We need Traditional Chinese!!

Unlike requests for Russian or Portuguese (for which ANet says there aren't any plans to implement for the foreseeable future), Chinese is already implemented for the China version of the game. However, the translations are handled by ANet's business partner in China, so I don't know that its implementation on the EU/NA side is within their control.

However, the primary determining factor is always going to be cost versus benefit: how much will it cost to add Chinese? How much will it cost to maintain? How much will that slow down releases (and increase the potential size of the client download)? And how many more games/gems will they sell if they do.

tl;dr not very likely. Another intriguing idea that probably isn't cost effective

• 11 months later...

we are not came frome China,and we are using a language is "Traditional Chinese Language", not the same as Chinese people, they are using "Simplified Chinese Language"It's a beautiful game world, but some times... we can't understand all the story movie, when we are join the story.we really need "Simplified Chinese Language" please help us.

@"EchoChrome.4256" said:we are not came frome China,and we are using a language is "Traditional Chinese Language", not the same as Chinese people, they are using "Simplified Chinese Language"It's a beautiful game world, but some times... we can't understand all the story movie, when we are join the story.we really need "Simplified Chinese Language" please help us.

How many Chinese players actually play GW2? I agree that many Chinese people don't speak ENG very well, from my huge experience in Alibaba ;)

I think he means this (in Guild Wars 1 you can choose either simplified or traditional):

Traditional Chinese characters are Chinese characters in any character set that does not contain newly created characters or character substitutions performed after 1946. They are most commonly the characters in the standardized character sets of Taiwan, of Hong Kong and Macau, and in the Kangxi Dictionary.

From Wikipedia, so it is just another character set for the same language that is Chinese.

Since the game is already available in Chinese I think it would make sense to offer that as an option for the NA/EU version. I can't imagine it would take a lot of time or effort to transfer the text and voice files, certainly not as much as it would take to translate it into a new language. I'm not sure if the Chinese client uses Simplified or Traditional Chinese however.

@"EchoChrome.4256" said:we are not came frome China,and we are using a language is "Traditional Chinese Language", not the same as Chinese people, they are using "Simplified Chinese Language"It's a beautiful game world, but some times... we can't understand all the story movie, when we are join the story.we really need "Simplified Chinese Language" please help us.

Hong Kong is using Traditional Chinese, and they are from ChinaTaiwan's full name is "Republic of China", so they are from China too