend.

@dominik.9721 said:

@"FyzE.3472" said:Yeah I'm so tired of people not dying to my one-shot build! I mean, I invested everything to one-shot things and I can't. This is obviously not how it should be!

I know it's sarcasm from you probably but the thing is a player that facetankes a full predictable burst combo should not be able to surivive - no matter if he's "bunker" or not.Lazy and bad gameplay never should be rewarded and when a firebrand, scrapper or soulbeast fails to evade obvious animations he should be punished and not faceroll over the keyboard acting like nothing happend.

Yeah well, then again, you can't say that they are not forced into defense mode right at that second. Which you can take advantage of.

@FyzE.3472 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:Yeah I'm so tired of people not dying to my one-shot build! I mean, I invested everything to one-shot things and I can't. This is obviously not how it should be!

Yeah well, then again, you can't say that they are not forced into defense mode right at that second. Which you can take advantage of.

Tbh I've read your sentence now 10 times and still couldn't understand it.

@dominik.9721 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:Yeah I'm so tired of people not dying to my one-shot build! I mean, I invested everything to one-shot things and I can't. This is obviously not how it should be!

Tbh I've read your sentence now 10 times and still couldn't understand it.

Glad I wasn't the only one

@Ferahn.2896

1. There are no applicable good bunkers in play right now outside of Scrapper.
  2. If a Scrapper is packing Blast Gyro and Throw Landmine for the ultra CC, you should be able to kill him easily.
  3. Under no circumstances should you ever be trying to 1v1 a Scrapper. The only exception to this rule is if you are running some serious 1-shot monkey business and actually know how to use it.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses

hhmm, there's the fb tho, not exatcly a bunker but it has the ability to make his team outsustain the other team in fights, and it's pretty common, than you sit he scrapper in 1 pnt and fb+2 elsewhere the game is kinda over, unless you have a similar comp. Add a scourge to this mix. and gg

This is not what I meant. I'm okay with people surviving one shots and built to survive, but not to the extent that you feel like you're using your nails to break down a brick wall. Its straight up not fun. Many people are taking a break from PvP cause its just not fun to play right now. There's a heavy lack of diversity and some bunker builds are just not killable. I played quite a bit of FB and it was not uncommon for me to survive for 2-3 minutes against 2 people, sometimes I had 3 people chasing me for like 40 seconds before they were able to get me down. Its ridiculous.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:there is one common bunker build. ONE. chronobunker, boonbeast, prot holo, and weaver are all not very common. one build does not make this a bunker meta. we are in a burst meta, get some glasses

hhmm, there's the fb tho, not exatcly a bunker but it has the ability to make his team outsustain the other team in fights, and it's pretty common, than you sit he scrapper in 1 pnt and fb+2 elsewhere the game is kinda over, unless you have a similar comp. Add a scourge to this mix. and gg

FB is anything but bunker. If you blow your cool-downs/ have kitten teammates you are useless. A FB healer can never hold a point alone -- only against another healer fb lol.

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:FB is anything but bunker. If you blow your cool-downs/ have kitten teammates you are useless. A FB healer can never hold a point alone -- only against another healer fb lol.

What do you mean FB is not a bunker build? The build is called "Mantra Bunker" https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Mantra_Bunker

It does not have to be the strongest bunker build out there to be classified as a bunker. Its definitely not as strong as a scrapper at holding points but it very much can, I do this every game I play as a FB.

@Ferahn.2896 said:

@"ollbirtan.2915" said:FB is anything but bunker. If you blow your cool-downs/ have kitten teammates you are useless. A FB healer can never hold a point alone -- only against another healer fb lol.

What do you mean FB is not a bunker build? The build is called "Mantra Bunker"

It does not have to be the strongest bunker build out there to be classified as a bunker. Its definitely not as strong as a scrapper at holding points but it very much can, I do this every game I play as a FB.

FB is not a Bunker. FB is a Support build.

A real Bunker has to be entirely self sufficient while solo defending in 1v2s, to be able to do his job and draw numbers for the team. FB cannot do this like a Scrapper. The FB's survival relies on his team's counter offensive pressure to keep him alive. The FB if he is alone, is a much easier to kill target than a Scrapper, which is an actual Bunker. That build in metabattle is labeled wrong. It should be name Mantra Support. Hell, a Tempest Auramancer is a more self sufficient Bunker than a FB is.