Eternal Battlegrounds would be much more interesting with more unique locations

I came back to the game recently and have been playing WvW, leading a tag and capping a lot in EBG especially.And one thing I noticed is that I really appreciate the locations that are slightly more unique, whereas capping the same exact towers and supply camp designs all over the map really gets boring after awhile.It would be nice if the devs could just mess with the towers and camps a little bit. Move a door from the front to the back of the building, change a tower from a square to a circular one, put a pond near a supply camp so you have to cross a bridge to cap it, etc.Little changes would make the map a lot more flavorful and make each location more fun to participate in.

Would love a seasonal scenery change.All the assets would stay put but would have a different aesthetic.

The next big threat changing the a esthetic would be nice. I once hoped to see a branded ebg with pact assets and branded in the castle. Or make one team branded, one awakened etc with different siege to match etc. Kralk is dead now so that's not gonna happen

@rng.1024 said:

@rng.1024 said:The reason ebg looks so much alike is because the map was meant for fights mostly.Lolwat?! Stop making me laugh.

Okay? Name any other map split in 3 with equidistant towers and camps and a shared keep in the middle that doesn't favor any side. I'll wait ;)So... Better for objective training?

The only reason EBG looks pretty much the same is because there are very few WvW specific assets, compared to PvE. It has nothing to do with fights.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@rng.1024 said:

@rng.1024 said:The reason ebg looks so much alike is because the map was meant for fights mostly.Lolwat?! Stop making me laugh.

Okay? Name any other map split in 3 with equidistant towers and camps and a shared keep in the middle that doesn't favor any side. I'll wait ;)So... Better for objective training?

The only reason EBG looks pretty much the same is because there are very few WvW specific assets, compared to PvE. It has nothing to do with fights.

What assets specifically? Are you saying centaurs in alpine and veteran creatures are a huge part of the zergfights going on there f.ex? Why does it have fewer WvW aspects than any other map? I'm genuinely curious now.

@Optimator.3589 said:Replace EBG with Tangled Depths style map. Zergs wandering for days trying to get to the f*#^&ng OJs. Geometry holes everywhere for roamers to fall into. Random champion mushrooms to wreck newbies.

On second thought, let's just keep EBG as-is.

Take Auric Basin, add towers at the intersections and watchtowers. Supply camps at the Warcamps/waypoints. Make all the entries into Tarir doors, add a lords room all the way back down underground in that far last room. Can you say chokepoints/death hallway. Add shrines up in the trees. Kra-kra.

Most of the HoT maps would make serious WvW maps. Granted we would be back to the discussions of verticality but to me, yeah they would work and well for all sizes of play.