Skyscales and the Wealdwood

PanBelacqua.9058

So, the Wealdwood. It is immune to other draconic corruption, corrupts nearby creatures, and can interface with sand and crystals.

It's also gold, similar to the cradles for Glint's two children, and the first half of Aurene's name - AUR (yes, I know, Aurene glass).

I decided to fly my Skyscale into the orb for funsies, and I'm pretty sure it got a LOT bigger. The glow is certainly more pronounced.

The_Wealdwood.jpg^Wiki image, and my experience Pre-Skyscale.gw764.jpg^After I flew my Skyscale in.

Given that the Hero Challenge was updated 4 months before Aurene was added, to give Golden Sand, nd its visual similarities to Kralkatorrik's Heart, I think we're looking at the long-dead remains of Aurene and Vlast's great grandmother: the mother Kralkatorrik spoke of with his dying thoughts.

EDIT: Never mind. The orb grows shortly before the Inquest channeling event, and stays grown unless the event is lost. At this point, it stays smaller until the event comes back around.

That of course doesn't mean they can't retroactively make things connected to that line.

That said, the Wealdwood feels heavily tied to the Forgotten and Exalted. In The Mystery Cave of Season 2, there are plants and sand which are turned gold in a similar manner to the Wealdwood, and both the Exalted and the Wealdwood are immune to dragon corruption (like other Forgotten magic). Unless they do a second case of "but they were dragon minions all along!" I doubt there will be any connection between the Wealdwood and the Elder Dragons.

Seems more likely there could be a connection between the Wealdwood and the Rite of the Great Dwarf which turned the dwarves from flesh into stone that, similarly, seems incorruptible (by Primordus).

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:That of course doesn't mean they can't retroactively make things connected to that line.

That said, the Wealdwood feels heavily tied to the Forgotten and Exalted. In The Mystery Cave of Season 2, there are plants and sand which are turned gold in a similar manner to the Wealdwood, and both the Exalted and the Wealdwood are immune to dragon corruption (like other Forgotten magic). Unless they do a second case of "but they were dragon minions all along!" I doubt there will be any connection between the Wealdwood and the Elder Dragons.

Seems more likely there could be a connection between the Wealdwood and the Rite of the Great Dwarf which turned the dwarves from flesh into stone that, similarly, seems incorruptible (by Primordus).

Im thinking that orb is more likely a failed first attempt by the forgetten at making replacement dragons or a weapon, id like to think that its a dragon egg but not a ed related dragon that was manipulated by the forgotten but didnt quite workout, i cant imagine using relatives of eds was the first plan the forgotten came up with but the inability to create a suitable replace may have pushed them in that direction