The Skyscale Saddle - Page 6 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

The Skyscale Saddle

12346>

Comments

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

The collection after the saddle is just to visit and use 28 rifts. Super fast. You recieve the mount and unlocked masteries on completion

• FrizzFreston.5290FrizzFreston.5290 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019

@Menadena.7482 said:

@bOTEB.1573 said:
    Players are steadily moving to instant gratification request. This thread is the step before you want to buy the mount with gold (and there is a thread about that BTW). And after that is the instant gratification, because players won't stop here - they didn't stop after ANET said they will reduce the time gates :)

I have to look at that thread but I would not call that an unreasonable request. Players likely just want to earn their mount their own way.

It's still an RPG, and this is like a very long quest chain. There is no earning it your own way.

Since the saddle is the topic. You cannot mount your dragon without a saddle. This saddle is custom made as, per the queststory, you're making it from scratch, custom made. THis is.. well... expensive.

• well I only find out today about the saddle not that anyone had mentioned it before now, but the currencies I don't have as the areas were so damned dull the events were not engaging at all so I didn't bother going back, so I think I shall leave it there, I am not going to bother and I am going to play spend time in another game that doesn't hide stuff away and lets you know what you need to achieve something

• Inoki.6048Inoki.6048 Member ✭✭✭

anet's definition of fun. what's left to say.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Graymalkyn.8076 said:
    I think ultimately the question people have isn't instant gratification, or cost, or effort, or any of that...it's that this mount is so hard to get and offeres so little compared to the other mounts.

Raptor = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travel
    Springer = Renowned heart task = Vertical leap
    Skimmer = Renowned heart task = Fast water travel
    Jackal = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travel / limited teleport
    Roller Beetle = A few relatively simple collections = Very fast ground travel
    Griffon = A few more difficult collections / 250 gold = Extended air travel
    Warclaw = ~8 hours in WvW = Usable in WvW
    Skyscale = Multiple collections / Timegated / Extensive grinding in old zones = Hovering at about the altitude a springer can jump / Cling (but not climb) to walls.

It just seems like our expectations were for this to be along the lines of the simpler mounts considering it's grievous limitations. Then to realize that we need to do what is akin to legendary weapon effort to get it...

We're just trying to wrap our heads around why. What was the reason behind why this one is so much more difficult, time consuming, and costly, than the others?

Because it can fly, there are many new rift events on countless maps tied to it and with the mastery it is far better than the Springer because being able to fly also allows you to reposition easily around tight edges. If you compare them, compare their base abilities. The Springer is awful before you master the super high jump. Hope that answers your question!

Very passive aggressively chuckling, because I'm totally not mad on the Internet.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Graymalkyn.8076 said:
    I think ultimately the question people have isn't instant gratification, or cost, or effort, or any of that individually, but all combined so that this mount is so hard to get and offers so little compared to the other mounts.

Raptor = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travel
    Springer = Renowned heart task = Vertical leap
    Skimmer = Renowned heart task = Fast water travel
    Jackal = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travel / limited teleport
    Roller Beetle = A few relatively simple collections = Very fast ground travel
    Griffon = A few more difficult collections / 250 gold = Extended air travel
    Warclaw = ~8 hours in WvW = Usable in WvW
    Skyscale = Multiple collections / Timegated / Extensive grinding in old zones = Hovering at about the altitude a springer can jump / Cling (but not climb) to walls.

It just seems like our expectations were for this to be along the lines of the simpler mounts considering it's grievous limitations. Then to realize that we need to do what is akin to legendary weapon effort to get it...

We're just trying to wrap our heads around why. What was the reason behind why this one is so much more difficult, time consuming, and costly, than the others?

The Skyscale does have a limited climbing ability. You can wall jump upwards twice with a full stamina bar. Pop bond of vigor after and its four times.

• Apparently this thread was not meant to stay on track, so we're going to get off this saddle right now ;) Feel free to post about the various aspects of the Skyscale in the relevant thread. And if one doesn't exist on the topic you want to discuss, create it!

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.