HIgh elo players plat 2+ What classes/build do you think is currently "busted" in this season?

Jay.3409

@praqtos.9035 said:

@"narcx.3570" said:Holo's think Revs are op, Soulbeast think Mirages are op, everyone think SBreakers are op... Around and around we go in the game of anet balance--BREAK THE WHEEEEELLLL!Fixed your post slightlyI dont know which class can counter spellbreaker in a 1x1 anymore.For example a loooong time ago people made recaps about class representations in monthly AT's. Would show us again which classes/builds are dominant at the moment.

There is one chrono build that perfectly counter spellbreaker, even carried a certain someone.. cough. Polo. cough to legendYou know the build?At this point, if I would look at top rated people at LB what would I see? By their placements :Scourge, Holo/scourge, Rev, War, Scourge/holo, FB, Holo, Rev, Rev, Druid. top10War, "incissor", Thief, coreguardlul, War, CertainSomeoneBelowLegend, idkwhosthat, Holo, Scourge?, Guardian/FB. top20.So lets balance based on top20 ?

Yeah I know the build ^^ and im not saying its busted, just saying it counter sb and carried an average plat guy, polo, to legend, tough he dropped last week.@Snellibee.2761 said:Rev is really strong if played in a well coördinated team, otherwise it's pretty bad and can be singled out and killed very easily. Holosmith and Spellbreaker imo are pretty busted, they really feel like a one man army as they have too much of every aspect (damage, survivability, mobility). Mirages aren't really busted but their design is still kitten annoying, pooping out clones everywhere and being invul for ages is just so lame to play against.Still in denial ...If anything blame Mirage...Still op,still unkillable, still reeeee. Signed by 2 revs/slb.

I'm in denial of what exactly?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@zoopop.5630 said:I'll like to see Rev and Holo Burst brought down a bit. Along with De Damage , and LongBow Ranger range.

Other then that everything else perfectly fine, Just the Burst From Rev/Holo and De is high as kitten especially If you are playing as a solo Q necro lmao.

How about ele, Mesmer, any dps guardian, any support build not named FB or scrapper and any condi build not named scourge.

We have 9 classes 27 elites + core in a 7 year old game, and yet we have less than a handful competitive builds in sPvP with a huge margin between them and every thing else. But ya “everything is fine.” ?

The best classes for Q'ing in plat 2-legend are

1. Static Discharge Holosmith (this is the most broken thing in the game atm)
  2. Power rev (power crept but way harder than static discharge holo)

Those two classes are absolutely busted right now purely because they are overtuned and so I would say they are easiest to carry on. Revnant is significantly harder than holo though. It's arguably the hardest profession to mechanically master. In other words...don't play it unless your name is helio, toker, zollec, hazard, lora, mark, bryv, boa, jay, or any of the ppl that fit in with those guys. (some of those names were a stretch but we're talking about ranked Q).

Next I would place classes that you can carry on considering plat 2 - legend players get stuck with gold 2 -plat 1 players in their matches and it's all about who farms whose pugs harder, can troll them on node 1vX better, or rez bot them in teamfight better. The classes in this category have cheese builds that aren't necessarily run in a competitve environment.

1. Scrapper
  2. blood magic scourge
  3. daredevil staff perma evade cheese
  4. power chrono

There are normal classes with normal builds that you can Q on and still carry if you fulfill your role properly and know the class well enough...but it's not really carrying unless you are downright outplaying the other teams pugs on the class. I actually do this since i'm a scourge main and i just counter pressure and kyte really well. I don't run blood magic ever. like ever. That being said the first class in this category:

1. Curses Scourge
  2. Firebrand (harrier or mender)
  3. s/d thief
  4. power mesmer
  5. condi mes (the only viable build is staff- scepter/pistol) dueling/illusions/mirage)
  6. soul beast
  7. core guard
  8. spellbreaker

Things NOT to play if you want to win consistently above plat 1:

1. renegade
  2. dragon hunter
  3. druid
  4. deadeye (clown = exception)
  5. daredevil (d/p)
  6. reaper (any good scg will kill you in 10s on reaper)
  7. core necro
  8. retribution revenant
  9. berserker warrior

@otto.5684 said:

@zoopop.5630 said:I'll like to see Rev and Holo Burst brought down a bit. Along with De Damage , and LongBow Ranger range.

Other then that everything else perfectly fine, Just the Burst From Rev/Holo and De is high as kitten especially If you are playing as a solo Q necro lmao.

How about ele, Mesmer, any dps guardian, any support build not named FB or scrapper and any condi build not named scourge.

We have 9 classes 27 elites + core in a 7 year old game, and yet we have less than a handful competitive builds in sPvP with a huge margin between them and every thing else. But ya “everything is fine.” ?

Mesmer are pretty dog shit At least in NA. Theirs what maybe 4-5 good mesmer players that can properly play Power mirage/chrono good? Ele Is fine at the moment i don't see a reason to buff or nerf them at all, Dps Guardian been gutted and the players that still play it aren't really doing much with the class, Scrapper can use another small nerf that I can agree on.

@zoopop.5630 said:

Mesmer are pretty dog kitten At least in NA. Theirs what maybe 4-5 good mesmer players that can properly play Power mirage/chrono good? Ele Is fine at the moment i don't see a reason to buff or nerf them at all, Dps Guardian been gutted and the players that still play it aren't really doing much with the class, Scrapper can use another small nerf that I can agree on.

I am not sure if this a comment an argument, you agree or disagree. You say something is been gutted but people still play it. Does that make it competitive?! Is it balanced? Can it compete at the highest tier?!

The class balance is currently terrible. The devs have been doing a terrible job over the last 8-12 month, and are almost actively making balance worse. And PoF had multiple broken designs that should have never made it to live.

@VALARMORGHULIS.9173 said:

The best classes for Q'ing in plat 2-legend are

1. Static Discharge Holosmith (this is the most broken thing in the game atm)
  2. Power rev (power crept but way harder than static discharge holo)

Those two classes are absolutely busted right now purely because they are overtuned and so I would say they are easiest to carry on. Revnant is significantly harder than holo though. It's arguably the hardest profession to mechanically master. In other words...don't play it unless your name is helio, toker, zollec, hazard, lora, mark, bryv, boa, jay, or any of the ppl that fit in with those guys. (some of those names were a stretch but we're talking about ranked Q).

Next I would place classes that you can carry on considering plat 2 - legend players get stuck with gold 2 -plat 1 players in their matches and it's all about who farms whose pugs harder, can troll them on node 1vX better, or rez bot them in teamfight better. The classes in this category have cheese builds that aren't necessarily run in a competitve environment.

1. Scrapper
  2. blood magic scourge
  3. daredevil staff perma evade cheese
  4. power chrono

There are normal classes with normal builds that you can Q on and still carry if you fulfill your role properly and know the class well enough...but it's not really carrying unless you are downright outplaying the other teams pugs on the class. I actually do this since i'm a scourge main and i just counter pressure and kyte really well. I don't run blood magic ever. like ever. That being said the first class in this category:

1. Curses Scourge
  2. Firebrand (harrier or mender)
  3. s/d thief
  4. power mesmer
  5. condi mes (the only viable build is staff- scepter/pistol) dueling/illusions/mirage)
  6. soul beast
  7. core guard
  8. spellbreaker

Things NOT to play if you want to win consistently above plat 1:

1. renegade
  2. dragon hunter
  3. druid
  4. deadeye (clown = exception)
  5. daredevil (d/p)
  6. reaper (any good scg will kill you in 10s on reaper)
  7. core necro
  8. retribution revenant
  9. berserker warrior

It is laughably easy to kill scourge with reaper: CC until they trail of anguish, corrupt it, continue to CC and drop them.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

It is laughably easy to kill scourge with reaper: CC until they trail of anguish, corrupt it, continue to CC and drop them.

lmao. What are you gonna cc me with? all of my dmg is ranged.. I can just los and out kite. You rely on might with reaper and scg runs a hell of a lot more corruptions than reaper does. you will never get a gs 5 pull on me, and if you're running gs over staff on reaper then you my friend have the wrong idea on how to play reaper. I literally dumpster anyone on reaper. Why do you think nobody plays reaper in daily AT or the MaT. They get absolutely trained by scourges and are so hard to sustain. by the time I use trail of anguish, you're already dead.

Reaper dies to scourge 10/10 for several reasons.

1. scg is ranged dmg and anyone who understands this will have correct positioning, kiting, and counter pressure capabilities that any reaper cannot deal with. (scg also has a few skills that don't require line of sight aka all the shade skills, torch 5, and staff 1-5.
  2. scg has more consistent and hard hitting corrupts since it is condi.
  3. scg has more condi clear than reaper. I wouldn't even use ToA, I would just pop spectral walk and run away/juke/clear the chill --btw another reason that comes to mind with this is the more consistent mobility. Especially in regards to scg keeping permanent cripple on a reaper.
  4. reaper is dead out of shroud to scg and even more dead when it goes into shroud. you're stability in shroud is literally a hazard against any intelligent scg.
  5. shroud 5 is easy to dodge even if you get close enough.
  6. chill to the bone elite is easy to dodge.
  7. Reaper vs Scg = perma weakness for the reaper.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

I hear a SLB just won in the last AT. So I guess there goes that argument.

@melandru.3876 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:How can you guys suggest nerfs of SLB in plat 2+??This spec is absolutely hilarious and easy to avoid its super obvious telegraphed skills. Once avoided the SLB is as good as dead.Look the meta comps, where is SLB?

Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

Getting Slb nerfed in pvp is one step closer to nerfs in WvW.

Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

EDIT: ROFL ahahahah "
10-12k Unblockable Autohits
from
1800+
range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

when can i expect the mail?

since you probably won't watch anyway. highest autoattack (longbow) was 19127 damage, as can be seen in second video at 4.10 min

yea, you are right it was not 10-12k unblockable!

is ut hard to do? no

strenght of the pack to build might (can use warhorn, use skill 5,then switch out for greatsword)sic'em +40%precast maul for another +50%switch longbow, and enjoy all the damage modifiers

Where is the 1800+ range, my friend? Or you admit that you exaggerate? If it was a bet it would be extremely easy to take your gold. But meh... no more respect to your posts, I respect only the hard truth not cheap exaggerations. And even so it can land great damage it can be avoided super easy.

i don't know if you are trolling, or just confusing accountnames.check this very thread yourself, this is my first, and i hoped only reply to yours

you tried to ridicule the other guy, but me who plays wvw for 6 hours a day on eu (and have faced this soulbeast myself) know for a fact what damage, and what range they are capable off.

the burden on proof was on him, i did the job for him and provided the obvious

now you runaway, tail between legs

either you talk big, or stay silent. i'm all game now

it can be avoided supereasy lol , you didn't watch the videos as you otherwise would not have said so.

he stacked stealth (12 seconds of it) by using every leap and blast in the smokefield. tell me how, or when, will you anticipate a stealthed 27k (axe 3) for example?

you took your bet, now face it or accept being called out for it

For context, this guy literally thinks Sic 'Em needs a buff:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/76290/i-see-big-sic-em-problem/p1

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

Its in WvW, dealing 10-12k unblockable auto hits from 1800+ range while having stealth and very good mobility.

Do you play the mode (WvW)? Do you realize that no reasonable and good commander will take a SLB in his squad? I hope you don't need the reasons why they don't take it? Really, why do we have to talk about this when everyone knows that SLB is not preferred choice for WvW?

from
1800+
range"!!!! When you show me 1800+ range autohit of 10-12k in WvW I will give you 1000 gold.

since you probably won't watch anyway. highest autoattack (longbow) was 19127 damage, as can be seen in second video at 4.10 min

is ut hard to do? no

strenght of the pack to build might (can use warhorn, use skill 5,then switch out for greatsword)sic'em +40%precast maul for another +50%switch longbow, and enjoy all the damage modifiers

Where is the 1800+ range, my friend? Or you admit that you exaggerate? If it was a bet it would be extremely easy to take your gold. But meh... no more respect to your posts, I respect only the hard truth not cheap exaggerations. And even so it can land great damage it can be avoided super easy.

i don't know if you are trolling, or just confusing accountnames.check this very thread yourself, this is my first, and i hoped only reply to yours

you tried to ridicule the other guy, but me who plays wvw for 6 hours a day on eu (and have faced this soulbeast myself) know for a fact what damage, and what range they are capable off.

it can be avoided supereasy lol , you didn't watch the videos as you otherwise would not have said so.

he stacked stealth (12 seconds of it) by using every leap and blast in the smokefield. tell me how, or when, will you anticipate a stealthed 27k (axe 3) for example?

Yeah I will admit slb is one of my faves specs but with that said sic em should be a 25% dps modifier for player and 40% for pet, not 40 for both. That's too high a modifier imo,especially since others can stack with it.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

is ut hard to do? no

Yeah I will admit slb is one of my faves specs but with that said sic em should be a 25% dps modifier for player and 40% for pet, not 40 for both. That's too high a modifier imo,especially since others can stack with it.

I do like the balance that we have right now.The slight damage nerf to Rev was good. Its still great, but not too OP in my opinion.Mesmers are still annoying, and they always will be. Its simply the class design with the bunch of clones and phantasms. I dont think its busted at the moment, though.

I believe that the Rampage Elite skill is OP, but the builds associated with it (Holo and Warrior) are just fine.

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

@"bOTEB.1573" said:

from
1800+

is ut hard to do? no

Ranger doesn't need buffs or nerfs, it needs its damage redistributed more evenly amongst it's attack skills. Right now, all of the Ranger's damage is in 3 skills: Rapid Fire, Maul, Worldly Impact. So their play style is naturally bursty, the idea of getting in to land a lot of damage and positioning for kiting if the burst fails to land a kill. This creates 2 issues. The first is that it pisses everyone off who gets hit by those 3 skills. They don't care if the Ranger has low damage on other skills, that 3 big damage skill chain triggers everyone into hating Ranger. The second issue is that having all of the damage into 3 skills, actually makes the Ranger poor in top tier play. Bellow the bell curve or even slightly above, good Ranger players can absolutely chew up players with lesser mechanical skills, but going further above the bell curve, very experienced players can easily anticipate the 3 big damage chain and simply avoid it whether through LOS tactics or just saving defense skills for the 3 chain burst. The damage is face tankable outside of Rapid Fire/Maul/Worldy Impact. If the damage was more evenly distributed amongst all the Ranger's skills, instead of being dumped all into just 3 skills, it would lessen the complaints about the big Ranger bursting, but also allow the Ranger to be able to brawl like other classes can in top tiers. the damage wouldn't be able to be completely mitigated in top tier, if it was more evenly distributed around the board instead of just those 3 skills.

Oh and, people are complaining about Sic'Em, but I don't think they are realizing that the better Rangers they are encountering, are hitting them with Marksmanship MOC/Remorseless procs, not Sic'Em. The stronger more self sufficient 1v1 duelist Rangers can't afford to use Sic'Em on their bar. They have to run double stunbreaks and Sig of Stone, or sometimes 3x stunbreaks. If they do not, they literally lose immediately to certain things if chased.

But in response to this thread and the OP's opening statement:

I think the biggest problem right now is the disproportionate distribution of revive power across all classes. Some classes have nothing to help revive, well at least the traits they have don't fit into any applicable meta build that could be effectively played. Then some other classes have revive traits that super conveniently fit right into the best possible meta build that it could run. So people stack these classes with revives together as a unit, which becomes broken in coordinated team play. When you get: FB/Blood Sage/Scrapper all in the same place, you can't win a team fight against that without possessing similar revive power in your team's chemistry. Long story short, revive skills/traits are beginning to make too much of a difference in the outcome of matches lately. It's to the point where you have to organize your team to utilize this particular holy trinity that can carry reviving, to be able to face of equally against it on the opposing team, otherwise you'll be needing to seriously hard out-play the opposing team to get a win.

lmao. What are you gonna cc me with? all of my dmg is ranged.. I can just los and out kyte. You rely on might with reaper and scg runs a hell of a lot more corruptions than reaper does. you will never get a gs 5 pull on me, and if you're running gs over staff on reaper then you my friend have the wrong idea on how to play reaper. I literally dumpster anyone on reaper. Why do you think nobody plays reaper in daily AT or the MaT. They get absolutely trained by scourges and are so hard to sustain. by the time I use trail of anguish, you're already dead.

1. scg is ranged dmg and anyone who understands this will have correct positioning, kyting, and counter pressure capabilities that any reaper cannot deal with. (scg also has a few skills that don't require line of sight aka all the shade skills, torch 5, and staff 1-5.
  3. scg has more condi clear than reaper. I wouldn't even use ToA, I would just pop spectral walk and run away/juke/clear the chill --btw another reason that comes to mind with this is the more consistent mobility. Especially in regards to scg keeping permanent cripple on a reaper.
  4. reaper is dead out of shroud to scg and even more dead when it goes into shroud. you're stability in shroud is literally a hazard against any intelligent scg.

This.I agree with u in if u play gs over staff in pvp then u ain’t uptodate with reapers role in spvp and how it’s best played.Scourge can counter reaper in a 1v1 but it’s not reapers hard counter. If I have all my cds and so does scourge at start of the 1v1 I can and at most attempts win the 1v1 but saying that i avoid 1v1s with scourges cus the risk is to high unless it’s needed for the game. Or ofc my ego kicks in

@Gamble.4580 said:

lmao. What are you gonna cc me with? all of my dmg is ranged.. I can just los and out kyte. You rely on might with reaper and scg runs a hell of a lot more corruptions than reaper does. you will never get a gs 5 pull on me, and if you're running gs over staff on reaper then you my friend have the wrong idea on how to play reaper. I literally dumpster anyone on reaper. Why do you think nobody plays reaper in daily AT or the MaT. They get absolutely trained by scourges and are so hard to sustain. by the time I use trail of anguish, you're already dead.

1. scg is ranged dmg and anyone who understands this will have correct positioning, kyting, and counter pressure capabilities that any reaper cannot deal with. (scg also has a few skills that don't require line of sight aka all the shade skills, torch 5, and staff 1-5.

This.I agree with u in if u play gs over staff in pvp then u ain’t uptodate with reapers role in spvp and how it’s best played.Scourge can counter reaper in a 1v1 but it’s not reapers hard counter. If I have all my cds and so does scourge at start of the 1v1 I can and at most attempts win the 1v1 but saying that i avoid 1v1s with scourges cus the risk is to high unless it’s needed for the game. Or ofc my ego kicks in

If scourge and reaper both walk into a 1v1 with full cds— reaper has 0 shroud and scg has 0 shroud. Scourge absolutely wins.For several reasons:

1. All the things I already said
  2. Any good scourge won’t try and hold node vs a reaper.
  3. Scourge relies less on life force than reaper does and it also builds it quicker.

P.S this is not a real game situation as neither fulfill the role of a duelist. I rarely run into any 1v1 in ranked Q.

If scourge and reaper both walk into a 1v1 with full cds— reaper has 0 shroud and scg has 0 shroud. Scourge absolutely wins.For several reasons:
  3. Scourge relies less on life force than reaper does and it also builds it quicker.

P.S this is not a real game situation as neither fulfill the role of a duelist. I rarely run into any 1v1 in ranked Q.

Clearly you've never played against a competent reaper then lmao

Between speed runes, gs5, spectral grasp, cttb, rs3, and rs5 it is very easy to lock down or out kite scourges.

Reaper running curses has the same uptime on weakness as scourge does too.

Reaper gets 66% reduced duration on cripple, scourge does not.

It is laughably easy to kill scourges on any class with range or heavy CC, reaper carries plenty enough CC to train a scourge down

@VALARMORGHULIS.9173

So you still think that power shiro rev is still OP (in Solo Q) after the recent nerfs? Is this to say that the might stacks were never the main issue and its more about the ability to phase traverse around and gank people with sword 4 and 5?

Often i hear that Revs only truly shine in an organized team environment with support.

@RisenHowl.2419 said:

Between speed runes, gs5, spectral grasp, cttb, rs3, and rs5 it is very easy to lock down or out kite scourges.

It is laughably easy to kill scourges on any class with range or heavy CC, reaper carries plenty enough CC to train a scourge down

This is not the point of this thread, but fyi, you are not fighting clueless NPCs you know. Yes, there are many clueless scourges out there (more than I see on any other build). But dude, I can kite reaper on core guardian and win most of the time. Competent scourge will run circles around any reaper.

@otto.5684 said:

This is not the point of this thread, but fyi, you are not fighting clueless NPCs you know. Yes, there are many clueless scourges out there (more than I see on any other build). But dude, I can kite reaper on core guardian and win most of the time. Competent scourge will run circles around any reaper.

with what exactly? reaper has better access to swiftness than scourge, toss some speed runes on and chase them down. reaper also gets all movement conditions removed on entering shroud and -66% duration on cripple, chill, and immob. If they SW to try and juke, you just drop yours at the same time and port back as soon as they do

scourge has the same problem it's had since it was released, it's very easy to range them or CC them to death. 2 dodges + 1 stab vs 5 very easily chained CCs is a no brainer, tunnel them. you play it the same way you play rev, holo, or spb vs scourge.