I just discovered the Scion weapons set, now I wish we could craft it.

@"Tails.9372" said:A unique weapon set for the Dragonfall meta? Question is: is it as rare as the other ascended gear drops (Pile of Regurgitated Armor and Tequatl's Hoard) or do we have another "infusion" situation here.

Tequatl's Hoard type of thing. Extremely rare.

These are rare but not inexplicably, indescribably rare as the infusions are. These can drop from ANY mistborn coffer and the meta can be farmed multiple times a day for lots of chances at it. I probably did over 50 metas by the time I dropped mine and likely have opened well over a thousand chests. It seems to be similar to the Tequatl's Hoad in terms of drop rate although we obviously can't say that yet.

Sometimes having something be 1:1000 rare is good, but 1:1000000 is not good. I honestly think this set and the Teq set are the good kind of rare, and that's not just because one dropped for me, I've never gotten a Teq drop in my life lol.

@"ventusthunder.5067" said:These are rare but not inexplicably, indescribably rare as the infusions are. These can drop from ANY mistborn coffer and the meta can be farmed multiple times a day for lots of chances at it. I probably did over 50 metas by the time I dropped mine and likely have opened well over a thousand chests. It seems to be similar to the Tequatl's Hoad in terms of drop rate although we obviously can't say that yet.

Sometimes having something be 1:1000 rare is good, but 1:1000000 is not good. I honestly think this set and the Teq set are the good kind of rare, and that's not just because one dropped for me, I've never gotten a Teq drop in my life lol.

I've never gotten a Teq drop in my life lol.

That's a bit sad, I literally got Tequatl's Hoard in my first attempt...

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Rare is good. Credit cards are not always the answer.

Now if only said rare item didn't require farming a group meta on a map that will be a ghost town in 3-4 months

I wouldn't count on it, the meta seems really profitable to farm.

And so will the next one.

Do you really think Anet's gonna release another map but not entice people to leave the current farm of the month for it?

Why do you think dragonfall showers you with AB levels of rares in the first place?

So.... they took the 2012 ascended skins, changed the color, gave them a little sparkly effect, and called them Aurene's weapons set? I don't know.... they are not bad, don't get me wrong, but it seems kinda lame. Expecially after they designed an entire Kralkatorrik (branded) weapons set that looks a lot cooler.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Now if only said rare item didn't require farming a group meta on a map that will be a ghost town in 3-4 months

Do you really think Anet's gonna release another map but not entice people to leave the current farm of the month for it?

Why do you think dragonfall showers you with AB levels of rares in the first place?

Farm of 4 to 5 months to be exact, and even then do you think anet didnt try to do that with pof to hot?

@Astrolicus.3716 said:

@"Tails.9372" said:A unique weapon set for the Dragonfall meta? Question is: is it as rare as the other ascended gear drops (Pile of Regurgitated Armor and Tequatl's Hoard) or do we have another "infusion" situation here.

Tequatl's Hoard type of thing.
Extremely rare.

Tequatl's Hoard is :

• Insanely rare
  • Timegated
  • Not tradeable

Which makes it the worst set to get for completionists as there is literally not "good way" to get it.

This one is still rare, still not tradeable, but -at least- not timegated to 1 try / day.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Why would it be a ghost town? Unless they nerf it - it's easy, it gives decent rewards and isn't on a timer, so people can just do it without having to wait around. SW and AB are both years old and people still farm them very regularly.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Yet people still do AB, Istan, SW, etc... Saying the map will just be abandoned is quite an exaggeration.

If they are as rare as getting a regular ascended weapon box from airship cargo or ascended box from lost bandit chests then I recommend you start praying ...

@Sir Alric.5078 said:So.... they took the 2012 ascended skins, changed the color, gave them a little sparkly effect, and called them Aurene's weapons set? I don't know.... they are not bad, don't get me wrong, but it seems kinda lame. Expecially after they designed an entire Kralkatorrik (branded) weapons set that looks a lot cooler.

Well it's not the first time and might not even be the second time.

@Astrolicus.3716 said:

Tequatl's Hoard type of thing.
Extremely rare.

Not that rare, often people mention getting one. It's rare, sure, just not extremely so.