[suggestion] About trolls dropping portals/merchants/buffs at the chests.

As title.

When we completed the TD meta (killing Gerent), went into the cave to open chests after wall down.We often see portals, merchants and buffs dropped by players around the chests.Some people think it's a nice portal, but I don't.I can't open those chests easily, I needed to move my character back and forth to find the right place to open them.It WASTED times, indeed. Esp when I eagerly need to rush to next map before it's full.Perhaps some people think this's no big deal, but it did BOTHER me a lot.

I checked the Rules of Anet about gaming. It says below:"While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game." (... skipped)

So, I wonder if Anet could do something about this.[suggestion below]Such as not allowing people drop portals, merchants and buffs within xxx units of the chests... something like that.

Do you guys like those trolls or not?

PS. I have to use my bad English to write this. If there's any word using improperly, hope you won't mind. Thank you.

I agree it can be annoying though I know many find portals useful to get to the chests. Could help if they found a way to make chests the priority over other intractable items somehow though I'm not sure if that's possible.Given the current situation though, I find that sometimes it helps to try and manual click on the chest with your cursor to target it before pressing F to interact, as the game prioritizes interacting with what you have targeted. Still can take some time, but sometimes you can click on it easy...If a ton of people aren't swarming it.

Sometimes this is not trolling, but an automatic effect of a full inventory spawning a merchant; either way it presents an obstacle. It can also be difficult to click on the chest due to the flurry of visual noise, nameplates, and other interference, and even though you can take steps to remove some of these in your settings, you shouldn't have to bend over backwards to do something as simple as looting a chest.

I would be in support of adjusting how close to a chest things like portals and merchants can be placed, but that too is a complicated issue. Some merchants (and some chests) spawn at random locations relative to the players or where a creature dies. An adjustment like this might also jeopardize the ability of kind Mesmers to portal people to the end of puzzles and other objectives, which is one of the cooperative perks enjoyed by many in the community.

There is no doubt that obscuring loot chests is an issue, but the solutions seem equally complex.

Just forget about the MF% buff works or not.Some trash food dropped at the same time while pressing "F", and it covered my MF% buff or other nice buffs.I can't foresee that. Sometimes there're lots of junk food were dropped around the chest, not just 1.Hard to locate the chest with my mouse.Why Anet do not willing to do something about this?

@AgentMoore.9453 said:I would be in support of adjusting how close to a chest things like portals and merchants can be placed, but that too is a complicated issue. Some merchants (and some chests) spawn at random locations relative to the players or where a creature dies. An adjustment like this might also jeopardize the ability of kind Mesmers to portal people to the end of puzzles and other objectives, which is one of the cooperative perks enjoyed by many in the community.

There is no doubt that obscuring loot chests is an issue, but the solutions seem equally complex.

We know mounts, gliding were disable in some particular places (i.e. near the jumping puzzles).Anet can disable portals or other specific items were dropped within the cave too.

@"RainbowGoblins.1578" said:Just forget about the MF% buff works or not.Some trash food dropped at the same time while pressing "F", and it covered my MF% buff or other nice buffs.I can't foresee that. Sometimes there're lots of junk food were dropped around the chest, not just 1.Hard to locate the chest with my mouse.Why Anet do not willing to do something about this?

Unwilling or quite possibly unable. As others have mentioned this has been a recurring issue in many areas of the game for a long time and anet has attempted to address it in limited ways more than once. It may be more technically challenging than we realize . . .

It reminds me a lot of the ability to select a repeatable reward track. It's something players asked for over and over again and eventually we did get it, but if it was really easy as it seemed it probably would have happened a lot sooner . . .

I honestly believe the devs simply do not care, or are allowing this on purpose to generate drama. Time and time again events have been created where you need to let them fail to do one thing but complete them for another. The devs know this creates friction, they have known it for years yet they still do it. It's the same thing with this issue. It's a known griefing tactic that has been used for years. It has been brought to their attention multiple times, but it has been completely ignored. The only conclusion that can be made is this is the intended way they want it to work.

Please do not suggest portals not be placed near chests. I, and others on the forum, have great difficulty navigating JP's and I would hate to see mesmers unable to help us out.

The other stuff, yes, sure.

I will say that I have accidentally opened a chest, then opened a merchant, forgetting they actually pop up, as opposed to the bank, which does not. I really wish all the permanent vendors were just the dialog boxes.

Think the other way. U know there might be portal so u don't immadietly press f - u lose few sec. But many ppl that did it wasted much more time, so there is higher chance u will get place on next map. Ez.Also i appreciate creative portals, that can take me to weird places, I love aviator memory box(no idea why any1 complains about it) and I love to look at falling ppl at TD ^^If u get teleported, tho u knew it may happen... U deserve to be teleported than :p

@Safandula.8723 said:Think the other way. U know there might be portal so u don't immadietly press f - u lose few sec. But many ppl that did it wasted much more time, so there is higher chance u will get place on next map. Ez.Also i appreciate creative portals, that can take me to weird places, I love aviator memory box(no idea why any1 complains about it) and I love to look at falling ppl at TD ^^If u get teleported, tho u knew it may happen... U deserve to be teleported than :p

These are the sorts we don't need. Have fun at your own expense, please.

There's also a certain guild that likes to pull Bloated Creepers into Tequatl trying to see how many players they can kill since people aren't expecting a circle of death to be under them. I've reported said guild but the still do it. I even gave ANeT the usual time they do it. Guess enforcing the rules of conduct are low on the totem pole for ANeT.

@Gop.8713 said:...if it was really easy as it seemed it probably would have happened a lot sooner . . .Indeed.

The one thing they have done before is adjust the priority order of the [f] interact function. Lots of other things used to take precedence, causing issues in terms of picking up critical objects versus environmental weapons versus rezzing an ally and so on.

Theoretically, it might be possible to ensure that nodes (which include chests, as well as e.g. mithril or flax) take precedence over vendors or portals. However, I'm 90% certain that ANet would have to check all sorts of other bits of the game that also use the same precedence and various interactions (e.g. during story instances). I also imagine that some things use the same precedence value, even though we as players consider them as different.

In other words, even though on the face of it there's an obvious solution (change precedence order), the QA to allow it in the game might turn out to be anything but obvious.