PVE Scrapper build

Helvalith.2170

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still optimizing, but have had really good luck so far by taking the meta power rifle holo build, swapping in scrapper line, hammer, plus 3 or so gyros:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFACncoCtpitoC0ehlRk67UWlWh+LzyuEsWylAA-jhRBAB4pDAgLAAlq/Y8DAwMlgXt/o8DA-e

The third utility can be bulwark gyro, rifle turret, battering ram, or whatever you need at the moment. Feels and plays very sturdy for a full glass DPS build. It does have a better burst than I would have expected (no where as good as holo, however), but does rely on keeping targets in your fields for this. The new gyros actually work now and don't die instantly or get lost due to awful AI pathing. And best of all, I can use my Juggernaut in the build!

Finally had enough money and time to rebuild my hammer scrapper. Thanks to ANet's recent patch, gyros are now wells = Superior Rune of the Chronomancer. For those of you who do not know it, this thing grants quickness upon using wells.

Gear:weapon + armor = Maraudertrinkets + backpiece = Diviner

The bloodruby-trinkets (Bloodstone Fen) can be reset with the capacitor and select the Diviner stats. All LS3 trinkets can select Diviner stats, which is imho a lot easier/cheaper than crafting diviner inscriptions/insignias. At least for veteran players.

[basic version]

As long as you run with two gyros, you can maintain quickness 100 %. If you are using Bulwark by any chance, try to run with Mass Momentum (trait) as it boosts your might-generation a lot. Just use the toolbelt-dome and watch the stacks jumping. For PvE the Blast-Gyro can be a little annoying, thanks to its knockback.

You do not need any additional might/quickness sources. Using sigils or food for that is just an overkill and a waste of resources. Pick what you like and what works for you.

Note: I am aware that defying the Superior Rune of the Scholar as the only viable PvE power rune and ignoring another few meta-rules, results in a horrible dps benchmark. The build is not designed to show off on ArcDPS against Thieves or Elementalists. It was created to do open world PvE, Story Content, meta-events, a little WvWvW and the easier fractals. For top-endgame content, pick one of the meta builds. This one may work there too, but you may get approached by others for "not doing your part correctly" aka too low dps.

For PVE, I mostly use the holosmith build, except instead of holosmith it is scrapper.

Gear: Full BerserkerRunes: x6 ScholarSigils: Force, Air/ImpactingWeapon: Hammer

TraitsExplosives: Glass Cannon, Big Boomer, Orbital CommandFirearms: High Caliber, No Scope, Modified AmmunitionScrapper: Perfectly Weighted, Mass Momentum, Applied Force*Note: Use Kinetic Stabilizers instead of Applied Force if you have a teammate that gives you quickness.

Utilities: Healing Turret, Grenade Kit, Elixir U, Shredder Gyro, Supply CrateNote: Change utilities as they are needed. If you have a teammate that gives you quickness, replace Elixir U with something else.

It does a lot of damage fairly fast. Biggest strengths of this build is all of the self-buffing that it gives, as well as the spooky-rez-at-a-distance function gyro. The weaknesses are that if you have teammates who buff you up, then it is basically just a worse holosmith.

• 1 month later...

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Finally had enough money and time to rebuild my hammer scrapper. Thanks to ANet's recent patch, gyros are now wells = Superior Rune of the Chronomancer. For those of you who do not know it, this thing grants quickness upon using wells.

Gear:weapon + armor = Maraudertrinkets + backpiece = Diviner

The bloodruby-trinkets (Bloodstone Fen) can be reset with the capacitor and select the Diviner stats. All LS3 trinkets can select Diviner stats, which is imho a lot easier/cheaper than crafting diviner inscriptions/insignias. At least for veteran players.

[basic version]

As long as you run with two gyros, you can maintain quickness 100 %. If you are using Bulwark by any chance, try to run with Mass Momentum (trait) as it boosts your might-generation a lot. Just use the toolbelt-dome and watch the stacks jumping. For PvE the Blast-Gyro can be a little annoying, thanks to its knockback.

You do not need any additional might/quickness sources. Using sigils or food for that is just an overkill and a waste of resources. Pick what you like and what works for you.

Note: I am aware that defying the Superior Rune of the Scholar as the only viable PvE power rune and ignoring another few meta-rules, results in a horrible dps benchmark. The build is not designed to show off on ArcDPS against Thieves or Elementalists. It was created to do open world PvE, Story Content, meta-events, a little WvWvW and the easier fractals. For top-endgame content, pick one of the meta builds. This one may work there too, but you may get approached by others for "not doing your part correctly" aka too low dps.

What trait set up do you use?

Well, I included a link for this reason. The [basic version]. I was using Explosives 2/2/1, Alchemy 1/2/1, Scrapper 2/3/3

But, over the past weeks, I have made a few adjustments. Since ANet enabled Gyors/Wells for underwater-combat, I decided to improve it a little.

[modified Scrapper PVE build]

In order to get as many might stacks as possible (asap) I decided to run the Sanguine Array synergy again. So for the underwater-combat, you actually have two sources of might:

• Superior Sigil of Strength: 10 s might on critical hit (1 s cooldown)
  • Sanguine Array: 6 1/4 s might for every bleed I cause. Bleed sources: Sharpshooter & Superior Sigil of Earth.

For underwater-combat I mostly use the grenade-kit, but you can pretty much use whatever you like. You will not get to 25 might stacks with this configuration permanently, but you will maintain the 10+ without any trouble = permanent quickness.

In addition I noticed, that my dps is actually higher when I trait Firearms with 2/1/3 instead of Explosives 2/2/1. If you run this setup on land, you can maintain your might-stacks easier = more freedom for yourself. You are for example not forced to camp the auto-attack of the hammer as long as normal.

Why Pinpoint Distribution?

• Most of the encounters I have are trashmobs, so I need the damage now and not in a few seconds.
  • It helps your party or the people around you instantly, because almost everyone dishes out a few conditions nowadays.

You are not forced to run Pinpoint Distribution. If you intend to fight NPCs with larger HP pools (solo), Thermal Vision might be a better option. Even No Scope has its uses. It mostly depends on your personal preferences.

• 2 weeks later...

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Well, I included a link for this reason. The [basic version]. I was using Explosives 2/2/1, Alchemy 1/2/1, Scrapper 2/3/3

But, over the past weeks, I have made a few adjustments. Since ANet enabled Gyors/Wells for underwater-combat, I decided to improve it a little.

[modified Scrapper PVE build]

In order to get as many might stacks as possible (asap) I decided to run the Sanguine Array synergy again. So for the underwater-combat, you actually have two sources of might:

• Superior Sigil of Strength: 10 s might on critical hit (1 s cooldown)
  • Sanguine Array: 6 1/4 s might for every bleed I cause. Bleed sources: Sharpshooter & Superior Sigil of Earth.

For underwater-combat I mostly use the grenade-kit, but you can pretty much use whatever you like. You will not get to 25 might stacks with this configuration permanently, but you will maintain the 10+ without any trouble = permanent quickness.

In addition I noticed, that my dps is actually higher when I trait Firearms with 2/1/3 instead of Explosives 2/2/1. If you run this setup on land, you can maintain your might-stacks easier = more freedom for yourself. You are for example not forced to camp the auto-attack of the hammer as long as normal.

Why Pinpoint Distribution?

• Most of the encounters I have are trashmobs, so I need the damage now and not in a few seconds.
  • It helps your party or the people around you instantly, because almost everyone dishes out a few conditions nowadays.

You are not forced to run Pinpoint Distribution. If you intend to fight NPCs with larger HP pools (solo), Thermal Vision might be a better option. Even No Scope has its uses. It mostly depends on your personal preferences.

so let me get this straight once u gain might 26 (1 over stack ) u gain quickness right?sigil of strength needed (crit proc +1might) and bleed = might , crits 33% chance for bleed + skills

,how fast u gain 25 might? , 820 concentration is the min required? no food needed?

....guess if u solo u can go No scope instead of pinpoint

Back to square one

Quickness

• Scrapper gains quickness via Applied Force once it reaches 10 might stacks. It triggers every 10 seconds, if you manage to maintain 10 or higher.
  • In addition this build gains quickness from Wells/Gyros with the help of Superior Rune of the Chronomancer, by using those skills.
  • And finally with the help of Elixir U, which got its cooldown reduced by HGH.

Might

• Scrapper gains might on land mostly with the auto-attack-chain (positive strike and Equalizing Blow) on land.
  • Underwater the main-source is the Superior Sigil of Strength.
  • Mass Momentum causes additional might-generation whenever you are under the effect of Stability (caused by Elixir U and the Defense Field of the Bulwark Gyro).
  • However for underwater combat, the Sigil alone has too little impact to be a reliable source. So we use Sanguine Array, which grants might for every stack of bleed we cause. Bleed is caused by critical attacks via Sharpshooter and the Superior Sigil of Earth. It still does not generate as much might as the Hammer auto-attack-combo, but gets pretty close.
  • At last, you gain two stacks of Might for consuming any of the Elixirs, thanks to HGH.

Using the Sanguine Array <> Superior Sigil of Earth <> Might synergy on land, results in better might generation and better damage. Runing Fire Arms turns out to be more efficient than Explosives, thanks to the condition-damage (in my case).

25 Might Stacks and permanent Quickness were my personal goals when I created the build. I wanted to have an independent Scrapper for PvE, which can maintain the vital combat-buffs when doing solo content. When doing group-content, the builds boon generation is a little overpowered, so you have more freedom in combat. In all my builds, I want to leave the freedom for the user. No forced skill rotation or as less forced steps as possible. With the improved might generation, you have more options for playing the Scrapper. You have also more space to make mistakes. It is a stable build, not a dps-efficient build.

Times (land)

• 10 Might Stacks after 6 seconds with Hammer auto-attack-combo only, 25 after ~ 12-13 seconds
  • Using Elixirs H and U and going for the auto-attack-combo after, 3 seconds until you reach 10 stacks, ~ 6-7 seconds until you reach 25 stacks

Times (underwater)

• 10 Might Stacks after 7-8 seconds with Grenade Kit auto-attack only, 25 after ~ 15 seconds. Cannot maintain full 25, but always 19-22.
  • Using Elixir U and auto-attack 3 seconds until you reach 10 stacks

All tests done with no food. I run the build like this for a few weeks now. No Scope works, too. Mass Momentum is used to maintain the stacks during phases when you have to go into range or recover. Starting with defense field at the beginning of the combat, lets you cut the initial step (till 10 stack) in half.

I use the Chronomancer Rune to maintain permanent quickness. The might generation in the build is sufficient for maintaining 10+ stacks to trigger Mass Momentum. As I have written above, you can easily maintain 25 on land (using hammer) and ~ 20 under water.

Gave it a field Test with the Superior Rune of Fireworks. Might generation is obviously better, at the beginning of the fight. But the boonduration from the runes is not enough to maintain permanent quickness. It is almost permanent with a gap of 3-4 seconds = acceptable. If you do not have a problem with that, feel free to run the Superior Rune of Fireworks.

I did not give up right there, so I tried a little more with boon-duration. With Chocolate Omnomberry Cream the gap can be narrowed down to 2 seconds. Without adding any further piece of Diviner's Gear. That is a very decent option for PvE with even a loot buff.

With 990 Concentration, you can narrow the gap down to 1 - 1.5 seconds. That is a total boon-duration (ingame) of 81.06 %. If you put more boon duration into the build, e. g. by using more Diviner's pieces it should be possible to get the 100 % uptime. But a gap with 1-3 seconds is pretty amazing, if you time your other skills with the gap, you will not even notice it.

If you fight a lot of trash-mobs, the Fireworks Rune might be a good option.

Note: The original build (with the Chronomancer Rune) is also capable of maintaining 100 % quickness uptime without dealing a single hit. You just have to run Blast Gyro, Bulwark Gyro and Sneak Gyro. I use this method, when I go for gathering trips. You have long stealth, 2x superspeed, permanent quickness, also Swiftness from Elixir H.

I also just had a small conversation about the damage capability of the build, which was once again not my goal. Results:

• using condition damage in a powerbuild is not a smart idea
  • go zerk instead of marauder's for better dps
  • make a glasscannon version of your build
  • Superior Sigil of Force & Superior Sigil of Impact for higher dps
  • replace alchemy for explosives, run explosives, fire arms and scrapper

All correct. The dps is significantly higher. But I focus on survivability and freedom of playstyle, as less restricted as possible. Running glasscannon forces you to maintain 75 % health or higher = no face-tanking and pretty much no room for mistakes. We are all humans, mostly adults who play this game in their freetime. Mistakes happen and should be allowed to happen. At least that is what I believe in.

In addition I have also got a few nice improvement suggestions, which I would also like to share:

• Fire Arms without condition damage option: 3/3/1. Most of us use the Juggernaut only in combination with the FT, but it also has a passive effect that extends might duration by 20 %. Underwater you can maintain a stable 19/20 might stacks without problems.
  • Using the Juggernaut in the original build, replacing Incendiary Powder maintains full 25 might stacks Underwater. Excellent! I also replaced Pinpoint Distribution with No Scope: [scrapper PvE Build V2.5]
  • Superior Rune of the Pack has the same boon-duration increase as the Superior Rune of Fireworks suggested by @Pagio.3029. Longer cooldown, longer boon-duration (granted boons), smaller might stack (-1) but actually a lot cheaper. Works as well.

Thank you very much @Flame Of The Titan.3649, @Pagio.3029 and @Warlyx.6732 for sharing your knowledge, ideas and experiences!

I have to say @""HnRkLnXqZ.1870" that i'm impressed from your research which is amazing. I was looking for a great scrapper dps build and i haven't found any.Thank god i found your post and made me give it a try. I'm a guy that i like experiments in the game and i'm also searching to improve things that worth trying like your great build.Three things that you said took my attention, especially the first one:- Most of the encounters I have are trashmobs, so I need the damage now and not in a few seconds.Indeed. In open world PVE (which i run most) you need instant DPS not in a few seconds. I want fast killing to continue to the next mob, not to take 10 - 15 secs to kill a mob. I tried your build and it was amazing.- You have also more space to make mistakes / We are all humans, mostly adults who play this game in their freetime. Mistakes happen and should be allowed to happen. At least that is what I believe in. / No forced skill rotation or as less forced steps as possibleI couldn't agree most to you. Some of us are playing this game for fun. We all make mistakes and as far as my gaming experience taught me, if you are not a hardcore gamer, you care less about rotation. You only want to play freely and keep a good score killing mobs. I really like your gaming philosophy.- But I focus on survivability and freedom of playstyle, as less restricted as possibleMany people don't understand that survivability is, by my opinion, the most important thing in this game. Everyone is focusing on DPS. How much dps, top dps etc.If i have to make a build and i also need to carry a healer all the time with me then i do nothing. I have to play freely and also survive from the combats.

The best thing in this game is (and the biggest difference with my previous gaming experience in other MMO) that you don't have a clear healer or tank role. If your gaming style is like mine (Open world PVE, farming, stories, leveling) then you need, somehow, to survive. That's why i chose a long time ago to play MM Reaper.It is the first time another Profession and build really impressed me. That's why all day, today i was playing with my new Scrapper.Thanks to you i have a great build and a great new profession to try and play.You are doing amazing work and i'm really happy that i little helped you.I will look forward for your next amazing tips.Keep up the good work.

I too am thankful for all the work and tips from this thread. I started out playing Mesmer mirage and was spoiled a bit to be able to avoid open world mechanics. Then started a Guardian. Was very difficult learning to use skills to absorb/avoid. With Mesmer the "Dodge roll" doesn't move your character so position became very important with rolling and such.

My engineer is Holosmith which is very forgiving with someone learning but I love the idea of my big beautiful Norn with a huge ass hammer. Tried to play her in open world but was struggling with HP/vets and such.I'm now 2 pieces away from full ascended on her so I'm excited to play her with this build.Right now Ive had the best luck in Marauder's gear but with ascended its easy to change.

Thank you again.

Also, what is the current build/skills as you've continued testing?

Hi! Thanks for the mention I really enjoyed our convo and thank you for the lovely mail, I just wanted to add a few points and my own personal build and experience onto this.

I've played Engineer since vanilla and I really enjoy the class as whole, I love the utility and variations you can get with this class - I'm not a huge fan of holosmith as it feels like a poor mans reaper with not many benefits.

Anyway here is my personal MAXIMUM damage build for scrapper in PVE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpitpCmXB0ehl7ii+2j9cHsBjwA47/GwCE-jxRBQBG7CAgHdEmRJIAeAAXR53/2f4vq/AA-e

So with this build you can maintain a near 100% uptime on quickness, there is a small problem with building might but I'll get to that in a moment, here are some variations.

Traits:Explosives.In the first tier, I tried moving off glass cannon but honestly that 5% extra damage is just too good.You can change Big boomer in explosives for Aim-assisted rocket if you want more burst and less sustain (Perfect for open world PVE/running around)You can change Orbital command for Minesweeper if you want to use your dodge roll as an attack - these mines when used with the correct amount of might can easily do over 12k damage if you move the mob a little bit.

Firearms.For the first 2 tiers I've honestley never really liked using conditions during open world so I always stick with High Caliber and no scope for near 90% crit .For tier 3 however, you can have a little bit of movement - If you are doing a big open world boss with a lot of players (Teqatul) you really don't need Juggernaut and will get more use out of Modified Ammunition

Scrapper.Now, here is where things get tricky. There are soooo many things you can do here that can help you.For the first tier I'd honestly not bother moving off Perfectly weigthed, It's a great trait and is strong all the time.For the second tier, Rapid Regen is great if you need some more survivabillity which goes hand in hand with....

Third tier, Adaptive armor again is great if you find yourself taking too much damage but the real star here is not Applied force, nope. The real winner is Kinect stabilizers, the reason for this is because you have SO MANY STUNS, Your 5 skill on the hammer is 1 stun, it produces a lightning field which then if you use skill 3 is dazing strike, then you have the toolbelt skill from the shredder gyro which is ANOTHER stun. If you couple this with Rapid regen you have some serious staying power and burst, you can also swap out Elixir U here for Personal battering ram which has a toolbelt skill of 12 second cooldown with a nice damage stun (6-7k on crit)

Skills:Healing skills.As the point of this build is quickness from the Chrono runes I'd suggest leaving healing gyro on, but if you need condi cleanse then use the turret.Not much room here, I'd only suggest swapping Elixir U out for personal battering ram but that's your choice.For the elite skill you can use either Supply drop (Damage boost, heal + stun) Sneak gyro (Quickness and any thief will love you) or Mortar kit. Personally I use mortar kit for the extra toolbelt skill on F5 which is a huge damage increase and gives you the 1500 range attack (Also has a heal skill + a blind for normal pve killing)

Lastly are runes and sigils.

After much experimenting I found the only runes worth switching out on armor might be either Pack runes or Strength, but I don't sadly have numbers for this - I'd stick with Chrono for now.

For sigils? You can swap out the Sigil of Impact for Sigil of Strength (Might on crit) if you are having might gain issues, which if you aren't auto attacking - You will, it's not a huge DPS loss for keeping 25 stacks of might though.

Sorry if the format of this post was shit I haven't posted on these forums in about 5 years.

Here's the sour part: You will never top DPS meter's, you won't ever raid with this, you MIGHT do T4 Fractals with this but that's it

Scrapper is a hard nut to crack in PVE and I really don't think you will get better damage than what I've posted here, I also tried the toolbelt build for holo with this but it was "Meh" this build brings a lot of utility and stuns though!

Good luck and remember - Have fun!

thanks for the explanations @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870"

i wanted a build for open world content when i want to relax , not being afraid of dying = good , dps is "ok" at best and thats fine.

just last question , i want to add a ranged dps option to this build for world bosses to avoid being restricted to melee (not always an option) , any advice?

I have a question: Why to choose Bulwark Gyro? How does it helps you?I see many of you, you are using it.As it sais it redirects damage to you.i'm confused.

@"Flame Of The Titan.3649" said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCFpitpCmXB0ehl7ii+2j9cHsBjwA47/GwCE-jxRBQBG7CAgHdEmRJIAeAAXR53/2f4vq/AA-e

So with this build you can maintain a near 100% uptime on quickness, there is a small problem with building might but I'll get to that in a moment, here are some variations.

How you keep 100% uptime on quickness? I tried your build with Strength Runes and it doesn't even open.

I'm sure someone who knows way more than me but I use it because it gives me a barrier to absorb the damage I take from others.> @Pagio.3029 said:

I have a question: Why to choose Bulwark Gyro? How does it helps you?I see many of you, you are using it.As it sais it redirects damage to you.i'm confused.

@"Flame Of The Titan.3649" said:

How you keep 100% uptime on quickness? I tried your build with Strength Runes and it doesn't even open.

One by one

@Pagio.3029 said:I have a question: Why to choose Bulwark Gyro? How does it helps you?I see many of you, you are using it.As it sais it redirects damage to you.i'm confused.

The Bulwark Gyro helps with a few things.

1.) The regular gyro generates barrier over time, starting with 3,328 and adding up a stack of 1,088 per pulse (values taken from the wiki). Duration is 5 seconds, each stack of barrier lasts a total of 5 seconds. Most of the complaints about the Scrapper have been about this Gyro, because of this feature. The biggest problem is, barrier does not work like heal. It is just a very weak block, which can broken through with too much damage.

Bulwark Barrier Chart (3 cycles, 1 minute)

WiEmbs4.png

There are a lot of misconceptions about the Bulwark Gyro and its barrier around at the moment. Many people just look into the wiki add up the numbers and think we have 7,680 barrier for 5 seconds. Some people also tend to believe that the barrier works exactly like a heal skill, which would mean that we cannot lose the barrier once it was granted. The truth is, as you can see in the graph, that the barrier is a temporary buff or temporary additional HP bar at best.

Each stack vanishes after exactly 5 seconds. The entire barrier-phase is ~ 9 seconds long. The skill has a cooldown of 20 seconds, so we are half the time without protection.

If you look closely, you can see two borders I have placed, one at 5,000 and one at 3,000. When you are traveling level 80 zones, the mobs hit pretty hard. Veterans, Elites and Champions have powerful attacks at thier disposal. When the barrier is above 5,000 points, you can consider it a strong block. It does not mean you are invulnerable, but it is more difficult to be killed during that time. Which is 3 seconds in total. That is not much.

When the barrier is below 3,000 you are resistant to auto-attacks of weaker mobs, but that is it. Any powerful attack or if you are surrounded by more mobs, the damage goes through the barrier very fast.

In competitive (sPvP and WvW) this is even worse. @ our enemies: Barrier is a block. Fight us like a warrior or a guardian and stop hitting us when we activated the block. As you can see in the graph, the ugly phase is over after 4 seconds. If you want to go double safe, wait 7 seconds and then unload your bursts.

This feature helps us to sustain an average amount of damage for an extended period of time and extreme damage for a short time. It requires some training and experience to time it well. But when you are diving into a blob or see your opponent (e. g. boss) channel a massive attack, it is time to start it. So you end up with most, if not all, of your HP left after the attack. It is also quite useful when fighting several trash-mobs at once.

2.) Watchful Eye actually hurts us, yes. It is a buff that is applied to every player within a range of 240, which is still quite narrow. This is helpful if we fight in groups or with allies back-to-back. If the other guy is playing glasscannon or has already low HP, you can "protect" him with this move. If the damage is not too much, the barrier you get from the skill should be enough to maintain the increased damage you receive.

3.) The toolbelt skill Defense Field creates a portable dome around you, which blocks projectiles.

4.) In addition, the Defense Field generates 3 Stacks of Stability.

Stability triggers two effects:

• via Mass Momentum it generates additional might stacks
  • those might stacks help you maintaining Applied Force, which serves as one of your main quickness-sources

@Pagio.3029 said:@"Flame Of The Titan.3649" said:

The build from the link works not with Strength Runes, it works with Superior Rune of the Chronomancer. The reason is simple, the Chronomancer rune generates Quickness upon using a Gyro. And that is why his build's skills are the Medic Gyro, the Shredder Gyro, the Bulwark Gyro and the Elixir U. The Gyros have pretty low cooldowns so you get some Quickness from using just them. In addition you gain Quickness from Elixir U.

So when you try it with Strength Runes, you will only have Elixir U and Applied Force as quickness sources, which is too less to maintain almost 100 % uptime of quickness. If you follow the build in the link 1:1, you will not end up with 100%. You will be close to that.

@"Lady Vanithy.6495"[PVE Scrapper Build V2.5] is my current build, which I am using for regular PvE.

@HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Your reply is what I would of said with 1 addition

100% quickness uptime is done by using a sigil of strength and using sneak gyro over mortar kit.

Also, something I didn't add in my long post was you can get a FULL SET of diviners gear from the new Dragonfall map and it is VERY easy to make, costing about 250 mistborn motes for an entire set or just doing the achievements and getting an entire set for free. It's not Ascended though but I don't see why you would want it Ascended for open world pve

I also want to share my version of PVE open world scrapper

Build :http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFASncoCVXhlYBmXBsehlJjCs6yuQi+vz7AX8ZOgAA-jBSBQBk7CAEYlOA4BAQk9HMjSwroMqv6A+r6PAA-ewith this build, u can very easily achieve 100% quickness uptime by only pair with elixir U and Applied Force

90.67% boon duration is perfect amount to reach 100% quickness uptime

elixir U = (6 x 1.2 x 1.9067)/ 32 = 0.429+Applied Force = (3 x 1.9067) /10 = 0.572

1.0001 = 100% uptime

for opening, just simply press elixir B + U, and u can get 14 stack of might immediately, so Applied Force is on in one second. plus every second grant 1 stack of might with stability, so 25 stack of might and 100% quickness uptime is a promise.

u can also get perma swiftness which u still very need because u can't mount all the time when combat, fury and retaliationeven some nice vigor for extra favor

for DPS

i use grenade, it got super high DPS tool belt for trash mob clean, also grenade 2+4+5 for more DPS boost, especially when u pair hammer 2 with grenade 2, u just switch to grenade kit every time u use hammer 2 skill, that mean grenade 2 is ready too

a big note: hammer 3 won't increase ur dps, so save it for leap combo in lighting and water field, so u can provide more cc or heal urself.

also u got grenade for range attack, so u don't need poor mortal to waste ur useful elite slotwe have better skill for that!

sneaky gyro for running around map without noticeelixir X for open world meta, u can CC the crap out of any BOSS, tool belt also provide 360 cc bar damagesupply crate for solo, this one can do like 4 second stun on the beginning 2s from drop + 2s from net turret over charge, tool belt skill med pack drop also a huge live saver, it heal for 7800! save me a lot of time with no doubt.

for sustain

protection is the key to alive, it can reduce 33% of damage which is way more than u can heal!!

u got very high protection uptime(45% cover) just from medic gyro tool belt which also provide to u r ally, this is one of the reason i choice medic gyro over healing turret

another source of protection is from Protection Injection, pair this trait with stability, u got no cc effect and free protection every time! almost every BOSS's big attack come with cc effect, this trait got u protection before u take damage, which ease a lot of damage when u accidentally mess up

stability is the key to stand ur ground! u won't be hit down like 3 second and wait for death come to u

Elixir U give u almost 14s stability, when Elixir U CD count down to 19s, u use Elixer B tool belt to extend it for another 9s!u can also got stability when u evade an attack for 7s

u also got tons of way to heal ur self too!

Compounding Chemicals heals little every time u grant boonBackpack Regenerator for better healing out put when u got ally who can give u regeneration and when use supply cratemedic gyro for best heal/s , 4560+460x5 area heal for ally / 20s = best skill! plus water field pair with hammer 3, it's insane of healing out put = 9460 / 20s, healing turret or elixir H can't even reach a bit, and don't forget the tool belt is super long water field too!!

and it's not over yet! we also got hammer 4 for block and hammer 3 for evade!!

with all the damage reduce from protection, no cc from stability, tons of healing from trait and medic gyro, block evade for hammer, it's really hard to mess up!!

AND

for the secret of this build , i use sigil of cleansing, to perfectly cover up the big flaw of no condition cleans skill of this build, so u don't even have to use any skill , u just switch to grenade or switch back to hammer, then u got 3 conditions done!! perfect for open world running! on/off mount also clean conditions!!

for support

rune can porvide 5 stack of might + fury + switfness to allyExilir B tool belt can provide 9s stability + 2 stack of mightmedic gyro too belt can provide 11.4s protectionmedic gyro for 2300 area healExilir U tool belt can area stun break and give superspeed

i really enjoy this build, it can do everything, even DPS is really high, i can see my name on the DPS meter everytime!! even on top of it several times no kiddingespecially the 100% quickness uptime for open AB chest, harvest node, wood and weed etc... all the action can get done 50% faster !! what a wonderful world~

before it ends , i want to share a cheap food : Cup of Light-Roasted Coffee, it gives u quickness for 9s every time u got off mount, which make ur open world running life so much happier :) enjoy!

thanks for watching ! hope u like this build like i do !