The Skyscale Saddle

well I only find out today about the saddle not that anyone had mentioned it before now, but the currencies I don't have as the areas were so damned dull the events were not engaging at all so I didn't bother going back, so I think I shall leave it there, I am not going to bother and I am going to play spend time in another game that doesn't hide stuff away and lets you know what you need to achieve something

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think ultimately the question people have isn't instant gratification, or cost, or effort, or any of that individually, but all combined so that this mount is so hard to get and offers so little compared to the other mounts.

Raptor = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travelSpringer = Renowned heart task = Vertical leapSkimmer = Renowned heart task = Fast water travelJackal = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travel / limited teleportRoller Beetle = A few relatively simple collections = Very fast ground travelGriffon = A few more difficult collections / 250 gold = Extended air travelWarclaw = ~8 hours in WvW = Usable in WvWSkyscale = Multiple collections / Timegated / Extensive grinding in old zones = Hovering at about the altitude a springer can jump / Cling (but not climb) to walls.

It just seems like our expectations were for this to be along the lines of the simpler mounts considering it's grievous limitations. Then to realize that we need to do what is akin to legendary weapon effort to get it...

We're just trying to wrap our heads around why. What was the reason behind why this one is so much more difficult, time consuming, and costly, than the others?

@Graymalkyn.8076 said:I think ultimately the question people have isn't instant gratification, or cost, or effort, or any of that...it's that this mount is so hard to get and offeres so little compared to the other mounts.

Raptor = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travelSpringer = Renowned heart task = Vertical leapSkimmer = Renowned heart task = Fast water travelJackal = Renowned heart task = Fast ground travel / limited teleportRoller Beetle = A few relatively simple collections = Very fast ground travelGriffon = A few more difficult collections / 250 gold = Extended air travelWarclaw = ~8 hours in WvW = Usable in WvWSkyscale = Multiple collections / Timegated / Extensive grinding in old zones = Hovering at about the altitude a springer can jump / Cling (but not climb) to walls.

It just seems like our expectations were for this to be along the lines of the simpler mounts considering it's grievous limitations. Then to realize that we need to do what is akin to legendary weapon effort to get it...

We're just trying to wrap our heads around why. What was the reason behind why this one is so much more difficult, time consuming, and costly, than the others?

Because it can fly, there are many new rift events on countless maps tied to it and with the mastery it is far better than the Springer because being able to fly also allows you to reposition easily around tight edges. If you compare them, compare their base abilities. The Springer is awful before you master the super high jump. Hope that answers your question!

@Graymalkyn.8076 said:I think ultimately the question people have isn't instant gratification, or cost, or effort, or any of that individually, but all combined so that this mount is so hard to get and offers so little compared to the other mounts.

The Skyscale does have a limited climbing ability. You can wall jump upwards twice with a full stamina bar. Pop bond of vigor after and its four times.