Zeal or Radiance for sword guardian?

velocity.4621

^^^ topic

i currently run S/F & longbow....with virtues and dragonhunter...but i'm not sure which is better between zeal and radiance, dps wise...for radiance i would take 2/3/2 or 2/3/3....for zeal i would take 2/1/3...radiance benefits from the extra (80) precision and (80) power from right-hand strength, and the retaliation,zeal benefits from symbol damage buff and power converted from toughness,my longbow will get no benefits from radiance, but it seems to have more damage than scepter...on the other hand, my sword will get no reduce CD from zeal

things to note :

• no i am not new to gw2 or guardian, i just got back from hiatus and saw some big changes, so i'm not sure anymore
  • no i will not be using GS,
  • this is not for pvp, raids or high level fractals

so, which trait do you guys think will give most benefits for my sword/focus & longbow guardian? zeal or radiance?

thank you... :)

In PvE radiance is an absolute must for any non-support build. MyPower open world PvE build is radiance/zeal/DH. If you are not using GS you could consider virtues over zeal since you get retaliation with every SoJ.

Radiance power in PvE is 3-3-3. Zeal would 2-3-3 without GS. Virtues varies.

@otto.5684 said:In PvE radiance is an absolute must for any non-support build. MyPower open world PvE build is radiance/zeal/DH. If you are not using GS you could consider virtues over zeal since you get retaliation with every SoJ.

thanks,

i thought retaliation is not really good in pve?and without GS i only have a few way to keep the retal uptime, and that includes wasting heal skill and stab...

in case i don't run retal on radiance, well, i do take retribution trait, does radiance still an absolute must over zeal? and does retal is the only reason why radiance is a must?

@velocity.4621 said:

@otto.5684 said:In PvE radiance is an absolute must for any non-support build. MyPower open world PvE build is radiance/zeal/DH. If you are not using GS you could consider virtues over zeal since you get retaliation with every SoJ.

thanks,

i thought retaliation is not really good in pve?and without GS i only have a few way to keep the retal uptime, and that includes wasting heal skill and stab...

in case i don't run retal on radiance, well, i do take retribution trait, does radiance still an absolute must over zeal? and does retal is the only reason why radiance is a must?

Retaliation is only good to maintain RI, which gives you +25% critical hit. Virtues with radiance help a lot with retaliation on F1.

@velocity.4621 said:

thanks,

The only use of retal is the bonuses you get for having it. Look at it this way, if Protection gave you Might, Ferocity, increased critical chance and +damage%, then everybody would be running around with hammers.

G> @velocity.4621 said:

thanks,

Retaliation damage is irrelevant. However, while having retaliation and radiance line:

You gain 250 ferocity10% damage25% critical chance5-6 might stacks (150 power or so)10% critic chance to targets with burning.

There are so many skills and traits that provide retaliation. I would go to GW2 wiki for full list. But 100% retaliation is easy, even without GS symbol.

Nothing virtues or zeal have is even remotely close to this. Even if you go condi route, radiance is still and absolute must (for different traits).

If you are playing Power DH in PvE you will use DH and radiance, with the third line being optional between virtues and zeal.

If I run sword and scepter I probably would use virtues over zeal for retaliation uptime. With virtues Spear of Justice will give you 3.5 sec retaliation. Should be enough to kill any regular mob with a power build.