Engineer - Turret Buff?

DrDoctor.8091

@"Ivantreil.3092" said:Going Back to the subject, OP pointed how useless is the current Net Turret, and the lack of ideas to buff this turret.

IMO the abilities this turret can offer are forgettable, and imo i would propose to rework this one from ground zero and have a new one take his place.

What i have in mind is that we could get a new turret with the purpose of boosting Engineer's support in Raids/Fractals, a support turret that grants boon and/or modifiers, maybe a turret that grants concentration or aegis to allies, with an overload effect of granting immunity in a short period to allies around the radius (to make it balanced, only your allies, you don't count), with a hefty cooldown for destroying the turret of course.

That's what i would like to see if Turret buffs or reworks were in the table, maybe not the best idea, but it would be a start.

You mean like https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Turrets?

@archmagus.7249 said:

@"Ivantreil.3092" said:Going Back to the subject, OP pointed how useless is the current Net Turret, and the lack of ideas to buff this turret.

IMO the abilities this turret can offer are forgettable, and imo i would propose to rework this one from ground zero and have a new one take his place.

What i have in mind is that we could get a new turret with the purpose of boosting Engineer's support in Raids/Fractals, a support turret that grants boon and/or modifiers, maybe a turret that grants concentration or aegis to allies, with an overload effect of granting immunity in a short period to allies around the radius (to make it balanced, only your allies, you don't count), with a hefty cooldown for destroying the turret of course.

That's what i would like to see if Turret buffs or reworks were in the table, maybe not the best idea, but it would be a start.

You mean like
?

Pretty much, only that this turret would be mainly covering stat modifiers, something that often is very valuable and desired in a support build, there's already builds for healer engi for the raids scene, a stat booster turret would prob help to solidify this support iteration of engineer.

@Ivantreil.3092 said:Going Back to the subject, OP pointed how useless is the current Net Turret, and the lack of ideas to buff this turret.

Let's be honest, most of the turrets are lackluster except healing turret and maybe thumper turret.

• Rocket turret has a horrendous arc on its overcharge, and its normal shot isn't that threatening. Plus low health
  • Rifle turret is only worth bringing for its toolbelt skill. Plus low health
  • Flame turret does pretty minor burning, overcharge is... ok. Range is low, and low health.
  • Net turret is laughably bad
  • Supply crate has an insanely long cooldown given its utility. Drop its cooldown to 45 seconds and it might be worthwhile.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Ivantreil.3092 said:Going Back to the subject, OP pointed how useless is the current Net Turret, and the lack of ideas to buff this turret.

Let's be honest, most of the turrets are lackluster except healing turret and maybe thumper turret.
  • Rocket turret has a horrendous arc on its overcharge, and its normal shot isn't that threatening. Plus low health
  • Rifle turret is only worth bringing for its toolbelt skill. Plus low health
  • Flame turret does pretty minor burning, overcharge is... ok. Range is low, and low health.
  • Net turret is laughably bad
  • Supply crate has an insanely long cooldown given its utility. Drop its cooldown to 45 seconds and it might be worthwhile.

Anx that's the reason why this thread exists, we all know how mediocre are in comparison to the rest of our araenal (with the exception of Healing Turret of course).

That's why i gave said opinion in the net turret for examle, and honestly, they have room for buffs with the current power creep level of the game.

@archmagus.7249 said:

You mean like
?

On the subject of the "Experimental Turrets" trait. I think they should do a change for it too. Make the turrets immune to all damage for a few seconds and give allies boons more often. Just a thought.

@"TheWeirdoNik.6247" said:

You mean like
?

On the subject of the "Experimental Turrets" trait. I think they should do a change for it too. Make the turrets immune to all damage for a few seconds and give allies boons more often. Just a thought.

It used to reduce damage by 33%, but that was before they changed how minions turrets and pets take damage and conditions.