Skyscale for gold option please?

@Jangle.5986 said:

Someone will make a thread soon showing the stats from gw2 efficiency. The % of people giving up after the 1st collections is already highlighting the scale of the problem. The number of completions is also hilarious.

Pure gold purchase is obviously not the way to go, neither are boring endless collections for a very mediocre mount.

Like many others I've earnt hundreds of mounts in different mmo's over 15 odd yrs, this is up definitely up there with the worst. Surprisingly, there are many ways of making it fun and compelling for the majority, who knew...

It is interesting what they have done with mounts. The first 4 were just a case of a heart. The griffon was basically gated behind the story and 250 gold. Then the beetle took you everywhere but nothing too insane. Then the warclaw had all kinds of stuff. Then this one was worse the more you knew about it.

You can spend your time doing other things in the game, just do like one collection per day for the skyscale, it shouldn't take too much time. Or is it really that important to have it within the first week from when it's released? To own it before most other players?People complained like this regarding the griffon as well, and it's not even half of the work that's needed for the skyscale. When you've worked for something during a longer period of time, the reward of getting it actually feels greater.

@Jangle.5986 said:

As said, look up the gw2 efficiency stats for the percentage of people that have given up after doing just the first collection and the acquisition rate, clearly this gw2 way of doing things isn't working.

Sorry to digress, but can you link to that? I use GW2Efficiency but didn't know you could see stats like that. Thanks!

And at this point I'm so disgusted with the whole grind of Skyscale acquisition that I wouldn't care if you bought it with gold, if it fell out of the sky into your home instance, if your toon had to dance for an hour to get it, anything. I may or may not have mine in a few weeks, because after the eggs and scales scavenger hunts I have never been so bored with game content. Repeating the same thing day after day after day after day.

@kratan.4619 said:Totally disagree, either do the collections or do not get the mount, no gold option is necessary. If a person does not want to do the collections, then they do not want the mount bad enough.

Mounts are not an option for PoF and on maps. They were designed with mounts in mind and players will need them to progress at certain times, so please don’t make it seem as if mounts are now purely optional.

Requests <<< Feedback

Feedback: It's not fun because ...Request: Please change it to ...

This is open world content, that offers a high end goal, that you can obtain by playing EASY open world content.If you didn't like raids, and always wanted endgame stuff for players who don't like hard challenging content, this is it.

Now just do it, explore it, and say what you did and what you didn't like so that the next thing is more fun to play.

Skipping content (through gold or wallet or other) imo is not something Arenanet should invest any time in. If they're just going to make the game but design in backstop incase you may or may not like it, they might as well stop developing for this game.

@"Blocki.4931" said:It just shows how many people hate to play the game, yet find themselves "forced to do it" for a mount. That opinion has been echoed too many times. Only the first couple of collections were bad, the rest was perfectly fine and reasonable.

I can see wanting to do different content but some of the attitudes I have encountered during all this are just bizarre. Like people unwilling to farm home nodes because it 'only' gives them 3 of each mat for a couple of minutes of gathering. If they stopped complaining and just gathered they would have a stack of each in no time.

I don't think either gold nor timegates are a good solution.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:I mean, I want to just skip raiding and get the legendary armor for gold.

Although you are probably being sarcastic here, the thing is Raiding is engaging and fun content that actually not only includes actual gameplay, but is purely that.The content in of itself is satisfying to play and conquer, and rewards just serve as a carrot on top of that or to incentivise the first engagement with the content to get people to try it out in the first place.That's how content and rewards should be structured.

As much as things like entitlement etc. are thrown around with people complaining about the process of acquiring the Skyscale, I think more than anything the people complaining just like GW2 and want to actually play it, not wait around for timegates, or run around an press F on things.

The call for just making it just a gold cost is, in my eyes, just a desperate call to actually want to play GW2, as they then can substitute the press F and wait collections for actual gameplay they want to engage in which happens to reward gold, instead of it being a sensible alternative to be suggested.

Just imagine a world in which Anet made LW instances into hard mode 5 man dungeons you unlock after completing the story.Aside from actually providing long term repeatable content with the LW, which it's desperately missing, it would also create opportunities to put rewards such as this mount behind the completion of actual gameplay such as that. Requiring you to run all the LW instances with a group, completing new bonus objectives etc.

Even if that were to take a week or more to get the reward, people would be too busy having a blast actually playing the game to complain much.

We don't need arbitrary gold costs, timegates or arduous collections, what we actually need is gameplay.

Anet needs to stop looking at the lowest possible denominator, asking themselves what is something literally everybody can do, "move their character and press F?, alright, let's do that", and actually give us content to play to put these rewards behind.