Is Soulbeast the new DH?

witcher.3197

@xp eke xp.6724 said:he can block, blind and dodge all dmg you can bring and otherwise he has countinual dmg with his symboles. Even with unblock bulky dhs/fb have enought options to reduse your dmg and heal them completely back and then he still didnt kite.

Cmon man even thieves can block, blind and bring all the dmg they can bring... That's a mediocre statement to which all classes can relate.

@xp eke xp.6724 said:i also saw some FB playing with gostweapons for more onpoint dmg and that works too.

I've saw the build you linked, nothing spectacular tbh. A mender/scrapper setup won't give you enough dps to pierce, alone, a scrapper/druid/bunker soulbeast/bunker weaver's defense.But the last statement was the thing that got me the most. If you are losing a 1v1 vs a guardian with spirit weapons we cannot talk. I'm clearly on a different league.

@xp eke xp.6724 said:just cause noone plays theyr class well enouth it doesnt mean i didnt do my homeworks

Are you claiming to know the guardian better than anyone? LMAO lemme give you an adivice, do your homework better.

Ps: I never thought that one day I would find myself on the guardians side.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"praqtos.9035" said:most favorite Anet child

Hey.

Hey.

How about let's not use "anet's favorite child" for everything that happens to be strong at the moment. Every class in this game, with the exception of mesmer, has spent significant time in E tier, with their builds fully unviable for pvp play of any kind. Further, the two class specs you mentioned
just climbed out of the unviable pit.

That's mesmer's title, thank ye. We can punt that title around when/if they sink below B tier competitively.

Since when was engineer E-tier, need I remind you of cele engineer? Scrapper all through HoT, Holo through all of PoF. Zan made top 3 on EU as explosives Holo without having a weapon equiped.

Warriors had many different viable, even meta breaking builds in vanilla. Namely shoutbow and hambow. Zerker was very dominant after the bunker hype at the start of HoT died down with the death of Chronobunker. Spellbreaker has been meta defining basically all the way through PoF.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@praqtos.9035 said:most favorite Anet child

Hey.

Hey.

How about let's not use "anet's favorite child" for everything that happens to be strong at the moment. Every class in this game, with the exception of mesmer, has spent significant time in E tier, with their builds fully unviable for pvp play of any kind. Further, the two class specs you mentioned
just climbed out of the unviable pit.

That's mesmer's title, thank ye. We can punt that title around when/if they sink below B tier competitively.

Since when was engineer E-tier, need I remind you of cele engineer? Scrapper all through HoT, Holo through all of PoF. Zan made top 3 on EU as explosives Holo without having a weapon equiped.

Warriors had many different viable, even meta breaking builds in vanilla. Namely shoutbow and hambow. Zerker was very dominant after the bunker hype at the start of HoT died down with the death of Chronobunker. Spellbreaker has been meta defining basically all the way through PoF.

Core Warrior hit unviable tier back in 2016 or so when they gutted healing signet without providing any buffs to sustain or other heals.Berserker hit unviable up until recently, when they nerfed condition specs and made all zerkmode bursts count as level 1Core engie remains unviable . It was obnoxious once under turret engie builds, but after those builds were hit it never fully recovered and has been dipping in and out of viability since.Scrapper was unviable until recently, and is currently overtuned.

Yes, Warrior at one point had good builds. Yes, Engie at one point had good builds. Yes Both of those classes have a spec that is currently overperforming.

What I was trying to point out was that, while both of these classes were dipped in unviability for some time, either in core or on one of their specs, Mesmer and its denominations have never had a spec that just plain did not work. They have always had a spec that was meta, or close to meta, and then others that are just good, that potentially become meta when buffs and reworks are applied. Every spec on mesmer, even throughout its various weapon nerfs and changes, had a setup that was viable for pvp since the game's start in 2012.

Again, keep in mind this is all about a trivial forum-issued title. I have my issues with mesmers, but I am not pushing for any additional nerfs to their builds at this time or anything. I am just pointing out that if any class is favored, it's probably the one that has avoided being punted out of viability by a nerf or rework the most.

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:Dude, its like talking to a wall... why bother?

I'll have you know I am not just any wall , I am a WonderWall. Both "W"'s capitalized.Put some respect on my ability to be absolutely unreasonableswayed by any assertion that is not hard proven, forever.

@"Azure The Heartless.3261" said:They have always had a spec that was meta, or close to meta, and then others that are just good, that potentially become meta when buffs and reworks are applied. Every spec on mesmer, even throughout its various weapon nerfs and changes, had a setup that was viable for pvp since the game's start in 2012.Mesmer was completely viable since 2012? Why it was played by only one person in entire gw and anyway had to reroll thief anyway? XephThen there was Helseth/supcutie who ever played mesmer and not because the portal, because they were exceptionally good at it and brought a portal/moa.Despite how bad mesmer was compared to other specs at that time this 2 skills made mesmer "always work"Put some respect on my ability to be absolutely unreasonable forever.Respect..who ? Delusional people? :joy:Thats you keep insisting warrior/engi were in an unviable pit, when they never been there ,except warrior at time of chronobunker s1.

@"praqtos.9035" said:Mesmer was completely viable since 2012? Why it was played by only one person in entire gw and anyway had to reroll thief anyway? XephThen there was Helseth/supcutie who ever played mesmer and not because the portal, because they were exceptionally good at it and brought a portal/moa.Despite how bad mesmer was compared to other specs at that time this 2 skills made mesmer "always work"

So are you agreeing with me or- Because even if we consider your statement as true and it was -only- portal/moa that made mes always work, it would have remained viable since 2012. Helseth and supcutie were really good players, but that doesn't really mean that Mesmer was unviable if they saw success with it even during what you claim as it "being bad at that time."

Respect..who ? Delusional people? :joy:Thats you keep insisting warrior/engi were in an unviable pit, when they never been there ,except warrior at time of chronobunker s1.

So are you agreeing with me or- Because scrapper was bad before its rework, and if warrior was unviable at any point that would make my assertion true. Why is it a stretch to claim those two classes were unviable at one point? You just brought up a situation where one of them clearly was, and you can easily locate history for the other with a little digging. (Yes, that is a thread about its viability in pve, but take note o Akeno.4962 's comment regarding its viability and then compare that to the balance changelog on the wiki.)

Again, all of this discussion is all over me jokingly assigning a title to Mesmer. I'm not really invested in this even though it's really interesting how this argument is developing. The thread is about Soulbeast. I do think it's -really- funny how averse you seem to be to Mes being called favored, but it isn't that serious and I'd like to take your advice and not derail everything into "mesmer OP".

So yknow Tldr no untelegraphed heavy damage, if heavy unblockable damage from range is okay because you can LoS revert the deadeye nerf for consistency etc.

@praqtos.9035 said:Thats you keep insisting warrior/engi were in an unviable pit, when they never been there ,except warrior at time of chronobunker s1.

To be fair, warrior was trash before hambow. There was a short period when the game had just been released and people played 100 B + bull's charge but as soon as people improved a little the build became irrelevant. Then again, there is not a single class that has never been under-performing at some time; after all the game is 7 years old.

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@xp eke xp.6724 said:he can block, blind and dodge all dmg you can bring and otherwise he has countinual dmg with his symboles. Even with unblock bulky dhs/fb have enought options to reduse your dmg and heal them completely back and then he still didnt kite.

Cmon man even thieves can block, blind and bring all the dmg they can bring... That's a mediocre statement to which all classes can relate.

But is the teef thicc. I don't think so Guard 1. Thief 0

@xp eke xp.6724 said:i also saw some FB playing with
gostweapons
for more onpoint dmg
and that works too

I've saw the build you linked, nothing spectacular tbh. A mender/scrapper setup won't give you enough dps to pierce, alone, a scrapper/druid/bunker soulbeast/bunker weaver's defense.But the last statement was the thing that got me the most. If you are losing a 1v1 vs a guardian with spirit weapons we cannot talk. I'm clearly on a different league.

Spirit weapons.I mean it could work if the Guardian channels Elonian wine.