30000 damage on a 4 second cooldown with 45% stealth uptime

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Oneshot maul feels unfair because its telegraph can be hidden by several means, including forage and leaping through a smokescale field, which you cannot rightly interrupt because standing in the field counts as an evade (If I am incorrect about that field, let me know.).

Yeah you're incorrect. The pet gains evasion and incoming condition immunity while standing in Smoke Cloud. This has no effect on the player.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Oneshot maul feels unfair because its telegraph can be hidden by several means, including forage and leaping through a smokescale field, which you cannot rightly interrupt because standing in the field counts as an evade (If I am incorrect about that field, let me know.).

Yeah you're incorrect. The pet gains evasion and incoming condition immunity while standing in Smoke Cloud. This has no effect on the player.

Thanks, appreciated. I figured such. I usually have to deal with blindness in those situations, so clarification was needed~

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:Some classes also have invulns they can use =]

Warriors do. (Way to much actually)Guardians do.Rangers do.Mesmers do.Necromancers dont.Engineers do.Thief's do. (Evasion up the wazzoo)Rev's do.Elementalist do.

Poor necros, just gotta hope to soak it up, but everyone else can atleast build against it. And please dont give me that.

So you have to activate yourh sixth sense to activate your block, etc right before he attacks out of stealth. Oke.And could you tell me how 2 sec physical dmg negate is too much on warrior? Just curious. One is on on a 90 sec cd not to mention, and only activates when already under 50%, the other has 30sec cd, which is fair i think

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Thanks, appreciated. I figured such. I usually have to deal with blindness in those situations, so clarification was needed~

Oh it doesn't blind either unless you use a projectile/whirl finisher in the smoke field. Hope that clears things up!

@RedShark.9548 said:

Warriors do. (Way to much actually)Guardians do.Rangers do.Mesmers do.Necromancers dont.Engineers do.Thief's do. (Evasion up the wazzoo)Rev's do.Elementalist do.

Poor necros, just gotta hope to soak it up, but everyone else can atleast build against it. And please dont give me that.

So you have to activate yourh sixth sense to activate your block, etc right before he attacks out of stealth. Oke.And could you tell me how 2 sec physical dmg negate is too much on warrior? Just curious. One is on on a 90 sec cd not to mention, and only activates when already under 50%, the other has 30sec cd, which is fair i think

If Last stand is taken, 5-6 seconds of invulnerability. With defiant stance. With Shield block. With permanent vigor. And Balanced stance to survive their burst cause no criticals.

Warrior doesnt even need to block, game plays itself for a good chunk of that engagement. If a soulbeast wins against a core warrior then clearly the warrior was outplayed.

Lets also mention a Berserker can do the amt of damage to multiple targets in the same frame, but people find that fair?

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

If Last stand is taken, 5-6 seconds of invulnerability. With defiant stance. With Shield block. With permanent vigor. And Balanced stance to survive their burst cause no criticals.

Warrior doesnt even need to block, game plays itself for a good chunk of that engagement. If a soulbeast wins against a core warrior then clearly the warrior was outplayed.

Lets also mention a Berserker can do the amt of damage to multiple targets in the same frame, but people find that fair?

How is last stand 5-6 seconds of invuln (physical dmg reduction isnt even invuln, cc and condis still hurt you, but regardless of that, how is that mastery rly relevant?) because it prolonges the 2sec duration of endure pain by 20%? Dont make me laugh. Again, auto endure pain 2 sec on 90 sec cd, the manual ep for 2 sec on 30cd, when you have to activate it before the dmg comes in, defiant stance? Come the f on dawg, if you hit more than 1 big hitting attack into that you are bad and should just leave any pvp mode for good. Shieldblock 3s on a 20sec cd(traited) while they cant do anything while doing it.

If a soulbeasts loses to standart gs+axe/shield core warrior, the sb hasnt played the class for long. Sorry but the unblockables, paired with physical Dmg immunity and mobillity+ranged on sb site is in every aspect superior to core warrior

And rly? Berserker? With timegated burst? Where you EXACTLY know when hes going to do dmg and when he isnt? Oh boi please end me

@RedShark.9548 said:

How is last stand 5-6 seconds of invuln (physical dmg reduction isnt even invuln, cc and condis still hurt you, but regardless of that, how is that mastery rly relevant?) because it prolonges the 2sec duration of endure pain by 20%? Dont make me laugh. Again, auto endure pain 2 sec on 90 sec cd, the manual ep for 2 sec on 30cd, when you have to activate it before the dmg comes in, defiant stance? Come the f on dawg, if you hit more than 1 big hitting attack into that you are bad and should just leave any pvp mode for good. Shieldblock 3s on a 20sec cd(traited) while they cant do anything while doing it.

If a soulbeasts loses to standart gs+axe/shield core warrior, the sb hasnt played the class for long. Sorry but the unblockables, paired with physical Dmg immunity and mobillity+ranged on sb site is in every aspect superior to core warrior

And rly? Berserker? With timegated burst? Where you EXACTLY know when hes going to do dmg and when he isnt? Oh boi please end me

Last stand increases the duration of stances. Endure is a stance, Defy pain is a stance. Add those together and what does taking last stand give you? And thats all core warrior, this isnt even adding in the bonuses of the elite specs. Deviant stance has no noticeable animation that tells you not to hit the warrior, you only notice its adctivated when you see green numbers. The point of not being able to do anything during shield block doesnt matter. They are eating a good chunk of the soul beast burst and stalling out vigar regenation as well as stance cooldowns and their high damaging weapon abilities.

When it comes to a soulbeast's burst, the last thing that you would be getting downed by is their conditions, so thats irrelevant. Also lets note that no class aside from a necromancer's corruptions can burn down the amt of stability a warrior gets.

Every classes burst is time gated, berserkers literally doesnt matter if you nail it or not because the rest of your attacks already do the damage to make up for it.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Last stand increases the duration of stances. Endure is a stance, Defy pain is a stance. Add those together and what does taking last stand give you? And thats all core warrior, this isnt even adding in the bonuses of the elite specs. Deviant stance has no noticeable animation that tells you not to hit the warrior, you only notice its adctivated when you see green numbers. The point of not being able to do anything during shield block doesnt matter. They are eating a good chunk of the soul beast burst and stalling out vigar regenation as well as stance cooldowns and their high damaging weapon abilities.

When it comes to a soulbeast's burst, the last thing that you would be getting downed by is their conditions, so thats irrelevant. Also lets note that no class aside from a necromancer's corruptions can burn down the amt of stability a warrior gets.

Every classes burst is time gated, berserkers literally doesnt matter if you nail it or not because the rest of your attacks already do the damage to make up for it.

I adressed the last stand effect, its 20% duration on 2sec, which is like nothing (im sure you can do the math buddy), last stand itself has 90sec cd, just like the auto endure pain (thats 1minute and 30seconds, thats a loooong kitten time); about defiance stance animation, thats why i said after hitting 1 burst skill you just stop hitting into defiant stance, soulbeast has a load of unblockables to ez counter shieldblock, pls tell me where those tons of stab come from on warrior, balanced stance is the only reasonable source.

How are other classes as time gated with their burst as berserker?He goes berserk, you go defensive for 10 seconds, he cant do anything and runs out of berserker, at which point he cant do anything because hes not berserk obviously.If you use defenses against other classes, they can simply not waste their cds into your defenses and still have them ready when your defensive skills run out.

@RedShark.9548 said:

I adressed the last stand effect, its 20% duration on 2sec, which is like nothing (im sure you can do the math buddy), last stand itself has 90sec cd, just like the auto endure pain (thats 1minute and 30seconds, thats a loooong kitten time); about defiance stance animation, thats why i said after hitting 1 burst skill you just stop hitting into defiant stance, soulbeast has a load of unblockables to ez counter shieldblock, pls tell me where those tons of stab come from on warrior, balanced stance is the only reasonable source.

How are other classes as time gated with their burst as berserker?He goes berserk, you go defensive for 10 seconds, he cant do anything and runs out of berserker, at which point he cant do anything because hes not berserk obviously.If you use defenses against other classes, they can simply not waste their cds into your defenses and still have them ready when your defensive skills run out.

Well I think the idea is that you go defensive when Berserk is on CD, you pretty much just gotta kite and wait it out.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Guardians have ONE invul on their elite, which most of the time their not because Firebrand runs mantras or signets, with MAYBE one virtue. Guardians are also not running virtue traits with support Firebrand (except for maybe offensive Firebrand, but that's a meme), so it's a detriment for them to not take their three, aoe stunbreaks over one single virtue that will still probably get them killed. Let's not forget Anet decided gerdian projectile hate is bad, so let's fk them harder and make it unblockable, so screw any and all aegis, projectile hate fields they have.

Ele on has a damn invul from earth, focus five which NO bunker Weaver runs. Most weavers are running sword/dagger with a two evades at most that are already being popped because some other monkey spec decided to take aim for the Weaver.

@Twilight Tempest.7584 said:

@"Faux Play.6104" said:The soulbeast hate is amazing. This can't be from spvp. I have no issue fighting them with reaper or scoruge. Play warrior and you eat them for lunch. The maps have plenty of spots to los and they don't have good defense at all. I die way more to builds that can teleport burst like rev. That is much more dangerous if done well than pew pew. Watch Rom's stream. He isn't laying waste to people with it

I'd much rather have glass cannon builds in the game than sustain builds. The bunker meta killed GW2 pvp.

Whispers
Shhh! This is not the place for reason, this is the land of emotionally fueled absurdity, blend in.
Clears throat
Ah yes! SB so OP, too much everything, perma stealth, 3 weapon sets, can swap in beast mode and out of beast mode with 4 pets to utilize every invuln/stealth, 30k auto attacks, Shroud even 360 no scoped a warrior through endure pain! The mad lad! Pliz nerf.
/sarcasm

Right?! Why should SLB be the first and only spec ever to get targeted by a lot of the community and "balanced" accordingly? :wink:

To remind you that the forum is not lot of the community...it's just the very small vocal minority

@RedShark.9548 said:

Test it ingame, its 5 seconds of invulnerability overall. Last stand is there to counter the ranger's opener, if they lb4 it doesnt matter. Also giving you the stability to not get knocked down by a soul beast f1 or the pets knock down ability.

Defiant stance can be used when a ranger cast rapid fire or when they activate soul beast mode because thats where their unblockable timer starts so you know its the start of their burst. If you see that you have been revealed, they activated sic em which means either you can use endure pain or use balanced stance to soak up the incoming burst. There damage comes from crit burst so you have literally 5 seconds to not be crit in that time frame which is huge. Lets do the math here.

Defiant Stance: 5 secondsEndure Pain + Defy pain: 5 secondsShield Stance: 3 seconds

With permenant vigor: 2 dodges every 10 secondsEnergy sigils could be a possiblity as well for even more dodges.

~13 seconds of a frame where if a CORE warrior knows any bit of competence they can completely negate any soulbeast burst.

Apologies I made a mistake, soul beast only has 4 seconds of unblockable after they enter soulbeasts.

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Test it ingame, its 5 seconds of invulnerability overall. Last stand is there to counter the ranger's opener, if they lb4 it doesnt matter. Also giving you the stability to not get knocked down by a soul beast f1 or the pets knock down ability.

Defiant stance can be used when a ranger cast rapid fire or when they activate soul beast mode because thats where their unblockable timer starts so you know its the start of their burst. If you see that you have been revealed, they activated sic em which means either you can use endure pain or use balanced stance to soak up the incoming burst. There damage comes from crit burst so you have literally 5 seconds to not be crit in that time frame which is huge. Lets do the math here.

Defiant Stance: 5 secondsEndure Pain + Defy pain: 5 secondsShield Stance: 3 seconds

With permenant vigor: 2 dodges every 10 secondsEnergy sigils could be a possiblity as well for even more dodges.

~13 seconds of a frame where if a CORE warrior knows any bit of competence they can completely negate any soulbeast burst.

Apologies I made a mistake, soul beast only has 4 seconds of unblockable after they enter soulbeasts.

You also forgot GS3...

@iKeostuKen.2738 said:

Again, defiant stance is no reliable source to gain health, its a loss of sustain, auto endure pain has 90!! Sec cd

Sb has definately enough pressure to kill a core warrior, and the mobillity to kite

@sephiroth.4217 said:

You also forgot GS3...

3/4 sec of evade cmon now, also, we either use it to do dmg or dodge... Rarely both at the same time

@RedShark.9548 said:Again, defiant stance is no reliable source to gain health, its a loss of sustain, auto endure pain has 90!! Sec cd

Regaining health isnt needed when you negate the rangers burst. Its there to counter a rangers attacks, it serves its purpose. You also can do all this without ever stopping your damage output.

Sb has definately enough pressure to kill a core warrior, and the mobillity to kite

Warrior has more mobility then SB.

You also forgot GS3...

3/4 sec of evade cmon now, also, we either use it to do dmg or dodge... Rarely both at the same time

Still counts.

@RedShark.9548 said:

Again, defiant stance is no reliable source to gain health, its a loss of sustain, auto endure pain has 90!! Sec cd

You also forgot GS3...

You can use it twice in that chain though and it still counts.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Oh it doesn't blind either unless you use a projectile/whirl finisher in the smoke field. Hope that clears things up!Yee, I'm aware of that at the very least~