PvP match manipulation has gone too far.

Arena net please do something about the match manipulation. This season has been by far the worst because of match manipulators.I've had enough of this. Each person I find match manipulating I'm going to be recording and adding onto this thread. Apparently not much is being done about them.

This season has been filled to the brim with match manipulators since day 1. Nothing is apparently being done to prevent them.

This needs to change for the sake of the integrity of pvp.3TJyKMg.jpgN2lFKa9.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fyi you're supposed to blotch names out or the mods delete your post. It's an annoying rule since wintraders deserve the callout, but it's still a rule nonetheless.

But yeah I've noticed a lot more people doing blatant BS with alt accounts. Shown by the core profession + randomly going afk for no reason. Had one guardian on my team in a game where every time our team was winning he would run to the corner of the map and start spamming his abilities into the wall. It's pretty obvious that these people are setting things up on discord, has been for a long time.

Honestly just stop caring. People doing this all for the sake of some top 250 title don't understand that in the real world no one gives a crap about you being a "top player" in gw2 PvP. Match manipulators only diminish the titles value even further. Just play for fun and your rating is what it is.

You are more likely to get banned from the forums.

Which is sad because players like these ruin the game.

I remember when Anet was aggressive about cheating scum.

They had the Dhuumban in GW1 and they even made at least one dudes character go naked and jump off the high bridge in Divinity's Reach.

I miss THAT Anet.

@Knighthonor.4061 said:How does this work?

To be honest, only Anet themselves can actually infer whether or not this is manipulation or just some consistent trolling. I.e who is it favoring? Does this player carry enough matches to be more likely to match and worth more points to the person he wants to wintrade? Does he create new characters everytime? Does he also throw if he doesn't get matched with who he was supposed to at all? Does he purposely throw when matched to top players he's not wintrading with? all things that only Anet can truly assert and analyze.

The gist of it however, would be making core classes on a free account that can play ranked, and throw matches against the player you want to go up in rank. Manipulating the queue to get matched to someone might sound hard but there's actually a lot of downtime during the day and far from weekends too, perfect to keep getting matched to the same person. Sometimes the player throwing is not subtle at all but other times it's just someone trying hard to look like they're playing bad, when they clearly switch targets frantically and/or simply stop hitting and keep moving around. This can get very subtle and hard to notice, and could also be things like a thief that doesn't decap even though he knows he isn't doing nothing at mid. Again, separating in between wintrading and just plain trolling or playing badly is something only Anet can do because the actual statistics are available to them, so that they can spot which accounts are always there in matches where a side was purposely put down by a player very consistently. Not that a bad player won't put down his/her team but, it will not be as consistent as a wintrader losing to specific accounts while basically carrying other games to keep up with said accounts.

I was just in a ranked match. It was two scourges, me, a rev, and another holosmith.

We didn't take one node the entire game after we lost our home cap (that I'd taken at the start). The enemy scourge went FAR (where I was) at the start, so the opponent's strongest teamfight class wasn't at mid the whole time.

Not one single node. The rev stood in the middle of the map (not at mid as in the middle node, oh no - the exact CENTER of the map) the entire game. We lost that game 100-500, with those 500 points probably PURELY the results of my and the other dude's efforts. Not a single rotation from the rev was had the entire game.

Tbh it's hard to differentiate between map manipulation and people just being absolutely horrible, but what're ya gonna do shrug.

The end of the season is coming so the more unsavory top players are padding their rating and also knocking off other top players from their position with smurf accounts, win trading and sometimes paying off players , just like in politics. Its best to hope you don't get in the crossfire. And they should probably try to be less obvious about it since that looks like total lack of imagination, i know the games are loopsided a lot of the time but 5 500 is just lazy.

This season has been horrible with match manipulators since day 1!

Arena net do something about this otherwise pvp is about to die for real. Last year you guys made a news announcement about match manipulation and now this is happening what exactly do you do with our reports?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:You are more likely to get banned from the forums.

They had the Dhuumban in GW1 and they even made at least one dudes character go naked and jump off the high bridge in Divinity's Reach.

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@"risingeagle.7813" said:Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:65oTh75.jpg

What on this SS screams MM to anybody? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the SS is a poor choice -- you are the one standing in base while your team is dying, and you've just rando-cuss-whispered two teammates. The heck?

@Mbelch.9028 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@"risingeagle.7813" said:Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:
65oTh75.jpg

What on this SS screams MM to anybody? I'm not saying you're wrong, but the SS is a poor choice -- you are the one standing in base while your team is dying, and you've just rando-cuss-whispered two teammates. The heck?

There's a certain level of effectiveness for some classes that you can achieve just by rolling your face across the keyboard, or rotating through skills with minimal knowledge. It takes five minutes, maybe less, to copy a warr build and figure out when you should use skills and how to mindlessly rotate through evades, weapon skills, and how to CC into burst skills/hundred blades.

When people fail to even reach the level of effectiveness for a class you can achieve by rolling your face across the keyboard, there aren't a lot of other possibilities. I've had scrappers that die 1v1 to a warrior, necromancers that try to decap far while showing no movement utility skills slotted (?), support FBs that go everywhere BUT the teamfight, etc. I mean, it's still possible they could just be....really, really bad. But that's a very small chance, I think.

Mind you, those are all scenarios that actually happened to me while I was in g3 throughout the past week. If a match is 100-500 or below, I generally assume some shenannigans are going on.

@Curennos.9307 said:

I miss THAT Anet.

This.

@"risingeagle.7813" said:Numerous match manipulations as of late. This one was today. This is getting ridiculous:
65oTh75.jpg

There's a certain level of effectiveness for some classes that you can achieve just by rolling your face across the keyboard, or rotating through skills with minimal knowledge. It takes five minutes, maybe less, to copy a warr build and figure out when you should use skills and how to mindlessly rotate through evades, weapon skills, and how to CC into burst skills/hundred blades.

When people fail to even reach the level of effectiveness for a class you can achieve by rolling your face across the keyboard, there aren't a lot of other possibilities. I've had scrappers that die 1v1 to a warrior, necromancers that try to decap far while showing no movement utility skills slotted (?), support FBs that go everywhere BUT the teamfight, etc. I mean, it's still possible they could just be....really, really bad. But that's a very small chance, I think.

Mind you, those are all scenarios that actually happened to me while I was in g3 throughout the past week. If a match is 100-500 or below, I generally assume some shenannigans are going on.

I wouldn't assume that. Blowout matches are common, and they're often decided in the first few minutes due to unskilled players.

Other notes based on your comment....

1. Scrapper should eventually lose a 1v1 to a warrior.
  2. Necro can totally decap far if it's the right situation -- this situation rarely comes up, but it can be fine, especially if it's a reaper.

@dodgerrule.8739 said:I've had enough of this. Each person I find match manipulating I'm going to be recording and adding onto this thread. Apparently not much is being done about them.

Prepare to get an infraction point to forums or maybe a timeout. Anet doesn't take responsibility for their game and thus doesn't want to show that to the potential money sources. Nothing is being done and nothing will be done and you just have to live with that.

Most people think that the match manipulation is all tied to win trading, but it isn't. There are still a handful of people performing serious win trading activities, those of which who seem to never get caught, suspiciously enough. But the bulk of the rando match manipulation has nothing to do with win trading or bribing for throws or anything like that. Most of the match manipulation isn't even against the TOS, which is why it has gotten so bad. The bulk of the bullshit is like this:

• 75% of mms is nothing more than General Smurfing. Yes, it isn't even against the TOS. Players who have several alt accounts, whether paid for with expansions or f2p, these accounts are actually in their own name, therefore it is not against the TOS for them to play on those accounts. The problem lies that some player actually performs at a 1650ish rating on his main account, but he has several alt accounts that he alternates on, and only uses them on rare occasions to dink around on a class he is trying to learn "so he appear as embarrassing on his main while doing it", or to help some said given friend who plays at a much lower elo, achieve some desired bare minimal plat 1 rating. So his alt account even when being played rather actively, is never actually achieving the rating he could achieve if he tried on it. The alt accounts also sit for enormously long periods of time in between play, so whenever he logs into them, they always have large actual MMR decay, even though he actively plays all day long on his main. This creates general smurfing effects, which completely throws off the purpose of the match maker. I actually purchased and upgraded and alt account with both expansions, very specifically so I could do the same thing, with friends who play at much lower elo ratings than I do. Every time I log into this account, usually once or twice during a season, I am doing it to que with friends who want to play, that I don't want to risk playing with on my main, because they ride 1350 levels or something. But when I log into this alt, I always ride some kind of a 10 game winning streak and go on a Jason Vorhees like rampage in g2 games. When I notice the match maker catching up and updating data, I log off the account and let it go back into decay for a month or two, so we can do the same thing again next season. I've spoken to other users who do the same thing for their friends. <- This kind of thing is just General Smurfing, it isn't against the TOS, but it is in every way match manipulation, and this sort of thing is happening all day long in just about every other match we are in. This is the largest reason why matches are so damn funky lately.
  • 15% of mms seems to be the margin in which you run into actual Throwing, whether it is due to bribery or maybe someone on your team is on one of his alt accounts at the time, and would rather see you or someone else on your team lose rating, than gain it. In fact, there are higher rated players who own several alt accounts "In their names so it isn't against TOS", who purposely play alts up into higher ranges, specifically so they can land in games with other higher rated players that threaten the rating margins, so they can throw games on them, and knock them out of threatening ranges. They don't care about the ratings of these alts, the alts are being played to tank other people's ratings when they run into them. If the player who threatens them is on the opposing team, then they try hard to win vs. that player. This is exceedingly easy to do nowadays, because of the low population allowing the match maker to reluctantly make matches where 1700s are with and against players in g3 or sometimes even g2. This gives the alt throw phasing a lot of wiggle room to work their magic. They can play around 1500 range and get to choose when they want to play hard for a win, or throw a game, with alarming accuracy in that decision. The reason is because a placement in a match of around 1500, but actually being played by someone plat 2+, is a milestone position to be in, in terms of how much of a difference that player makes if he chooses to try hard at the actual plat 2+ rating or throw. If he tries hard, a placement in your team that was only supposed to be 1500, who suddenly begins performing at 1650+ is a huge momentum shift. But if he decides to throw, the 1500 placement isn't exactly a weak placement, the algorithm definitely expected this person to do SOMETHING, so when he throws, you're losing a 1500 role on your team, which is a detrimental 4v5 situation. In other words, if he was placed as a 1250, it wouldn't be as bad of a 4v5 situation, because the algorithm wasn't expecting him to do much anyway. 1500+ throws, are the types of throws that result in 500 to 100 situations.
  • 10% of mms is the small margin in which actual organized Win Trading happens. It isn't often guys, but it is still around. When it is happening, it's pretty obvious and everyone should be reporting it.

The ultimate point I'm trying to make here is that like 90% of the match manipulations that are happening, is just general smurfing and alt phase throws. These players are using accounts that are purchased in their name, and they are technically doing nothing wrong. Even if you considered favoritism and throw tactics to be suspendable, how is Anet suppose to prove that any of that is happening? This is the tuff situation Anet has left us in with some of their marketing & patching decisions. Unfortunately there are only two reasonable actions at this point, if Anet cares about the state of ranked mode pvp at all:

1. Stop allowing f2p accounts from joining ranked ques, period. No exceptions.
  2. Once again enable 5 man ques in ranked so that players who want to block their team from mole throws, can protect themselves.

Oh and INB4: "But I HATES 2 go against the 5 man teams!" Anyone who would respond with this, needs to seriously ask themselves: "Aren't I still going against a 5+ man team when I'm being thrown or win traded against?" Solo/Duo is an illusion and ya'all need to wake up from it.

Trevor well said. Plus that us the only way to fix it at this point is to have teams. This will discourage alt account play because it wont accomplish anything.

We need at least a solo que and leaderboard with a team que and lb.

If they really want to fix things then tie a phone number (non Google voice) to a account to play ranked.

Anet will never take action if it affects the active player base numbers. Even If the bots/manipulators rose to a 50-50 real players to bot/manipulator ratio they wont do anything.The dont even add new game modes to keep intrest.They dont care for the state of pvp. Otherwise we wouldnt have the same competitive mode since day one.

I just checked the Top 10 players & i ask on map chat this Question.How is it that you get 108 wins but 13 loses only? Is that even statistically possible in this Tic tac toe type of game wich is Gw2?Something smell's fishy. Even if you duo Q & play the meta & switch to adapt to other team comp......& that your a God player,
13 loses out of 121 matches is just not possible.

Someone plz explain it to me & try to make some sens to it.