How to start working on your Season 4 Map Currencies

@"PhantomGoddess.5174" said:I'm a little confused on the gathering nodes for the map currencies, I keep looking for them, but I don't know what they're called for each respective map...except Dragonfall with the Mistborne Motes (I think?). Can Someone please clarify this for me, as well as let me know if I need any special tools for these nodes in the form of: Map Name, Node Name, Tool Type/Name? I really could appreciate it. It could be that they don't exist in some maps and that's fine, but it could also be that I'm just missing them too because I don't know what they're called.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Living_World_Season_4

@Daniel.5428 said:

@"Feothyr.6072" said:

Except it's not - at least to my knowledge it wasn't promoted as such. Besides, apples and oranges ... It would be much more accurate to compare the skyscale to the roller beetle, as both are mounts added in a Living World update and are the unique selling point of their respective episodes. Comparing the skyscale with Aurora doesn't make any sense at all.

It does. Skyscale is a flying mount. Flying mounts in GW2 are a luxury. For me, the collection really makes sense, I knew they will ask for currency since they announced skyscale as a season finale mount. I saw a flying mount and I said "Ok, this will be another luxury mount." Anyway, those currencies are easy to get. I get a tons over time only from my home nodes.

Its not even a flying mount, its a glide/hover/climb mount, i have had flying mounts and this aint it.

@"Cyninja.2954" said:Not going to take credit for this, but will quote and link to the reddit thread which deals with how to fast gather Season 4 map currencies.

First off, the thread is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/br8kjl/how_to_easily_obtain_season_4_currencies/

! The last part of the Skyscale Collection needs a stack (250) of each season 4 currency. here are some tips to easily farm them:

Kralkatite Ore (Domain of Istan)
: very easy to get! just do the hearts at the Astralarium and Champion's Dawn. at the astralarium just interact with the mirrors and the obelisks until the bar is full. at champion's dawn fly up to the hill in the middle and on the way down free all the prisoners and pick up food on the way to the heart vendor. each heart gives you 25(!) Kralkatite Ore. so 50 per character.

Diflourite Crystal (Sandswept Isles)
: that will take a little bit longer. the heart at the athoma farm and the magnetics lab are very fast to finish though. also the gathering route for the nodes on a skimmer are very easy to traverse. when the specimen chamber event is up do it too.

Inscribed Shards (Domain of Kourna)
: besides the heart at the frontline (rytlock) all the other hearts are very fast and easy to finish. at the corsair heart pick up the bottles, at the hylek heart kill fireflys. lord faren's heart and the heart at the village are pretty self explanatory.

Lump of Mistonium (Jahai Bluffs)
: two very easy hearts at the pact camp in the south (just pick up the item near the dummies and spam 1 on them) and at the village (just get seeds and plant them. you also can pick up some foods on the way and give it to the villagers or hoard them so you can use them the next day too). also easy events with the death branded shatterer (its on a timer and many ppl still do it) and each rift event gives 5 mistonium too (5 rifts per day per character!!)

Branded Mass (Thunderhead Peaks)
: 4 very easy and fast hearts you can finish daily on multiple chars. when the north or south metas are up, do them too.

Mistborn Mote (Dragonfall)
: just play the meta and open the chests. you will be flooded with them. when you need more just buy 5 daily at the vendor at the northern entrance/bridge.

dont forget that you also can do other events, daily chest and node runs (get Taco for optimal routes), daily home instance gathering or buy 5 of all currencies each day from the new vendor in Dragonfall!!
  • credit goes to kalamari for creating the post on reddit

Doing some simple math, if you start absolutely from scratch with literally 0 materials, you are looking at around 1-1.5 hours of daily tasks in all 6 maps for as much as 10-12 days for the slowest map (Jahai Bluffs and Sandswept Isles). Many of the other maps can be farmed a lot faster.

Not included in this calculation: racing around the map and gathering from nodes. Sandswept Isles for example nets some extra Diflourite Crystals extra.

Same goes for events or additional characters. Jahai Bluffs has a very easy heart in the south which can be completed in 40 seconds for 5 Lump of Mistonium (I'm sure a lot of people remember this map from working on their Elegy and Requiem armors).

While playing the maps you will accumulate enough Volatile Magic to purchase the additional 5 map resource per day from the Dragonfall trader (requires a total of 420 Volatile Magic for 5 resource of each map).

Check the thread for additional suggestions. There is also a link to Tekkit's Workshop's guides of youtube videos on gathering resources. Using all methods recommended and multiple characters (3-4 should be enough) will finish collecting the required amount within 1-3 days per map.

Does this mean it might take a few days longer until you have your Skyscale? Pretty much.Is it an unachievable grind? Hard to say, depends on how much you enjoy racing around maps and gathering, doing events, doing hearts and how much resources you have saved up. So basically how much you enjoy playing the game.Will I be disadvantaged if others have their Skyscale before me? Absolutely, the first 1,000 Skyscales acquiring players get an additional account based speed boost of 200%. No, obviously not, please play the game at your own pace.

For all spvp and wvw players, reward tracks will yield 50 map resource (Istan yields 250) and I would recommend getting the slower to gather materials first (Jahai Bluffs and Diflourite Crystals for most).

To everyone, good luck and try to have fun.

To add to this Thunderhead peaks is probably the easiest to get the quota. The first heart (Inspire troops) requires no levels to complete and takes a minute to do so get a portal scroll and go to work with alts and cough fresh chars cough ;)

@"PhantomGoddess.5174" said:I'm a little confused on the gathering nodes for the map currencies, I keep looking for them, but I don't know what they're called for each respective map...except Dragonfall with the Mistborne Motes (I think?). Can Someone please clarify this for me, as well as let me know if I need any special tools for these nodes in the form of: Map Name, Node Name, Tool Type/Name? I really could appreciate it. It could be that they don't exist in some maps and that's fine, but it could also be that I'm just missing them too because I don't know what they're called.

Here's the page you want: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gathering#Special_nodesIf you go to each map's main article page, you can also see the icon used on the map for each gathering node.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Here's the page you want:
If you go to each map's main article page, you can also see the icon used on the map for each gathering node.

Good luck.

thank you! I was wracking my brain trying to figure out where to find the information. I think maybe I was just up a little too late last night and was using bad search terms. but thanks so much. I appreciate the help!

From wiki:

A game is a structured form of play, usually undertaken for enjoyment and sometimes used as an educational tool.[1] Games are distinct from work, which is usually carried out for remuneration, and from art, which is more often an expression of aesthetic or ideological elements. However, the distinction is not clear-cut, and many games are also considered to be work (such as professional players of spectator sports or games) or art (such as jigsaw puzzles or games involving an artistic layout such as Mahjong, solitaire, or some video games).

Games are sometimes played purely for entertainment, sometimes for achievement or reward as well. They can be played alone, in teams, or online; by amateurs or by professionals

Here is what I did. Went one map at a time found the easiest heart and did it with every character I had. If a meta pops up go do it you will get a decent amount of currency there then go back to doing the hearts. You may not have a bunch of characters just take the ones you got. There are a few hearts that have no combat portions so you can use low levels characters. Took me 2 days averaging 3 hours each day. It is a pain in the rear but it is a temporary pain.

Ask in town for someone to let your use their full home instance. You will get 3 of each currency there. Then combine that with the 5 you can buy from DragonFall. That's an easy 8 per day.

Also if you play pvp or wvw remember that the final tier map specific reward tracks grant you 50 of that maps currency (if you select it). So if you have any potions saved up use them!

Don't forget that Dragonfall rewards 25 Mistborn Motes to each character that map-completes it. (Don't know about the other LS4 maps.) It doesn't take that long (and you can gather motes from the nodes around the map to supplement the gain), and does not require that the character has completed the story.

In general: I have a limited tolerance for grinding, but getting the Skyscale was well inside my limits. (Aided by already having a metric carpton of Charged Quartz, all the Thunderhead Keep currency I needed, and a strong desire to get the beastie and practice using it.)

I am going to push and update this thread.

Fist off, I had the initial 250 materials saved up to immediately get the Skyscale since I always only keep 1 stack of materials at hand. I was required to farm 100 (I actually farmed 250 of all 6 maps before checking what is required for the trinket going off of Deroir's video which was a bit unclear how much currency was required) of all 6 maps currencies (and 3,000 Krakitite Ore for the Astral Weapons) for the Legendary trinket . Just so people know that I too went through the grind and advice given.

I keep seeing people grind 1 map at a time, getting 250 map currency, then moving on to the next map. DO NOT DO THIS! (well unless you want to make life difficult on yourself). As with all things, GW2 gives you a daily resetting benefit in acquiring materials/loot.There is a huge benefit in taking advantage of 1nce per day rewards and mechanics.

Cycle through the maps, do the metas, complete some of the dailies, use gathering nodes (which are daily capped) and play the maps. Farming heart quests, while efficient and fast, is more of an additional push for AFTER doing the basic first time per day tasks.

From this, here are some methods of acquisition which I found most useful for the specific maps (many of these are mentioned in the reddit thread linked):

Kralkatite Ore (Domain of Istan) - remains the easiest with hearts giving 25, also of note is the meteorite which comes down every 15 minutes which too will yield around 50 additional Ore and some nice Rose Quartz which can be sold for gold

Diflourite Crystal (Sandswept Isles) - gathering the nodes daily yields an easy and fast 30-40 map resource. If you want to make it super easy, get gw2taco and use one of Tekkit's Marker packs

Inscribed Shards (Domain of Kourna) - again, Tekkit's Marker packs allow for easy gathering per day, more interesting though is the meta which yields 17 resource per run and is being done fairly often at the moment

Lump of Mistonium (Jahai Bluffs) - the Heart in the south is quite fast, so is gathering the map daily. The only map I really spammed a heart (except Istan which I needed for the 3,000 Kralkatite Ore, suffice to say, if not going for the trinket Istan will be faster).

Branded Mass (Thunderhead Peaks) - the Meta's, once again gathering the nodes on the map, the Dwarven chests, so many things one can do without having to spam hearts.

• quoted for easier reading

I need to amend the time required. My initial estimate was to high. Given how even by simple node gathering, the extra rewards for doing metas and in general just playing on the map will yield resources, if maps are cycled properly, this gathering can be completed significantly faster and easy within 1 week of 1 hour per day casual play. Make use of the 5 map currency for each map which can be purchased in Dragonfall and try to gather some ones home nodes if possible.

@AlexxxDelta.1806 said:Very helpful post. Not only to show the most efficient way to do this but also to clearly illustrate the extent of the grind required. It actually helped me decide to skip this mount as, with the exception of Shatterer and DF meta, everything else looks like the worst kind of repetitive grind. Especially if you already have PTSD from elegy/requiem.

really didn't think the elegy/requiem grind was that bad, especially since I was taking a break from the game at the time of that story release, logged in to play the story but that was all i did. came back a week or so before dragonfall, and in that time, have gotten the skyscale and completed the elegy/requiem sets... although i am quite sick of jahai, and now istan after that 3k kralk ore farm, lol